|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Miss Girard wants whom to join her and Pulver for a drink?
(b) The Captain.
2. Why can't Pulver have lunch with the Captain?
(a) He has to go to the hospital on the island.
(b) He has to finish his chores.
(c) He is on watch for the afternoon.
(d) The Captain has ordered him to his barracks.
3. What does Doc say Pulver has been telling him?
(a) Tales about his sexual prowess.
(b) That Roberts is a loser.
(c) Stories about the battlefront.
(d) That he is leaving the ship soon.
4. What type of fruit is in the crates Roberts gives to the officer?
5. Why has the Captain not issued the orders for the men to go ashore even though they are ready for their liberty?
(a) He is sleeping.
(b) He is waiting to receive his commands.
(c) He is punishing them.
(d) He is eating lunch.
6. Why is the Captain so angry with Roberts when he comes out on deck during the supply transfer?
(a) Because the men do not have their shirts on.
(b) All answers are correct
(c) Because he has just received Roberts' letter.
(d) Because Roberts disobeyed his orders about the fruit.
7. What sort of punishment does the Captain says Roberts deserves as they argue about liberty for the men?
(a) A few nights in the brig.
(b) A lashing.
(c) A Court Marshal.
(d) A demotion.
8. What does the Captain reference when talking about his success with Roberts?
(a) The Commodore.
(b) The ship.
(c) His Medals of Honor.
(d) The Palm Tree.
9. What does the Captain say Roberts' letters will do for his reputation?
(a) Damage his reputation with the commanding officers.
(b) Make his ship sound like the boring ship.
(c) Give him a reputation for being a patient leader.
(d) Help his reputation as a merciful Captain.
10. In which branch of the military is Roberts enlisted?
(a) Coast Guard.
(c) Air Force.
11. What do the sailors do when they hear that their liberty is not canceled after all?
(a) They shout angrily.
(b) They boo the Captain.
(c) They sing.
(d) They give three cheers.
12. How long does the officer picking up supplies say it has been since his ship has had fresh fruit?
(a) Four months.
(b) Five months.
(c) Two months.
(d) One year.
13. After finishing his notice about liberty being canceled, at what does the Captain glance?
(a) A mirror.
(b) His watch.
(c) A picture of himself.
(d) His trophy.
14. In what geographical location are the sailors having their liberty?
(a) The Caribbean.
(b) The North Atlantic.
15. Who says that Roberts' is stupid for "chasing death?"
(b) The Captain.
Short Answer Questions
1. What warning phrase do the sailors shout when spying on the women showering?
2. What position on the ship does Pulver hold?
3. For what is Pulver looking in Roberts' locker?
4. What do the sailors notice is being built on a nearby island?
5. What job does Pulver truly hold on the cargo ship?
This section contains 497 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)