|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Miss Girard wants whom to join her and Pulver for a drink?
(a) The Captain.
2. What type of fruit is in the crates Roberts gives to the officer?
3. Who is the only sailor on the ship who has been to the port where they men are going to have their liberty?
4. How much money is bet by the sailors that Miss Girard is the nurse with the birthmark on her bottom?
5. Who says that Roberts' is stupid for "chasing death?"
(c) The Captain.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Roberts seem to view the cargo ship's role in the war compared with a battleship's role in the war?
2. What does Dowdy request from Roberts as they unload the cargo?
3. In which branch of the military is Roberts enlisted?
4. Besides the nearby island, on what does Dowdy comment when he first joins Roberts?
5. What does the Captain say Roberts' letters will do for his reputation?
Short Essay Questions
1. Pulver and Miss Girard are talking about what as they try to head to Pulver's cabin?
2. What are the Captain's orders about fruit, and why does Roberts break these orders?
3. What is Roberts' opinion of Pulver in Act 1, Scene 2?
4. How is the Captain reacting to the news of Roberts' transfer?
5. What happens in Act 2, Scene 4, when the Captain gets angry?
6. What does the crew present to Roberts right before he leaves?
7. What does the reader learn about Roberts' transfer and travel plans at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 5?
8. What does the Captain ask Roberts to do at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 2?
9. What is Pulver's interaction with the Captain like in Act 1, Scene 3?
10. What news about Roberts' transfer does Doc share with Roberts in Act 2, Scene 5?
This section contains 740 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)