|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the Captain, whose idea is liberty since it is not his?
(a) The Sergeant.
(b) The General.
2. Over what does the crew argue when the Captain has left the deck?
(a) Who gets to take the next application for transfer to the Captain.
(b) Whether or not Roberts should have listened to the Captain's orders.
(c) Who gets to sit next to Roberts in the mess hall.
(d) Whether or not they should finish their job for the day.
3. Which of the following best describes the Captain's actions in Act 1, Scene3?
4. Why does Miss Girard ask Pulver to call a boat?
(a) She finds Pulver boring.
(b) She needs to get back to the hospital.
(c) She dislikes how rowdy the sailors are.
(d) She has begun to feel sea sick.
5. What do Roberts and the Captain hear coming from the port while they are arguing about liberty?
(a) The men crying.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Captain call Roberts after they settle their argument about the men's liberty?
2. What position does Roberts tell Miss Girard he holds on the ship?
3. What lies about the ship does Pulver tell Miss Girard?
4. Who says that Roberts' is stupid for "chasing death?"
5. For what does Roberts ask the Port Director?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the Captain reacting to the news of Roberts' transfer?
2. How do Roberts' and Doc's feelings differ regarding Roberts' making another attempt at a transfer request.
3. What affect does Roberts feel liberty has had on the men?
4. What excuse does the Captain give Roberts for canceling liberty?
5. What does the reader learn about Pulver in Act 1, Scene 4?
6. Into what other trouble, besides the dance, have the sailors gotten themselves while on liberty?
7. What does the Captain do when he first realizes what has happened to his palm tree?
8. What causes Miss Girard to look through one of the spyglasses while she is on the ship?
9. Pulver and Miss Girard are talking about what as they try to head to Pulver's cabin?
10. What reasons does Roberts give for putting Dolan on report?
This section contains 796 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)