|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What position does Miss Girard hold for the nurses?
(a) Mail officer.
(b) Nurses assistant.
(c) Head nurse.
(d) Laundry officer.
2. For what is Pulver looking in Roberts' locker?
(a) A knife.
(c) A shoebox.
(d) A letter.
3. At the beginning of the play, with which shipmate is Roberts talking?
4. What type of men does the Captain say he resents?
(a) Indecisive men.
(b) Hero worshipping men.
(c) College-educated men.
(d) Mama's boys.
5. Who is the only sailor that appears calm in preparation for the liberty?
6. During which war is this play set?
(a) World War II.
(b) Vietnam War.
(c) Korean War.
(d) World War I.
7. What happens to the Captain every time he gets angry at Roberts?
(a) He gets nauseated.
(b) He cries.
(c) He hits things.
(d) He is left speechless.
8. What does Roberts tell Doc he spots while on watch the previous night?
(a) An unlucky omen.
(b) A fire on a nearby ship.
(c) Storm clouds fast approaching.
(d) A formation of battleships in the distance.
9. What does Doc think about the cargo ship?
(a) That is it like being on a cruise ship.
(b) That is performs a necessary job in the war.
(c) That is smells like fish and sweat.
(d) That it is pointless in comparison with other ships.
10. What order does the captain shout to the men about their shirts?
(a) No shirt should have long sleeves.
(b) Shirts are to be worn on deck.
(c) Only black shirts should be worn.
(d) All shirts should have pockets.
11. What warning phrase do the sailors shout when spying on the women showering?
(a) May day.
(c) Flash Red.
12. What position does Roberts truly hold on the ship?
(a) First mate.
(c) Laundry officer.
(d) Executive officer.
13. How does Roberts respond when the messenger tells him the Captain would like to see him?
(a) Roberts says nothing and walks away.
(b) Roberts says he is too busy doing his job.
(c) Roberts says he will be there in 30 minutes.
(d) Roberts goes running.
14. What request does the Captain ask of Roberts regarding their conversation about the men's liberty?
(a) Write a letter about it to the Commander.
(b) Keep it secret.
(c) Tell the men about it when they return from liberty.
(d) Make sure it is recorded as proof of Roberts dissension.
15. What does the Captain say Roberts' letters will do for his reputation?
(a) Give him a reputation for being a patient leader.
(b) Damage his reputation with the commanding officers.
(c) Make his ship sound like the boring ship.
(d) Help his reputation as a merciful Captain.
Short Answer Questions
1. When will Roberts finally respect Pulver?
2. For what does Roberts ask the Port Director?
3. According to the Captain, whose idea is liberty since it is not his?
4. According to Dolan, when will the Captain need a bucket?
5. Why can't Pulver have lunch with the Captain?
This section contains 562 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)