|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What warning phrase do the sailors shout when spying on the women showering?
(a) Flash Red.
(c) May day.
2. When will Roberts finally respect Pulver?
(a) When he treats ladies with respect.
(b) When he can beat up Roberts.
(c) When he gets onto a real battleship.
(d) When he goes through with a prank and confesses to it.
3. At what port are the sailors going to have liberty?
(b) Rio Pico.
(c) Blue Bay.
4. What does Roberts accuse the Captain of doing by not allowing them to go on liberty?
(a) Being a dictator.
(b) Acting like a child.
(c) Abusing his power.
(d) Imprisoning the men.
5. What reasons does the Captain give for canceling liberty for the men?
(a) Their bad attitudes.
(b) Security concerns.
(c) They have been called to join the battle.
(d) The anchor is broken and they cannot stop.
6. Who is the only sailor that appears calm in preparation for the liberty?
7. What item is a trophy of excellence for the Captain?
(a) A palm tree.
(b) A leather bound book.
(c) A trophy.
(d) A gold compass.
8. What does Roberts pick up at the end of Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) His bottle of scotch.
(b) A mop and pail.
(c) His next request for transfer.
(d) The spyglass.
9. What does Dolan say about Roberts' letter?
(a) The letter is written in excellent handwriting.
(b) It has tons of spelling errors.
(c) It is not a very good letter.
(d) It is the best transfer Roberts' has ever written.
10. What does Pulver say he is going to put under the Captain's bed?
(a) A dead fish.
(b) A letter from Roberts.
(c) A firecracker.
(d) A thank you card.
11. For what does Roberts ask the Port Director?
(a) Liberty for the men.
(b) A recommendation to his captain.
(c) A job with the port authority.
(d) A longer vacation for himself.
12. How does Roberts seem to view the cargo ship's role in the war compared with a battleship's role in the war?
(a) He sees the cargo ship's role as being inferior.
(b) He thinks that they are equally important.
(c) He believes that both ships are inferior to the role of airplanes.
(d) He sees the battleship's role as less important.
13. Which type of alcohol does Miss Girard love?
14. According to the Captain, Pulver is the only officer who does what to the Captain?
(b) Jokes around with him.
15. What happens to the Captain every time he gets angry at Roberts?
(a) He is left speechless.
(b) He hits things.
(c) He gets nauseated.
(d) He cries.
Short Answer Questions
1. What position does Roberts truly hold on the ship?
2. Who lies about seeing women in the spyglass?
3. Which of the following is not something the sailors do as they prepare for their liberty?
4. What do Roberts and the Captain hear coming from the port while they are arguing about liberty?
5. What drink do Miss Girard and Roberts joke is their favorite?
This section contains 505 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)