|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following does Roberts not say about Pulver?
(a) He is a great shot.
(b) He is a great guy.
(c) He is too preoccupied by sex.
(d) He is lazy.
2. About what does Miss Girard say the nurses have been talking?
(a) How much they love cocktails.
(b) Putting up curtains.
(c) Coming out to visit the ship.
(d) How handsome Pulver is.
3. Why does Roberts shut off the radio?
(a) There is too much static to hear the reports.
(b) Only songs in foreign languages are playing.
(c) He decides to try and take a nap.
(d) The reports about the war action make him angry.
4. What does the Captain assume about Pulver since he never sees Pulver around?
(a) Tha Pulver is sneaking off the ship.
(b) That Pulver is lazy.
(c) That Pulver is always a step ahead.
(d) That Pulver is always busy doing his job.
5. In which branch of the military is Roberts enlisted?
(a) Coast Guard.
(c) Air Force.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the sailors want to go to an island near their ship?
2. What does Roberts pick up at the end of Act 1, Scene 4?
3. Why can't Pulver have lunch with the Captain?
4. How long has it been since the sailors have had a vacation?
5. At the beginning of the play, with which shipmate is Roberts talking?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)