|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. From what branch of the military is the Colonel who sponsors the dance?
2. How much time has passed between Act 2, Scene 2 and Act 2, Scene 3?
3. What does the Captain say when Roberts goes to stand with the men?
4. According to Dolan, the communication he receives asking men to apply for a transfer also asks them to have how many years experience?
5. What does the Captain do when he finds that his palm tree is gone?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Define rising action and falling action. These two devices are part of what? Cite examples from the play.
Essay Topic 2
What is a hero and where did the hero story originate? In this play, who can be considered a hero, and why?
Essay Topic 3
Why is liberty so important to the men on the cargo ship? What importance or role does liberty play in the unfolding of the story "Mister Roberts?" Would this story have been the same if the conflict surrounding the men's liberty was removed?
This section contains 770 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)