|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What drink do the men say they will have to celebrate that the war in Europe is over?
2. What is the Captain wearing as he goes to water his palm tree?
3. What does Roberts suggest Pulver get so that he can speak with Doc alone?
4. Why are so many of the men complaining about Roberts?
5. How much time has passed between Act 2, Scene 2 and Act 2, Scene 3?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Define the two classical types of plays that have been studied and one newer type of fiction that has been discussed. Into which category do you believe "Mister Roberts" falls, and why? Provide examples from the story to support your point.
Essay Topic 2
Define a major character and a minor character. Provide at least one example of each from the play, "Mister Roberts." State the importance of minor characters in a piece of literature.
Essay Topic 3
Describe the relationship and interaction between the crew and Roberts. Touch on the various ways this relationship changes, why it changes, and how the relationship is when the play ends.
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)