|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are so many of the men complaining about Roberts?
2. Which sailor takes Roberts' packed suitcase to the waiting boat?
3. What does the Captain call the act of getting rid of his palm tree?
4. How much time has passed between Act 2, Scene 2 and Act 2, Scene 3?
5. What does the inscription on the medal say?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Briefly describe the structure of a play. Compare and contrast the structure of a play with the structure of a novel. What structure do you feel is most appropriate for "Mister Roberts?"
Essay Topic 2
What is the difference between theme and mood in a piece of literature? Provide one example of each from the play "Mister Roberts."
Essay Topic 3
Describe the relationship and interaction between the crew and Roberts. Touch on the various ways this relationship changes, why it changes, and how the relationship is when the play ends.
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)