|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Miss Girard catch the sailors on the ship doing?
(a) Stealing food from the kitchen.
(b) Spying on the nurses as they shower.
(c) Making inappropriate comments about her.
(d) Making fun of Pulver.
2. Who is the only sailor on the ship who has been to the port where they men are going to have their liberty?
3. What job does Pulver truly hold on the cargo ship?
(a) Laundry officer.
(b) Second engineer.
(c) Private First Class.
4. What does Pulver call the nurse with whom he is hoping to be?
(a) Honey buns.
(b) Little lemon.
(c) Dumb little blonde.
(d) Beautiful canary.
5. What type of men does the Captain say he resents?
(a) Mama's boys.
(b) Indecisive men.
(c) College-educated men.
(d) Hero worshipping men.
6. What gift does Roberts take to the Port Director?
(a) Chocolate chip cookies.
(b) Scotch whisky.
(c) A new spyglass.
(d) New trousers.
7. What does Roberts accuse the Captain of doing by not allowing them to go on liberty?
(a) Imprisoning the men.
(b) Abusing his power.
(c) Acting like a child.
(d) Being a dictator.
8. According to the Captain, what "pre-voked" him about the men getting liberty?
(a) That liberty means the men will get lazy.
(b) That the men have only one week of liberty.
(c) That it is not at the port he requested.
(d) That it was arranged by Roberts and the Port Director.
9. What is Dolan asked to do for Roberts?
(a) Type a letter.
(b) Cover his chores.
(c) Iron his uniform.
(d) Leave him alone.
10. What paper is Roberts holding in his hand when he runs into the doctor early in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) A list of tasks.
(b) A letter to his wife.
(c) An application for transfer.
(d) A page from his journal.
11. Why does the Captain not want Roberts to leave his ship?
(a) He wants to make Roberts miserable.
(b) Because Roberts' skills help the Captain.
(c) He will miss Roberts' friendship too much.
(d) He is afraid for Roberts' safety if he goes to battle.
12. What does Dolan say about Roberts' letter?
(a) It has tons of spelling errors.
(b) The letter is written in excellent handwriting.
(c) It is not a very good letter.
(d) It is the best transfer Roberts' has ever written.
13. What order does the captain shout to the men about their shirts?
(a) All shirts should have pockets.
(b) Shirts are to be worn on deck.
(c) Only black shirts should be worn.
(d) No shirt should have long sleeves.
14. Who says that Roberts' is stupid for "chasing death?"
(c) The Captain.
15. For what is Pulver looking in Roberts' locker?
(a) A letter.
(b) A shoebox.
(d) A knife.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Captain call Roberts after they settle their argument about the men's liberty?
2. What type of fruit is in the crates Roberts gives to the officer?
3. What does Pulver say he is going to put under the Captain's bed?
4. How does the Captain punish Roberts when he becomes angry at Roberts for disobeying him?
5. About what does Miss Girard say the nurses have been talking?
This section contains 547 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)