|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the Patrol Officer, why do the sailors break into the house on the island.?
(a) They are so drunk that they cannot remember.
(b) That is where all the soldiers are hiding from them.
(c) Someone lies to them and says it is a brothel.
(d) They hate the person living in that house.
2. According to Dolan, the communication he receives asking men to apply for a transfer also asks them to have how many years experience?
(a) No more than 1.
(b) At least 2.
(c) At least 6.
(d) Only 6 months.
3. How much time has passed between Act 2, Scene 2 and Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) Three months.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) One year.
(d) Four days.
4. What does the radio commentary on the loud speaker suggest at the end of Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) More countries may soon be overrun.
(b) The war will be reaching England soon.
(c) The war in Europe is coming to an end.
(d) Pearl Harbor has been bombed.
5. The Patrol Officer state some sailors have broken into a house on the island. To whom does this house belong?
(a) A high ranking general.
(b) An ambassador.
(c) The wealthiest man on the island.
(d) The Commander.
6. Who is going to go with Roberts to the island so that they can have their liberty?
(a) The Captain.
7. Who comes to the ship looking for the goat brought onto the ship by Dolan?
(a) The Military police.
(c) The Colonel.
(d) The Patrolman.
8. From where has the ship been ordered out of dock?
(a) The Cape of Good Home.
(b) Port Charles.
9. Who has submitted the transfer request that gets Roberts transferred off the cargo ship?
(c) The crew.
(d) The Captain.
10. What does the Captain do when he finds that his palm tree is gone?
(a) He sounds the general alarm.
(b) He goes to tell the Admiral.
(c) He cries.
(d) He rushes to talk with Roberts.
11. What record does Pulver say he has broken?
(a) His record for sleeping with women.
(b) His record for shaking the most hands in one night.
(c) His continuous dancing record.
(d) His record for the most drinking in one hour.
12. How does Roberts feel about the men thinking that he wants a promotion?
(a) It makes him angry.
(b) He is happy to hear what they think.
(c) It makes him proud.
(d) He does not care what they think.
13. What does Roberts do to the Captain's palm tree before throwing it overboard?
(a) Lights it on fire.
(b) Salutes it.
(c) Urinates on it.
(d) Rips all the branches off.
14. Why does the Captain tell the crew of the cargo ship they have to work doubly hard?
(a) Because they have a reputation to uphold.
(b) To erase their bad behavior during liberty.
(c) Because the Colonel is coming on board.
(d) To become known as the best ship in the fleet.
15. The Captain has Roberts take a group of men to the back of the ship and have them do what?
(a) Peel dozens of potatoes.
(b) Work up a sweat.
(c) Drop the anchor.
(d) Walk the plank.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Roberts respond to the news that the war in Europe is over?
2. Which sailor comes into the room where Doc and Roberts are and turns on the radio so that they can hear the news that the war in Europe is over?
3. Which sailor does the Captain say does not have the guts to destroy the palm tree?
4. At the end of Act 2, Scene 2, how does the crew feel about Roberts' attitude?
5. What does the Captain say when Roberts goes to stand with the men?
This section contains 667 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)