|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the Captain tell Roberts not to release any of the fresh fruit while they are unloading cargo?
(a) He has to make sure they are properly recorded first.
(b) He wants it for himself.
(c) The fruit is making other sailors ill.
(d) He is saving it for a friend.
2. What are Pulver, Doc, and Roberts making with Coca Cola, medication, alcohol, and iodine?
(a) A cleaner for the floors.
(c) Something that will work like lighter fluid.
(d) Something that tastes like scotch.
3. What order does the captain shout to the men about their shirts?
(a) Only black shirts should be worn.
(b) No shirt should have long sleeves.
(c) Shirts are to be worn on deck.
(d) All shirts should have pockets.
4. Who is the only sailor on the ship who has been to the port where they men are going to have their liberty?
5. What type of study does Roberts quit before becoming a sailor?
(a) Medical school.
(b) Graduate school.
(c) Law school.
(d) Veterinary school.
6. What position does Roberts tell Miss Girard he holds on the ship?
(b) Executive officer
(d) Laundry officer.
7. In what geographical location are the sailors having their liberty?
(b) The Caribbean.
(d) The North Atlantic.
8. Which of the following does Roberts not say about Pulver?
(a) He is too preoccupied by sex.
(b) He is a great guy.
(c) He is a great shot.
(d) He is lazy.
9. What type of fruit is in the crates Roberts gives to the officer?
10. How does Roberts seem to view the cargo ship's role in the war compared with a battleship's role in the war?
(a) He believes that both ships are inferior to the role of airplanes.
(b) He thinks that they are equally important.
(c) He sees the cargo ship's role as being inferior.
(d) He sees the battleship's role as less important.
11. What paper is Roberts holding in his hand when he runs into the doctor early in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) A page from his journal.
(b) A list of tasks.
(c) A letter to his wife.
(d) An application for transfer.
12. Which of the following best describes the Captain's actions in Act 1, Scene3?
13. What reasons does the Captain give for canceling liberty for the men?
(a) Their bad attitudes.
(b) Security concerns.
(c) The anchor is broken and they cannot stop.
(d) They have been called to join the battle.
14. What does Pulver say he is going to put under the Captain's bed?
(a) A dead fish.
(b) A firecracker.
(c) A thank you card.
(d) A letter from Roberts.
15. According to the Captain, whose idea is liberty since it is not his?
(a) The Sergeant.
(c) The General.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the sailors want to go to an island near their ship?
2. What gift does Roberts take to the Port Director?
3. Miss Girard wants whom to join her and Pulver for a drink?
4. Who is the only sailor that appears calm in preparation for the liberty?
5. What does the Captain call Roberts after they settle their argument about the men's liberty?
This section contains 533 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)