Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who lies about seeing women in the spyglass?
2. What drink do Miss Girard and Roberts joke is their favorite?
(a) Medical alcohol and orange juice.
(d) Peach Schnapps.
3. Why is the Captain so angry with Roberts when he comes out on deck during the supply transfer?
(a) Because the men do not have their shirts on.
(b) All answers are correct
(c) Because he has just received Roberts' letter.
(d) Because Roberts disobeyed his orders about the fruit.
4. How does Roberts seem to view the cargo ship's role in the war compared with a battleship's role in the war?
(a) He thinks that they are equally important.
(b) He believes that both ships are inferior to the role of airplanes.
(c) He sees the battleship's role as less important.
(d) He sees the cargo ship's role as being inferior.
5. Where does Pulver hide the letter Dolan has typed for Roberts?
(a) In his shoes.
(b) Under a blanket.
(c) In his closet
(d) Under his bed.
6. Over what does the crew argue when the Captain has left the deck?
(a) Whether or not Roberts should have listened to the Captain's orders.
(b) Who gets to take the next application for transfer to the Captain.
(c) Whether or not they should finish their job for the day.
(d) Who gets to sit next to Roberts in the mess hall.
7. What do Roberts and the Captain hear coming from the port while they are arguing about liberty?
(c) The men crying.
8. What type of fruit is in the crates Roberts gives to the officer?
9. What does Doc say Pulver has been telling him?
(a) That Roberts is a loser.
(b) That he is leaving the ship soon.
(c) Stories about the battlefront.
(d) Tales about his sexual prowess.
10. According to the Captain, what "pre-voked" him about the men getting liberty?
(a) That liberty means the men will get lazy.
(b) That it is not at the port he requested.
(c) That it was arranged by Roberts and the Port Director.
(d) That the men have only one week of liberty.
11. What gift does Roberts take to the Port Director?
(a) A new spyglass.
(b) Scotch whisky.
(c) New trousers.
(d) Chocolate chip cookies.
12. What position does Miss Girard hold for the nurses?
(a) Mail officer.
(b) Head nurse.
(c) Laundry officer.
(d) Nurses assistant.
13. What does Dowdy request from Roberts as they unload the cargo?
(a) A water break.
(b) Some lunch.
(c) That the men be allowed to take off their shirts.
(d) That he be allowed to go to the infirmary.
14. What happens to the Captain every time he gets angry at Roberts?
(a) He is left speechless.
(b) He cries.
(c) He hits things.
(d) He gets nauseated.
15. When will Roberts finally respect Pulver?
(a) When he treats ladies with respect.
(b) When he gets onto a real battleship.
(c) When he goes through with a prank and confesses to it.
(d) When he can beat up Roberts.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Roberts accuse the Captain of doing by not allowing them to go on liberty?
2. According to Dolan, when will the Captain need a bucket?
3. Because it is so hot, what happens while the sailors are unloading cargo?
4. According to the Captain, Pulver is the only officer who does what to the Captain?
5. For what is Pulver looking in Roberts' locker?
This section contains 607 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)