|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pulver tell the guard watching over the Captain's palm trees?
(a) That it is dinner time.
(b) That the Captain hates him.
(c) That he will take over guarding the trees.
(d) That the Captain has decided not to have a guard for the trees.
2. What does Roberts tell Doc he spots while on watch the previous night?
(a) A formation of battleships in the distance.
(b) An unlucky omen.
(c) Storm clouds fast approaching.
(d) A fire on a nearby ship.
3. How does Pulver respond when asked to address some of the crew's issues with the Captain?
(a) He asks Doc what he should do.
(b) He says he will take care of the situation in his own way.
(c) He says "No."
(d) He calls Roberts for advice.
4. What does the radio commentary on the loud speaker suggest at the end of Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Pearl Harbor has been bombed.
(b) The war in Europe is coming to an end.
(c) More countries may soon be overrun.
(d) The war will be reaching England soon.
5. According to Dolan, the communication he receives asking men to apply for a transfer also asks them to have how many years experience?
(a) At least 6.
(b) Only 6 months.
(c) No more than 1.
(d) At least 2.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the sailors want to go to an island near their ship?
2. What does the Captain call the act of getting rid of his palm tree?
3. Why has the Captain not issued the orders for the men to go ashore even though they are ready for their liberty?
4. Who does the radio announcer commend for winning the war in Europe?
5. At the dance, with how many soldiers do the sailors start a fight?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)