|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What position does Miss Girard hold for the nurses?
(a) Head nurse.
(b) Laundry officer.
(c) Nurses assistant.
(d) Mail officer.
2. What order does the Captain give Roberts regarding his letter writing?
(a) Roberts cannot order other men to write his letters.
(b) Roberts has to write more convincing letters.
(c) Roberts is not to write any more letters.
(d) Roberts can write another letter once he has been more obedient.
3. What does Roberts pick up at the end of Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) The spyglass.
(b) His bottle of scotch.
(c) His next request for transfer.
(d) A mop and pail.
4. What does the Captain call Roberts after they settle their argument about the men's liberty?
(b) College fella.
(d) Number one.
5. Who reveals to Roberts that the Captain has received his transfer request letter?
(d) The Messenger.
6. What does Pulver say he is going to put under the Captain's bed?
(a) A thank you card.
(b) A dead fish.
(c) A firecracker.
(d) A letter from Roberts.
7. Why is the Captain so angry with Roberts when he comes out on deck during the supply transfer?
(a) Because he has just received Roberts' letter.
(b) All answers are correct
(c) Because the men do not have their shirts on.
(d) Because Roberts disobeyed his orders about the fruit.
8. What does the Captain say Roberts' letters will do for his reputation?
(a) Damage his reputation with the commanding officers.
(b) Give him a reputation for being a patient leader.
(c) Make his ship sound like the boring ship.
(d) Help his reputation as a merciful Captain.
9. Why does Miss Girard ask Pulver to call a boat?
(a) She dislikes how rowdy the sailors are.
(b) She finds Pulver boring.
(c) She needs to get back to the hospital.
(d) She has begun to feel sea sick.
10. At the beginning of the play, with which shipmate is Roberts talking?
11. What warning phrase do the sailors shout when spying on the women showering?
(b) May day.
(d) Flash Red.
12. Why can't Pulver have lunch with the Captain?
(a) The Captain has ordered him to his barracks.
(b) He is on watch for the afternoon.
(c) He has to finish his chores.
(d) He has to go to the hospital on the island.
13. At what port are the sailors going to have liberty?
(a) Rio Pico.
(d) Blue Bay.
14. In which branch of the military is Roberts enlisted?
(b) Air Force.
(c) Coast Guard.
15. Why do the sailors want to go to an island near their ship?
(a) To be placed on a new ship.
(b) For more supplies.
(c) They are sea sick.
(d) For liberty.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what geographical location are the sailors having their liberty?
2. What position on the ship does Pulver hold?
3. What does Miss Girard catch the sailors on the ship doing?
4. What reasons does the Captain give for canceling liberty for the men?
5. Over what does the crew argue when the Captain has left the deck?
This section contains 568 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)