|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which one of the announcements comes over the loud speaker at the start of Act 2, Scene 5?
2. What does Roberts do to the Captain's palm tree before throwing it overboard?
3. To where is Roberts being transferred?
4. What compliment does the Captain give to Roberts in Act 2, Scene 2?
5. What does Roberts ask Doc to do because he really wants to be off the ship?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Define setting and the role it plays in a piece of literature. Provide an example of this in "Mister Roberts."
Essay Topic 2
What is foreshadowing and how is it used in literature? What is one example of foreshadowing used in "Mister Roberts?" Do you find foreshadowing as a helpful literary technique? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the relationship and interaction between the crew and Roberts. Touch on the various ways this relationship changes, why it changes, and how the relationship is when the play ends.
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)