|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why has the Captain not issued the orders for the men to go ashore even though they are ready for their liberty?
(a) He is punishing them.
(b) He is eating lunch.
(c) He is sleeping.
(d) He is waiting to receive his commands.
2. After finishing his notice about liberty being canceled, at what does the Captain glance?
(a) A picture of himself.
(b) His watch.
(c) A mirror.
(d) His trophy.
3. When Miss Girard talks about her nickname, how does Pulver respond?
(a) He tells her he does not know about what she is talking.
(b) He gets very embarrassed.
(c) He tells her she is being inappropriate.
(d) He tells her a story about his nickname.
4. What does Pulver call the nurse with whom he is hoping to be?
(a) Beautiful canary.
(b) Honey buns.
(c) Dumb little blonde.
(d) Little lemon.
5. Who has given Miss Girard the nickname "Red Label?"
(a) One of the other nurses.
(b) Her mother.
(d) Her sister.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what does Roberts ask the Port Director?
2. About what does Miss Girard say the nurses have been talking?
3. What does Doc think about the cargo ship?
4. Who reveals to Roberts that the Captain has received his transfer request letter?
5. What does Roberts pick up at the end of Act 1, Scene 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Act 2, Scene 2, what has happened because of the men's behavior while on liberty?
2. What does Doc think about the cargo ship and the desire to fight about which Roberts is speaking?
3. How does Miss Girard react when she learns that the men can see the nurses through their spyglass?
4. How would you describe the Captain's character traits in Act 1, Scene 3?
5. What is Pulver's interaction with the Captain like in Act 1, Scene 3?
6. To what realization do Doc and Roberts come regarding Roberts and the crew in Act 2, Scene 3?
7. How does the crew seem to feel about Roberts at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 3?
8. What happens when Pulver goes to test his firecracker?
9. What kind of excitement and trouble do the spyglasses cause in the beginning of the play?
10. What is Dolan doing with the goat on the cargo ship?
This section contains 791 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)