|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Captain reference when talking about his success with Roberts?
(a) The Palm Tree.
(b) The ship.
(c) The Commodore.
(d) His Medals of Honor.
2. What does Roberts accuse the Captain of doing by not allowing them to go on liberty?
(a) Abusing his power.
(b) Being a dictator.
(c) Acting like a child.
(d) Imprisoning the men.
3. How long has it been since the sailors have had a vacation?
(a) 18 months.
(b) One year.
(c) Two years.
(d) Six months.
4. About what does Miss Girard say the nurses have been talking?
(a) Putting up curtains.
(b) Coming out to visit the ship.
(c) How much they love cocktails.
(d) How handsome Pulver is.
5. How long does the officer picking up supplies say it has been since his ship has had fresh fruit?
(a) One year.
(b) Five months.
(c) Two months.
(d) Four months.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Miss Girard ask Pulver to call a boat?
2. What do Roberts and the Captain hear coming from the port while they are arguing about liberty?
3. What does the Captain say Roberts' letters will do for his reputation?
4. How are the Captain's actions best described in Act 1, Scene 6?
5. Who says that Roberts' is stupid for "chasing death?"
Short Essay Questions
1. To what realization do Doc and Roberts come regarding Roberts and the crew in Act 2, Scene 3?
2. What does Roberts mention about Pulver's pranks in Act 1, Scene 2?
3. What does Roberts have to do to get the Captain to give the men their liberty?
4. What does the crew present to Roberts right before he leaves?
5. About what does Dowdy complain to Pulver, and how does Pulver respond in the beginning of Act 2, Scene 6?
6. What does Dolan try to pressure Roberts to do, and how does Roberts react?
7. What does the reader learn about Pulver in Act 1, Scene 4?
8. What excuse does the Captain give Roberts for canceling liberty?
9. How is the Captain reacting to the news of Roberts' transfer?
10. What news about Roberts' transfer does Doc share with Roberts in Act 2, Scene 5?
This section contains 768 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)