|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Morgaine not break that makes her realize she may be pregnant?
(a) The moon dark fast
(b) The water's edge
(c) A piece of string
(d) The mists
2. With whom does Morgaine take mind-altering substances?
3. Who is the Horned One?
(a) The Merlin
4. Who appears before Morgaine, just as she was about to give up hope?
(c) A man with a torch
5. What is Morgaine in training to become?
(a) A lady in waiting
(b) A nurse
(c) A priestess of Avalon
(d) A midwife
6. Who looks at Gwenhwyfar hungrily?
7. Who does Igraine warn during an out of body experience?
8. What does Viviane do that impresses Morgaine?
(a) Viviane sings.
(b) Clears the mists and Avalon appears.
(c) She walks on water.
(d) She casts a spell on her.
9. Who helps to settle down Gwenhwyfar as she is traveling?
10. What do Viviane and the Merline tell Igraine she must do?
(a) Deliver a son
(b) Hide in a convent
(c) Kill Uther
(d) Go to Camelot
11. Who is Gawaine's younger brother?
12. What is the name of the magical tool Viviane has made for Arthur?
13. Of whom does Igraine have disturbing dreams?
14. What takes over the court, though it claims no lives?
(a) A fever
(b) A dragon
(c) An uncurable sadness
(d) An attack
15. With whom does Arthur give Gwenhwyfar permission to sleep?
(a) The stable boy
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Igraine disappointed in Chapter 4?
2. What do the Beltane fires symbolize?
3. Who goes with the Merlin to visit Igraine?
4. Who pays a surprise visit to Viviane in Avalon?
5. To what does Igraine finally succumb?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)