|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What order does the Captain give Roberts regarding his letter writing?
2. Besides the nearby island, on what does Dowdy comment when he first joins Roberts?
3. How does Doc describe the desire to fight?
4. What does the Captain assume about Pulver since he never sees Pulver around?
5. About what does Miss Girard say the nurses have been talking?
Short Essay Questions
1. What message does the Captain deliver over the loudspeaker in Act 1, Scene 5?
2. What does Dolan try to pressure Roberts to do, and how does Roberts react?
3. What causes Miss Girard to look through one of the spyglasses while she is on the ship?
4. What does the reader learn about Roberts' transfer and travel plans at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 5?
5. What is Roberts' opinion of Pulver in Act 1, Scene 2?
6. What does Wiley say about liberty?
7. How does Pulver react when he reads the news about Roberts?
8. What does Roberts have to do to get the Captain to give the men their liberty?
9. How do Roberts' and Doc's feelings differ regarding Roberts' making another attempt at a transfer request.
10. What are the Captain's orders about fruit, and why does Roberts break these orders?
Essay Topic 1
Define rising action and falling action. These two devices are part of what? Cite examples from the play.
Essay Topic 2
What is the difference between theme and mood in a piece of literature? Provide one example of each from the play "Mister Roberts."
Essay Topic 3
Define narrative mode. What are three of the five narrative modes that have been studied, and which narrative mode is used in "Mister Roberts?"
This section contains 1,312 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)