|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Captain see when he gets on deck that he considers to be insubordination by the crew?
(a) Roberts and the men making fun of the Captain.
(b) The men talking about how much they wish they were off the ship.
(c) The men with their shirts off.
(d) The men joking around and not working.
2. How does Roberts respond when the messenger tells him the Captain would like to see him?
(a) Roberts says nothing and walks away.
(b) Roberts goes running.
(c) Roberts says he is too busy doing his job.
(d) Roberts says he will be there in 30 minutes.
3. What does Doc say Pulver has been telling him?
(a) That Roberts is a loser.
(b) That he is leaving the ship soon.
(c) Stories about the battlefront.
(d) Tales about his sexual prowess.
4. What does Dolan say about Roberts' letter?
(a) It has tons of spelling errors.
(b) It is the best transfer Roberts' has ever written.
(c) It is not a very good letter.
(d) The letter is written in excellent handwriting.
5. According to Dolan, when will the Captain need a bucket?
(a) When he reads Roberts' letter.
(b) When he gets seasick.
(c) When he sees how dirty Pulver's room is.
(d) When the cook serves his Seaman Surprise for dinner.
Short Answer Questions
1. What paper is Roberts holding in his hand when he runs into the doctor early in Act 1, Scene 1?
2. What does Roberts do to Pulver in jest when the Captain leaves the deck?
3. In which branch of the military is Roberts enlisted?
4. How long does the officer picking up supplies say it has been since his ship has had fresh fruit?
5. Why does the Captain tell Roberts not to release any of the fresh fruit while they are unloading cargo?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)