Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the Captain not want Roberts to leave his ship?
2. What do the sailors do when they hear that their liberty is not canceled after all?
3. What sort of punishment does the Captain says Roberts deserves as they argue about liberty for the men?
4. What does the Captain call Roberts after they settle their argument about the men's liberty?
5. What drink do Miss Girard and Roberts joke is their favorite?
Short Essay Questions
1. What news does Roberts share with the men at the end of Act 1, Scene 4?
2. What affect does Roberts feel liberty has had on the men?
3. What does Roberts mention about Pulver's pranks in Act 1, Scene 2?
4. How does the Captain speak about Roberts in front of the men in Act 2, Scene 2?
5. What does Doc think about the cargo ship and the desire to fight about which Roberts is speaking?
6. What excuse does the Captain give Roberts for canceling liberty?
7. In Act 1, Scene 1, what does Doc learn about Roberts and his transfer requests?
8. For what is Pulver looking in Roberts' things and why?
9. How do Doc and Pulver feel about Roberts' change in attitude?
10. How does Pulver react when he reads the news about Roberts?
Why is liberty so important to the men on the cargo ship? What importance or role does liberty play in the unfolding of the story "Mister Roberts?" Would this story have been the same if the conflict surrounding the men's liberty was removed?
Describe Pulver's relationship with Roberts, and Doc's relationship with Roberts. How do they differ from Roberts' relationship with the crew?
Define narrative mode. What are three of the five narrative modes that have been studied, and which narrative mode is used in "Mister Roberts?"
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)