Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the Captain not want Roberts to leave his ship?
(a) He will miss Roberts' friendship too much.
(b) He is afraid for Roberts' safety if he goes to battle.
(c) Because Roberts' skills help the Captain.
(d) He wants to make Roberts miserable.
2. What do the sailors do when they hear that their liberty is not canceled after all?
(a) They shout angrily.
(b) They sing.
(c) They give three cheers.
(d) They boo the Captain.
3. What sort of punishment does the Captain says Roberts deserves as they argue about liberty for the men?
(a) A few nights in the brig.
(b) A lashing.
(c) A Court Marshal.
(d) A demotion.
4. What does the Captain call Roberts after they settle their argument about the men's liberty?
(a) College fella.
(c) Number one.
5. What drink do Miss Girard and Roberts joke is their favorite?
(a) Peach Schnapps.
(c) Medical alcohol and orange juice.
6. What gift does Roberts take to the Port Director?
(a) Chocolate chip cookies.
(b) A new spyglass.
(c) New trousers.
(d) Scotch whisky.
7. What does Roberts tell Doc he spots while on watch the previous night?
(a) A fire on a nearby ship.
(b) Storm clouds fast approaching.
(c) A formation of battleships in the distance.
(d) An unlucky omen.
8. What is the first question Roberts' asks Pulver when he gets back to their room?
(a) What Pulver is doing in his locker.
(b) Whether Dolan has brought his letter.
(c) Where the Captain is.
(d) Why it is so hot in the room.
9. What do the sailors notice is being built on a nearby island?
(b) A hotel.
(d) An airport.
10. According to the Captain, Pulver is the only officer who does what to the Captain?
(c) Jokes around with him.
11. How long does the officer picking up supplies say it has been since his ship has had fresh fruit?
(a) Four months.
(b) Five months.
(c) One year.
(d) Two months.
12. Who says that Roberts' is stupid for "chasing death?"
(b) The Captain.
13. Who is the only sailor on the ship who has been to the port where they men are going to have their liberty?
14. What does Miss Girard catch the sailors on the ship doing?
(a) Stealing food from the kitchen.
(b) Making inappropriate comments about her.
(c) Making fun of Pulver.
(d) Spying on the nurses as they shower.
15. Who is the only sailor that appears calm in preparation for the liberty?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Captain say Roberts must do so that the men will be allowed liberty?
2. At what port are the sailors going to have liberty?
3. How does Roberts seem to view the cargo ship's role in the war compared with a battleship's role in the war?
4. For what does Roberts ask the Port Director?
5. According to Dolan, when will the Captain need a bucket?
This section contains 581 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)