|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Roberts ask Doc to do because he really wants to be off the ship?
2. According to Dolan, the communication he receives asking men to apply for a transfer also asks them to have how many years experience?
3. What song plays at the end of the radio announcer's speech about the end of the war in Europe?
4. Which sailor comes into the room where Doc and Roberts are and turns on the radio so that they can hear the news that the war in Europe is over?
5. Who has already typed up the transfer letter for Roberts once the news comes out that men are needed to transfer to combat?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the relationship and interaction between the crew and Roberts. Touch on the various ways this relationship changes, why it changes, and how the relationship is when the play ends.
Essay Topic 2
Define irony as a literary term. What is an example of irony used in "Mister Roberts?"
Essay Topic 3
Define narrative mode. What are three of the five narrative modes that have been studied, and which narrative mode is used in "Mister Roberts?"
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)