|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Dolan asked to do for Roberts?
(a) Cover his chores.
(b) Iron his uniform.
(c) Leave him alone.
(d) Type a letter.
2. What type of fruit is in the crates Roberts gives to the officer?
3. Who lies about seeing women in the spyglass?
4. Why does the Captain not want Roberts to leave his ship?
(a) Because Roberts' skills help the Captain.
(b) He is afraid for Roberts' safety if he goes to battle.
(c) He will miss Roberts' friendship too much.
(d) He wants to make Roberts miserable.
5. How are the Captain's actions best described in Act 1, Scene 6?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the Captain every time he gets angry at Roberts?
2. What does Doc think about the cargo ship?
3. Who is the only sailor on the ship who has been to the port where they men are going to have their liberty?
4. At the beginning of the play, with which shipmate is Roberts talking?
5. What do the sailors notice is being built on a nearby island?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the reader learn about Roberts' transfer and travel plans at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 5?
2. What does the Captain do when he first realizes what has happened to his palm tree?
3. How does the Captain react when he sees the men with their shirts off while on deck?
4. What reason is provided for why Roberts has let the Captain speak to him the way he has, and who defends Roberts?
5. What does Wiley say about liberty?
6. What leads to so many injured sailors at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 1?
7. Pulver and Miss Girard are talking about what as they try to head to Pulver's cabin?
8. In Act 2, Scene 2, what has happened because of the men's behavior while on liberty?
9. Dowdy and Roberts discuss what regarding the nearby island in the first scene of the play?
10. For what is Pulver looking in Roberts' things and why?
This section contains 745 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)