|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has submitted the transfer request that gets Roberts transferred off the cargo ship?
2. What has Dolan already done for Roberts after receiving the communication requesting men to transfer to combat?
3. When speaking with Roberts on deck, on what does the Captain insist?
4. What does Roberts do to the Captain's palm tree before throwing it overboard?
5. What does Roberts tell Pulver as he exits the ship?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Define protagonist and antagonist. Provide one example from the text of both a protagonist and antagonist, and explain how that character fulfills the role of either an antagonist or a protagonist.
Essay Topic 2
Why is liberty so important to the men on the cargo ship? What importance or role does liberty play in the unfolding of the story "Mister Roberts?" Would this story have been the same if the conflict surrounding the men's liberty was removed?
Essay Topic 3
Define rising action and falling action. These two devices are part of what? Cite examples from the play.
This section contains 798 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)