|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About what does Miss Girard say the nurses have been talking?
(a) Coming out to visit the ship.
(b) How much they love cocktails.
(c) Putting up curtains.
(d) How handsome Pulver is.
2. What do the sailors do when they hear that their liberty is not canceled after all?
(a) They shout angrily.
(b) They boo the Captain.
(c) They sing.
(d) They give three cheers.
3. What happens to the Captain every time he gets angry at Roberts?
(a) He gets nauseated.
(b) He cries.
(c) He hits things.
(d) He is left speechless.
4. What position does Miss Girard hold for the nurses?
(a) Head nurse.
(b) Mail officer.
(c) Nurses assistant.
(d) Laundry officer.
5. Which type of alcohol does Miss Girard love?
6. According to the Captain, what "pre-voked" him about the men getting liberty?
(a) That it was arranged by Roberts and the Port Director.
(b) That liberty means the men will get lazy.
(c) That it is not at the port he requested.
(d) That the men have only one week of liberty.
7. According to the Captain, Pulver is the only officer who does what to the Captain?
(c) Jokes around with him.
8. Why does the Captain tell Roberts not to release any of the fresh fruit while they are unloading cargo?
(a) The fruit is making other sailors ill.
(b) He has to make sure they are properly recorded first.
(c) He is saving it for a friend.
(d) He wants it for himself.
9. At the beginning of the play, with which shipmate is Roberts talking?
10. How long has it been since the sailors have had a vacation?
(a) Six months.
(b) 18 months.
(c) One year.
(d) Two years.
11. What is the first question Roberts' asks Pulver when he gets back to their room?
(a) Where the Captain is.
(b) Why it is so hot in the room.
(c) What Pulver is doing in his locker.
(d) Whether Dolan has brought his letter.
12. What sort of punishment does the Captain says Roberts deserves as they argue about liberty for the men?
(a) A lashing.
(b) A demotion.
(c) A Court Marshal.
(d) A few nights in the brig.
13. What does Doc say Pulver has been telling him?
(a) That he is leaving the ship soon.
(b) Tales about his sexual prowess.
(c) Stories about the battlefront.
(d) That Roberts is a loser.
14. What do Roberts and the Captain hear coming from the port while they are arguing about liberty?
(b) The men crying.
15. What does Pulver say he is going to put under the Captain's bed?
(a) A dead fish.
(b) A letter from Roberts.
(c) A firecracker.
(d) A thank you card.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the Captain not want Roberts to leave his ship?
2. What does Dowdy request from Roberts as they unload the cargo?
3. Miss Girard wants whom to join her and Pulver for a drink?
4. Which of the following best describes the Captain's actions in Act 1, Scene3?
5. What gift does Roberts take to the Port Director?
This section contains 542 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)