Two Week Quiz A
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 81-82 | Chapter 83.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which ship does Ishmael select for him and Queequeg to sign on?
(a) the Tit-bit.
(b) the Titanic.
(c) the Pequod.
(d) the Devil-dam.
2. What type of whale is Moby Dick, the whale they are searching for?
(a) a Greenland whale.
(b) a folio whale.
(c) a duodecimo whale.
(d) an octavo whale.
3. What part of the whale is the most valuable to the whalers?
(a) the blubber.
(b) the ivory teeth and bones.
(c) the skin.
(d) the head and tail.
4. Where does Ishmael's story about a sea monster take place?
(a) The Dead Sea
(b) The Indian Sea
(c) Loch Ness
5. To what does Ishmael compare the weaving of a mat?
(c) map making.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Ishmael linger on the Biblical story of Jonah?
2. What kind of whale is the largest of the whales?
3. What does Queequg's signature look like?
4. How does Ishmael ultimately describe the whale?
5. What strange thing does Ahab do looking at the head of the captured whale?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)