|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Captain say Roberts' letters will do for his reputation?
(a) Help his reputation as a merciful Captain.
(b) Make his ship sound like the boring ship.
(c) Give him a reputation for being a patient leader.
(d) Damage his reputation with the commanding officers.
2. Because it is so hot, what happens while the sailors are unloading cargo?
(a) A sailor passes out.
(b) Some of the sailors jump into the sea for a swim.
(c) Some of the food goes bad.
(d) A sailor has an asthma attack.
3. What lies about the ship does Pulver tell Miss Girard?
(a) That he is the captain of the ship.
(b) That he is the favorite sailor on the ship.
(c) That the ship has been many battles.
(d) That the ship is named the U.S.S. Lincoln.
4. How does Doc describe the desire to fight?
(a) It is a passion.
(b) It is a reflex.
(c) It is a life's calling.
(d) It is a stupid decision.
5. What position does Roberts tell Miss Girard he holds on the ship?
(b) Executive officer
(c) Laundry officer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Miss Girard wants whom to join her and Pulver for a drink?
2. What position does Roberts truly hold on the ship?
3. What happens to the Captain every time he gets angry at Roberts?
4. Who tells the sailors that it is time to start their daily work?
5. According to the Captain, whose idea is liberty since it is not his?
Short Essay Questions
1. What information does Furnell's letter share?
2. What does the reader learn about Roberts' transfer and travel plans at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 5?
3. What are some of the lies that Pulver tells Nurse Girard?
4. What is Roberts' opinion of Pulver in Act 1, Scene 2?
5. What happens in Act 2, Scene 4, when the Captain gets angry?
6. What news does Roberts share with the men at the end of Act 1, Scene 4?
7. What does the Captain say about college-educated men?
8. What reasons does Roberts give for putting Dolan on report?
9. What does Roberts have to do to get the Captain to give the men their liberty?
10. What news about transfers does Dolan share with the crew?
This section contains 770 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)