|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what piece of equipment is an unconscious sailor found?
(a) The wheel.
(b) A cargo net.
(c) The anchor.
(d) The watchtower.
2. At the beginning of Act 2, Scene 3, where does the reader learn Roberts has been spending all his time?
(a) The sick bay.
(b) The eagles nest.
(c) His bedroom.
(d) The radio shack.
3. How does Roberts respond to the news that the war in Europe is over?
(a) He runs out of the room in tears.
(b) He is so happy that he jumps up and down
(c) He sadly says he will be out of the fight.
(d) He rejoices.
4. Doc and what other sailor do not believe that Roberts is deliberately looking for a promotion on the cargo ship?
(d) The Captain.
5. Who has already typed up the transfer letter for Roberts once the news comes out that men are needed to transfer to combat?
6. Pulver appears in front of the Doc and Roberts singed and covered in what?
(b) Yellow powder.
7. From what branch of the military is the Colonel who sponsors the dance?
(c) Air Force.
(d) Coast Guard.
8. What does Roberts say in response to receiving this medal from the men?
(a) That he is glad to go.
(b) That he does not deserve it.
(c) That they are a thoughtful bunch.
(d) That they are the best bunch of sailors ever.
9. Which of the following does the radio announcer recognize as a true enemy?
10. Who tells Roberts that he is as drunk as a goat?
11. What does the radio commentary on the loud speaker suggest at the end of Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) The war will be reaching England soon.
(b) Pearl Harbor has been bombed.
(c) More countries may soon be overrun.
(d) The war in Europe is coming to an end.
12. What does Roberts do to the Captain's palm tree before throwing it overboard?
(a) Salutes it.
(b) Urinates on it.
(c) Rips all the branches off.
(d) Lights it on fire.
13. What does the inscription on the medal say?
(a) For being the best.
(b) For showing them who is boss.
(c) For action against the enemy.
(d) For bravery in the face of danger.
14. At the dance, with how many soldiers do the sailors start a fight?
(a) Over 100.
(c) Over 300.
15. How does Roberts feel about the men thinking that he wants a promotion?
(a) He does not care what they think.
(b) It makes him proud.
(c) It makes him angry.
(d) He is happy to hear what they think.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is going to go with Roberts to the island so that they can have their liberty?
2. About what does Doc think that Roberts is panicked?
3. What does the Captain say the soldiers will do until he discovers who got rid of his palm tree?
4. What song plays at the end of the radio announcer's speech about the end of the war in Europe?
5. What drink do the men say they will have to celebrate that the war in Europe is over?
This section contains 581 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)