|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Captain reference when talking about his success with Roberts?
2. What do the sailors do when they hear that their liberty is not canceled after all?
3. Which of the following does Roberts not say about Pulver?
4. After finishing his notice about liberty being canceled, at what does the Captain glance?
5. What type of men does the Captain say he resents?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Captain say to Roberts about his transfer requests in Act 1, Scene 3?
2. What does the reader learn about Pulver in Act 1, Scene 4?
3. How does the crew seem to feel about Roberts at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 3?
4. Where is "Mister Roberts" set, and whose story does it tell?
5. What does Roberts mention about Pulver's pranks in Act 1, Scene 2?
6. How do Doc and Roberts help Pulver out in Act 1, Scene 2?
7. What news does Roberts share with the men at the end of Act 1, Scene 4?
8. What is Pulver's interaction with the Captain like in Act 1, Scene 3?
9. What leads to so many injured sailors at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 1?
10. How is the Captain reacting to the news of Roberts' transfer?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Outline what a plot is. Define what exposition and climax are in a plot, and provide examples from "Mister Roberts" for these two parts.
Essay Topic 2
Define a major character and a minor character. Provide at least one example of each from the play, "Mister Roberts." State the importance of minor characters in a piece of literature.
Essay Topic 3
What is a hero and where did the hero story originate? In this play, who can be considered a hero, and why?
This section contains 684 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)