|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Dolan asked to do for Roberts?
(a) Iron his uniform.
(b) Leave him alone.
(c) Type a letter.
(d) Cover his chores.
2. What does the Captain say Roberts' letters will do for his reputation?
(a) Damage his reputation with the commanding officers.
(b) Give him a reputation for being a patient leader.
(c) Help his reputation as a merciful Captain.
(d) Make his ship sound like the boring ship.
3. Where does Pulver hide the letter Dolan has typed for Roberts?
(a) In his closet
(b) Under his bed.
(c) Under a blanket.
(d) In his shoes.
4. What does Pulver call the nurse with whom he is hoping to be?
(a) Little lemon.
(b) Honey buns.
(c) Dumb little blonde.
(d) Beautiful canary.
5. What do the sailors notice is being built on a nearby island?
(a) A hotel.
(b) An airport.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the Captain punish Roberts when he becomes angry at Roberts for disobeying him?
2. What does the Captain reference when talking about his success with Roberts?
3. Who says that Roberts' is stupid for "chasing death?"
4. What position does Miss Girard hold for the nurses?
5. What does Doc think about the cargo ship?
Short Essay Questions
1. What leads to so many injured sailors at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 1?
2. How does the Captain react when he sees the men with their shirts off while on deck?
3. What does the reader learn about Pulver in Act 1, Scene 4?
4. What does the Captain ask Roberts to do at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 2?
5. What is Roberts' opinion of Pulver in Act 1, Scene 2?
6. What is Dolan doing with the goat on the cargo ship?
7. What is the response when the crew hears the Captain is still asleep and has not issued the orders for liberty to start?
8. How do Doc and Roberts help Pulver out in Act 1, Scene 2?
9. How would you describe the Captain's character traits in Act 1, Scene 3?
10. How do Roberts and the men respond to the news that the war is over in Europe?
This section contains 786 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)