|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has given Miss Girard the nickname "Red Label?"
(b) One of the other nurses.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her sister.
2. What do the sailors notice is being built on a nearby island?
(a) A hotel.
(b) An airport.
3. What type of men does the Captain say he resents?
(a) College-educated men.
(b) Mama's boys.
(c) Hero worshipping men.
(d) Indecisive men.
4. What reasons does the Captain give for canceling liberty for the men?
(a) Their bad attitudes.
(b) They have been called to join the battle.
(c) Security concerns.
(d) The anchor is broken and they cannot stop.
5. How does Roberts seem to view the cargo ship's role in the war compared with a battleship's role in the war?
(a) He thinks that they are equally important.
(b) He sees the cargo ship's role as being inferior.
(c) He believes that both ships are inferior to the role of airplanes.
(d) He sees the battleship's role as less important.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Captain assume about Pulver since he never sees Pulver around?
2. What drink do Miss Girard and Roberts joke is their favorite?
3. How does Doc describe the desire to fight?
4. When Miss Girard talks about her nickname, how does Pulver respond?
5. Who says that Roberts' is stupid for "chasing death?"
Short Essay Questions
1. What kind of excitement and trouble do the spyglasses cause in the beginning of the play?
2. What does the Captain ask Roberts to do at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 2?
3. How does Pulver react when he reads the news about Roberts?
4. How does Roberts seem to feel about the cargo ship and being on it?
5. In Act 1, Scene 1, what does Doc learn about Roberts and his transfer requests?
6. In Act 2, Scene 2, what has happened because of the men's behavior while on liberty?
7. What are some of the lies that Pulver tells Nurse Girard?
8. What affect does Roberts feel liberty has had on the men?
9. What are the Captain's orders about fruit, and why does Roberts break these orders?
10. What is Pulver's excuse for not having lunch with the Captain?
This section contains 827 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)