|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Captain assume about Pulver since he never sees Pulver around?
(a) That Pulver is always a step ahead.
(b) Tha Pulver is sneaking off the ship.
(c) That Pulver is lazy.
(d) That Pulver is always busy doing his job.
2. Who says that Roberts' is stupid for "chasing death?"
(c) The Captain.
3. When will Roberts finally respect Pulver?
(a) When he gets onto a real battleship.
(b) When he treats ladies with respect.
(c) When he can beat up Roberts.
(d) When he goes through with a prank and confesses to it.
4. What warning phrase do the sailors shout when spying on the women showering?
(b) Flash Red.
(c) May day.
5. What does Dowdy request from Roberts as they unload the cargo?
(a) Some lunch.
(b) That the men be allowed to take off their shirts.
(c) A water break.
(d) That he be allowed to go to the infirmary.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the Captain punish Roberts when he becomes angry at Roberts for disobeying him?
2. What paper is Roberts holding in his hand when he runs into the doctor early in Act 1, Scene 1?
3. What are Pulver, Doc, and Roberts making with Coca Cola, medication, alcohol, and iodine?
4. Which of the following does Roberts not say about Pulver?
5. How does Roberts seem to view the cargo ship's role in the war compared with a battleship's role in the war?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)