|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who comes to the ship looking for the goat brought onto the ship by Dolan?
(b) The Patrolman.
(c) The Military police.
(d) The Colonel.
2. What does Dolan think will happen to the Captain if Roberts gets transferred?
(a) The Captain will be ruined completely.
(b) The Captain will be thrilled to see Roberts go.
(c) The Captain will get sick.
(d) The Captain will be sad but get will over it.
3. How much time has passed between Act 2, Scene 2 and Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) Four days.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) Three months.
(d) One year.
4. What item does Pulver create to leave under the Captain's bed?
(a) A whoopie cusion.
(b) A dead fish.
(c) A stink bomb.
(d) A firecracker.
5. During the fight between the sailors and soldiers, what happens to the young women attending the dance?
(a) They are not affected at all and keep dancing.
(b) They join in the fight themselves.
(c) They are injured or frightened away.
(d) They break up the fight and everything returns to normal.
6. What is the Captain wearing as he goes to water his palm tree?
(a) His civilian clothes.
(b) A bathrobe.
(c) A bathing suit.
(d) His uniform.
7. What does Roberts say he will not do that involves the Captain?
(a) He will not offend the Captain.
(b) He will not ever respect the Captain.
(c) He will not walk 10 feet across the room to get anything from him.
(d) He will not hurt the Captain's feelings.
8. To where is Roberts being transferred?
(b) The South Pacific.
(c) Puerto Rico.
9. How many groups of injured soldiers have been returned to the cargo ship?
10. When pressured to sign the transfer request, what does Roberts do?
(a) He complies.
(b) He confesses he already has submitted one.
(c) He refuses.
(d) He asks for time to consider it.
11. After the fight on the island, what happens to the sailors and the ship?
(a) Nothing happens to the ship but the sailors are all demoted.
(b) The sailors are on probation and the ship is fined.
(c) The ship is vandalized and the sailors scared.
(d) The ship is restricted, liberty is cancelled.
12. Why are so many of the men complaining about Roberts?
(a) Because he wants to transfer and leave them all.
(b) Because he has put Dolan on report.
(c) Because he does not sit with them at dinner.
(d) Because he clearly likes Doc the best.
13. Which one of the announcements comes over the loud speaker at the start of Act 2, Scene 5?
(a) An order for Roberts to report to the sick bay.
(b) An announcement that the war is Europe has started again.
(c) An order for Dolan to report to the radion shack.
(d) An announcement that the new engineer has arrived.
14. Which sailor is getting Roberts' job after he leaves?
15. According to Dolan, with which military officer has the Captain recently gotten into an argument?
(a) The Sergeant.
(b) The Admiral.
(c) The Commodore.
(d) The Lieutenant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Roberts say in response to receiving this medal from the men?
2. What might Roberts get if he does a good job keeping the crew in line?
3. Who is in the stateroom with Roberts as he is packing to leave the cargo ship?
4. Doc asks Roberts if he has done what with the Captain?
5. What record does Pulver say he has broken?
This section contains 638 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)