|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Pulver appears in front of the Doc and Roberts singed and covered in what?
(c) Yellow powder.
2. Which one of the announcements comes over the loud speaker at the start of Act 2, Scene 5?
(a) An order for Roberts to report to the sick bay.
(b) An order for Dolan to report to the radion shack.
(c) An announcement that the new engineer has arrived.
(d) An announcement that the war is Europe has started again.
3. According to the Shore Patrolman, how is the Colonel viewed on the island?
(a) People love the Colonel.
(d) People do not even know who he is.
4. What does Dolan think will happen to the Captain if Roberts gets transferred?
(a) The Captain will get sick.
(b) The Captain will be thrilled to see Roberts go.
(c) The Captain will be ruined completely.
(d) The Captain will be sad but get will over it.
5. What does the Captain do when he finds that his palm tree is gone?
(a) He sounds the general alarm.
(b) He rushes to talk with Roberts.
(c) He goes to tell the Admiral.
(d) He cries.
6. About what does Doc think that Roberts is panicked?
(a) The idea that he is loosing friends on the ship.
(b) The thought that the Captain may never get pranked.
(c) The possibility of not getting into combat.
(d) The possibility of not getting his promotion.
7. What image is on the homemade medal the crew presents to Roberts?
(a) A gun.
(b) A flag.
(c) A star.
(d) A palm tree.
8. What does the radio commentary on the loud speaker suggest at the end of Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Pearl Harbor has been bombed.
(b) The war will be reaching England soon.
(c) The war in Europe is coming to an end.
(d) More countries may soon be overrun.
9. Who has already typed up the transfer letter for Roberts once the news comes out that men are needed to transfer to combat?
10. What facts do the sailors hear the Captain say to Roberts over the loudspeaker?
(a) They hear the Captain say the palm tree is his only friend.
(b) They hear the Captain say Roberts will be court marshalled.
(c) That he and Roberts had made a deal so the men could have liberty.
(d) They hear that the Captain say he will resign.
11. What does Roberts do to the Captain's palm tree before throwing it overboard?
(a) Rips all the branches off.
(b) Urinates on it.
(c) Salutes it.
(d) Lights it on fire.
12. Doc and what other sailor do not believe that Roberts is deliberately looking for a promotion on the cargo ship?
(d) The Captain.
13. What does the Captain call the act of getting rid of his palm tree?
(a) A mean thing to do.
(b) An insult to the ship.
(c) A cowardly act of childishness.
(d) An unforgivable crime against him.
14. Who is expected at the Office of the Island Commander the day following the fight?
(d) The Captain.
15. Which royal family makes an appearance to celebrate the end of the war in Europe?
(a) The Dutch Royal Family.
(b) The Spanish Royal Family.
(c) The English Royal Family.
(d) The Swedish Royal Family.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the Captain tell the crew of the cargo ship they have to work doubly hard?
2. What does Roberts say he will not do that involves the Captain?
3. Which of the following does the radio announcer recognize as a true enemy?
4. How does Roberts respond to the news that the war in Europe is over?
5. From what branch of the military is the Colonel who sponsors the dance?
This section contains 678 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)