|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Captain wearing as he goes to water his palm tree?
(a) His civilian clothes.
(b) His uniform.
(c) A bathing suit.
(d) A bathrobe.
2. What item does Pulver create to leave under the Captain's bed?
(a) A stink bomb.
(b) A firecracker.
(c) A dead fish.
(d) A whoopie cusion.
3. From what unusual item does the crew pour alcohol when they drink a toast to Roberts?
(a) An oil can.
(b) A mop bucket.
(c) A shoe.
(d) A fire extinguisher.
4. How does Roberts feel about the men thinking that he wants a promotion?
(a) It makes him angry.
(b) It makes him proud.
(c) He does not care what they think.
(d) He is happy to hear what they think.
5. Why is the goat brought on board the ship by one of the sailors?
(a) To be dinner.
(b) To make Doc mad.
(c) To be a gift to the Captain.
(d) To be the ship's mascot.
6. What does Roberts do to the Captain's palm tree before throwing it overboard?
(a) Urinates on it.
(b) Salutes it.
(c) Lights it on fire.
(d) Rips all the branches off.
7. Who does the radio announcer commend for winning the war in Europe?
(a) Rosie the Riveter.
(b) The British Air Force.
(d) The fighting men.
8. Which sailor comes into the room where Doc and Roberts are and turns on the radio so that they can hear the news that the war in Europe is over?
(d) The Captain.
9. From where has the ship been ordered out of dock?
(a) Port Charles.
(b) The Cape of Good Home.
10. What might Roberts get if he does a good job keeping the crew in line?
(a) A transfer to a battleship.
(b) An extended leave.
(c) A promotion.
(d) An upgrade to a single cabin.
11. Who has already typed up the transfer letter for Roberts once the news comes out that men are needed to transfer to combat?
12. Who has submitted the transfer request that gets Roberts transferred off the cargo ship?
(b) The crew.
(c) The Captain.
13. Who comes to the ship looking for the goat brought onto the ship by Dolan?
(a) The Colonel.
(b) The Patrolman.
(d) The Military police.
14. When pressured to sign the transfer request, what does Roberts do?
(a) He asks for time to consider it.
(b) He complies.
(c) He refuses.
(d) He confesses he already has submitted one.
15. What does the Captain say when Roberts goes to stand with the men?
(a) The Captain tells Roberts to move faster into line.
(b) The Captain says all the men are worthless.
(c) The Captain asks Roberts to leave his sight.
(d) The Captain tells Roberts to stand with him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Pulver appears in front of the Doc and Roberts singed and covered in what?
2. Which sailor is getting Roberts' job after he leaves?
3. How many groups of injured soldiers have been returned to the cargo ship?
4. Who is going to go with Roberts to the island so that they can have their liberty?
5. After Pulver's prank has failed, how does he feel?
This section contains 536 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)