|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What position does Roberts truly hold on the ship?
(a) Laundry officer.
(b) First mate.
(c) Executive officer.
2. When Miss Girard talks about her nickname, how does Pulver respond?
(a) He tells her she is being inappropriate.
(b) He gets very embarrassed.
(c) He tells her a story about his nickname.
(d) He tells her he does not know about what she is talking.
3. What does Pulver call the nurse with whom he is hoping to be?
(a) Honey buns.
(b) Little lemon.
(c) Dumb little blonde.
(d) Beautiful canary.
4. Which of the following is not something the sailors do as they prepare for their liberty?
(a) Comb their hair.
(b) Write a letter to their mother.
(d) Shine their shoes.
5. What item is a trophy of excellence for the Captain?
(a) A leather bound book.
(b) A trophy.
(c) A palm tree.
(d) A gold compass.
Short Answer Questions
1. What drink do Miss Girard and Roberts joke is their favorite?
2. What does Doc think about the cargo ship?
3. What does the Captain say Roberts must do so that the men will be allowed liberty?
4. What does the Captain call Roberts after they settle their argument about the men's liberty?
5. According to the Captain, what "pre-voked" him about the men getting liberty?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the reader learn about Pulver in Act 1, Scene 4?
2. What does the Captain say about college-educated men?
3. What does Dolan try to pressure Roberts to do, and how does Roberts react?
4. What message does the Captain deliver over the loudspeaker in Act 1, Scene 5?
5. What is Dolan doing with the goat on the cargo ship?
6. How does Roberts seem to feel about the cargo ship and being on it?
7. What is the mood of the sailors as they get ready for liberty?
8. What news about Roberts' transfer does Doc share with Roberts in Act 2, Scene 5?
9. What news does Roberts share with the men at the end of Act 1, Scene 4?
10. In Act 2, Scene 4, the Captain accuses Roberts of what?
This section contains 772 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)