|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Morgaine tries to enter Avalon?
2. To what does Igraine attribute Gwenhwyfar's fear?
3. Where does Igraine travel to with Gorlois?
4. Who accepts Morgaine into service as a lady in waiting?
5. Who goes with the Merlin to visit Igraine?
Short Essay Questions
1. Before Kevin and Morgaine go to Camelot, what happens?
2. After a vision from the Sight, from whom does Igraine expect a visit?
3. When is Uther supposed to arrive to find Igraine?
4. When Arthur suggests that Morgaine get married to Lancelet, who protests this idea?
5. Who helps Gwenhwyfar feel more relaxed as she and Igraine travel?
6. Who is the son that Morgaine gives birth to that Morgause whisks away to a wet nurse?
7. What does Arthur carry into battle that ensures his wounds do not bleed heavily?
8. When Gwenhwyfar makes a banner for Arthur to carry in battle, what is his response?
9. How is it that the court gets fever in the spring, but no one dies from this affliction?
10. How long does Viviane make Morgaine wait to see her?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Was Arthur an effective king? Why or why not? Cite examples of actions he took that relate to your answer. Do you feel that someone else would have made a better king? Who? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
The tension between the Church and the Old Ways is thick in this story. Cite three times when these two sets of ideas clash. What could have been done to keep their relationship peaceful? Is there ever a way to have both religious outlooks? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
The Sight seems to take a lot out of the people who use it for a long time. Do you think there is any way to avoid the exhaustion and sickness that comes with using this power? Why or why not? Why would something so helpful cause so much pain? Or is the action that is being performed to blame for the outcome?
This section contains 551 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)