|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Doc asks Roberts if he has done what with the Captain?
(a) Made a plot to make the crew miserable.
(b) Crossed over to the Captain's side of things.
(c) Made some sort of agreement with him.
(d) Gotten in an argument with him.
2. On what piece of equipment is an unconscious sailor found?
(a) The wheel.
(b) The watchtower.
(c) The anchor.
(d) A cargo net.
3. What does the Captain say when Roberts goes to stand with the men?
(a) The Captain says all the men are worthless.
(b) The Captain asks Roberts to leave his sight.
(c) The Captain tells Roberts to move faster into line.
(d) The Captain tells Roberts to stand with him.
4. What does Roberts tell Pulver as he exits the ship?
(a) That he is counting on Pulver.
(b) That it is Pulver's time to shine.
(c) That Pulver has disappointed him.
(d) That he still expects that prank from Pulver.
5. Why does the Captain tell the crew of the cargo ship they have to work doubly hard?
(a) Because they have a reputation to uphold.
(b) To become known as the best ship in the fleet.
(c) Because the Colonel is coming on board.
(d) To erase their bad behavior during liberty.
6. What does Roberts suggest Pulver get so that he can speak with Doc alone?
(a) The news on the war front.
(b) A biscut and tea.
(c) A cup of coffee.
(d) A pen and paper.
7. Who comes to the ship looking for the goat brought onto the ship by Dolan?
(a) The Patrolman.
(b) The Military police.
(c) The Colonel.
8. According to the Military Policeman, how many soldiers are in the hospital?
9. According to the Shore Patrolman, how is the Colonel viewed on the island?
(a) People love the Colonel.
(d) People do not even know who he is.
10. What has Dolan already done for Roberts after receiving the communication requesting men to transfer to combat?
(a) He has already talked to the Captain for Roberts.
(b) He has already sent in the transfer request.
(c) He has already talked to the Admiral for Roberts.
(d) He has already typed up the transfer request.
11. After Pulver's prank has failed, how does he feel?
(a) He feels angry that the prank does not work.
(b) He feels like he let Roberts down.
(c) He feels inspired to try again.
(d) He feels thankful that he does not have to go through with it.
12. How many groups of injured soldiers have been returned to the cargo ship?
13. What does Roberts do to the Captain's palm tree before throwing it overboard?
(a) Salutes it.
(b) Urinates on it.
(c) Rips all the branches off.
(d) Lights it on fire.
14. From what branch of the military is the Colonel who sponsors the dance?
(a) Coast Guard.
(b) Air Force.
15. What drink do the men say they will have to celebrate that the war in Europe is over?
(b) Whiskey and beer.
(c) Medical alcohol and orange juice.
(d) Rum and lemon.
Short Answer Questions
1. When speaking with Roberts on deck, on what does the Captain insist?
2. Who is in the stateroom with Roberts as he is packing to leave the cargo ship?
3. What image is on the homemade medal the crew presents to Roberts?
4. Which sailor comes into the room where Doc and Roberts are and turns on the radio so that they can hear the news that the war in Europe is over?
5. What facts do the sailors hear the Captain say to Roberts over the loudspeaker?
This section contains 659 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)