|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What position does Roberts tell Miss Girard he holds on the ship?
(a) Laundry officer.
(c) Executive officer
2. Which of the following does Roberts not say about Pulver?
(a) He is too preoccupied by sex.
(b) He is a great shot.
(c) He is a great guy.
(d) He is lazy.
3. According to the Captain, what "pre-voked" him about the men getting liberty?
(a) That the men have only one week of liberty.
(b) That it is not at the port he requested.
(c) That liberty means the men will get lazy.
(d) That it was arranged by Roberts and the Port Director.
4. What type of fruit is in the crates Roberts gives to the officer?
5. Besides the nearby island, on what does Dowdy comment when he first joins Roberts?
(a) The breakfast they have had that morning.
(b) His aching back.
(c) The captain.
(d) The heat.
6. What gift does Roberts take to the Port Director?
(a) Scotch whisky.
(b) Chocolate chip cookies.
(c) New trousers.
(d) A new spyglass.
7. What are Pulver, Doc, and Roberts making with Coca Cola, medication, alcohol, and iodine?
(a) A cleaner for the floors.
(b) Something that tastes like scotch.
(d) Something that will work like lighter fluid.
8. What position on the ship does Pulver hold?
(b) First Mate.
9. What does Roberts pick up at the end of Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) His bottle of scotch.
(b) A mop and pail.
(c) The spyglass.
(d) His next request for transfer.
10. What request does the Captain ask of Roberts regarding their conversation about the men's liberty?
(a) Keep it secret.
(b) Make sure it is recorded as proof of Roberts dissension.
(c) Write a letter about it to the Commander.
(d) Tell the men about it when they return from liberty.
11. What does Dolan say about Roberts' letter?
(a) It is not a very good letter.
(b) The letter is written in excellent handwriting.
(c) It is the best transfer Roberts' has ever written.
(d) It has tons of spelling errors.
12. How does Roberts respond when the messenger tells him the Captain would like to see him?
(a) Roberts says he will be there in 30 minutes.
(b) Roberts goes running.
(c) Roberts says he is too busy doing his job.
(d) Roberts says nothing and walks away.
13. How does Roberts seem to view the cargo ship's role in the war compared with a battleship's role in the war?
(a) He believes that both ships are inferior to the role of airplanes.
(b) He sees the cargo ship's role as being inferior.
(c) He sees the battleship's role as less important.
(d) He thinks that they are equally important.
14. According to the Captain, Pulver is the only officer who does what to the Captain?
(a) Jokes around with him.
15. What is Dolan asked to do for Roberts?
(a) Cover his chores.
(b) Leave him alone.
(c) Type a letter.
(d) Iron his uniform.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Pulver hide the letter Dolan has typed for Roberts?
2. What reasons does the Captain give for canceling liberty for the men?
3. What lies about the ship does Pulver tell Miss Girard?
4. What order does the Captain give Roberts regarding his letter writing?
5. When Miss Girard talks about her nickname, how does Pulver respond?
This section contains 641 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)