|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of Act 2, Scene 2, how does the crew feel about Roberts' attitude?
2. Where is Act 2, Scene 2 set?
3. What does the radio commentary on the loud speaker suggest at the end of Act 2, Scene 2?
4. The Captain has Roberts take a group of men to the back of the ship and have them do what?
5. According to the Shore Patrolman, how is the Colonel viewed on the island?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Define symbolism as a literary term. What is the main symbol in the play and what does it represent? Are there any other examples of symbolism that can be found in the story?
Essay Topic 2
Define a dynamic character and a static character. Provide one example of a dynamic character and one of a static character, and describe how each character meets the standards of either a standard or dynamic character. Cite examples from the play, "Mr. Roberts."
Essay Topic 3
Define protagonist and antagonist. Provide one example from the text of both a protagonist and antagonist, and explain how that character fulfills the role of either an antagonist or a protagonist.
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)