|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Captain do when he finds that his palm tree is gone?
(a) He cries.
(b) He goes to tell the Admiral.
(c) He rushes to talk with Roberts.
(d) He sounds the general alarm.
2. Why are so many of the men complaining about Roberts?
(a) Because he does not sit with them at dinner.
(b) Because he has put Dolan on report.
(c) Because he clearly likes Doc the best.
(d) Because he wants to transfer and leave them all.
3. From what unusual item does the crew pour alcohol when they drink a toast to Roberts?
(a) A fire extinguisher.
(b) A mop bucket.
(c) A shoe.
(d) An oil can.
4. To where is Roberts being transferred?
(c) The South Pacific.
(d) Puerto Rico.
5. From what branch of the military is the Colonel who sponsors the dance?
(b) Coast Guard.
(d) Air Force.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Roberts tell Pulver as he exits the ship?
2. How does Roberts feel about the men thinking that he wants a promotion?
3. According to the Shore Patrolman, how is the Colonel viewed on the island?
4. What does the inscription on the medal say?
5. What does Roberts ask Doc to do because he really wants to be off the ship?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)