|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What facts do the sailors hear the Captain say to Roberts over the loudspeaker?
(a) They hear the Captain say the palm tree is his only friend.
(b) They hear the Captain say Roberts will be court marshalled.
(c) They hear that the Captain say he will resign.
(d) That he and Roberts had made a deal so the men could have liberty.
2. What loud noise is heard in the back of the ship that causes the Captain to come out to see what is happening?
(a) A bell ringing.
(b) A siren.
(c) An explosion.
(d) A loud scream.
3. Where is Act 2, Scene 2 set?
(a) Roberts' sleeping quarters.
(b) The sick bay.
(c) The ship's upperdeck.
(d) The Captain's quarters.
4. How does Roberts feel about the men thinking that he wants a promotion?
(a) He is happy to hear what they think.
(b) It makes him proud.
(c) He does not care what they think.
(d) It makes him angry.
5. Which sailor does the Captain say does not have the guts to destroy the palm tree?
Short Answer Questions
1. What song plays at the end of the radio announcer's speech about the end of the war in Europe?
2. Which returning sailor does Roberts ask how their liberty was?
3. What does the Captain say the soldiers will do until he discovers who got rid of his palm tree?
4. Why are so many of the men complaining about Roberts?
5. What does Roberts do to the Captain's palm tree before throwing it overboard?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)