|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What order does the captain shout to the men about their shirts?
(a) Shirts are to be worn on deck.
(b) Only black shirts should be worn.
(c) No shirt should have long sleeves.
(d) All shirts should have pockets.
2. Over what does the crew argue when the Captain has left the deck?
(a) Whether or not Roberts should have listened to the Captain's orders.
(b) Who gets to take the next application for transfer to the Captain.
(c) Whether or not they should finish their job for the day.
(d) Who gets to sit next to Roberts in the mess hall.
3. At what port are the sailors going to have liberty?
(b) Rio Pico.
(d) Blue Bay.
4. What happens to the Captain every time he gets angry at Roberts?
(a) He is left speechless.
(b) He cries.
(c) He hits things.
(d) He gets nauseated.
5. What type of men does the Captain say he resents?
(a) Hero worshipping men.
(b) Indecisive men.
(c) Mama's boys.
(d) College-educated men.
Short Answer Questions
1. Miss Girard wants whom to join her and Pulver for a drink?
2. What does Dolan say about Roberts' letter?
3. Which of the following best describes the Captain's actions in Act 1, Scene3?
4. According to the Captain, whose idea is liberty since it is not his?
5. Why does Roberts shut off the radio?
Short Essay Questions
1. About what do Dolan and Pulver speak when Dolan comes to drop off Roberts' letter?
2. How do Doc and Roberts help Pulver out in Act 1, Scene 2?
3. How does Miss Girard react when she learns that the men can see the nurses through their spyglass?
4. What information does Roberts' letter share?
5. To what realization do Doc and Roberts come regarding Roberts and the crew in Act 2, Scene 3?
6. Dowdy and Roberts discuss what regarding the nearby island in the first scene of the play?
7. How does the Captain react when he sees the men with their shirts off while on deck?
8. For what is Pulver looking in Roberts' things and why?
9. What is Pulver's interaction with the Captain like in Act 1, Scene 3?
10. What reason is provided for why Roberts has let the Captain speak to him the way he has, and who defends Roberts?
This section contains 811 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)