|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is in the stateroom with Roberts as he is packing to leave the cargo ship?
2. What does the Captain say when Roberts goes to stand with the men?
3. What does the Captain call the act of getting rid of his palm tree?
4. What compliment does the Captain give to Roberts in Act 2, Scene 2?
5. How does Roberts react when he hears what he might get as a reward for keeping the men in line?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Outline what a plot is. Define what exposition and climax are in a plot, and provide examples from "Mister Roberts" for these two parts.
Essay Topic 2
Describe Pulver's relationship with Roberts, and Doc's relationship with Roberts. How do they differ from Roberts' relationship with the crew?
Essay Topic 3
Define rising action and falling action. These two devices are part of what? Cite examples from the play.
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)