Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the Shore Patrolman, how is the Colonel viewed on the island?
2. About what does Doc think that Roberts is panicked?
3. At the end of Act 2, Scene 2, how does the crew feel about Roberts' attitude?
4. Which returning sailor does Roberts ask how their liberty was?
5. Who comes to the ship looking for the goat brought onto the ship by Dolan?
Define irony as a literary term. What is an example of irony used in "Mister Roberts?"
Why is liberty so important to the men on the cargo ship? What importance or role does liberty play in the unfolding of the story "Mister Roberts?" Would this story have been the same if the conflict surrounding the men's liberty was removed?
Outline the transformation of Pulver from the beginning of the story to the end. Due to this transformation, what type of character is Pulver considered? As part of your answer, define the concepts of static and dynamic characters.
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)