|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is in the stateroom with Roberts as he is packing to leave the cargo ship?
(a) Pulver and Doc.
(b) Doc and Dolan.
(d) Dowdy and Pulver.
2. Who has already typed up the transfer letter for Roberts once the news comes out that men are needed to transfer to combat?
3. Which sailor comes into the room where Doc and Roberts are and turns on the radio so that they can hear the news that the war in Europe is over?
(b) The Captain.
4. According to the Military Policeman, how many soldiers are in the hospital?
5. What does the inscription on the medal say?
(a) For bravery in the face of danger.
(b) For being the best.
(c) For showing them who is boss.
(d) For action against the enemy.
6. Doc and what other sailor do not believe that Roberts is deliberately looking for a promotion on the cargo ship?
(a) The Captain.
7. What item of the Captain's is the goat told to eat?
(a) His apples.
(b) The rose bush.
(c) The palm tree.
(d) His pillow.
8. How does Roberts react when he hears what he might get as a reward for keeping the men in line?
(a) He is surprised.
(b) He is angry.
(c) He is sad.
(d) He is excited.
9. What image is on the homemade medal the crew presents to Roberts?
(a) A flag.
(b) A star.
(c) A gun.
(d) A palm tree.
10. After Pulver's prank has failed, how does he feel?
(a) He feels like he let Roberts down.
(b) He feels angry that the prank does not work.
(c) He feels inspired to try again.
(d) He feels thankful that he does not have to go through with it.
11. What drink do the men say they will have to celebrate that the war in Europe is over?
(a) Whiskey and beer.
(b) Medical alcohol and orange juice.
(d) Rum and lemon.
12. Which sailor takes Roberts' packed suitcase to the waiting boat?
13. According to Dolan, with which military officer has the Captain recently gotten into an argument?
(a) The Commodore.
(b) The Lieutenant.
(c) The Sergeant.
(d) The Admiral.
14. What does Roberts suggest Pulver get so that he can speak with Doc alone?
(a) The news on the war front.
(b) A cup of coffee.
(c) A biscut and tea.
(d) A pen and paper.
15. How does Roberts respond when the Doc accuses him of thinking that the crew owes him something?
(a) He says that is not how he feels.
(b) He says nothing and walks away.
(c) He says they do owe him.
(d) He says the Doc is right.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which sailor does the Captain say does not have the guts to destroy the palm tree?
2. What does Roberts tell Pulver as he exits the ship?
3. What item does Pulver create to leave under the Captain's bed?
4. On what piece of equipment is an unconscious sailor found?
5. How much time has passed between Act 2, Scene 2 and Act 2, Scene 3?
This section contains 535 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)