|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What order does the captain shout to the men about their shirts?
(a) Shirts are to be worn on deck.
(b) All shirts should have pockets.
(c) No shirt should have long sleeves.
(d) Only black shirts should be worn.
2. After finishing his notice about liberty being canceled, at what does the Captain glance?
(a) A mirror.
(b) His watch.
(c) His trophy.
(d) A picture of himself.
3. In what geographical location are the sailors having their liberty?
(c) The Caribbean.
(d) The North Atlantic.
4. What do the sailors do when they hear that their liberty is not canceled after all?
(a) They boo the Captain.
(b) They give three cheers.
(c) They sing.
(d) They shout angrily.
5. Who has given Miss Girard the nickname "Red Label?"
(a) Her mother.
(b) One of the other nurses.
(c) Her sister.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what does Roberts ask the Port Director?
2. How does Roberts respond when the messenger tells him the Captain would like to see him?
3. What job does Pulver truly hold on the cargo ship?
4. Why is the Captain so angry with Roberts when he comes out on deck during the supply transfer?
5. How are the Captain's actions best described in Act 1, Scene 6?
Short Essay Questions
1. What causes Miss Girard to look through one of the spyglasses while she is on the ship?
2. What does Roberts mention about Pulver's pranks in Act 1, Scene 2?
3. About what does Dowdy complain to Pulver, and how does Pulver respond in the beginning of Act 2, Scene 6?
4. How would you describe the Captain's character traits in Act 1, Scene 3?
5. What does Roberts have to do to get the Captain to give the men their liberty?
6. In Act 2, Scene 2, what has happened because of the men's behavior while on liberty?
7. What does Doc think about the cargo ship and the desire to fight about which Roberts is speaking?
8. In Act 2, Scene 4, the Captain accuses Roberts of what?
9. What does the crew present to Roberts right before he leaves?
10. What is the response when the crew hears the Captain is still asleep and has not issued the orders for liberty to start?
This section contains 851 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)