Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the Shore Patrolman, how is the Colonel viewed on the island?
2. About what does Doc think that Roberts is panicked?
3. At the end of Act 2, Scene 2, how does the crew feel about Roberts' attitude?
4. Which returning sailor does Roberts ask how their liberty was?
5. Who comes to the ship looking for the goat brought onto the ship by Dolan?
Essay Topic 1
Outline the transformation of Pulver from the beginning of the story to the end. Due to this transformation, what type of character is Pulver considered? As part of your answer, define the concepts of static and dynamic characters.
Essay Topic 2
Define characterization and name the two types of characterization that has been studied. Provide an example of characterization from the text.
Essay Topic 3
Define rising action and falling action. These two devices are part of what? Cite examples from the play.
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)