Chapters 1-2 | Chapters 3-4
• Ishmael desires a new adventure and decides to join a whaling expedition.
• Ishmael travels to New Bedford to await a ship bound for Nantucket.
• Ishmael has to share a room with a head hunting savage named Queequeg.
• Queequeg is represented as having strange dressing and shaving habits.
• Ishmael has come to the point in his life where he desires something different from his life and decides to join a whaling ship.
• Ishmael is waylaid in New Bedford looking for inexpensive lodgings until he can board a ship bound for Nantucket.
• At the Spouter Inn, Ishmael is told there are no empty rooms. If he wishes to stay, he must share a bed with a harpooner.
• Startled at finding a strange man in his bed, the harpooner swings his tomahawk and threatens to kill Ishmael. Ishmael calls for the landlord who quickly clears up the...
This section contains 2,464 words
(approx. 9 pages at 300 words per page)