|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Dolan, why has Roberts allowed the Captain to speak to him the way he does in Act 2, Scene 2?
2. At the beginning of Act 2, Scene 3, where does the reader learn Roberts has been spending all his time?
3. Who does the radio announcer commend for winning the war in Europe?
4. Why is the goat brought on board the ship by one of the sailors?
5. To where is Roberts being transferred?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is foreshadowing and how is it used in literature? What is one example of foreshadowing used in "Mister Roberts?" Do you find foreshadowing as a helpful literary technique? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Define narrative mode. What are three of the five narrative modes that have been studied, and which narrative mode is used in "Mister Roberts?"
Essay Topic 3
Describe Pulver's relationship with Roberts, and Doc's relationship with Roberts. How do they differ from Roberts' relationship with the crew?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)