|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Captain call the act of getting rid of his palm tree?
(a) A cowardly act of childishness.
(b) A mean thing to do.
(c) An insult to the ship.
(d) An unforgivable crime against him.
2. On what piece of equipment is an unconscious sailor found?
(a) The watchtower.
(b) The wheel.
(c) A cargo net.
(d) The anchor.
3. Where is Act 2, Scene 2 set?
(a) The sick bay.
(b) The Captain's quarters.
(c) The ship's upperdeck.
(d) Roberts' sleeping quarters.
4. Why does the Captain tell the crew of the cargo ship they have to work doubly hard?
(a) Because the Colonel is coming on board.
(b) To become known as the best ship in the fleet.
(c) To erase their bad behavior during liberty.
(d) Because they have a reputation to uphold.
5. The Patrol Officer state some sailors have broken into a house on the island. To whom does this house belong?
(a) An ambassador.
(b) The Commander.
(c) The wealthiest man on the island.
(d) A high ranking general.
6. How does Roberts respond when the Doc accuses him of thinking that the crew owes him something?
(a) He says that is not how he feels.
(b) He says they do owe him.
(c) He says the Doc is right.
(d) He says nothing and walks away.
7. At the dance, with how many soldiers do the sailors start a fight?
(a) Over 100.
(d) Over 300.
8. What compliment does the Captain give to Roberts in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) He calls Roberts an honorable man.
(b) He says Roberts is the most handsome man on board.
(c) He tells the crew Roberts dances like an angel.
(d) He says Roberts is a phenomenal singer.
9. Who has already typed up the transfer letter for Roberts once the news comes out that men are needed to transfer to combat?
10. What image is on the homemade medal the crew presents to Roberts?
(a) A palm tree.
(b) A gun.
(c) A flag.
(d) A star.
11. At the beginning of Act 2, Scene 3, where does the reader learn Roberts has been spending all his time?
(a) His bedroom.
(b) The sick bay.
(c) The radio shack.
(d) The eagles nest.
12. About what does Doc think that Roberts is panicked?
(a) The idea that he is loosing friends on the ship.
(b) The thought that the Captain may never get pranked.
(c) The possibility of not getting into combat.
(d) The possibility of not getting his promotion.
13. Who has submitted the transfer request that gets Roberts transferred off the cargo ship?
(a) The crew.
(b) The Captain.
14. After Pulver's prank has failed, how does he feel?
(a) He feels angry that the prank does not work.
(b) He feels like he let Roberts down.
(c) He feels inspired to try again.
(d) He feels thankful that he does not have to go through with it.
15. What is the Captain wearing as he goes to water his palm tree?
(a) His civilian clothes.
(b) A bathing suit.
(c) A bathrobe.
(d) His uniform.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the radio announcer commend for winning the war in Europe?
2. Doc and what other sailor do not believe that Roberts is deliberately looking for a promotion on the cargo ship?
3. How many groups of injured soldiers have been returned to the cargo ship?
4. What does the Captain say the soldiers will do until he discovers who got rid of his palm tree?
5. During the fight between the sailors and soldiers, what happens to the young women attending the dance?
This section contains 616 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)