|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who reveals to Roberts that the Captain has received his transfer request letter?
(b) The Messenger.
2. What does Pulver call the nurse with whom he is hoping to be?
(a) Honey buns.
(b) Dumb little blonde.
(c) Little lemon.
(d) Beautiful canary.
3. What is the first question Roberts' asks Pulver when he gets back to their room?
(a) Where the Captain is.
(b) Whether Dolan has brought his letter.
(c) What Pulver is doing in his locker.
(d) Why it is so hot in the room.
4. When Miss Girard talks about her nickname, how does Pulver respond?
(a) He tells her a story about his nickname.
(b) He tells her she is being inappropriate.
(c) He tells her he does not know about what she is talking.
(d) He gets very embarrassed.
5. What is Dolan asked to do for Roberts?
(a) Iron his uniform.
(b) Cover his chores.
(c) Type a letter.
(d) Leave him alone.
Short Answer Questions
1. What item is a trophy of excellence for the Captain?
2. According to the Captain, what "pre-voked" him about the men getting liberty?
3. What position on the ship does Pulver hold?
4. Who is the only sailor that appears calm in preparation for the liberty?
5. According to the Captain, Pulver is the only officer who does what to the Captain?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the Captain reacting to the news of Roberts' transfer?
2. What information does the Military Police share about the dance that was crashed by the sailors?
3. What reasons does Roberts give for putting Dolan on report?
4. What is Dolan doing with the goat on the cargo ship?
5. Where is "Mister Roberts" set, and whose story does it tell?
6. What message does the Captain deliver over the loudspeaker in Act 1, Scene 5?
7. What does the Captain say to Roberts about his transfer requests in Act 1, Scene 3?
8. What happens when Pulver goes to test his firecracker?
9. What does the reader learn about Roberts' transfer and travel plans at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 5?
10. What are the Captain's orders about fruit, and why does Roberts break these orders?
This section contains 753 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)