|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What order does the captain shout to the men about their shirts?
(a) Shirts are to be worn on deck.
(b) No shirt should have long sleeves.
(c) Only black shirts should be worn.
(d) All shirts should have pockets.
2. During which war is this play set?
(a) Korean War.
(b) World War I.
(c) Vietnam War.
(d) World War II.
3. What type of fruit is in the crates Roberts gives to the officer?
4. What does the Captain call Roberts after they settle their argument about the men's liberty?
(a) College fella.
(b) Number one.
5. Besides the nearby island, on what does Dowdy comment when he first joins Roberts?
(a) The captain.
(b) The heat.
(c) His aching back.
(d) The breakfast they have had that morning.
6. What request does the Captain ask of Roberts regarding their conversation about the men's liberty?
(a) Keep it secret.
(b) Write a letter about it to the Commander.
(c) Tell the men about it when they return from liberty.
(d) Make sure it is recorded as proof of Roberts dissension.
7. About what does Miss Girard say the nurses have been talking?
(a) How much they love cocktails.
(b) How handsome Pulver is.
(c) Coming out to visit the ship.
(d) Putting up curtains.
8. Miss Girard wants whom to join her and Pulver for a drink?
(a) The Captain.
9. What reasons does the Captain give for canceling liberty for the men?
(a) They have been called to join the battle.
(b) Their bad attitudes.
(c) The anchor is broken and they cannot stop.
(d) Security concerns.
10. What are Pulver, Doc, and Roberts making with Coca Cola, medication, alcohol, and iodine?
(b) Something that tastes like scotch.
(c) Something that will work like lighter fluid.
(d) A cleaner for the floors.
11. What gift does Roberts take to the Port Director?
(a) Scotch whisky.
(b) Chocolate chip cookies.
(c) New trousers.
(d) A new spyglass.
12. How much money is bet by the sailors that Miss Girard is the nurse with the birthmark on her bottom?
13. Why has the Captain not issued the orders for the men to go ashore even though they are ready for their liberty?
(a) He is eating lunch.
(b) He is punishing them.
(c) He is waiting to receive his commands.
(d) He is sleeping.
14. What does Dowdy request from Roberts as they unload the cargo?
(a) A water break.
(b) That the men be allowed to take off their shirts.
(c) That he be allowed to go to the infirmary.
(d) Some lunch.
15. What does the Captain see when he gets on deck that he considers to be insubordination by the crew?
(a) The men talking about how much they wish they were off the ship.
(b) The men joking around and not working.
(c) The men with their shirts off.
(d) Roberts and the men making fun of the Captain.
Short Answer Questions
1. What order does the Captain give Roberts regarding his letter writing?
2. Who tells the sailors that it is time to start their daily work?
3. What position does Miss Girard hold for the nurses?
4. Over what does the crew argue when the Captain has left the deck?
5. How does the Captain punish Roberts when he becomes angry at Roberts for disobeying him?
This section contains 624 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)