|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What item does Pulver create to leave under the Captain's bed?
2. What item of the Captain's is the goat told to eat?
3. What is the Captain wearing as he goes to water his palm tree?
4. What might Roberts get if he does a good job keeping the crew in line?
5. What does Roberts tell Pulver as he exits the ship?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Define irony as a literary term. What is an example of irony used in "Mister Roberts?"
Essay Topic 2
What role does authority play in this story? How do Roberts and the crew view authority? How does this differ from the way the Captain views authority?
Essay Topic 3
Define the two classical types of plays that have been studied and one newer type of fiction that has been discussed. Into which category do you believe "Mister Roberts" falls, and why? Provide examples from the story to support your point.
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)