|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the Shore Patrolman, how is the Colonel viewed on the island?
(b) People do not even know who he is.
(d) People love the Colonel.
2. About what does Doc think that Roberts is panicked?
(a) The possibility of not getting his promotion.
(b) The possibility of not getting into combat.
(c) The thought that the Captain may never get pranked.
(d) The idea that he is loosing friends on the ship.
3. At the end of Act 2, Scene 2, how does the crew feel about Roberts' attitude?
(a) They agree one hundred percent with his attitude.
(b) They feel inspired by his attitude.
(c) They feel it has changed in a bad way.
(d) They feel excited about his attitude.
4. Which returning sailor does Roberts ask how their liberty was?
5. Who comes to the ship looking for the goat brought onto the ship by Dolan?
(a) The Colonel.
(b) The Military police.
(d) The Patrolman.
6. How does Roberts respond when the Doc accuses him of thinking that the crew owes him something?
(a) He says they do owe him.
(b) He says that is not how he feels.
(c) He says nothing and walks away.
(d) He says the Doc is right.
7. Who has submitted the transfer request that gets Roberts transferred off the cargo ship?
(c) The Captain.
(d) The crew.
8. According to Dolan, with which military officer has the Captain recently gotten into an argument?
(a) The Lieutenant.
(b) The Commodore.
(c) The Admiral.
(d) The Sergeant.
9. Why is the goat brought on board the ship by one of the sailors?
(a) To be a gift to the Captain.
(b) To make Doc mad.
(c) To be the ship's mascot.
(d) To be dinner.
10. To where is Roberts being transferred?
(c) Puerto Rico.
(d) The South Pacific.
11. Where is Act 2, Scene 2 set?
(a) The sick bay.
(b) The Captain's quarters.
(c) Roberts' sleeping quarters.
(d) The ship's upperdeck.
12. Which of the following does the radio announcer recognize as a true enemy?
13. From where has the ship been ordered out of dock?
(c) The Cape of Good Home.
(d) Port Charles.
14. After the fight on the island, what happens to the sailors and the ship?
(a) The sailors are on probation and the ship is fined.
(b) The ship is restricted, liberty is cancelled.
(c) Nothing happens to the ship but the sailors are all demoted.
(d) The ship is vandalized and the sailors scared.
15. What compliment does the Captain give to Roberts in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) He calls Roberts an honorable man.
(b) He tells the crew Roberts dances like an angel.
(c) He says Roberts is a phenomenal singer.
(d) He says Roberts is the most handsome man on board.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the inscription on the medal say?
2. What has Dolan already done for Roberts after receiving the communication requesting men to transfer to combat?
3. At the beginning of Act 2, Scene 3, where does the reader learn Roberts has been spending all his time?
4. When speaking with Roberts on deck, on what does the Captain insist?
5. According to the Patrol Officer, why do the sailors break into the house on the island.?
This section contains 632 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)