|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Doc asks Roberts if he has done what with the Captain?
(a) Made some sort of agreement with him.
(b) Crossed over to the Captain's side of things.
(c) Gotten in an argument with him.
(d) Made a plot to make the crew miserable.
2. What item of the Captain's is the goat told to eat?
(a) The rose bush.
(b) His pillow.
(c) The palm tree.
(d) His apples.
3. What does Roberts say he will not do that involves the Captain?
(a) He will not ever respect the Captain.
(b) He will not offend the Captain.
(c) He will not hurt the Captain's feelings.
(d) He will not walk 10 feet across the room to get anything from him.
4. What does Roberts say in response to receiving this medal from the men?
(a) That they are a thoughtful bunch.
(b) That they are the best bunch of sailors ever.
(c) That he does not deserve it.
(d) That he is glad to go.
5. The Patrol Officer state some sailors have broken into a house on the island. To whom does this house belong?
(a) The Commander.
(b) The wealthiest man on the island.
(c) A high ranking general.
(d) An ambassador.
6. What does the Captain call the act of getting rid of his palm tree?
(a) An insult to the ship.
(b) A cowardly act of childishness.
(c) An unforgivable crime against him.
(d) A mean thing to do.
7. What drink do the men say they will have to celebrate that the war in Europe is over?
(a) Medical alcohol and orange juice.
(b) Whiskey and beer.
(d) Rum and lemon.
8. According to Dolan, what is the Captain's response to Roberts' transfer assignment?
(a) He is happy for Roberts and wants to throw him a goodbye party.
(b) He is too busy planting new palm trees to really care.
(c) He is so sad he has been crying for days straight.
(d) He is so angry he cannot get out of bed.
9. From what branch of the military is the Colonel who sponsors the dance?
(a) Air Force.
(c) Coast Guard.
10. At the end of Act 2, Scene 2, how does the crew feel about Roberts' attitude?
(a) They feel inspired by his attitude.
(b) They agree one hundred percent with his attitude.
(c) They feel it has changed in a bad way.
(d) They feel excited about his attitude.
11. The Captain has Roberts take a group of men to the back of the ship and have them do what?
(a) Drop the anchor.
(b) Work up a sweat.
(c) Peel dozens of potatoes.
(d) Walk the plank.
12. According to the Shore Patrolman, how is the Colonel viewed on the island?
(b) People do not even know who he is.
(d) People love the Colonel.
13. From where has the ship been ordered out of dock?
(b) The Cape of Good Home.
(d) Port Charles.
14. What song plays at the end of the radio announcer's speech about the end of the war in Europe?
(a) This Land is Your Land.
(b) The Stars and Stripes Forever.
(c) My Country Tis of Thee.
(d) The Start Spangled Banner.
15. Which sailor is getting Roberts' job after he leaves?
Short Answer Questions
1. From what unusual item does the crew pour alcohol when they drink a toast to Roberts?
2. What image is on the homemade medal the crew presents to Roberts?
3. After the fight on the island, what happens to the sailors and the ship?
4. When pressured to sign the transfer request, what does Roberts do?
5. What do the sailors yell when they see Roberts coming on deck?
This section contains 640 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)