|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What might Roberts get if he does a good job keeping the crew in line?
2. What does Roberts say in response to receiving this medal from the men?
3. What has Dolan already done for Roberts after receiving the communication requesting men to transfer to combat?
4. Why are so many of the men complaining about Roberts?
5. What compliment does the Captain give to Roberts in Act 2, Scene 2?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Define the two classical types of plays that have been studied and one newer type of fiction that has been discussed. Into which category do you believe "Mister Roberts" falls, and why? Provide examples from the story to support your point.
Essay Topic 2
Define rising action and falling action. These two devices are part of what? Cite examples from the play.
Essay Topic 3
What is foreshadowing and how is it used in literature? What is one example of foreshadowing used in "Mister Roberts?" Do you find foreshadowing as a helpful literary technique? Why or why not?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)