|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About what does Miss Girard say the nurses have been talking?
(a) How handsome Pulver is.
(b) How much they love cocktails.
(c) Putting up curtains.
(d) Coming out to visit the ship.
2. What do the sailors notice is being built on a nearby island?
(a) An airport.
(b) A hotel.
3. Why can't Pulver have lunch with the Captain?
(a) He is on watch for the afternoon.
(b) He has to finish his chores.
(c) The Captain has ordered him to his barracks.
(d) He has to go to the hospital on the island.
4. Why is the Captain so angry with Roberts when he comes out on deck during the supply transfer?
(a) Because Roberts disobeyed his orders about the fruit.
(b) All answers are correct
(c) Because he has just received Roberts' letter.
(d) Because the men do not have their shirts on.
5. How long has it been since the sailors have had a vacation?
(a) Six months.
(b) 18 months.
(c) Two years.
(d) One year.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Roberts pick up at the end of Act 1, Scene 4?
2. What job does Pulver truly hold on the cargo ship?
3. How are the Captain's actions best described in Act 1, Scene 6?
4. Who has given Miss Girard the nickname "Red Label?"
5. When will Roberts finally respect Pulver?
Short Essay Questions
1. About what does Dowdy complain to Pulver, and how does Pulver respond in the beginning of Act 2, Scene 6?
2. To what realization do Doc and Roberts come regarding Roberts and the crew in Act 2, Scene 3?
3. What is Dolan doing with the goat on the cargo ship?
4. What does the crew present to Roberts right before he leaves?
5. What is Roberts' opinion of Pulver in Act 1, Scene 2?
6. What are the Captain's orders about fruit, and why does Roberts break these orders?
7. What affect does Roberts feel liberty has had on the men?
8. How would you describe the Captain's character traits in Act 1, Scene 3?
9. What news about transfers does Dolan share with the crew?
10. What reasons does Roberts give for putting Dolan on report?
This section contains 752 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)