|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scenes 5 and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Captain reference when talking about his success with Roberts?
(a) The Commodore.
(b) His Medals of Honor.
(c) The ship.
(d) The Palm Tree.
2. What does Dolan say about Roberts' letter?
(a) The letter is written in excellent handwriting.
(b) It is not a very good letter.
(c) It has tons of spelling errors.
(d) It is the best transfer Roberts' has ever written.
3. What is the first question Roberts' asks Pulver when he gets back to their room?
(a) Why it is so hot in the room.
(b) Where the Captain is.
(c) Whether Dolan has brought his letter.
(d) What Pulver is doing in his locker.
4. Who says that Roberts' is stupid for "chasing death?"
(a) The Captain.
5. What job does Pulver truly hold on the cargo ship?
(a) Laundry officer.
(c) Private First Class.
(d) Second engineer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of study does Roberts quit before becoming a sailor?
2. What do the sailors do when they hear that their liberty is not canceled after all?
3. How much money is bet by the sailors that Miss Girard is the nurse with the birthmark on her bottom?
4. At the beginning of the play, with which shipmate is Roberts talking?
5. What order does the captain shout to the men about their shirts?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)