|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the fight on the island, what happens to the sailors and the ship?
2. What has Dolan already done for Roberts after receiving the communication requesting men to transfer to combat?
3. Doc and what other sailor do not believe that Roberts is deliberately looking for a promotion on the cargo ship?
4. What song plays at the end of the radio announcer's speech about the end of the war in Europe?
5. What does Dolan think will happen to the Captain if Roberts gets transferred?
Essay Topic 1
Describe the relationship and interaction between the crew and Roberts. Touch on the various ways this relationship changes, why it changes, and how the relationship is when the play ends.
Essay Topic 2
What role does authority play in this story? How do Roberts and the crew view authority? How does this differ from the way the Captain views authority?
Essay Topic 3
Define characterization and name the two types of characterization that has been studied. Provide an example of characterization from the text.
This section contains 828 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)