|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Gwydion persuade to be the Spring Maiden?
2. Where does Lancelet throw Excalibur?
(a) Into the Lake
(b) Into the woods
(c) Into the walls of Avalon
(d) Into a canyon
3. Who does Gwydion accidentally kill in anger?
4. Who comes to Avalon to ask Morgaine where Galahad is?
5. Who arrives a few days before Pentecost with the news of Galahad's death?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the laughing stock of the realm?
2. What happens between Lancelet and Gwenhwyfar after she is freed?
3. Who is the child that must go with Morgaine to learn the ways of Avalon?
4. Who is announced as the heir to the throne by Arthur?
5. What casts a shadow of a cross, much to the disappointment of Morgaine?
Short Essay Questions
1. At Morgaine's request, what does Lancelet do at the end of the story?
2. Right after the church service on Pentecost, what does Lancelet do?
3. What is the cruel joke that is played on the guests at the great hall's dinner?
4. Who wants Morgaine to help her marry Lancelet?
5. Why was Gwenhwyfar unable to carry a child to term?
6. What will the love potion do for Elaine when Lancelet drinks it in his wine?
7. Why does Gwydion flatter Morgause so much?
8. What is widely known throughout the land, making a mockery of Arthur?
9. What does Lancelet believe about his marriage to Elaine?
10. Why are Arthur's knights invigorated when Arthur arrives back at the table?
This section contains 494 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)