|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Dolan already done for Roberts after receiving the communication requesting men to transfer to combat?
2. What does Roberts say in response to receiving this medal from the men?
3. How many groups of injured soldiers have been returned to the cargo ship?
4. Which sailor is getting Roberts' job after he leaves?
5. What record does Pulver say he has broken?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why is liberty so important to the men on the cargo ship? What importance or role does liberty play in the unfolding of the story "Mister Roberts?" Would this story have been the same if the conflict surrounding the men's liberty was removed?
Essay Topic 2
Outline what a plot is. Define what exposition and climax are in a plot, and provide examples from "Mister Roberts" for these two parts.
Essay Topic 3
Define setting and the role it plays in a piece of literature. Provide an example of this in "Mister Roberts."
This section contains 779 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)