|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the Patrol Officer, why do the sailors break into the house on the island.?
2. The Captain has Roberts take a group of men to the back of the ship and have them do what?
3. What does Roberts do to the Captain's palm tree before throwing it overboard?
4. What does the Captain call the act of getting rid of his palm tree?
5. What does the inscription on the medal say?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Define characterization and name the two types of characterization that has been studied. Provide an example of characterization from the text.
Essay Topic 2
Describe the relationship and interaction between the crew and Roberts. Touch on the various ways this relationship changes, why it changes, and how the relationship is when the play ends.
Essay Topic 3
Define a dynamic character and a static character. Provide one example of a dynamic character and one of a static character, and describe how each character meets the standards of either a standard or dynamic character. Cite examples from the play, "Mr. Roberts."
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)