|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Doc think about the cargo ship?
(a) That it is pointless in comparison with other ships.
(b) That is performs a necessary job in the war.
(c) That is it like being on a cruise ship.
(d) That is smells like fish and sweat.
2. What does Roberts accuse the Captain of doing by not allowing them to go on liberty?
(a) Acting like a child.
(b) Being a dictator.
(c) Imprisoning the men.
(d) Abusing his power.
3. What position on the ship does Pulver hold?
(a) First Mate.
4. How much money is bet by the sailors that Miss Girard is the nurse with the birthmark on her bottom?
5. What lies about the ship does Pulver tell Miss Girard?
(a) That he is the captain of the ship.
(b) That the ship has been many battles.
(c) That he is the favorite sailor on the ship.
(d) That the ship is named the U.S.S. Lincoln.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does Roberts not say about Pulver?
2. What sort of punishment does the Captain says Roberts deserves as they argue about liberty for the men?
3. What does Pulver call the nurse with whom he is hoping to be?
4. What warning phrase do the sailors shout when spying on the women showering?
5. What happens to the Captain every time he gets angry at Roberts?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Roberts and the men respond to the news that the war is over in Europe?
2. What affect does Roberts feel liberty has had on the men?
3. What does the reader learn about Roberts' transfer and travel plans at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 5?
4. What is Pulver's excuse for not having lunch with the Captain?
5. How is the Captain reacting to the news of Roberts' transfer?
6. What does Roberts have to do to get the Captain to give the men their liberty?
7. How would you describe the Captain's character traits in Act 1, Scene 3?
8. Pulver and Miss Girard are talking about what as they try to head to Pulver's cabin?
9. What message does the Captain deliver over the loudspeaker in Act 1, Scene 5?
10. About what does Dowdy complain to Pulver, and how does Pulver respond in the beginning of Act 2, Scene 6?
This section contains 838 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)