|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Roberts respond when the Doc accuses him of thinking that the crew owes him something?
2. Doc asks Roberts if he has done what with the Captain?
3. What item does Pulver create to leave under the Captain's bed?
4. According to Dolan, what is the Captain's response to Roberts' transfer assignment?
5. Which royal family makes an appearance to celebrate the end of the war in Europe?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Define rising action and falling action. These two devices are part of what? Cite examples from the play.
Essay Topic 2
What is foreshadowing and how is it used in literature? What is one example of foreshadowing used in "Mister Roberts?" Do you find foreshadowing as a helpful literary technique? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
What is a hero and where did the hero story originate? In this play, who can be considered a hero, and why?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)