|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why has the Captain not issued the orders for the men to go ashore even though they are ready for their liberty?
(a) He is eating lunch.
(b) He is punishing them.
(c) He is waiting to receive his commands.
(d) He is sleeping.
2. Why do the sailors want to go to an island near their ship?
(a) To be placed on a new ship.
(b) For liberty.
(c) For more supplies.
(d) They are sea sick.
3. What request does the Captain ask of Roberts regarding their conversation about the men's liberty?
(a) Keep it secret.
(b) Write a letter about it to the Commander.
(c) Tell the men about it when they return from liberty.
(d) Make sure it is recorded as proof of Roberts dissension.
4. What gift does Roberts take to the Port Director?
(a) A new spyglass.
(b) New trousers.
(c) Chocolate chip cookies.
(d) Scotch whisky.
5. What does Dolan say about Roberts' letter?
(a) It is not a very good letter.
(b) The letter is written in excellent handwriting.
(c) It has tons of spelling errors.
(d) It is the best transfer Roberts' has ever written.
Short Answer Questions
1. What position does Miss Girard hold for the nurses?
2. Who reveals to Roberts that the Captain has received his transfer request letter?
3. What does Pulver call the nurse with whom he is hoping to be?
4. For what is Pulver looking in Roberts' locker?
5. What do Roberts and the Captain hear coming from the port while they are arguing about liberty?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Roberts mention about Pulver's pranks in Act 1, Scene 2?
2. What excuse does the Captain give Roberts for canceling liberty?
3. What news about transfers does Dolan share with the crew?
4. What are some of the lies that Pulver tells Nurse Girard?
5. What is Roberts' opinion of Pulver in Act 1, Scene 2?
6. Pulver and Miss Girard are talking about what as they try to head to Pulver's cabin?
7. What does the Captain do when he first realizes what has happened to his palm tree?
8. What is Dolan doing with the goat on the cargo ship?
9. How does the Captain speak about Roberts in front of the men in Act 2, Scene 2?
10. What message does the Captain deliver over the loudspeaker in Act 1, Scene 5?
This section contains 774 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)