Short Answer Key
Act 1, Scene 1
1. What item is a trophy of excellence for the Captain?
A palm tree.
2. What paper is Roberts holding in his hand when he runs into the doctor early in Act 1, Scene 1?
An application for transfer.
3. What do the sailors notice is being built on a nearby island?
4. What is Dolan asked to do for Roberts?
Type a letter.
5. What warning phrase do the sailors shout when spying on the women showering?
6. Who lies about seeing women in the spyglass?
7. Why do the sailors want to go to an island near their ship?
8. What order does the captain shout to the men about their shirts?
Shirts are to be worn on deck.
9. What does Doc say Pulver has been telling him?
Tales about his sexual prowess.
This section contains 3,036 words|
(approx. 11 pages at 300 words per page)