|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Roberts tell Doc he spots while on watch the previous night?
(a) Storm clouds fast approaching.
(b) An unlucky omen.
(c) A formation of battleships in the distance.
(d) A fire on a nearby ship.
2. Which type of alcohol does Miss Girard love?
3. Where does Pulver hide the letter Dolan has typed for Roberts?
(a) Under his bed.
(b) Under a blanket.
(c) In his closet
(d) In his shoes.
4. What lies about the ship does Pulver tell Miss Girard?
(a) That he is the favorite sailor on the ship.
(b) That the ship is named the U.S.S. Lincoln.
(c) That the ship has been many battles.
(d) That he is the captain of the ship.
5. About what does Miss Girard say the nurses have been talking?
(a) How handsome Pulver is.
(b) How much they love cocktails.
(c) Coming out to visit the ship.
(d) Putting up curtains.
6. What gift does Roberts take to the Port Director?
(a) Scotch whisky.
(b) Chocolate chip cookies.
(c) New trousers.
(d) A new spyglass.
7. Why does the Captain not want Roberts to leave his ship?
(a) He is afraid for Roberts' safety if he goes to battle.
(b) He wants to make Roberts miserable.
(c) Because Roberts' skills help the Captain.
(d) He will miss Roberts' friendship too much.
8. In what geographical location are the sailors having their liberty?
(b) The Caribbean.
(d) The North Atlantic.
9. What does Dolan say about Roberts' letter?
(a) It is not a very good letter.
(b) It is the best transfer Roberts' has ever written.
(c) The letter is written in excellent handwriting.
(d) It has tons of spelling errors.
10. How does Doc describe the desire to fight?
(a) It is a reflex.
(b) It is a stupid decision.
(c) It is a passion.
(d) It is a life's calling.
11. What warning phrase do the sailors shout when spying on the women showering?
(b) May day.
(d) Flash Red.
12. Because it is so hot, what happens while the sailors are unloading cargo?
(a) A sailor passes out.
(b) Some of the sailors jump into the sea for a swim.
(c) A sailor has an asthma attack.
(d) Some of the food goes bad.
13. What does Miss Girard catch the sailors on the ship doing?
(a) Making inappropriate comments about her.
(b) Making fun of Pulver.
(c) Stealing food from the kitchen.
(d) Spying on the nurses as they shower.
14. Which of the following best describes the Captain's actions in Act 1, Scene3?
15. Miss Girard wants whom to join her and Pulver for a drink?
(c) The Captain.
Short Answer Questions
1. What position on the ship does Pulver hold?
2. Who tells the sailors that it is time to start their daily work?
3. What request does the Captain ask of Roberts regarding their conversation about the men's liberty?
4. What does the Captain assume about Pulver since he never sees Pulver around?
5. Why do the sailors want to go to an island near their ship?
This section contains 550 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)