|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which type of alcohol does Miss Girard love?
2. What does Doc say Pulver has been telling him?
(a) That Roberts is a loser.
(b) Tales about his sexual prowess.
(c) Stories about the battlefront.
(d) That he is leaving the ship soon.
3. For what is Pulver looking in Roberts' locker?
(b) A shoebox.
(c) A knife.
(d) A letter.
4. In which branch of the military is Roberts enlisted?
(a) Air Force.
(b) Coast Guard.
5. Why does the Captain not want Roberts to leave his ship?
(a) He is afraid for Roberts' safety if he goes to battle.
(b) He will miss Roberts' friendship too much.
(c) He wants to make Roberts miserable.
(d) Because Roberts' skills help the Captain.
6. What type of study does Roberts quit before becoming a sailor?
(a) Medical school.
(b) Law school.
(c) Veterinary school.
(d) Graduate school.
7. What do Roberts and the Captain hear coming from the port while they are arguing about liberty?
(d) The men crying.
8. What is Dolan asked to do for Roberts?
(a) Cover his chores.
(b) Leave him alone.
(c) Iron his uniform.
(d) Type a letter.
9. How does Roberts seem to view the cargo ship's role in the war compared with a battleship's role in the war?
(a) He thinks that they are equally important.
(b) He sees the battleship's role as less important.
(c) He believes that both ships are inferior to the role of airplanes.
(d) He sees the cargo ship's role as being inferior.
10. How long has it been since the sailors have had a vacation?
(a) Six months.
(b) 18 months.
(c) Two years.
(d) One year.
11. What does Doc think about the cargo ship?
(a) That is performs a necessary job in the war.
(b) That is it like being on a cruise ship.
(c) That is smells like fish and sweat.
(d) That it is pointless in comparison with other ships.
12. Who is the only sailor on the ship who has been to the port where they men are going to have their liberty?
13. What does the Captain say Roberts must do so that the men will be allowed liberty?
(a) Roberts must stay on the ship while the men go ashore.
(b) Roberts must leave the ship and never come back.
(c) Roberts must leave Pulver on the island.
(d) Roberts must promise to not write any more transfer requests.
14. What does Roberts accuse the Captain of doing by not allowing them to go on liberty?
(a) Abusing his power.
(b) Being a dictator.
(c) Imprisoning the men.
(d) Acting like a child.
15. Why does the Captain tell Roberts not to release any of the fresh fruit while they are unloading cargo?
(a) He has to make sure they are properly recorded first.
(b) He is saving it for a friend.
(c) He wants it for himself.
(d) The fruit is making other sailors ill.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the only sailor that appears calm in preparation for the liberty?
2. What does the Captain call Roberts after they settle their argument about the men's liberty?
3. Why has the Captain not issued the orders for the men to go ashore even though they are ready for their liberty?
4. What happens to the Captain every time he gets angry at Roberts?
5. What does Dowdy request from Roberts as they unload the cargo?
This section contains 587 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)