|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is going to go with Roberts to the island so that they can have their liberty?
2. Who is expected at the Office of the Island Commander the day following the fight?
3. Who comes to the ship looking for the goat brought onto the ship by Dolan?
4. When speaking with Roberts on deck, on what does the Captain insist?
5. Which sailor is getting Roberts' job after he leaves?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Define protagonist and antagonist. Provide one example from the text of both a protagonist and antagonist, and explain how that character fulfills the role of either an antagonist or a protagonist.
Essay Topic 2
Define characterization and name the two types of characterization that has been studied. Provide an example of characterization from the text.
Essay Topic 3
Briefly describe the structure of a play. Compare and contrast the structure of a play with the structure of a novel. What structure do you feel is most appropriate for "Mister Roberts?"
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)