|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Roberts respond to the news that the war in Europe is over?
(a) He is so happy that he jumps up and down
(b) He runs out of the room in tears.
(c) He sadly says he will be out of the fight.
(d) He rejoices.
2. What drink do the men say they will have to celebrate that the war in Europe is over?
(b) Medical alcohol and orange juice.
(c) Rum and lemon.
(d) Whiskey and beer.
3. How much time has passed between Act 2, Scene 2 and Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) Three months.
(b) Four days.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) One year.
4. From what branch of the military is the Colonel who sponsors the dance?
(a) Air Force.
(b) Coast Guard.
5. Which sailor comes into the room where Doc and Roberts are and turns on the radio so that they can hear the news that the war in Europe is over?
(d) The Captain.
6. What record does Pulver say he has broken?
(a) His record for the most drinking in one hour.
(b) His record for shaking the most hands in one night.
(c) His continuous dancing record.
(d) His record for sleeping with women.
7. Who is expected at the Office of the Island Commander the day following the fight?
(a) The Captain.
8. What song plays at the end of the radio announcer's speech about the end of the war in Europe?
(a) This Land is Your Land.
(b) The Start Spangled Banner.
(c) My Country Tis of Thee.
(d) The Stars and Stripes Forever.
9. About what does Doc think that Roberts is panicked?
(a) The thought that the Captain may never get pranked.
(b) The possibility of not getting his promotion.
(c) The idea that he is loosing friends on the ship.
(d) The possibility of not getting into combat.
10. According to the Military Policeman, how many soldiers are in the hospital?
11. What is the Captain wearing as he goes to water his palm tree?
(a) A bathing suit.
(b) His uniform.
(c) His civilian clothes.
(d) A bathrobe.
12. Doc asks Roberts if he has done what with the Captain?
(a) Gotten in an argument with him.
(b) Made a plot to make the crew miserable.
(c) Made some sort of agreement with him.
(d) Crossed over to the Captain's side of things.
13. Why does the Captain tell the crew of the cargo ship they have to work doubly hard?
(a) Because they have a reputation to uphold.
(b) To erase their bad behavior during liberty.
(c) Because the Colonel is coming on board.
(d) To become known as the best ship in the fleet.
14. What loud noise is heard in the back of the ship that causes the Captain to come out to see what is happening?
(a) An explosion.
(b) A bell ringing.
(c) A siren.
(d) A loud scream.
15. Who has already typed up the transfer letter for Roberts once the news comes out that men are needed to transfer to combat?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Dolan, why has Roberts allowed the Captain to speak to him the way he does in Act 2, Scene 2?
2. According to the Shore Patrolman, how is the Colonel viewed on the island?
3. Which sailor takes Roberts' packed suitcase to the waiting boat?
4. What does Dolan think will happen to the Captain if Roberts gets transferred?
5. Which returning sailor does Roberts ask how their liberty was?
This section contains 632 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)