|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of Act 2, Scene 3, where does the reader learn Roberts has been spending all his time?
2. During the fight between the sailors and soldiers, what happens to the young women attending the dance?
3. What is the Captain wearing as he goes to water his palm tree?
4. What does Roberts say he will not do that involves the Captain?
5. The Patrol Officer state some sailors have broken into a house on the island. To whom does this house belong?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Define setting and the role it plays in a piece of literature. Provide an example of this in "Mister Roberts."
Essay Topic 2
Define the two classical types of plays that have been studied and one newer type of fiction that has been discussed. Into which category do you believe "Mister Roberts" falls, and why? Provide examples from the story to support your point.
Essay Topic 3
Briefly describe the structure of a play. Compare and contrast the structure of a play with the structure of a novel. What structure do you feel is most appropriate for "Mister Roberts?"
This section contains 800 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)