|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What position does Miss Girard hold for the nurses?
(a) Mail officer.
(b) Nurses assistant.
(c) Laundry officer.
(d) Head nurse.
2. Which of the following is not something the sailors do as they prepare for their liberty?
(a) Shine their shoes.
(c) Comb their hair.
(d) Write a letter to their mother.
3. How does Roberts respond when the messenger tells him the Captain would like to see him?
(a) Roberts says nothing and walks away.
(b) Roberts says he will be there in 30 minutes.
(c) Roberts says he is too busy doing his job.
(d) Roberts goes running.
4. How does the Captain punish Roberts when he becomes angry at Roberts for disobeying him?
(a) He cannot go to the island any more.
(b) He has to swab the entire deck.
(c) He is placed in solitary confinement.
(d) He is confined to his quarters.
5. Why can't Pulver have lunch with the Captain?
(a) He has to go to the hospital on the island.
(b) He is on watch for the afternoon.
(c) He has to finish his chores.
(d) The Captain has ordered him to his barracks.
Short Answer Questions
1. About what does Miss Girard say the nurses have been talking?
2. What order does the Captain give Roberts regarding his letter writing?
3. At the beginning of the play, with which shipmate is Roberts talking?
4. What order does the captain shout to the men about their shirts?
5. How much money is bet by the sailors that Miss Girard is the nurse with the birthmark on her bottom?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Captain ask Roberts to do at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 2?
2. What is Pulver's excuse for not having lunch with the Captain?
3. What is Roberts' opinion of Pulver in Act 1, Scene 2?
4. In Act 1, Scene 1, what does Doc learn about Roberts and his transfer requests?
5. What reason is provided for why Roberts has let the Captain speak to him the way he has, and who defends Roberts?
6. What information does the Military Police share about the dance that was crashed by the sailors?
7. What does the Captain do when he first realizes what has happened to his palm tree?
8. Where is "Mister Roberts" set, and whose story does it tell?
9. About what does Dowdy complain to Pulver, and how does Pulver respond in the beginning of Act 2, Scene 6?
10. How does Roberts seem to feel about the cargo ship and being on it?
This section contains 849 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)