|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Captain has Roberts take a group of men to the back of the ship and have them do what?
(a) Drop the anchor.
(b) Peel dozens of potatoes.
(c) Walk the plank.
(d) Work up a sweat.
2. According to Dolan, the communication he receives asking men to apply for a transfer also asks them to have how many years experience?
(a) At least 6.
(b) No more than 1.
(c) Only 6 months.
(d) At least 2.
3. When speaking with Roberts on deck, on what does the Captain insist?
(a) That he be addressed formally by Roberts.
(b) That all the men acted responsibly on their liberty.
(c) That a storm is coming.
(d) That Roberts is the worst sailor he has ever seen.
4. What does the inscription on the medal say?
(a) For action against the enemy.
(b) For showing them who is boss.
(c) For bravery in the face of danger.
(d) For being the best.
5. What does Roberts tell Pulver as he exits the ship?
(a) That he is counting on Pulver.
(b) That Pulver has disappointed him.
(c) That he still expects that prank from Pulver.
(d) That it is Pulver's time to shine.
6. How does Roberts feel about the men thinking that he wants a promotion?
(a) He is happy to hear what they think.
(b) He does not care what they think.
(c) It makes him proud.
(d) It makes him angry.
7. What do the sailors yell when they see Roberts coming on deck?
(a) Watch out.
(b) Red alert.
(c) Flash Red.
8. Doc and what other sailor do not believe that Roberts is deliberately looking for a promotion on the cargo ship?
(c) The Captain.
9. During the fight between the sailors and soldiers, what happens to the young women attending the dance?
(a) They are injured or frightened away.
(b) They break up the fight and everything returns to normal.
(c) They join in the fight themselves.
(d) They are not affected at all and keep dancing.
10. Which royal family makes an appearance to celebrate the end of the war in Europe?
(a) The Spanish Royal Family.
(b) The Dutch Royal Family.
(c) The English Royal Family.
(d) The Swedish Royal Family.
11. How many groups of injured soldiers have been returned to the cargo ship?
12. According to Dolan, what is the Captain's response to Roberts' transfer assignment?
(a) He is so angry he cannot get out of bed.
(b) He is happy for Roberts and wants to throw him a goodbye party.
(c) He is so sad he has been crying for days straight.
(d) He is too busy planting new palm trees to really care.
13. What does the Captain call the act of getting rid of his palm tree?
(a) An insult to the ship.
(b) A cowardly act of childishness.
(c) A mean thing to do.
(d) An unforgivable crime against him.
14. What does the Captain say when Roberts goes to stand with the men?
(a) The Captain tells Roberts to move faster into line.
(b) The Captain says all the men are worthless.
(c) The Captain tells Roberts to stand with him.
(d) The Captain asks Roberts to leave his sight.
15. Which sailor takes Roberts' packed suitcase to the waiting boat?
Short Answer Questions
1. How much time has passed between Act 2, Scene 2 and Act 2, Scene 3?
2. According to Dolan, why has Roberts allowed the Captain to speak to him the way he does in Act 2, Scene 2?
3. After Pulver's prank has failed, how does he feel?
4. Who comes to the ship looking for the goat brought onto the ship by Dolan?
5. What does the Captain do when he finds that his palm tree is gone?
This section contains 684 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)