|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What position does Roberts tell Miss Girard he holds on the ship?
(b) Laundry officer.
(d) Executive officer
2. What do the sailors notice is being built on a nearby island?
(a) An airport.
(d) A hotel.
3. At what port are the sailors going to have liberty?
(a) Rio Pico.
(b) Blue Bay.
4. Why is the Captain so angry with Roberts when he comes out on deck during the supply transfer?
(a) All answers are correct
(b) Because the men do not have their shirts on.
(c) Because Roberts disobeyed his orders about the fruit.
(d) Because he has just received Roberts' letter.
5. Why does Miss Girard ask Pulver to call a boat?
(a) She has begun to feel sea sick.
(b) She dislikes how rowdy the sailors are.
(c) She needs to get back to the hospital.
(d) She finds Pulver boring.
6. What item is a trophy of excellence for the Captain?
(a) A trophy.
(b) A palm tree.
(c) A gold compass.
(d) A leather bound book.
7. Why does the Captain tell Roberts not to release any of the fresh fruit while they are unloading cargo?
(a) The fruit is making other sailors ill.
(b) He is saving it for a friend.
(c) He wants it for himself.
(d) He has to make sure they are properly recorded first.
8. What does Roberts accuse the Captain of doing by not allowing them to go on liberty?
(a) Abusing his power.
(b) Imprisoning the men.
(c) Being a dictator.
(d) Acting like a child.
9. What warning phrase do the sailors shout when spying on the women showering?
(a) May day.
(c) Flash Red.
10. In which branch of the military is Roberts enlisted?
(a) Coast Guard.
(c) Air Force.
11. At the beginning of the play, with which shipmate is Roberts talking?
12. What type of study does Roberts quit before becoming a sailor?
(a) Veterinary school.
(b) Graduate school.
(c) Law school.
(d) Medical school.
13. Who says that Roberts' is stupid for "chasing death?"
(c) The Captain.
14. What type of men does the Captain say he resents?
(a) College-educated men.
(b) Hero worshipping men.
(c) Indecisive men.
(d) Mama's boys.
15. What does the Captain see when he gets on deck that he considers to be insubordination by the crew?
(a) The men with their shirts off.
(b) The men joking around and not working.
(c) The men talking about how much they wish they were off the ship.
(d) Roberts and the men making fun of the Captain.
Short Answer Questions
1. What position does Miss Girard hold for the nurses?
2. What does Miss Girard catch the sailors on the ship doing?
3. What drink do Miss Girard and Roberts joke is their favorite?
4. During which war is this play set?
5. What does Dolan say about Roberts' letter?
This section contains 513 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)