|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Roberts do to the Captain's palm tree before throwing it overboard?
2. About what does Doc think that Roberts is panicked?
3. Doc and what other sailor do not believe that Roberts is deliberately looking for a promotion on the cargo ship?
4. Why does the Captain tell the crew of the cargo ship they have to work doubly hard?
5. What does Dolan think will happen to the Captain if Roberts gets transferred?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the difference between theme and mood in a piece of literature? Provide one example of each from the play "Mister Roberts."
Essay Topic 2
Define protagonist and antagonist. Provide one example from the text of both a protagonist and antagonist, and explain how that character fulfills the role of either an antagonist or a protagonist.
Essay Topic 3
Why is liberty so important to the men on the cargo ship? What importance or role does liberty play in the unfolding of the story "Mister Roberts?" Would this story have been the same if the conflict surrounding the men's liberty was removed?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)