|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the sailors do when they hear that their liberty is not canceled after all?
(a) They boo the Captain.
(b) They shout angrily.
(c) They sing.
(d) They give three cheers.
2. What reasons does the Captain give for canceling liberty for the men?
(a) Security concerns.
(b) Their bad attitudes.
(c) They have been called to join the battle.
(d) The anchor is broken and they cannot stop.
3. Which type of alcohol does Miss Girard love?
4. In what geographical location are the sailors having their liberty?
(a) The Caribbean.
(b) The North Atlantic.
5. What does the Captain reference when talking about his success with Roberts?
(a) His Medals of Honor.
(b) The Commodore.
(c) The ship.
(d) The Palm Tree.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Doc say Pulver has been telling him?
2. What gift does Roberts take to the Port Director?
3. What item is a trophy of excellence for the Captain?
4. What does Dowdy request from Roberts as they unload the cargo?
5. According to Dolan, when will the Captain need a bucket?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the crew present to Roberts right before he leaves?
2. What affect does Roberts feel liberty has had on the men?
3. How do Roberts and the men respond to the news that the war is over in Europe?
4. In Act 1, Scene 1, what does Doc learn about Roberts and his transfer requests?
5. How does Roberts seem to feel about the cargo ship and being on it?
6. What is the response when the crew hears the Captain is still asleep and has not issued the orders for liberty to start?
7. What does the Captain say to Roberts about his transfer requests in Act 1, Scene 3?
8. How do Roberts' and Doc's feelings differ regarding Roberts' making another attempt at a transfer request.
9. What is Roberts' opinion of Pulver in Act 1, Scene 2?
10. What information does Roberts' letter share?
This section contains 767 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)