|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dolan think will happen to the Captain if Roberts gets transferred?
2. On what piece of equipment is an unconscious sailor found?
3. What compliment does the Captain give to Roberts in Act 2, Scene 2?
4. What does the inscription on the medal say?
5. According to Dolan, why has Roberts allowed the Captain to speak to him the way he does in Act 2, Scene 2?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What role does authority play in this story? How do Roberts and the crew view authority? How does this differ from the way the Captain views authority?
Essay Topic 2
What is the difference between theme and mood in a piece of literature? Provide one example of each from the play "Mister Roberts."
Essay Topic 3
Describe the relationship and interaction between the crew and Roberts. Touch on the various ways this relationship changes, why it changes, and how the relationship is when the play ends.
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)