|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first question Roberts' asks Pulver when he gets back to their room?
(a) Why it is so hot in the room.
(b) Whether Dolan has brought his letter.
(c) Where the Captain is.
(d) What Pulver is doing in his locker.
2. How does Doc describe the desire to fight?
(a) It is a reflex.
(b) It is a life's calling.
(c) It is a stupid decision.
(d) It is a passion.
3. What type of study does Roberts quit before becoming a sailor?
(a) Graduate school.
(b) Law school.
(c) Veterinary school.
(d) Medical school.
4. Who has given Miss Girard the nickname "Red Label?"
(b) Her sister.
(c) One of the other nurses.
(d) Her mother.
5. Who lies about seeing women in the spyglass?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Pulver hide the letter Dolan has typed for Roberts?
2. What happens to the Captain every time he gets angry at Roberts?
3. Who reveals to Roberts that the Captain has received his transfer request letter?
4. How does Roberts respond when the messenger tells him the Captain would like to see him?
5. How does Roberts seem to view the cargo ship's role in the war compared with a battleship's role in the war?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Doc and Pulver feel about Roberts' change in attitude?
2. What happens when Pulver goes to test his firecracker?
3. What does the reader learn about Pulver in Act 1, Scene 4?
4. What affect does Roberts feel liberty has had on the men?
5. What is Pulver's excuse for not having lunch with the Captain?
6. How would you describe the Captain's character traits in Act 1, Scene 3?
7. What does Roberts mention about Pulver's pranks in Act 1, Scene 2?
8. About what does Dowdy complain to Pulver, and how does Pulver respond in the beginning of Act 2, Scene 6?
9. What does the Captain say about college-educated men?
10. In Act 2, Scene 4, the Captain accuses Roberts of what?
This section contains 781 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)