|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scenes 5 and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who reveals to Roberts that the Captain has received his transfer request letter?
(c) The Messenger.
2. Why has the Captain not issued the orders for the men to go ashore even though they are ready for their liberty?
(a) He is waiting to receive his commands.
(b) He is eating lunch.
(c) He is punishing them.
(d) He is sleeping.
3. Over what does the crew argue when the Captain has left the deck?
(a) Whether or not Roberts should have listened to the Captain's orders.
(b) Who gets to take the next application for transfer to the Captain.
(c) Who gets to sit next to Roberts in the mess hall.
(d) Whether or not they should finish their job for the day.
4. In what geographical location are the sailors having their liberty?
(b) The Caribbean.
(c) The North Atlantic.
5. Because it is so hot, what happens while the sailors are unloading cargo?
(a) A sailor has an asthma attack.
(b) Some of the sailors jump into the sea for a swim.
(c) Some of the food goes bad.
(d) A sailor passes out.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Doc say Pulver has been telling him?
2. Which type of alcohol does Miss Girard love?
3. What do Roberts and the Captain hear coming from the port while they are arguing about liberty?
4. What type of men does the Captain say he resents?
5. What request does the Captain ask of Roberts regarding their conversation about the men's liberty?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)