|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Captain do when he finds that his palm tree is gone?
(a) He cries.
(b) He rushes to talk with Roberts.
(c) He goes to tell the Admiral.
(d) He sounds the general alarm.
2. What image is on the homemade medal the crew presents to Roberts?
(a) A flag.
(b) A star.
(c) A palm tree.
(d) A gun.
3. During the fight between the sailors and soldiers, what happens to the young women attending the dance?
(a) They are not affected at all and keep dancing.
(b) They join in the fight themselves.
(c) They break up the fight and everything returns to normal.
(d) They are injured or frightened away.
4. Who tells Roberts that he is as drunk as a goat?
5. What is the Captain wearing as he goes to water his palm tree?
(a) A bathing suit.
(b) His uniform.
(c) A bathrobe.
(d) His civilian clothes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Captain call the act of getting rid of his palm tree?
2. Who does the radio announcer commend for winning the war in Europe?
3. What compliment does the Captain give to Roberts in Act 2, Scene 2?
4. Why is the goat brought on board the ship by one of the sailors?
5. According to Dolan, the communication he receives asking men to apply for a transfer also asks them to have how many years experience?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)