|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Dolan, with which military officer has the Captain recently gotten into an argument?
(a) The Commodore.
(b) The Admiral.
(c) The Lieutenant.
(d) The Sergeant.
2. What does the Captain do when he finds that his palm tree is gone?
(a) He rushes to talk with Roberts.
(b) He cries.
(c) He sounds the general alarm.
(d) He goes to tell the Admiral.
3. Which sailor does the Captain say does not have the guts to destroy the palm tree?
4. At the beginning of Act 2, Scene 3, where does the reader learn Roberts has been spending all his time?
(a) His bedroom.
(b) The sick bay.
(c) The radio shack.
(d) The eagles nest.
5. According to Dolan, the communication he receives asking men to apply for a transfer also asks them to have how many years experience?
(a) At least 6.
(b) No more than 1.
(c) Only 6 months.
(d) At least 2.
6. On what piece of equipment is an unconscious sailor found?
(a) A cargo net.
(b) The anchor.
(c) The watchtower.
(d) The wheel.
7. What does the Captain call the act of getting rid of his palm tree?
(a) A cowardly act of childishness.
(b) A mean thing to do.
(c) An unforgivable crime against him.
(d) An insult to the ship.
8. Which sailor is getting Roberts' job after he leaves?
9. About what does Doc think that Roberts is panicked?
(a) The possibility of not getting his promotion.
(b) The thought that the Captain may never get pranked.
(c) The idea that he is loosing friends on the ship.
(d) The possibility of not getting into combat.
10. Who has already typed up the transfer letter for Roberts once the news comes out that men are needed to transfer to combat?
11. According to the Patrol Officer, why do the sailors break into the house on the island.?
(a) They are so drunk that they cannot remember.
(b) That is where all the soldiers are hiding from them.
(c) They hate the person living in that house.
(d) Someone lies to them and says it is a brothel.
12. Who tells Roberts that he is as drunk as a goat?
13. Who does the radio announcer commend for winning the war in Europe?
(a) The fighting men.
(b) Rosie the Riveter.
(d) The British Air Force.
14. What does Roberts tell Pulver as he exits the ship?
(a) That it is Pulver's time to shine.
(b) That Pulver has disappointed him.
(c) That he still expects that prank from Pulver.
(d) That he is counting on Pulver.
15. Why is the goat brought on board the ship by one of the sailors?
(a) To be the ship's mascot.
(b) To make Doc mad.
(c) To be dinner.
(d) To be a gift to the Captain.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Roberts respond when the Doc accuses him of thinking that the crew owes him something?
2. What has Dolan already done for Roberts after receiving the communication requesting men to transfer to combat?
3. After Pulver's prank has failed, how does he feel?
4. How many groups of injured soldiers have been returned to the cargo ship?
5. What does Roberts suggest Pulver get so that he can speak with Doc alone?
This section contains 618 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)