|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the Patrol Officer, why do the sailors break into the house on the island.?
2. Which sailor takes Roberts' packed suitcase to the waiting boat?
3. How does Roberts feel about the men thinking that he wants a promotion?
4. The Patrol Officer state some sailors have broken into a house on the island. To whom does this house belong?
5. From where has the ship been ordered out of dock?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Define narrative mode. What are three of the five narrative modes that have been studied, and which narrative mode is used in "Mister Roberts?"
Essay Topic 2
What role does authority play in this story? How do Roberts and the crew view authority? How does this differ from the way the Captain views authority?
Essay Topic 3
Describe Pulver's relationship with Roberts, and Doc's relationship with Roberts. How do they differ from Roberts' relationship with the crew?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)