|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tells Roberts that he is as drunk as a goat?
2. Who is expected at the Office of the Island Commander the day following the fight?
(a) The Captain.
3. What image is on the homemade medal the crew presents to Roberts?
(a) A palm tree.
(b) A star.
(c) A flag.
(d) A gun.
4. Which returning sailor does Roberts ask how their liberty was?
5. What does the radio commentary on the loud speaker suggest at the end of Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) The war in Europe is coming to an end.
(b) More countries may soon be overrun.
(c) The war will be reaching England soon.
(d) Pearl Harbor has been bombed.
6. How does Roberts respond to the news that the war in Europe is over?
(a) He runs out of the room in tears.
(b) He is so happy that he jumps up and down
(c) He sadly says he will be out of the fight.
(d) He rejoices.
7. What do the sailors yell when they see Roberts coming on deck?
(a) Flash Red.
(c) Watch out.
(d) Red alert.
8. About what does Doc think that Roberts is panicked?
(a) The thought that the Captain may never get pranked.
(b) The possibility of not getting his promotion.
(c) The idea that he is loosing friends on the ship.
(d) The possibility of not getting into combat.
9. How does Roberts react when he hears what he might get as a reward for keeping the men in line?
(a) He is surprised.
(b) He is sad.
(c) He is excited.
(d) He is angry.
10. When pressured to sign the transfer request, what does Roberts do?
(a) He refuses.
(b) He confesses he already has submitted one.
(c) He asks for time to consider it.
(d) He complies.
11. According to the Shore Patrolman, how is the Colonel viewed on the island?
(b) People love the Colonel.
(c) People do not even know who he is.
12. Which of the following does the radio announcer recognize as a true enemy?
13. Why are so many of the men complaining about Roberts?
(a) Because he does not sit with them at dinner.
(b) Because he has put Dolan on report.
(c) Because he wants to transfer and leave them all.
(d) Because he clearly likes Doc the best.
14. Which sailor does the Captain say does not have the guts to destroy the palm tree?
15. What is the Captain wearing as he goes to water his palm tree?
(a) A bathing suit.
(b) His uniform.
(c) His civilian clothes.
(d) A bathrobe.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has already typed up the transfer letter for Roberts once the news comes out that men are needed to transfer to combat?
2. What does Roberts say he will not do that involves the Captain?
3. What record does Pulver say he has broken?
4. Who has submitted the transfer request that gets Roberts transferred off the cargo ship?
5. What has Dolan already done for Roberts after receiving the communication requesting men to transfer to combat?
This section contains 588 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)