|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Dolan, what is the Captain's response to Roberts' transfer assignment?
2. What song plays at the end of the radio announcer's speech about the end of the war in Europe?
3. Why are so many of the men complaining about Roberts?
4. Which sailor comes into the room where Doc and Roberts are and turns on the radio so that they can hear the news that the war in Europe is over?
5. At the beginning of Act 2, Scene 3, where does the reader learn Roberts has been spending all his time?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Pulver's relationship with Roberts, and Doc's relationship with Roberts. How do they differ from Roberts' relationship with the crew?
Essay Topic 2
Define protagonist and antagonist. Provide one example from the text of both a protagonist and antagonist, and explain how that character fulfills the role of either an antagonist or a protagonist.
Essay Topic 3
Outline what a plot is. Define what exposition and climax are in a plot, and provide examples from "Mister Roberts" for these two parts.
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)