|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Roberts react when he hears what he might get as a reward for keeping the men in line?
2. How much time has passed between Act 2, Scene 2 and Act 2, Scene 3?
3. Which returning sailor does Roberts ask how their liberty was?
4. According to Dolan, what is the Captain's response to Roberts' transfer assignment?
5. Who does the radio announcer commend for winning the war in Europe?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Define narrative mode. What are three of the five narrative modes that have been studied, and which narrative mode is used in "Mister Roberts?"
Essay Topic 2
Define setting and the role it plays in a piece of literature. Provide an example of this in "Mister Roberts."
Essay Topic 3
What role does authority play in this story? How do Roberts and the crew view authority? How does this differ from the way the Captain views authority?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)