|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the sailors yell when they see Roberts coming on deck?
(a) Watch out.
(c) Flash Red.
(d) Red alert.
2. What compliment does the Captain give to Roberts in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) He calls Roberts an honorable man.
(b) He tells the crew Roberts dances like an angel.
(c) He says Roberts is the most handsome man on board.
(d) He says Roberts is a phenomenal singer.
3. About what does Doc think that Roberts is panicked?
(a) The possibility of not getting into combat.
(b) The idea that he is loosing friends on the ship.
(c) The possibility of not getting his promotion.
(d) The thought that the Captain may never get pranked.
4. From what branch of the military is the Colonel who sponsors the dance?
(b) Coast Guard.
(c) Air Force.
5. At the beginning of Act 2, Scene 3, where does the reader learn Roberts has been spending all his time?
(a) His bedroom.
(b) The eagles nest.
(c) The sick bay.
(d) The radio shack.
6. Why is the goat brought on board the ship by one of the sailors?
(a) To be dinner.
(b) To be a gift to the Captain.
(c) To make Doc mad.
(d) To be the ship's mascot.
7. From what unusual item does the crew pour alcohol when they drink a toast to Roberts?
(a) A fire extinguisher.
(b) A shoe.
(c) A mop bucket.
(d) An oil can.
8. Who comes to the ship looking for the goat brought onto the ship by Dolan?
(b) The Military police.
(c) The Patrolman.
(d) The Colonel.
9. What does Roberts say he will not do that involves the Captain?
(a) He will not walk 10 feet across the room to get anything from him.
(b) He will not ever respect the Captain.
(c) He will not offend the Captain.
(d) He will not hurt the Captain's feelings.
10. Which sailor takes Roberts' packed suitcase to the waiting boat?
11. Who has submitted the transfer request that gets Roberts transferred off the cargo ship?
(b) The Captain.
(d) The crew.
12. How does Roberts respond when the Doc accuses him of thinking that the crew owes him something?
(a) He says they do owe him.
(b) He says that is not how he feels.
(c) He says the Doc is right.
(d) He says nothing and walks away.
13. Who has already typed up the transfer letter for Roberts once the news comes out that men are needed to transfer to combat?
14. Which sailor comes into the room where Doc and Roberts are and turns on the radio so that they can hear the news that the war in Europe is over?
(c) The Captain.
15. What does Roberts say in response to receiving this medal from the men?
(a) That he is glad to go.
(b) That they are the best bunch of sailors ever.
(c) That they are a thoughtful bunch.
(d) That he does not deserve it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Doc and what other sailor do not believe that Roberts is deliberately looking for a promotion on the cargo ship?
2. To where is Roberts being transferred?
3. What image is on the homemade medal the crew presents to Roberts?
4. Why does the Captain tell the crew of the cargo ship they have to work doubly hard?
5. What does Dolan think will happen to the Captain if Roberts gets transferred?
This section contains 609 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)