|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has given Miss Girard the nickname "Red Label?"
(b) One of the other nurses.
(c) Her sister.
(d) Her mother.
2. What does Dolan say about Roberts' letter?
(a) It has tons of spelling errors.
(b) It is the best transfer Roberts' has ever written.
(c) The letter is written in excellent handwriting.
(d) It is not a very good letter.
3. Because it is so hot, what happens while the sailors are unloading cargo?
(a) Some of the food goes bad.
(b) A sailor passes out.
(c) Some of the sailors jump into the sea for a swim.
(d) A sailor has an asthma attack.
4. What order does the captain shout to the men about their shirts?
(a) No shirt should have long sleeves.
(b) All shirts should have pockets.
(c) Shirts are to be worn on deck.
(d) Only black shirts should be worn.
5. What does Pulver say he is going to put under the Captain's bed?
(a) A dead fish.
(b) A thank you card.
(c) A letter from Roberts.
(d) A firecracker.
Short Answer Questions
1. Miss Girard wants whom to join her and Pulver for a drink?
2. How long does the officer picking up supplies say it has been since his ship has had fresh fruit?
3. What paper is Roberts holding in his hand when he runs into the doctor early in Act 1, Scene 1?
4. During which war is this play set?
5. Which of the following does Roberts not say about Pulver?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the Captain reacting to the news of Roberts' transfer?
2. What does Roberts mention about Pulver's pranks in Act 1, Scene 2?
3. What does the reader learn about Roberts' transfer and travel plans at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 5?
4. How do the men find out about Roberts' agreement with the Captain, and how does their attitude change toward him?
5. What does the Captain say to Roberts about his transfer requests in Act 1, Scene 3?
6. How would you describe the Captain's character traits in Act 1, Scene 3?
7. What is Roberts' opinion of Pulver in Act 1, Scene 2?
8. How do Doc and Pulver feel about Roberts' change in attitude?
9. What is Pulver's interaction with the Captain like in Act 1, Scene 3?
10. In Act 2, Scene 2, what has happened because of the men's behavior while on liberty?
This section contains 796 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)