|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Captain wearing as he goes to water his palm tree?
(a) His uniform.
(b) A bathrobe.
(c) A bathing suit.
(d) His civilian clothes.
2. What image is on the homemade medal the crew presents to Roberts?
(a) A star.
(b) A palm tree.
(c) A gun.
(d) A flag.
3. From where has the ship been ordered out of dock?
(a) Port Charles.
(b) The Cape of Good Home.
4. Which royal family makes an appearance to celebrate the end of the war in Europe?
(a) The English Royal Family.
(b) The Dutch Royal Family.
(c) The Swedish Royal Family.
(d) The Spanish Royal Family.
5. What does Roberts do to the Captain's palm tree before throwing it overboard?
(a) Salutes it.
(b) Lights it on fire.
(c) Urinates on it.
(d) Rips all the branches off.
6. Pulver appears in front of the Doc and Roberts singed and covered in what?
(d) Yellow powder.
7. What does Roberts say in response to receiving this medal from the men?
(a) That he does not deserve it.
(b) That they are a thoughtful bunch.
(c) That they are the best bunch of sailors ever.
(d) That he is glad to go.
8. How many groups of injured soldiers have been returned to the cargo ship?
9. From what branch of the military is the Colonel who sponsors the dance?
(c) Air Force.
(d) Coast Guard.
10. What does Roberts say he will not do that involves the Captain?
(a) He will not walk 10 feet across the room to get anything from him.
(b) He will not hurt the Captain's feelings.
(c) He will not offend the Captain.
(d) He will not ever respect the Captain.
11. What does the Captain do when he finds that his palm tree is gone?
(a) He rushes to talk with Roberts.
(b) He goes to tell the Admiral.
(c) He cries.
(d) He sounds the general alarm.
12. Which sailor does the Captain say does not have the guts to destroy the palm tree?
13. What do the sailors yell when they see Roberts coming on deck?
(a) Flash Red.
(c) Red alert.
(d) Watch out.
14. What does the inscription on the medal say?
(a) For action against the enemy.
(b) For being the best.
(c) For bravery in the face of danger.
(d) For showing them who is boss.
15. What does Roberts tell Pulver as he exits the ship?
(a) That he still expects that prank from Pulver.
(b) That it is Pulver's time to shine.
(c) That Pulver has disappointed him.
(d) That he is counting on Pulver.
Short Answer Questions
1. From what unusual item does the crew pour alcohol when they drink a toast to Roberts?
2. At the end of Act 2, Scene 2, how does the crew feel about Roberts' attitude?
3. Doc asks Roberts if he has done what with the Captain?
4. About what does Doc think that Roberts is panicked?
5. Why are so many of the men complaining about Roberts?
This section contains 593 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)