|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To where is Roberts being transferred?
(a) The South Pacific.
(b) Puerto Rico.
2. At the end of Act 2, Scene 2, how does the crew feel about Roberts' attitude?
(a) They feel it has changed in a bad way.
(b) They feel inspired by his attitude.
(c) They agree one hundred percent with his attitude.
(d) They feel excited about his attitude.
3. What has Dolan already done for Roberts after receiving the communication requesting men to transfer to combat?
(a) He has already talked to the Captain for Roberts.
(b) He has already talked to the Admiral for Roberts.
(c) He has already sent in the transfer request.
(d) He has already typed up the transfer request.
4. How does Roberts respond to the news that the war in Europe is over?
(a) He sadly says he will be out of the fight.
(b) He is so happy that he jumps up and down
(c) He runs out of the room in tears.
(d) He rejoices.
5. What does the radio commentary on the loud speaker suggest at the end of Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Pearl Harbor has been bombed.
(b) The war in Europe is coming to an end.
(c) The war will be reaching England soon.
(d) More countries may soon be overrun.
Short Answer Questions
1. What image is on the homemade medal the crew presents to Roberts?
2. Which sailor does the Captain say does not have the guts to destroy the palm tree?
3. Who comes to the ship looking for the goat brought onto the ship by Dolan?
4. According to Dolan, what is the Captain's response to Roberts' transfer assignment?
5. What might Roberts get if he does a good job keeping the crew in line?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)