|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Roberts respond to the news that the war in Europe is over?
(a) He sadly says he will be out of the fight.
(b) He rejoices.
(c) He is so happy that he jumps up and down
(d) He runs out of the room in tears.
2. On what piece of equipment is an unconscious sailor found?
(a) The anchor.
(b) The wheel.
(c) The watchtower.
(d) A cargo net.
3. Which returning sailor does Roberts ask how their liberty was?
4. After Pulver's prank has failed, how does he feel?
(a) He feels angry that the prank does not work.
(b) He feels like he let Roberts down.
(c) He feels inspired to try again.
(d) He feels thankful that he does not have to go through with it.
5. Which one of the announcements comes over the loud speaker at the start of Act 2, Scene 5?
(a) An order for Dolan to report to the radion shack.
(b) An order for Roberts to report to the sick bay.
(c) An announcement that the new engineer has arrived.
(d) An announcement that the war is Europe has started again.
6. What is the Captain wearing as he goes to water his palm tree?
(a) A bathrobe.
(b) His civilian clothes.
(c) His uniform.
(d) A bathing suit.
7. Who does the radio announcer commend for winning the war in Europe?
(a) Rosie the Riveter.
(b) The British Air Force.
(d) The fighting men.
8. According to Dolan, with which military officer has the Captain recently gotten into an argument?
(a) The Admiral.
(b) The Lieutenant.
(c) The Commodore.
(d) The Sergeant.
9. Which sailor is getting Roberts' job after he leaves?
10. What item does Pulver create to leave under the Captain's bed?
(a) A firecracker.
(b) A whoopie cusion.
(c) A dead fish.
(d) A stink bomb.
11. What might Roberts get if he does a good job keeping the crew in line?
(a) A promotion.
(b) A transfer to a battleship.
(c) An extended leave.
(d) An upgrade to a single cabin.
12. Who comes to the ship looking for the goat brought onto the ship by Dolan?
(a) The Military police.
(b) The Colonel.
(d) The Patrolman.
13. How many groups of injured soldiers have been returned to the cargo ship?
14. Why is the goat brought on board the ship by one of the sailors?
(a) To be the ship's mascot.
(b) To be dinner.
(c) To make Doc mad.
(d) To be a gift to the Captain.
15. According to the Military Policeman, how many soldiers are in the hospital?
Short Answer Questions
1. What facts do the sailors hear the Captain say to Roberts over the loudspeaker?
2. According to the Shore Patrolman, how is the Colonel viewed on the island?
3. About what does Doc think that Roberts is panicked?
4. How does Roberts respond when the Doc accuses him of thinking that the crew owes him something?
5. What does the Captain do when he finds that his palm tree is gone?
This section contains 603 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)