|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Captain say Roberts must do so that the men will be allowed liberty?
(a) Roberts must promise to not write any more transfer requests.
(b) Roberts must leave Pulver on the island.
(c) Roberts must stay on the ship while the men go ashore.
(d) Roberts must leave the ship and never come back.
2. For what does Roberts ask the Port Director?
(a) A recommendation to his captain.
(b) Liberty for the men.
(c) A job with the port authority.
(d) A longer vacation for himself.
3. What do Roberts and the Captain hear coming from the port while they are arguing about liberty?
(d) The men crying.
4. What does Roberts do to the Captain's palm tree before throwing it overboard?
(a) Salutes it.
(b) Lights it on fire.
(c) Rips all the branches off.
(d) Urinates on it.
5. What does the Captain do when he finds that his palm tree is gone?
(a) He sounds the general alarm.
(b) He cries.
(c) He rushes to talk with Roberts.
(d) He goes to tell the Admiral.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who lies about seeing women in the spyglass?
2. How are the Captain's actions best described in Act 1, Scene 6?
3. What might Roberts get if he does a good job keeping the crew in line?
4. Who has already typed up the transfer letter for Roberts once the news comes out that men are needed to transfer to combat?
5. What do the sailors yell when they see Roberts coming on deck?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)