|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the only sailor that appears calm in preparation for the liberty?
2. How does the Captain punish Roberts when he becomes angry at Roberts for disobeying him?
(a) He cannot go to the island any more.
(b) He has to swab the entire deck.
(c) He is confined to his quarters.
(d) He is placed in solitary confinement.
3. In what geographical location are the sailors having their liberty?
(b) The Caribbean.
(d) The North Atlantic.
4. Because it is so hot, what happens while the sailors are unloading cargo?
(a) Some of the sailors jump into the sea for a swim.
(b) A sailor passes out.
(c) Some of the food goes bad.
(d) A sailor has an asthma attack.
5. At the beginning of the play, with which shipmate is Roberts talking?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Miss Girard ask Pulver to call a boat?
2. What do the sailors do when they hear that their liberty is not canceled after all?
3. About what does Miss Girard say the nurses have been talking?
4. What drink do Miss Girard and Roberts joke is their favorite?
5. What warning phrase do the sailors shout when spying on the women showering?
Short Essay Questions
1. What affect does Roberts feel liberty has had on the men?
2. What is Dolan doing with the goat on the cargo ship?
3. About what does Dowdy complain to Pulver, and how does Pulver respond in the beginning of Act 2, Scene 6?
4. What information does Roberts' letter share?
5. What does the Captain do when he first realizes what has happened to his palm tree?
6. In Act 2, Scene 4, the Captain accuses Roberts of what?
7. Dowdy and Roberts discuss what regarding the nearby island in the first scene of the play?
8. What does Doc think about the cargo ship and the desire to fight about which Roberts is speaking?
9. What is the response when the crew hears the Captain is still asleep and has not issued the orders for liberty to start?
10. What causes Miss Girard to look through one of the spyglasses while she is on the ship?
This section contains 818 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)