|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Miss Girard wants whom to join her and Pulver for a drink?
(d) The Captain.
2. What position does Miss Girard hold for the nurses?
(a) Nurses assistant.
(b) Mail officer.
(c) Laundry officer.
(d) Head nurse.
3. What does Pulver say he is going to put under the Captain's bed?
(a) A firecracker.
(b) A dead fish.
(c) A letter from Roberts.
(d) A thank you card.
4. How much money is bet by the sailors that Miss Girard is the nurse with the birthmark on her bottom?
5. According to the Captain, whose idea is liberty since it is not his?
(a) The General.
(b) The Sergeant.
Short Answer Questions
1. Besides the nearby island, on what does Dowdy comment when he first joins Roberts?
2. Which of the following does Roberts not say about Pulver?
3. Because it is so hot, what happens while the sailors are unloading cargo?
4. Why does the Captain tell Roberts not to release any of the fresh fruit while they are unloading cargo?
5. What does Dowdy request from Roberts as they unload the cargo?
Short Essay Questions
1. Into what other trouble, besides the dance, have the sailors gotten themselves while on liberty?
2. What leads to so many injured sailors at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 1?
3. What does Roberts mention about Pulver's pranks in Act 1, Scene 2?
4. How would you describe the Captain's character traits in Act 1, Scene 3?
5. What information does Furnell's letter share?
6. What is Pulver's interaction with the Captain like in Act 1, Scene 3?
7. What news about transfers does Dolan share with the crew?
8. To what realization do Doc and Roberts come regarding Roberts and the crew in Act 2, Scene 3?
9. How do Doc and Pulver feel about Roberts' change in attitude?
10. In Act 2, Scene 2, what has happened because of the men's behavior while on liberty?
This section contains 786 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)