|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first question Roberts' asks Pulver when he gets back to their room?
(a) Why it is so hot in the room.
(b) Where the Captain is.
(c) What Pulver is doing in his locker.
(d) Whether Dolan has brought his letter.
2. What order does the captain shout to the men about their shirts?
(a) Only black shirts should be worn.
(b) No shirt should have long sleeves.
(c) Shirts are to be worn on deck.
(d) All shirts should have pockets.
3. What type of men does the Captain say he resents?
(a) College-educated men.
(b) Indecisive men.
(c) Mama's boys.
(d) Hero worshipping men.
4. What do the sailors do when they hear that their liberty is not canceled after all?
(a) They give three cheers.
(b) They boo the Captain.
(c) They sing.
(d) They shout angrily.
5. What happens to the Captain every time he gets angry at Roberts?
(a) He is left speechless.
(b) He gets nauseated.
(c) He cries.
(d) He hits things.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has given Miss Girard the nickname "Red Label?"
2. What sort of punishment does the Captain says Roberts deserves as they argue about liberty for the men?
3. What reasons does the Captain give for canceling liberty for the men?
4. Why do the sailors want to go to an island near their ship?
5. Why does the Captain not want Roberts to leave his ship?
Short Essay Questions
1. What information does Furnell's letter share?
2. What kind of excitement and trouble do the spyglasses cause in the beginning of the play?
3. What excuse does the Captain give Roberts for canceling liberty?
4. What does Roberts have to do to get the Captain to give the men their liberty?
5. What are some of the lies that Pulver tells Nurse Girard?
6. What affect does Roberts feel liberty has had on the men?
7. What does the reader learn about Pulver in Act 1, Scene 4?
8. What leads to so many injured sailors at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 1?
9. What does the Captain ask Roberts to do at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 2?
10. Into what other trouble, besides the dance, have the sailors gotten themselves while on liberty?
This section contains 827 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)