|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Dolan already done for Roberts after receiving the communication requesting men to transfer to combat?
(a) He has already typed up the transfer request.
(b) He has already sent in the transfer request.
(c) He has already talked to the Captain for Roberts.
(d) He has already talked to the Admiral for Roberts.
2. The Captain has Roberts take a group of men to the back of the ship and have them do what?
(a) Peel dozens of potatoes.
(b) Drop the anchor.
(c) Work up a sweat.
(d) Walk the plank.
3. How much time has passed between Act 2, Scene 2 and Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) One year.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) Three months.
(d) Four days.
4. What does Roberts say he will not do that involves the Captain?
(a) He will not offend the Captain.
(b) He will not ever respect the Captain.
(c) He will not walk 10 feet across the room to get anything from him.
(d) He will not hurt the Captain's feelings.
5. According to Dolan, with which military officer has the Captain recently gotten into an argument?
(a) The Lieutenant.
(b) The Admiral.
(c) The Commodore.
(d) The Sergeant.
6. Which sailor takes Roberts' packed suitcase to the waiting boat?
7. According to the Patrol Officer, why do the sailors break into the house on the island.?
(a) Someone lies to them and says it is a brothel.
(b) That is where all the soldiers are hiding from them.
(c) They are so drunk that they cannot remember.
(d) They hate the person living in that house.
8. From what unusual item does the crew pour alcohol when they drink a toast to Roberts?
(a) A mop bucket.
(b) A shoe.
(c) A fire extinguisher.
(d) An oil can.
9. Which one of the announcements comes over the loud speaker at the start of Act 2, Scene 5?
(a) An order for Roberts to report to the sick bay.
(b) An announcement that the war is Europe has started again.
(c) An order for Dolan to report to the radion shack.
(d) An announcement that the new engineer has arrived.
10. Which sailor is getting Roberts' job after he leaves?
11. From what branch of the military is the Colonel who sponsors the dance?
(a) Coast Guard.
(b) Air Force.
12. What image is on the homemade medal the crew presents to Roberts?
(a) A palm tree.
(b) A star.
(c) A gun.
(d) A flag.
13. Who tells Roberts that he is as drunk as a goat?
14. What compliment does the Captain give to Roberts in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) He says Roberts is the most handsome man on board.
(b) He calls Roberts an honorable man.
(c) He says Roberts is a phenomenal singer.
(d) He tells the crew Roberts dances like an angel.
15. Who is in the stateroom with Roberts as he is packing to leave the cargo ship?
(a) Doc and Dolan.
(b) Dowdy and Pulver.
(c) Pulver and Doc.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Roberts suggest Pulver get so that he can speak with Doc alone?
2. What loud noise is heard in the back of the ship that causes the Captain to come out to see what is happening?
3. What record does Pulver say he has broken?
4. Who is expected at the Office of the Island Commander the day following the fight?
5. After Pulver's prank has failed, how does he feel?
This section contains 622 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)