|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says that Roberts' is stupid for "chasing death?"
(c) The Captain.
2. What do Roberts and the Captain hear coming from the port while they are arguing about liberty?
(c) The men crying.
3. How long does the officer picking up supplies say it has been since his ship has had fresh fruit?
(a) Four months.
(b) One year.
(c) Two months.
(d) Five months.
4. What item is a trophy of excellence for the Captain?
(a) A palm tree.
(b) A leather bound book.
(c) A trophy.
(d) A gold compass.
5. What does the Captain say Roberts' letters will do for his reputation?
(a) Help his reputation as a merciful Captain.
(b) Damage his reputation with the commanding officers.
(c) Give him a reputation for being a patient leader.
(d) Make his ship sound like the boring ship.
6. About what does Miss Girard say the nurses have been talking?
(a) How handsome Pulver is.
(b) Coming out to visit the ship.
(c) How much they love cocktails.
(d) Putting up curtains.
7. At what port are the sailors going to have liberty?
(a) Blue Bay.
(d) Rio Pico.
8. Why does the Captain tell Roberts not to release any of the fresh fruit while they are unloading cargo?
(a) He is saving it for a friend.
(b) The fruit is making other sailors ill.
(c) He wants it for himself.
(d) He has to make sure they are properly recorded first.
9. Where does Pulver hide the letter Dolan has typed for Roberts?
(a) In his closet
(b) Under a blanket.
(c) In his shoes.
(d) Under his bed.
10. What gift does Roberts take to the Port Director?
(a) New trousers.
(b) A new spyglass.
(c) Chocolate chip cookies.
(d) Scotch whisky.
11. What does the Captain see when he gets on deck that he considers to be insubordination by the crew?
(a) The men talking about how much they wish they were off the ship.
(b) The men joking around and not working.
(c) Roberts and the men making fun of the Captain.
(d) The men with their shirts off.
12. Why does the Captain not want Roberts to leave his ship?
(a) Because Roberts' skills help the Captain.
(b) He wants to make Roberts miserable.
(c) He is afraid for Roberts' safety if he goes to battle.
(d) He will miss Roberts' friendship too much.
13. What reasons does the Captain give for canceling liberty for the men?
(a) Security concerns.
(b) They have been called to join the battle.
(c) The anchor is broken and they cannot stop.
(d) Their bad attitudes.
14. What position on the ship does Pulver hold?
(a) First Mate.
15. What does Roberts pick up at the end of Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) A mop and pail.
(b) His next request for transfer.
(c) His bottle of scotch.
(d) The spyglass.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the Captain, what "pre-voked" him about the men getting liberty?
2. Why do the sailors want to go to an island near their ship?
3. How does Doc describe the desire to fight?
4. What does the Captain say Roberts must do so that the men will be allowed liberty?
5. Who is the only sailor on the ship who has been to the port where they men are going to have their liberty?
This section contains 614 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)