|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what is Pulver looking in Roberts' locker?
(a) A shoebox.
(b) A letter.
(d) A knife.
2. What does the Captain see when he gets on deck that he considers to be insubordination by the crew?
(a) The men with their shirts off.
(b) The men talking about how much they wish they were off the ship.
(c) The men joking around and not working.
(d) Roberts and the men making fun of the Captain.
3. What type of study does Roberts quit before becoming a sailor?
(a) Law school.
(b) Veterinary school.
(c) Medical school.
(d) Graduate school.
4. What paper is Roberts holding in his hand when he runs into the doctor early in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) A list of tasks.
(b) An application for transfer.
(c) A letter to his wife.
(d) A page from his journal.
5. What does the Captain say Roberts' letters will do for his reputation?
(a) Make his ship sound like the boring ship.
(b) Give him a reputation for being a patient leader.
(c) Help his reputation as a merciful Captain.
(d) Damage his reputation with the commanding officers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why can't Pulver have lunch with the Captain?
2. How long has it been since the sailors have had a vacation?
3. Which of the following best describes the Captain's actions in Act 1, Scene3?
4. Why does the Captain tell Roberts not to release any of the fresh fruit while they are unloading cargo?
5. What does Roberts do to Pulver in jest when the Captain leaves the deck?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)