|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When speaking with Roberts on deck, on what does the Captain insist?
(a) That all the men acted responsibly on their liberty.
(b) That Roberts is the worst sailor he has ever seen.
(c) That a storm is coming.
(d) That he be addressed formally by Roberts.
2. After Pulver's prank has failed, how does he feel?
(a) He feels inspired to try again.
(b) He feels thankful that he does not have to go through with it.
(c) He feels angry that the prank does not work.
(d) He feels like he let Roberts down.
3. What might Roberts get if he does a good job keeping the crew in line?
(a) An upgrade to a single cabin.
(b) An extended leave.
(c) A transfer to a battleship.
(d) A promotion.
4. Who is going to go with Roberts to the island so that they can have their liberty?
(a) The Captain.
5. According to Dolan, why has Roberts allowed the Captain to speak to him the way he does in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Because he is just tired from a late night shift.
(b) Because he does not realize the Captain is speaking to him.
(c) Because he is waiting for the perfect time to strike back.
(d) Because he is trying to get on the Captain's good side.
6. The Patrol Officer state some sailors have broken into a house on the island. To whom does this house belong?
(a) The wealthiest man on the island.
(b) A high ranking general.
(c) The Commander.
(d) An ambassador.
7. What does the radio commentary on the loud speaker suggest at the end of Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) More countries may soon be overrun.
(b) The war in Europe is coming to an end.
(c) The war will be reaching England soon.
(d) Pearl Harbor has been bombed.
8. Why are so many of the men complaining about Roberts?
(a) Because he wants to transfer and leave them all.
(b) Because he does not sit with them at dinner.
(c) Because he clearly likes Doc the best.
(d) Because he has put Dolan on report.
9. What does Roberts tell Pulver as he exits the ship?
(a) That he is counting on Pulver.
(b) That he still expects that prank from Pulver.
(c) That Pulver has disappointed him.
(d) That it is Pulver's time to shine.
10. What item of the Captain's is the goat told to eat?
(a) The palm tree.
(b) His pillow.
(c) His apples.
(d) The rose bush.
11. What does the Captain say when Roberts goes to stand with the men?
(a) The Captain tells Roberts to stand with him.
(b) The Captain says all the men are worthless.
(c) The Captain asks Roberts to leave his sight.
(d) The Captain tells Roberts to move faster into line.
12. From what unusual item does the crew pour alcohol when they drink a toast to Roberts?
(a) A fire extinguisher.
(b) An oil can.
(c) A shoe.
(d) A mop bucket.
13. Who comes to the ship looking for the goat brought onto the ship by Dolan?
(a) The Colonel.
(c) The Patrolman.
(d) The Military police.
14. What does Roberts say in response to receiving this medal from the men?
(a) That he is glad to go.
(b) That they are a thoughtful bunch.
(c) That they are the best bunch of sailors ever.
(d) That he does not deserve it.
15. According to Dolan, with which military officer has the Captain recently gotten into an argument?
(a) The Sergeant.
(b) The Commodore.
(c) The Lieutenant.
(d) The Admiral.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the dance, with how many soldiers do the sailors start a fight?
2. What does Dolan think will happen to the Captain if Roberts gets transferred?
3. On what piece of equipment is an unconscious sailor found?
4. How does Roberts react when he hears what he might get as a reward for keeping the men in line?
5. Why does the Captain tell the crew of the cargo ship they have to work doubly hard?
This section contains 697 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)