One Week Quiz A
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 116-118.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ahab question the men about?
(a) their experience in whaling.
(b) their procedure when they spot a whale.
(c) their willingness to sail for three years.
(d) their families back home.
2. How does Stubb handle the strange situation?
(a) by writing in a diary.
(b) with a great deal of tension.
(c) by not thinking about it.
(d) with his sense of humor.
3. What equipment left on board by Aunt Charity does Stubb throw overboard?
(a) a teapot.
(b) a barrel of lemonade.
(c) a still for making rum.
(d) a caddy for ginger water.
4. Why won't the captain from the other ship come aboard the Pequod?
(a) His crew is infected with an epidemic
(b) They cannot speak English
(c) Moby Dick is after them
(d) He does not trust Ahab
5. Why does Ahab insist that the captain of the Jeroboam come aboard the Pequod?
(a) to get news of Moby Dick.
(b) to give him medical supplies.
(c) to have him check the Pequod's charts.
(d) to have dinner with him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the dream predict can kill Ahab?
2. Which character wants to go against Ahab's orders?
3. What does Ahab want to hunt down and kill?
4. What do the men do for entertainment on board the Pequod?
5. Why does Ahab's boat stay in the ocean and not return after they catch four whales?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)