|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Captain call Roberts after they settle their argument about the men's liberty?
(b) College fella.
(c) Number one.
2. In which branch of the military is Roberts enlisted?
(a) Coast Guard.
(c) Air Force.
3. Who has given Miss Girard the nickname "Red Label?"
(a) Her mother.
(c) One of the other nurses.
(d) Her sister.
4. What type of study does Roberts quit before becoming a sailor?
(a) Law school.
(b) Medical school.
(c) Veterinary school.
(d) Graduate school.
5. Besides the nearby island, on what does Dowdy comment when he first joins Roberts?
(a) The captain.
(b) The breakfast they have had that morning.
(c) The heat.
(d) His aching back.
Short Answer Questions
1. How are the Captain's actions best described in Act 1, Scene 6?
2. What does Roberts tell Doc he spots while on watch the previous night?
3. How does the Captain punish Roberts when he becomes angry at Roberts for disobeying him?
4. What does Roberts accuse the Captain of doing by not allowing them to go on liberty?
5. After finishing his notice about liberty being canceled, at what does the Captain glance?
Short Essay Questions
1. What news about transfers does Dolan share with the crew?
2. In Act 2, Scene 2, what has happened because of the men's behavior while on liberty?
3. What kind of excitement and trouble do the spyglasses cause in the beginning of the play?
4. What does the Captain say to Roberts about his transfer requests in Act 1, Scene 3?
5. How do Doc and Pulver feel about Roberts' change in attitude?
6. What are the Captain's orders about fruit, and why does Roberts break these orders?
7. What happens in Act 2, Scene 4, when the Captain gets angry?
8. Into what other trouble, besides the dance, have the sailors gotten themselves while on liberty?
9. What information does Roberts' letter share?
10. To what realization do Doc and Roberts come regarding Roberts and the crew in Act 2, Scene 3?
This section contains 754 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)