|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Pulver's prank has failed, how does he feel?
(a) He feels inspired to try again.
(b) He feels angry that the prank does not work.
(c) He feels thankful that he does not have to go through with it.
(d) He feels like he let Roberts down.
2. What facts do the sailors hear the Captain say to Roberts over the loudspeaker?
(a) They hear that the Captain say he will resign.
(b) They hear the Captain say Roberts will be court marshalled.
(c) That he and Roberts had made a deal so the men could have liberty.
(d) They hear the Captain say the palm tree is his only friend.
3. Who tells Roberts that he is as drunk as a goat?
4. Which returning sailor does Roberts ask how their liberty was?
5. Who is going to go with Roberts to the island so that they can have their liberty?
(c) The Captain.
6. What does Roberts say in response to receiving this medal from the men?
(a) That he is glad to go.
(b) That they are a thoughtful bunch.
(c) That they are the best bunch of sailors ever.
(d) That he does not deserve it.
7. What loud noise is heard in the back of the ship that causes the Captain to come out to see what is happening?
(a) A bell ringing.
(b) A siren.
(c) A loud scream.
(d) An explosion.
8. When speaking with Roberts on deck, on what does the Captain insist?
(a) That a storm is coming.
(b) That Roberts is the worst sailor he has ever seen.
(c) That he be addressed formally by Roberts.
(d) That all the men acted responsibly on their liberty.
9. What does the inscription on the medal say?
(a) For showing them who is boss.
(b) For being the best.
(c) For bravery in the face of danger.
(d) For action against the enemy.
10. At the end of Act 2, Scene 2, how does the crew feel about Roberts' attitude?
(a) They feel it has changed in a bad way.
(b) They agree one hundred percent with his attitude.
(c) They feel excited about his attitude.
(d) They feel inspired by his attitude.
11. The Patrol Officer state some sailors have broken into a house on the island. To whom does this house belong?
(a) The Commander.
(b) An ambassador.
(c) The wealthiest man on the island.
(d) A high ranking general.
12. From where has the ship been ordered out of dock?
(b) The Cape of Good Home.
(d) Port Charles.
13. At the beginning of Act 2, Scene 3, where does the reader learn Roberts has been spending all his time?
(a) The sick bay.
(b) The eagles nest.
(c) The radio shack.
(d) His bedroom.
14. Which one of the announcements comes over the loud speaker at the start of Act 2, Scene 5?
(a) An announcement that the war is Europe has started again.
(b) An announcement that the new engineer has arrived.
(c) An order for Dolan to report to the radion shack.
(d) An order for Roberts to report to the sick bay.
15. What is the Captain wearing as he goes to water his palm tree?
(a) A bathrobe.
(b) His uniform.
(c) His civilian clothes.
(d) A bathing suit.
Short Answer Questions
1. What item of the Captain's is the goat told to eat?
2. What record does Pulver say he has broken?
3. According to Dolan, why has Roberts allowed the Captain to speak to him the way he does in Act 2, Scene 2?
4. On what piece of equipment is an unconscious sailor found?
5. What song plays at the end of the radio announcer's speech about the end of the war in Europe?
This section contains 680 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)