|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scenes 5 and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Roberts pick up at the end of Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) His next request for transfer.
(b) A mop and pail.
(c) His bottle of scotch.
(d) The spyglass.
2. Which type of alcohol does Miss Girard love?
3. What paper is Roberts holding in his hand when he runs into the doctor early in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) A letter to his wife.
(b) A list of tasks.
(c) An application for transfer.
(d) A page from his journal.
4. When Miss Girard talks about her nickname, how does Pulver respond?
(a) He gets very embarrassed.
(b) He tells her a story about his nickname.
(c) He tells her she is being inappropriate.
(d) He tells her he does not know about what she is talking.
5. Who tells the sailors that it is time to start their daily work?
Short Answer Questions
1. What lies about the ship does Pulver tell Miss Girard?
2. What position does Miss Girard hold for the nurses?
3. What position does Roberts truly hold on the ship?
4. At the beginning of the play, with which shipmate is Roberts talking?
5. What does Dowdy request from Roberts as they unload the cargo?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)