|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Pulver, Doc, and Roberts making with Coca Cola, medication, alcohol, and iodine?
(a) A cleaner for the floors.
(b) Something that tastes like scotch.
(d) Something that will work like lighter fluid.
2. In what geographical location are the sailors having their liberty?
(a) The North Atlantic.
(c) The Caribbean.
3. According to the Captain, Pulver is the only officer who does what to the Captain?
(c) Jokes around with him.
4. What type of study does Roberts quit before becoming a sailor?
(a) Law school.
(b) Graduate school.
(c) Medical school.
(d) Veterinary school.
5. What do the sailors do when they hear that their liberty is not canceled after all?
(a) They give three cheers.
(b) They boo the Captain.
(c) They shout angrily.
(d) They sing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What position does Miss Girard hold for the nurses?
2. What gift does Roberts take to the Port Director?
3. Over what does the crew argue when the Captain has left the deck?
4. Why does the Captain tell Roberts not to release any of the fresh fruit while they are unloading cargo?
5. What position does Roberts truly hold on the ship?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Roberts seem to feel about the cargo ship and being on it?
2. What is Pulver's excuse for not having lunch with the Captain?
3. What does the Captain say about college-educated men?
4. In Act 2, Scene 4, the Captain accuses Roberts of what?
5. To what realization do Doc and Roberts come regarding Roberts and the crew in Act 2, Scene 3?
6. What reason is provided for why Roberts has let the Captain speak to him the way he has, and who defends Roberts?
7. What leads to so many injured sailors at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 1?
8. What affect does Roberts feel liberty has had on the men?
9. How do the men find out about Roberts' agreement with the Captain, and how does their attitude change toward him?
10. What information does Furnell's letter share?
This section contains 798 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)