|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why can't Pulver have lunch with the Captain?
(a) He is on watch for the afternoon.
(b) The Captain has ordered him to his barracks.
(c) He has to finish his chores.
(d) He has to go to the hospital on the island.
2. What does the Captain call Roberts after they settle their argument about the men's liberty?
(c) College fella.
(d) Number one.
3. What are Pulver, Doc, and Roberts making with Coca Cola, medication, alcohol, and iodine?
(a) Something that will work like lighter fluid.
(b) A cleaner for the floors.
(c) Something that tastes like scotch.
4. What type of study does Roberts quit before becoming a sailor?
(a) Graduate school.
(b) Law school.
(c) Medical school.
(d) Veterinary school.
5. What order does the captain shout to the men about their shirts?
(a) Only black shirts should be worn.
(b) No shirt should have long sleeves.
(c) All shirts should have pockets.
(d) Shirts are to be worn on deck.
6. About what does Miss Girard say the nurses have been talking?
(a) Putting up curtains.
(b) How much they love cocktails.
(c) Coming out to visit the ship.
(d) How handsome Pulver is.
7. What reasons does the Captain give for canceling liberty for the men?
(a) Their bad attitudes.
(b) Security concerns.
(c) They have been called to join the battle.
(d) The anchor is broken and they cannot stop.
8. According to Dolan, when will the Captain need a bucket?
(a) When he gets seasick.
(b) When he sees how dirty Pulver's room is.
(c) When he reads Roberts' letter.
(d) When the cook serves his Seaman Surprise for dinner.
9. What does Pulver say he is going to put under the Captain's bed?
(a) A letter from Roberts.
(b) A firecracker.
(c) A thank you card.
(d) A dead fish.
10. According to the Captain, what "pre-voked" him about the men getting liberty?
(a) That liberty means the men will get lazy.
(b) That it is not at the port he requested.
(c) That the men have only one week of liberty.
(d) That it was arranged by Roberts and the Port Director.
11. What do Roberts and the Captain hear coming from the port while they are arguing about liberty?
(a) The men crying.
12. Who lies about seeing women in the spyglass?
13. Why does Miss Girard ask Pulver to call a boat?
(a) She needs to get back to the hospital.
(b) She has begun to feel sea sick.
(c) She dislikes how rowdy the sailors are.
(d) She finds Pulver boring.
14. What paper is Roberts holding in his hand when he runs into the doctor early in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) An application for transfer.
(b) A letter to his wife.
(c) A list of tasks.
(d) A page from his journal.
15. How does Roberts respond when the messenger tells him the Captain would like to see him?
(a) Roberts goes running.
(b) Roberts says he will be there in 30 minutes.
(c) Roberts says nothing and walks away.
(d) Roberts says he is too busy doing his job.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does Roberts not say about Pulver?
2. What drink do Miss Girard and Roberts joke is their favorite?
3. What does Doc say Pulver has been telling him?
4. What request does the Captain ask of Roberts regarding their conversation about the men's liberty?
5. Why is the Captain so angry with Roberts when he comes out on deck during the supply transfer?
This section contains 639 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)