|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Miss Girard ask Pulver to call a boat?
(a) She dislikes how rowdy the sailors are.
(b) She needs to get back to the hospital.
(c) She has begun to feel sea sick.
(d) She finds Pulver boring.
2. What does the Captain call Roberts after they settle their argument about the men's liberty?
(b) College fella.
(d) Number one.
3. What drink do Miss Girard and Roberts joke is their favorite?
(a) Peach Schnapps.
(d) Medical alcohol and orange juice.
4. What is the first question Roberts' asks Pulver when he gets back to their room?
(a) What Pulver is doing in his locker.
(b) Whether Dolan has brought his letter.
(c) Where the Captain is.
(d) Why it is so hot in the room.
5. How does Roberts respond when the messenger tells him the Captain would like to see him?
(a) Roberts goes running.
(b) Roberts says he is too busy doing his job.
(c) Roberts says he will be there in 30 minutes.
(d) Roberts says nothing and walks away.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the Captain so angry with Roberts when he comes out on deck during the supply transfer?
2. Who is the only sailor on the ship who has been to the port where they men are going to have their liberty?
3. Who lies about seeing women in the spyglass?
4. How much money is bet by the sailors that Miss Girard is the nurse with the birthmark on her bottom?
5. How long has it been since the sailors have had a vacation?
Short Essay Questions
1. What reason is provided for why Roberts has let the Captain speak to him the way he has, and who defends Roberts?
2. What happens when Pulver goes to test his firecracker?
3. What does Dolan try to pressure Roberts to do, and how does Roberts react?
4. How do Doc and Roberts help Pulver out in Act 1, Scene 2?
5. What happens in Act 2, Scene 4, when the Captain gets angry?
6. What kind of excitement and trouble do the spyglasses cause in the beginning of the play?
7. What is Pulver's interaction with the Captain like in Act 1, Scene 3?
8. What leads to so many injured sailors at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 1?
9. What is the response when the crew hears the Captain is still asleep and has not issued the orders for liberty to start?
10. How does the Captain react when he sees the men with their shirts off while on deck?
This section contains 795 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)