|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which returning sailor does Roberts ask how their liberty was?
2. What does Roberts suggest Pulver get so that he can speak with Doc alone?
(a) A pen and paper.
(b) A biscut and tea.
(c) A cup of coffee.
(d) The news on the war front.
3. What record does Pulver say he has broken?
(a) His record for sleeping with women.
(b) His record for shaking the most hands in one night.
(c) His record for the most drinking in one hour.
(d) His continuous dancing record.
4. What drink do the men say they will have to celebrate that the war in Europe is over?
(b) Medical alcohol and orange juice.
(c) Whiskey and beer.
(d) Rum and lemon.
5. Why does the Captain tell the crew of the cargo ship they have to work doubly hard?
(a) Because they have a reputation to uphold.
(b) Because the Colonel is coming on board.
(c) To become known as the best ship in the fleet.
(d) To erase their bad behavior during liberty.
6. What is the Captain wearing as he goes to water his palm tree?
(a) His uniform.
(b) His civilian clothes.
(c) A bathing suit.
(d) A bathrobe.
7. Which of the following does the radio announcer recognize as a true enemy?
8. When pressured to sign the transfer request, what does Roberts do?
(a) He asks for time to consider it.
(b) He refuses.
(c) He complies.
(d) He confesses he already has submitted one.
9. How does Roberts respond when the Doc accuses him of thinking that the crew owes him something?
(a) He says that is not how he feels.
(b) He says the Doc is right.
(c) He says nothing and walks away.
(d) He says they do owe him.
10. What does the radio commentary on the loud speaker suggest at the end of Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) The war in Europe is coming to an end.
(b) More countries may soon be overrun.
(c) Pearl Harbor has been bombed.
(d) The war will be reaching England soon.
11. What does the Captain call the act of getting rid of his palm tree?
(a) An unforgivable crime against him.
(b) A cowardly act of childishness.
(c) A mean thing to do.
(d) An insult to the ship.
12. Doc asks Roberts if he has done what with the Captain?
(a) Made some sort of agreement with him.
(b) Made a plot to make the crew miserable.
(c) Crossed over to the Captain's side of things.
(d) Gotten in an argument with him.
13. According to Dolan, what is the Captain's response to Roberts' transfer assignment?
(a) He is so angry he cannot get out of bed.
(b) He is happy for Roberts and wants to throw him a goodbye party.
(c) He is too busy planting new palm trees to really care.
(d) He is so sad he has been crying for days straight.
14. Where is Act 2, Scene 2 set?
(a) The ship's upperdeck.
(b) The Captain's quarters.
(c) The sick bay.
(d) Roberts' sleeping quarters.
15. From where has the ship been ordered out of dock?
(b) The Cape of Good Home.
(c) Port Charles.
Short Answer Questions
1. From what unusual item does the crew pour alcohol when they drink a toast to Roberts?
2. What does Roberts tell Pulver as he exits the ship?
3. According to the Military Policeman, how many soldiers are in the hospital?
4. What image is on the homemade medal the crew presents to Roberts?
5. Who has already typed up the transfer letter for Roberts once the news comes out that men are needed to transfer to combat?
This section contains 610 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)