|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Dolan, with which military officer has the Captain recently gotten into an argument?
2. Pulver appears in front of the Doc and Roberts singed and covered in what?
3. What might Roberts get if he does a good job keeping the crew in line?
4. What item of the Captain's is the goat told to eat?
5. Why does the Captain tell the crew of the cargo ship they have to work doubly hard?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1Outline the transformation of Pulver from the beginning of the story to the end. Due to this transformation, what type of character is Pulver considered? As part of your answer, define the concepts of static and dynamic characters.
Essay Topic 2What role does authority play in this story? How do Roberts and the crew view authority? How does this differ from the way the Captain views authority?
Essay Topic 3What is foreshadowing and how is it used in literature? What is one example of foreshadowing used in "Mister Roberts?" Do you find foreshadowing as a helpful literary technique? Why or why not?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)