|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the Captain tell the crew of the cargo ship they have to work doubly hard?
2. What does the radio commentary on the loud speaker suggest at the end of Act 2, Scene 2?
3. What compliment does the Captain give to Roberts in Act 2, Scene 2?
4. What song plays at the end of the radio announcer's speech about the end of the war in Europe?
5. What does Roberts tell Pulver as he exits the ship?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why is liberty so important to the men on the cargo ship? What importance or role does liberty play in the unfolding of the story "Mister Roberts?" Would this story have been the same if the conflict surrounding the men's liberty was removed?
Essay Topic 2
Define characterization and name the two types of characterization that has been studied. Provide an example of characterization from the text.
Essay Topic 3
Define protagonist and antagonist. Provide one example from the text of both a protagonist and antagonist, and explain how that character fulfills the role of either an antagonist or a protagonist.
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)