|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why can't Pulver have lunch with the Captain?
(a) He is on watch for the afternoon.
(b) He has to finish his chores.
(c) He has to go to the hospital on the island.
(d) The Captain has ordered him to his barracks.
2. What is the first question Roberts' asks Pulver when he gets back to their room?
(a) Where the Captain is.
(b) Whether Dolan has brought his letter.
(c) What Pulver is doing in his locker.
(d) Why it is so hot in the room.
3. What does Roberts pick up at the end of Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) His bottle of scotch.
(b) The spyglass.
(c) His next request for transfer.
(d) A mop and pail.
4. What position does Roberts tell Miss Girard he holds on the ship?
(a) Laundry officer.
(b) Executive officer
5. At the beginning of the play, with which shipmate is Roberts talking?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Miss Girard ask Pulver to call a boat?
2. What do the sailors do when they hear that their liberty is not canceled after all?
3. What does Dolan say about Roberts' letter?
4. What paper is Roberts holding in his hand when he runs into the doctor early in Act 1, Scene 1?
5. What does Roberts tell Doc he spots while on watch the previous night?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Pulver goes to test his firecracker?
2. What is the mood of the sailors as they get ready for liberty?
3. What does the Captain do when he first realizes what has happened to his palm tree?
4. What causes Miss Girard to look through one of the spyglasses while she is on the ship?
5. What does Roberts mention about Pulver's pranks in Act 1, Scene 2?
6. Dowdy and Roberts discuss what regarding the nearby island in the first scene of the play?
7. How does Miss Girard react when she learns that the men can see the nurses through their spyglass?
8. In Act 1, Scene 1, what does Doc learn about Roberts and his transfer requests?
9. What affect does Roberts feel liberty has had on the men?
10. How does the Captain speak about Roberts in front of the men in Act 2, Scene 2?
This section contains 845 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)