|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What compliment does the Captain give to Roberts in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) He calls Roberts an honorable man.
(b) He tells the crew Roberts dances like an angel.
(c) He says Roberts is a phenomenal singer.
(d) He says Roberts is the most handsome man on board.
2. What does Roberts tell Pulver as he exits the ship?
(a) That Pulver has disappointed him.
(b) That he still expects that prank from Pulver.
(c) That it is Pulver's time to shine.
(d) That he is counting on Pulver.
3. What does the Captain say when Roberts goes to stand with the men?
(a) The Captain tells Roberts to move faster into line.
(b) The Captain says all the men are worthless.
(c) The Captain tells Roberts to stand with him.
(d) The Captain asks Roberts to leave his sight.
4. Who comes to the ship looking for the goat brought onto the ship by Dolan?
(a) The Military police.
(c) The Patrolman.
(d) The Colonel.
5. On what piece of equipment is an unconscious sailor found?
(a) The anchor.
(b) A cargo net.
(c) The watchtower.
(d) The wheel.
6. What does the Captain do when he finds that his palm tree is gone?
(a) He sounds the general alarm.
(b) He goes to tell the Admiral.
(c) He rushes to talk with Roberts.
(d) He cries.
7. Who is expected at the Office of the Island Commander the day following the fight?
(a) The Captain.
8. At the dance, with how many soldiers do the sailors start a fight?
(a) Over 100.
(d) Over 300.
9. How much time has passed between Act 2, Scene 2 and Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) Three months.
(b) Four days.
(c) One year.
(d) Two weeks.
10. According to Dolan, what is the Captain's response to Roberts' transfer assignment?
(a) He is so sad he has been crying for days straight.
(b) He is happy for Roberts and wants to throw him a goodbye party.
(c) He is too busy planting new palm trees to really care.
(d) He is so angry he cannot get out of bed.
11. According to Dolan, with which military officer has the Captain recently gotten into an argument?
(a) The Commodore.
(b) The Lieutenant.
(c) The Admiral.
(d) The Sergeant.
12. What does the inscription on the medal say?
(a) For showing them who is boss.
(b) For bravery in the face of danger.
(c) For being the best.
(d) For action against the enemy.
13. What has Dolan already done for Roberts after receiving the communication requesting men to transfer to combat?
(a) He has already typed up the transfer request.
(b) He has already sent in the transfer request.
(c) He has already talked to the Captain for Roberts.
(d) He has already talked to the Admiral for Roberts.
14. What does Roberts say he will not do that involves the Captain?
(a) He will not offend the Captain.
(b) He will not hurt the Captain's feelings.
(c) He will not walk 10 feet across the room to get anything from him.
(d) He will not ever respect the Captain.
15. How does Roberts respond when the Doc accuses him of thinking that the crew owes him something?
(a) He says the Doc is right.
(b) He says they do owe him.
(c) He says that is not how he feels.
(d) He says nothing and walks away.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Roberts ask Doc to do because he really wants to be off the ship?
2. Doc and what other sailor do not believe that Roberts is deliberately looking for a promotion on the cargo ship?
3. What does the Captain call the act of getting rid of his palm tree?
4. After Pulver's prank has failed, how does he feel?
5. What item does Pulver create to leave under the Captain's bed?
This section contains 682 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)