|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which sailor does the Captain say does not have the guts to destroy the palm tree?
2. The Captain has Roberts take a group of men to the back of the ship and have them do what?
3. What compliment does the Captain give to Roberts in Act 2, Scene 2?
4. From where has the ship been ordered out of dock?
5. Who is going to go with Roberts to the island so that they can have their liberty?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is a hero and where did the hero story originate? In this play, who can be considered a hero, and why?
Essay Topic 2
Define the two classical types of plays that have been studied and one newer type of fiction that has been discussed. Into which category do you believe "Mister Roberts" falls, and why? Provide examples from the story to support your point.
Essay Topic 3
Define rising action and falling action. These two devices are part of what? Cite examples from the play.
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)