|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which sailor does the Captain say does not have the guts to destroy the palm tree?
2. Who is going to go with Roberts to the island so that they can have their liberty?
3. Why are so many of the men complaining about Roberts?
4. After Pulver's prank has failed, how does he feel?
5. What drink do the men say they will have to celebrate that the war in Europe is over?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Define the two classical types of plays that have been studied and one newer type of fiction that has been discussed. Into which category do you believe "Mister Roberts" falls, and why? Provide examples from the story to support your point.
Essay Topic 2
Define characterization and name the two types of characterization that has been studied. Provide an example of characterization from the text.
Essay Topic 3
What is foreshadowing and how is it used in literature? What is one example of foreshadowing used in "Mister Roberts?" Do you find foreshadowing as a helpful literary technique? Why or why not?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)