|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Captain has Roberts take a group of men to the back of the ship and have them do what?
(a) Walk the plank.
(b) Drop the anchor.
(c) Peel dozens of potatoes.
(d) Work up a sweat.
2. What does the Captain do when he finds that his palm tree is gone?
(a) He sounds the general alarm.
(b) He goes to tell the Admiral.
(c) He cries.
(d) He rushes to talk with Roberts.
3. After the fight on the island, what happens to the sailors and the ship?
(a) The sailors are on probation and the ship is fined.
(b) The ship is vandalized and the sailors scared.
(c) Nothing happens to the ship but the sailors are all demoted.
(d) The ship is restricted, liberty is cancelled.
4. According to Dolan, why has Roberts allowed the Captain to speak to him the way he does in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Because he is trying to get on the Captain's good side.
(b) Because he does not realize the Captain is speaking to him.
(c) Because he is waiting for the perfect time to strike back.
(d) Because he is just tired from a late night shift.
5. To where is Roberts being transferred?
(a) The South Pacific.
(d) Puerto Rico.
6. Doc and what other sailor do not believe that Roberts is deliberately looking for a promotion on the cargo ship?
(d) The Captain.
7. Who is expected at the Office of the Island Commander the day following the fight?
(a) The Captain.
8. Which royal family makes an appearance to celebrate the end of the war in Europe?
(a) The Dutch Royal Family.
(b) The English Royal Family.
(c) The Swedish Royal Family.
(d) The Spanish Royal Family.
9. When speaking with Roberts on deck, on what does the Captain insist?
(a) That all the men acted responsibly on their liberty.
(b) That Roberts is the worst sailor he has ever seen.
(c) That he be addressed formally by Roberts.
(d) That a storm is coming.
10. What does the Captain call the act of getting rid of his palm tree?
(a) A cowardly act of childishness.
(b) A mean thing to do.
(c) An unforgivable crime against him.
(d) An insult to the ship.
11. What does Roberts ask Doc to do because he really wants to be off the ship?
(a) He asks Doc to talk with the Captain for him.
(b) He asks Doc to help him sneak off the ship.
(c) He asks Doc to report him.
(d) He asks Doc to request a medical transfer for him.
12. Doc asks Roberts if he has done what with the Captain?
(a) Gotten in an argument with him.
(b) Crossed over to the Captain's side of things.
(c) Made some sort of agreement with him.
(d) Made a plot to make the crew miserable.
13. Who comes to the ship looking for the goat brought onto the ship by Dolan?
(a) The Patrolman.
(b) The Colonel.
(d) The Military police.
14. Which sailor comes into the room where Doc and Roberts are and turns on the radio so that they can hear the news that the war in Europe is over?
(a) The Captain.
15. Where is Act 2, Scene 2 set?
(a) The Captain's quarters.
(b) The sick bay.
(c) Roberts' sleeping quarters.
(d) The ship's upperdeck.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the Captain tell the crew of the cargo ship they have to work doubly hard?
2. What might Roberts get if he does a good job keeping the crew in line?
3. How does Roberts feel about the men thinking that he wants a promotion?
4. What item of the Captain's is the goat told to eat?
5. What does the inscription on the medal say?
This section contains 679 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)