|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What drink do the men say they will have to celebrate that the war in Europe is over?
(a) Medical alcohol and orange juice.
(b) Rum and lemon.
(d) Whiskey and beer.
2. What is the Captain wearing as he goes to water his palm tree?
(a) A bathrobe.
(b) His uniform.
(c) A bathing suit.
(d) His civilian clothes.
3. To where is Roberts being transferred?
(a) The South Pacific.
(c) Puerto Rico.
4. Who is expected at the Office of the Island Commander the day following the fight?
(b) The Captain.
5. During the fight between the sailors and soldiers, what happens to the young women attending the dance?
(a) They break up the fight and everything returns to normal.
(b) They are not affected at all and keep dancing.
(c) They are injured or frightened away.
(d) They join in the fight themselves.
6. According to Dolan, why has Roberts allowed the Captain to speak to him the way he does in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Because he is trying to get on the Captain's good side.
(b) Because he is just tired from a late night shift.
(c) Because he is waiting for the perfect time to strike back.
(d) Because he does not realize the Captain is speaking to him.
7. What does Roberts tell Pulver as he exits the ship?
(a) That he still expects that prank from Pulver.
(b) That it is Pulver's time to shine.
(c) That he is counting on Pulver.
(d) That Pulver has disappointed him.
8. Which royal family makes an appearance to celebrate the end of the war in Europe?
(a) The English Royal Family.
(b) The Swedish Royal Family.
(c) The Spanish Royal Family.
(d) The Dutch Royal Family.
9. What song plays at the end of the radio announcer's speech about the end of the war in Europe?
(a) The Stars and Stripes Forever.
(b) The Start Spangled Banner.
(c) This Land is Your Land.
(d) My Country Tis of Thee.
10. Who comes to the ship looking for the goat brought onto the ship by Dolan?
(a) The Patrolman.
(b) The Military police.
(c) The Colonel.
11. How much time has passed between Act 2, Scene 2 and Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) Three months.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) Four days.
(d) One year.
12. What does Dolan think will happen to the Captain if Roberts gets transferred?
(a) The Captain will get sick.
(b) The Captain will be ruined completely.
(c) The Captain will be sad but get will over it.
(d) The Captain will be thrilled to see Roberts go.
13. What has Dolan already done for Roberts after receiving the communication requesting men to transfer to combat?
(a) He has already sent in the transfer request.
(b) He has already typed up the transfer request.
(c) He has already talked to the Captain for Roberts.
(d) He has already talked to the Admiral for Roberts.
14. When speaking with Roberts on deck, on what does the Captain insist?
(a) That a storm is coming.
(b) That Roberts is the worst sailor he has ever seen.
(c) That he be addressed formally by Roberts.
(d) That all the men acted responsibly on their liberty.
15. What do the sailors yell when they see Roberts coming on deck?
(a) Watch out.
(b) Flash Red.
(c) Red alert.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which sailor takes Roberts' packed suitcase to the waiting boat?
2. Which sailor does the Captain say does not have the guts to destroy the palm tree?
3. At the end of Act 2, Scene 2, how does the crew feel about Roberts' attitude?
4. How many groups of injured soldiers have been returned to the cargo ship?
5. Who is in the stateroom with Roberts as he is packing to leave the cargo ship?
This section contains 620 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)