|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Roberts say in response to receiving this medal from the men?
(a) That he does not deserve it.
(b) That he is glad to go.
(c) That they are the best bunch of sailors ever.
(d) That they are a thoughtful bunch.
2. What is the Captain wearing as he goes to water his palm tree?
(a) His uniform.
(b) A bathrobe.
(c) His civilian clothes.
(d) A bathing suit.
3. How many groups of injured soldiers have been returned to the cargo ship?
4. Why are so many of the men complaining about Roberts?
(a) Because he has put Dolan on report.
(b) Because he wants to transfer and leave them all.
(c) Because he clearly likes Doc the best.
(d) Because he does not sit with them at dinner.
5. According to Dolan, what is the Captain's response to Roberts' transfer assignment?
(a) He is so angry he cannot get out of bed.
(b) He is too busy planting new palm trees to really care.
(c) He is so sad he has been crying for days straight.
(d) He is happy for Roberts and wants to throw him a goodbye party.
6. Who tells Roberts that he is as drunk as a goat?
7. How does Roberts respond when the Doc accuses him of thinking that the crew owes him something?
(a) He says they do owe him.
(b) He says the Doc is right.
(c) He says nothing and walks away.
(d) He says that is not how he feels.
8. What does the Captain call the act of getting rid of his palm tree?
(a) An unforgivable crime against him.
(b) A mean thing to do.
(c) A cowardly act of childishness.
(d) An insult to the ship.
9. Why does the Captain tell the crew of the cargo ship they have to work doubly hard?
(a) To become known as the best ship in the fleet.
(b) To erase their bad behavior during liberty.
(c) Because they have a reputation to uphold.
(d) Because the Colonel is coming on board.
10. According to the Military Policeman, how many soldiers are in the hospital?
11. According to the Patrol Officer, why do the sailors break into the house on the island.?
(a) Someone lies to them and says it is a brothel.
(b) They are so drunk that they cannot remember.
(c) That is where all the soldiers are hiding from them.
(d) They hate the person living in that house.
12. Who does the radio announcer commend for winning the war in Europe?
(a) Rosie the Riveter.
(b) The fighting men.
(c) The British Air Force.
13. Who comes to the ship looking for the goat brought onto the ship by Dolan?
(a) The Colonel.
(b) The Military police.
(c) The Patrolman.
14. What do the sailors yell when they see Roberts coming on deck?
(b) Red alert.
(c) Watch out.
(d) Flash Red.
15. Which sailor is getting Roberts' job after he leaves?
Short Answer Questions
1. From where has the ship been ordered out of dock?
2. Doc and what other sailor do not believe that Roberts is deliberately looking for a promotion on the cargo ship?
3. What does Roberts suggest Pulver get so that he can speak with Doc alone?
4. Which royal family makes an appearance to celebrate the end of the war in Europe?
5. At the dance, with how many soldiers do the sailors start a fight?
This section contains 589 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)