|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the Shore Patrolman, how is the Colonel viewed on the island?
(a) People do not even know who he is.
(d) People love the Colonel.
2. Which sailor does the Captain say does not have the guts to destroy the palm tree?
3. How does Roberts respond to the news that the war in Europe is over?
(a) He sadly says he will be out of the fight.
(b) He runs out of the room in tears.
(c) He rejoices.
(d) He is so happy that he jumps up and down
4. What might Roberts get if he does a good job keeping the crew in line?
(a) A promotion.
(b) An extended leave.
(c) A transfer to a battleship.
(d) An upgrade to a single cabin.
5. Who tells Roberts that he is as drunk as a goat?
6. According to Dolan, with which military officer has the Captain recently gotten into an argument?
(a) The Sergeant.
(b) The Admiral.
(c) The Lieutenant.
(d) The Commodore.
7. According to the Patrol Officer, why do the sailors break into the house on the island.?
(a) That is where all the soldiers are hiding from them.
(b) They hate the person living in that house.
(c) They are so drunk that they cannot remember.
(d) Someone lies to them and says it is a brothel.
8. What item of the Captain's is the goat told to eat?
(a) The palm tree.
(b) His pillow.
(c) The rose bush.
(d) His apples.
9. How does Roberts respond when the Doc accuses him of thinking that the crew owes him something?
(a) He says they do owe him.
(b) He says the Doc is right.
(c) He says nothing and walks away.
(d) He says that is not how he feels.
10. Which one of the announcements comes over the loud speaker at the start of Act 2, Scene 5?
(a) An order for Roberts to report to the sick bay.
(b) An announcement that the new engineer has arrived.
(c) An order for Dolan to report to the radion shack.
(d) An announcement that the war is Europe has started again.
11. According to the Military Policeman, how many soldiers are in the hospital?
12. Who is in the stateroom with Roberts as he is packing to leave the cargo ship?
(a) Dowdy and Pulver.
(b) Pulver and Doc.
(d) Doc and Dolan.
13. What record does Pulver say he has broken?
(a) His continuous dancing record.
(b) His record for shaking the most hands in one night.
(c) His record for the most drinking in one hour.
(d) His record for sleeping with women.
14. Which sailor is getting Roberts' job after he leaves?
15. Why are so many of the men complaining about Roberts?
(a) Because he clearly likes Doc the best.
(b) Because he does not sit with them at dinner.
(c) Because he wants to transfer and leave them all.
(d) Because he has put Dolan on report.
Short Answer Questions
1. From where has the ship been ordered out of dock?
2. What song plays at the end of the radio announcer's speech about the end of the war in Europe?
3. Which of the following does the radio announcer recognize as a true enemy?
4. What does Roberts suggest Pulver get so that he can speak with Doc alone?
5. What does the Captain call the act of getting rid of his palm tree?
This section contains 604 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)