|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are so many of the men complaining about Roberts?
(a) Because he does not sit with them at dinner.
(b) Because he wants to transfer and leave them all.
(c) Because he has put Dolan on report.
(d) Because he clearly likes Doc the best.
2. Which sailor takes Roberts' packed suitcase to the waiting boat?
3. After the fight on the island, what happens to the sailors and the ship?
(a) The ship is restricted, liberty is cancelled.
(b) The sailors are on probation and the ship is fined.
(c) Nothing happens to the ship but the sailors are all demoted.
(d) The ship is vandalized and the sailors scared.
4. What might Roberts get if he does a good job keeping the crew in line?
(a) A transfer to a battleship.
(b) An extended leave.
(c) A promotion.
(d) An upgrade to a single cabin.
5. Who does the radio announcer commend for winning the war in Europe?
(a) Rosie the Riveter.
(c) The British Air Force.
(d) The fighting men.
Short Answer Questions
1. During the fight between the sailors and soldiers, what happens to the young women attending the dance?
2. What song plays at the end of the radio announcer's speech about the end of the war in Europe?
3. What item does Pulver create to leave under the Captain's bed?
4. Which returning sailor does Roberts ask how their liberty was?
5. When speaking with Roberts on deck, on what does the Captain insist?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)