|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Roberts ask Doc to do because he really wants to be off the ship?
2. What item of the Captain's is the goat told to eat?
3. Who is in the stateroom with Roberts as he is packing to leave the cargo ship?
4. When speaking with Roberts on deck, on what does the Captain insist?
5. What might Roberts get if he does a good job keeping the crew in line?
Essay Topic 1
Briefly describe the structure of a play. Compare and contrast the structure of a play with the structure of a novel. What structure do you feel is most appropriate for "Mister Roberts?"
Essay Topic 2
Define narrative mode. What are three of the five narrative modes that have been studied, and which narrative mode is used in "Mister Roberts?"
Essay Topic 3
What is foreshadowing and how is it used in literature? What is one example of foreshadowing used in "Mister Roberts?" Do you find foreshadowing as a helpful literary technique? Why or why not?
This section contains 794 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)