Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is in the stateroom with Roberts as he is packing to leave the cargo ship?
(a) Doc and Dolan.
(b) Dowdy and Pulver.
(d) Pulver and Doc.
2. Which sailor is getting Roberts' job after he leaves?
3. What image is on the homemade medal the crew presents to Roberts?
(a) A flag.
(b) A palm tree.
(c) A star.
(d) A gun.
4. According to Dolan, what is the Captain's response to Roberts' transfer assignment?
(a) He is so angry he cannot get out of bed.
(b) He is too busy planting new palm trees to really care.
(c) He is so sad he has been crying for days straight.
(d) He is happy for Roberts and wants to throw him a goodbye party.
5. About what does Doc think that Roberts is panicked?
(a) The possibility of not getting into combat.
(b) The thought that the Captain may never get pranked.
(c) The possibility of not getting his promotion.
(d) The idea that he is loosing friends on the ship.
6. Where is Act 2, Scene 2 set?
(a) The sick bay.
(b) The Captain's quarters.
(c) The ship's upperdeck.
(d) Roberts' sleeping quarters.
7. The Patrol Officer state some sailors have broken into a house on the island. To whom does this house belong?
(a) A high ranking general.
(b) An ambassador.
(c) The wealthiest man on the island.
(d) The Commander.
8. Who has already typed up the transfer letter for Roberts once the news comes out that men are needed to transfer to combat?
9. At the dance, with how many soldiers do the sailors start a fight?
(a) Over 100.
(d) Over 300.
10. When pressured to sign the transfer request, what does Roberts do?
(a) He refuses.
(b) He complies.
(c) He asks for time to consider it.
(d) He confesses he already has submitted one.
11. At the beginning of Act 2, Scene 3, where does the reader learn Roberts has been spending all his time?
(a) The eagles nest.
(b) The sick bay.
(c) The radio shack.
(d) His bedroom.
12. What does Roberts say in response to receiving this medal from the men?
(a) That they are the best bunch of sailors ever.
(b) That he does not deserve it.
(c) That they are a thoughtful bunch.
(d) That he is glad to go.
13. Doc asks Roberts if he has done what with the Captain?
(a) Crossed over to the Captain's side of things.
(b) Gotten in an argument with him.
(c) Made a plot to make the crew miserable.
(d) Made some sort of agreement with him.
14. Which sailor comes into the room where Doc and Roberts are and turns on the radio so that they can hear the news that the war in Europe is over?
(a) The Captain.
15. What does the Captain do when he finds that his palm tree is gone?
(a) He sounds the general alarm.
(b) He goes to tell the Admiral.
(c) He cries.
(d) He rushes to talk with Roberts.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which one of the announcements comes over the loud speaker at the start of Act 2, Scene 5?
2. What loud noise is heard in the back of the ship that causes the Captain to come out to see what is happening?
3. Which returning sailor does Roberts ask how their liberty was?
4. What might Roberts get if he does a good job keeping the crew in line?
5. What has Dolan already done for Roberts after receiving the communication requesting men to transfer to combat?
This section contains 643 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)