|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Dolan, what is the Captain's response to Roberts' transfer assignment?
(a) He is too busy planting new palm trees to really care.
(b) He is so sad he has been crying for days straight.
(c) He is so angry he cannot get out of bed.
(d) He is happy for Roberts and wants to throw him a goodbye party.
2. At the beginning of Act 2, Scene 3, where does the reader learn Roberts has been spending all his time?
(a) The radio shack.
(b) The eagles nest.
(c) The sick bay.
(d) His bedroom.
3. According to the Military Policeman, how many soldiers are in the hospital?
4. What does the inscription on the medal say?
(a) For showing them who is boss.
(b) For action against the enemy.
(c) For bravery in the face of danger.
(d) For being the best.
5. Which one of the announcements comes over the loud speaker at the start of Act 2, Scene 5?
(a) An announcement that the war is Europe has started again.
(b) An order for Roberts to report to the sick bay.
(c) An order for Dolan to report to the radion shack.
(d) An announcement that the new engineer has arrived.
6. How does Roberts respond to the news that the war in Europe is over?
(a) He runs out of the room in tears.
(b) He is so happy that he jumps up and down
(c) He rejoices.
(d) He sadly says he will be out of the fight.
7. What does Roberts tell Pulver as he exits the ship?
(a) That it is Pulver's time to shine.
(b) That he still expects that prank from Pulver.
(c) That Pulver has disappointed him.
(d) That he is counting on Pulver.
8. On what piece of equipment is an unconscious sailor found?
(a) The anchor.
(b) A cargo net.
(c) The wheel.
(d) The watchtower.
9. Why is the goat brought on board the ship by one of the sailors?
(a) To be a gift to the Captain.
(b) To be the ship's mascot.
(c) To be dinner.
(d) To make Doc mad.
10. Pulver appears in front of the Doc and Roberts singed and covered in what?
(b) Yellow powder.
11. Who is going to go with Roberts to the island so that they can have their liberty?
(d) The Captain.
12. Who has submitted the transfer request that gets Roberts transferred off the cargo ship?
(a) The crew.
(c) The Captain.
13. When pressured to sign the transfer request, what does Roberts do?
(a) He complies.
(b) He asks for time to consider it.
(c) He confesses he already has submitted one.
(d) He refuses.
14. Why does the Captain tell the crew of the cargo ship they have to work doubly hard?
(a) To erase their bad behavior during liberty.
(b) To become known as the best ship in the fleet.
(c) Because they have a reputation to uphold.
(d) Because the Colonel is coming on board.
15. How much time has passed between Act 2, Scene 2 and Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) Three months.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) One year.
(d) Four days.
Short Answer Questions
1. From what branch of the military is the Colonel who sponsors the dance?
2. At the end of Act 2, Scene 2, how does the crew feel about Roberts' attitude?
3. Who is in the stateroom with Roberts as he is packing to leave the cargo ship?
4. How does Roberts feel about the men thinking that he wants a promotion?
5. What drink do the men say they will have to celebrate that the war in Europe is over?
This section contains 629 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)