|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Miss Girard ask Pulver to call a boat?
(a) She finds Pulver boring.
(b) She has begun to feel sea sick.
(c) She needs to get back to the hospital.
(d) She dislikes how rowdy the sailors are.
2. What item is a trophy of excellence for the Captain?
(a) A gold compass.
(b) A palm tree.
(c) A trophy.
(d) A leather bound book.
3. What are Pulver, Doc, and Roberts making with Coca Cola, medication, alcohol, and iodine?
(b) Something that will work like lighter fluid.
(c) A cleaner for the floors.
(d) Something that tastes like scotch.
4. What does Dowdy request from Roberts as they unload the cargo?
(a) That the men be allowed to take off their shirts.
(b) A water break.
(c) That he be allowed to go to the infirmary.
(d) Some lunch.
5. Who is the only sailor that appears calm in preparation for the liberty?
6. What does Roberts pick up at the end of Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) His bottle of scotch.
(b) A mop and pail.
(c) His next request for transfer.
(d) The spyglass.
7. What gift does Roberts take to the Port Director?
(a) New trousers.
(b) Scotch whisky.
(c) A new spyglass.
(d) Chocolate chip cookies.
8. What does Roberts do to Pulver in jest when the Captain leaves the deck?
(a) Roberts gives Pulver a noogie.
(b) Roberts calls Pulver a suck-up.
(c) Roberts salutes Pulver.
(d) Roberts calls Pulver "Captain."
9. Who reveals to Roberts that the Captain has received his transfer request letter?
(d) The Messenger.
10. Where does Pulver hide the letter Dolan has typed for Roberts?
(a) In his closet
(b) In his shoes.
(c) Under a blanket.
(d) Under his bed.
11. What do the sailors do when they hear that their liberty is not canceled after all?
(a) They sing.
(b) They shout angrily.
(c) They boo the Captain.
(d) They give three cheers.
12. What does Roberts tell Doc he spots while on watch the previous night?
(a) Storm clouds fast approaching.
(b) A formation of battleships in the distance.
(c) An unlucky omen.
(d) A fire on a nearby ship.
13. What does Pulver call the nurse with whom he is hoping to be?
(a) Little lemon.
(b) Dumb little blonde.
(c) Honey buns.
(d) Beautiful canary.
14. What happens to the Captain every time he gets angry at Roberts?
(a) He cries.
(b) He hits things.
(c) He is left speechless.
(d) He gets nauseated.
15. What does the Captain assume about Pulver since he never sees Pulver around?
(a) That Pulver is always a step ahead.
(b) Tha Pulver is sneaking off the ship.
(c) That Pulver is lazy.
(d) That Pulver is always busy doing his job.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the Captain so angry with Roberts when he comes out on deck during the supply transfer?
2. What order does the captain shout to the men about their shirts?
3. What position does Miss Girard hold for the nurses?
4. In which branch of the military is Roberts enlisted?
5. What does the Captain see when he gets on deck that he considers to be insubordination by the crew?
This section contains 574 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)