|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the Shore Patrolman, how is the Colonel viewed on the island?
2. About what does Doc think that Roberts is panicked?
3. At the end of Act 2, Scene 2, how does the crew feel about Roberts' attitude?
4. Which returning sailor does Roberts ask how their liberty was?
5. Who comes to the ship looking for the goat brought onto the ship by Dolan?
Essay Topic 1
What role does authority play in this story? How do Roberts and the crew view authority? How does this differ from the way the Captain views authority?
Essay Topic 2
Define a major character and a minor character. Provide at least one example of each from the play, "Mister Roberts." State the importance of minor characters in a piece of literature.
Essay Topic 3
Define narrative mode. What are three of the five narrative modes that have been studied, and which narrative mode is used in "Mister Roberts?"
This section contains 770 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)