|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Viviane decide to make in order to keep Arthur safe in battle?
2. To what does Igraine attribute Gwenhwyfar's fear?
3. Lancelet hasn't sworn allegiance to ________, which prevents him from training the horses for the king.
4. Who appears before Morgaine, just as she was about to give up hope?
5. Whose life does Viviane end with her permission?
Short Essay Questions
1. To where does Arthur order all the women and children be sent to as the battles are increasing?
2. When Arthur suggests that Morgaine get married to Lancelet, who protests this idea?
3. Viviane is coming to the Pentecost celebration to remind Arthur of what?
4. Who sits on the garden wall, terrified to be outside?
5. When is Uther supposed to arrive to find Igraine?
6. When Morgaine tries to return to Avalon, what happens?
7. To where does Morgaine go in order to attend the ceremony in which she is to give up her maidenhead?
8. When Gwenhwyfar makes a banner for Arthur to carry in battle, what is his response?
9. How long does Viviane make Morgaine wait to see her?
10. Before Kevin and Morgaine go to Camelot, what happens?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The question of loyalty is something which is brought up constantly in this novel. Cite three different examples of loyalty in this novel and decide whether or not each character involved was loyal or not. Why or why not? Do you feel the loyalty was deserved in each case? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Doing something because you are told you should is something that also factors into many characters' lives in this story. Morgaine is told she is to give her maidenhead during a ceremony, and she does so without question. How do you think you would have responded if you were told the same thing? What would you have done? Why or why not? Keep in mind that this "order" is coming from the high priestess of Avalon.
Essay Topic 3
The Old Ways seem to have been around for many years before Christianity and this fact is a large factor in this story. Why do you think people followed the Old Ways? What does this practice offer to the common person? Why is Christianity something that is appealing after time goes on?
This section contains 624 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)