Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who lies about seeing women in the spyglass?
2. What drink do Miss Girard and Roberts joke is their favorite?
(a) Medical alcohol and orange juice.
(d) Peach Schnapps.
3. Why is the Captain so angry with Roberts when he comes out on deck during the supply transfer?
(a) Because the men do not have their shirts on.
(b) All answers are correct
(c) Because he has just received Roberts' letter.
(d) Because Roberts disobeyed his orders about the fruit.
4. How does Roberts seem to view the cargo ship's role in the war compared with a battleship's role in the war?
(a) He thinks that they are equally important.
(b) He believes that both ships are inferior to the role of airplanes.
(c) He sees the battleship's role as less important.
(d) He sees the cargo ship's role as being inferior.
5. Where does Pulver hide the letter Dolan has typed for Roberts?
(a) In his shoes.
(b) Under a blanket.
(c) In his closet
(d) Under his bed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Over what does the crew argue when the Captain has left the deck?
2. What do Roberts and the Captain hear coming from the port while they are arguing about liberty?
3. What type of fruit is in the crates Roberts gives to the officer?
4. What does Doc say Pulver has been telling him?
5. According to the Captain, what "pre-voked" him about the men getting liberty?
Short Essay Questions
1. How would you describe the Captain's character traits in Act 1, Scene 3?
2. How does Pulver react when he reads the news about Roberts?
3. How does the Captain speak about Roberts in front of the men in Act 2, Scene 2?
4. What is Pulver's excuse for not having lunch with the Captain?
5. How does Miss Girard react when she learns that the men can see the nurses through their spyglass?
6. Where is "Mister Roberts" set, and whose story does it tell?
7. How do Doc and Pulver feel about Roberts' change in attitude?
8. What information does Furnell's letter share?
9. What happens when Pulver goes to test his firecracker?
10. How do Roberts and the men respond to the news that the war is over in Europe?
This section contains 857 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)