|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the inscription on the medal say?
(a) For being the best.
(b) For showing them who is boss.
(c) For bravery in the face of danger.
(d) For action against the enemy.
2. Who tells Roberts that he is as drunk as a goat?
3. How does Roberts feel about the men thinking that he wants a promotion?
(a) He is happy to hear what they think.
(b) He does not care what they think.
(c) It makes him angry.
(d) It makes him proud.
4. What does the radio commentary on the loud speaker suggest at the end of Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) The war will be reaching England soon.
(b) The war in Europe is coming to an end.
(c) Pearl Harbor has been bombed.
(d) More countries may soon be overrun.
5. At the dance, with how many soldiers do the sailors start a fight?
(a) Over 100.
(b) Over 300.
6. According to the Military Policeman, how many soldiers are in the hospital?
7. What facts do the sailors hear the Captain say to Roberts over the loudspeaker?
(a) They hear the Captain say Roberts will be court marshalled.
(b) They hear the Captain say the palm tree is his only friend.
(c) That he and Roberts had made a deal so the men could have liberty.
(d) They hear that the Captain say he will resign.
8. What item of the Captain's is the goat told to eat?
(a) His apples.
(b) The palm tree.
(c) His pillow.
(d) The rose bush.
9. Doc and what other sailor do not believe that Roberts is deliberately looking for a promotion on the cargo ship?
(c) The Captain.
10. What drink do the men say they will have to celebrate that the war in Europe is over?
(a) Rum and lemon.
(b) Whiskey and beer.
(c) Medical alcohol and orange juice.
11. At the beginning of Act 2, Scene 3, where does the reader learn Roberts has been spending all his time?
(a) The sick bay.
(b) The eagles nest.
(c) The radio shack.
(d) His bedroom.
12. Why are so many of the men complaining about Roberts?
(a) Because he wants to transfer and leave them all.
(b) Because he has put Dolan on report.
(c) Because he does not sit with them at dinner.
(d) Because he clearly likes Doc the best.
13. To where is Roberts being transferred?
(b) The South Pacific.
(c) Puerto Rico.
14. What record does Pulver say he has broken?
(a) His record for the most drinking in one hour.
(b) His continuous dancing record.
(c) His record for shaking the most hands in one night.
(d) His record for sleeping with women.
15. Who comes to the ship looking for the goat brought onto the ship by Dolan?
(a) The Colonel.
(b) The Military police.
(d) The Patrolman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What item does Pulver create to leave under the Captain's bed?
2. Doc asks Roberts if he has done what with the Captain?
3. According to Dolan, why has Roberts allowed the Captain to speak to him the way he does in Act 2, Scene 2?
4. What might Roberts get if he does a good job keeping the crew in line?
5. How much time has passed between Act 2, Scene 2 and Act 2, Scene 3?
This section contains 611 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)