|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What position on the ship does Pulver hold?
(b) First Mate.
2. Who is the only sailor on the ship who has been to the port where they men are going to have their liberty?
3. What lies about the ship does Pulver tell Miss Girard?
(a) That the ship is named the U.S.S. Lincoln.
(b) That he is the favorite sailor on the ship.
(c) That he is the captain of the ship.
(d) That the ship has been many battles.
4. What paper is Roberts holding in his hand when he runs into the doctor early in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) An application for transfer.
(b) A list of tasks.
(c) A page from his journal.
(d) A letter to his wife.
5. What does the Captain see when he gets on deck that he considers to be insubordination by the crew?
(a) Roberts and the men making fun of the Captain.
(b) The men talking about how much they wish they were off the ship.
(c) The men joking around and not working.
(d) The men with their shirts off.
6. What is Dolan asked to do for Roberts?
(a) Leave him alone.
(b) Iron his uniform.
(c) Cover his chores.
(d) Type a letter.
7. Who has given Miss Girard the nickname "Red Label?"
(a) Her sister.
(c) Her mother.
(d) One of the other nurses.
8. According to the Captain, what "pre-voked" him about the men getting liberty?
(a) That it was arranged by Roberts and the Port Director.
(b) That liberty means the men will get lazy.
(c) That the men have only one week of liberty.
(d) That it is not at the port he requested.
9. How does Roberts seem to view the cargo ship's role in the war compared with a battleship's role in the war?
(a) He thinks that they are equally important.
(b) He believes that both ships are inferior to the role of airplanes.
(c) He sees the battleship's role as less important.
(d) He sees the cargo ship's role as being inferior.
10. What sort of punishment does the Captain says Roberts deserves as they argue about liberty for the men?
(a) A lashing.
(b) A few nights in the brig.
(c) A demotion.
(d) A Court Marshal.
11. After finishing his notice about liberty being canceled, at what does the Captain glance?
(a) His trophy.
(b) His watch.
(c) A mirror.
(d) A picture of himself.
12. When will Roberts finally respect Pulver?
(a) When he goes through with a prank and confesses to it.
(b) When he treats ladies with respect.
(c) When he can beat up Roberts.
(d) When he gets onto a real battleship.
13. For what is Pulver looking in Roberts' locker?
(a) A shoebox.
(c) A letter.
(d) A knife.
14. What does the Captain assume about Pulver since he never sees Pulver around?
(a) That Pulver is always a step ahead.
(b) That Pulver is always busy doing his job.
(c) Tha Pulver is sneaking off the ship.
(d) That Pulver is lazy.
15. What order does the captain shout to the men about their shirts?
(a) No shirt should have long sleeves.
(b) Shirts are to be worn on deck.
(c) All shirts should have pockets.
(d) Only black shirts should be worn.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first question Roberts' asks Pulver when he gets back to their room?
2. What are Pulver, Doc, and Roberts making with Coca Cola, medication, alcohol, and iodine?
3. What does Doc say Pulver has been telling him?
4. Who is the only sailor that appears calm in preparation for the liberty?
5. In what geographical location are the sailors having their liberty?
This section contains 635 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)