|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Roberts shut off the radio?
(a) He decides to try and take a nap.
(b) The reports about the war action make him angry.
(c) There is too much static to hear the reports.
(d) Only songs in foreign languages are playing.
2. For what does Roberts ask the Port Director?
(a) A recommendation to his captain.
(b) A longer vacation for himself.
(c) Liberty for the men.
(d) A job with the port authority.
3. Where does Pulver hide the letter Dolan has typed for Roberts?
(a) In his closet
(b) Under a blanket.
(c) Under his bed.
(d) In his shoes.
4. What position on the ship does Pulver hold?
(c) First Mate.
5. Who is the only sailor on the ship who has been to the port where they men are going to have their liberty?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following best describes the Captain's actions in Act 1, Scene3?
2. Why do the sailors want to go to an island near their ship?
3. How does Roberts respond when the messenger tells him the Captain would like to see him?
4. According to the Captain, Pulver is the only officer who does what to the Captain?
5. What does Miss Girard catch the sailors on the ship doing?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)