|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many groups of injured soldiers have been returned to the cargo ship?
2. Doc and what other sailor do not believe that Roberts is deliberately looking for a promotion on the cargo ship?
(b) The Captain.
3. Pulver appears in front of the Doc and Roberts singed and covered in what?
(d) Yellow powder.
4. Who does the radio announcer commend for winning the war in Europe?
(a) The fighting men.
(b) The British Air Force.
(c) Rosie the Riveter.
5. Which of the following does the radio announcer recognize as a true enemy?
6. Who is expected at the Office of the Island Commander the day following the fight?
(d) The Captain.
7. How does Roberts respond when the Doc accuses him of thinking that the crew owes him something?
(a) He says the Doc is right.
(b) He says nothing and walks away.
(c) He says that is not how he feels.
(d) He says they do owe him.
8. From what unusual item does the crew pour alcohol when they drink a toast to Roberts?
(a) An oil can.
(b) A shoe.
(c) A mop bucket.
(d) A fire extinguisher.
9. How does Roberts respond to the news that the war in Europe is over?
(a) He rejoices.
(b) He sadly says he will be out of the fight.
(c) He runs out of the room in tears.
(d) He is so happy that he jumps up and down
10. What does the inscription on the medal say?
(a) For bravery in the face of danger.
(b) For showing them who is boss.
(c) For action against the enemy.
(d) For being the best.
11. What song plays at the end of the radio announcer's speech about the end of the war in Europe?
(a) The Stars and Stripes Forever.
(b) My Country Tis of Thee.
(c) The Start Spangled Banner.
(d) This Land is Your Land.
12. What does the radio commentary on the loud speaker suggest at the end of Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) The war in Europe is coming to an end.
(b) More countries may soon be overrun.
(c) Pearl Harbor has been bombed.
(d) The war will be reaching England soon.
13. What is the Captain wearing as he goes to water his palm tree?
(a) His civilian clothes.
(b) A bathing suit.
(c) His uniform.
(d) A bathrobe.
14. Who is in the stateroom with Roberts as he is packing to leave the cargo ship?
(b) Pulver and Doc.
(c) Dowdy and Pulver.
(d) Doc and Dolan.
15. What does Roberts suggest Pulver get so that he can speak with Doc alone?
(a) A biscut and tea.
(b) A pen and paper.
(c) The news on the war front.
(d) A cup of coffee.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells Roberts that he is as drunk as a goat?
2. From where has the ship been ordered out of dock?
3. On what piece of equipment is an unconscious sailor found?
4. After the fight on the island, what happens to the sailors and the ship?
5. What does Roberts do to the Captain's palm tree before throwing it overboard?
This section contains 557 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)