|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Roberts respond when the Doc accuses him of thinking that the crew owes him something?
2. What might Roberts get if he does a good job keeping the crew in line?
3. What item of the Captain's is the goat told to eat?
4. What is the Captain wearing as he goes to water his palm tree?
5. What does the Captain do when he finds that his palm tree is gone?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Define characterization and name the two types of characterization that has been studied. Provide an example of characterization from the text.
Essay Topic 2
Describe Pulver's relationship with Roberts, and Doc's relationship with Roberts. How do they differ from Roberts' relationship with the crew?
Essay Topic 3
Outline what a plot is. Define what exposition and climax are in a plot, and provide examples from "Mister Roberts" for these two parts.
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)