|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following best describes the Captain's actions in Act 1, Scene3?
2. For what is Pulver looking in Roberts' locker?
3. At what port are the sailors going to have liberty?
4. What does the Captain reference when talking about his success with Roberts?
5. What is the first question Roberts' asks Pulver when he gets back to their room?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Roberts' opinion of Pulver in Act 1, Scene 2?
2. What reason is provided for why Roberts has let the Captain speak to him the way he has, and who defends Roberts?
3. How would you describe the Captain's character traits in Act 1, Scene 3?
4. What does the Captain do when he first realizes what has happened to his palm tree?
5. What is Pulver's excuse for not having lunch with the Captain?
6. What does Wiley say about liberty?
7. What does the reader learn about Pulver in Act 1, Scene 4?
8. Pulver and Miss Girard are talking about what as they try to head to Pulver's cabin?
9. What does Roberts have to do to get the Captain to give the men their liberty?
10. In Act 2, Scene 2, what has happened because of the men's behavior while on liberty?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Define rising action and falling action. These two devices are part of what? Cite examples from the play.
Essay Topic 2
Define a dynamic character and a static character. Provide one example of a dynamic character and one of a static character, and describe how each character meets the standards of either a standard or dynamic character. Cite examples from the play, "Mr. Roberts."
Essay Topic 3
What is foreshadowing and how is it used in literature? What is one example of foreshadowing used in "Mister Roberts?" Do you find foreshadowing as a helpful literary technique? Why or why not?
This section contains 746 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)