|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Roberts respond when the messenger tells him the Captain would like to see him?
(a) Roberts says he will be there in 30 minutes.
(b) Roberts goes running.
(c) Roberts says nothing and walks away.
(d) Roberts says he is too busy doing his job.
2. About what does Miss Girard say the nurses have been talking?
(a) Putting up curtains.
(b) How much they love cocktails.
(c) Coming out to visit the ship.
(d) How handsome Pulver is.
3. For what is Pulver looking in Roberts' locker?
(a) A knife.
(b) A shoebox.
(d) A letter.
4. In what geographical location are the sailors having their liberty?
(a) The North Atlantic.
(b) The Caribbean.
5. After finishing his notice about liberty being canceled, at what does the Captain glance?
(a) A mirror.
(b) A picture of himself.
(c) His watch.
(d) His trophy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Pulver, Doc, and Roberts making with Coca Cola, medication, alcohol, and iodine?
2. During which war is this play set?
3. What sort of punishment does the Captain says Roberts deserves as they argue about liberty for the men?
4. Why does the Captain not want Roberts to leave his ship?
5. What position does Miss Girard hold for the nurses?
Short Essay Questions
1. What kind of excitement and trouble do the spyglasses cause in the beginning of the play?
2. What is the mood of the sailors as they get ready for liberty?
3. In Act 2, Scene 4, the Captain accuses Roberts of what?
4. For what is Pulver looking in Roberts' things and why?
5. What news about transfers does Dolan share with the crew?
6. How does Roberts seem to feel about the cargo ship and being on it?
7. In Act 2, Scene 2, what has happened because of the men's behavior while on liberty?
8. What does Dolan try to pressure Roberts to do, and how does Roberts react?
9. How do Doc and Pulver feel about Roberts' change in attitude?
10. What excuse does the Captain give Roberts for canceling liberty?
This section contains 738 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)