|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Over what does the crew argue when the Captain has left the deck?
(a) Whether or not they should finish their job for the day.
(b) Who gets to take the next application for transfer to the Captain.
(c) Whether or not Roberts should have listened to the Captain's orders.
(d) Who gets to sit next to Roberts in the mess hall.
2. What does Roberts tell Doc he spots while on watch the previous night?
(a) Storm clouds fast approaching.
(b) A fire on a nearby ship.
(c) An unlucky omen.
(d) A formation of battleships in the distance.
3. How does Roberts respond when the messenger tells him the Captain would like to see him?
(a) Roberts says nothing and walks away.
(b) Roberts says he will be there in 30 minutes.
(c) Roberts goes running.
(d) Roberts says he is too busy doing his job.
4. What does Doc say Pulver has been telling him?
(a) That Roberts is a loser.
(b) Stories about the battlefront.
(c) That he is leaving the ship soon.
(d) Tales about his sexual prowess.
5. What gift does Roberts take to the Port Director?
(a) A new spyglass.
(b) Scotch whisky.
(c) Chocolate chip cookies.
(d) New trousers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says that Roberts' is stupid for "chasing death?"
2. Who tells the sailors that it is time to start their daily work?
3. Why do the sailors want to go to an island near their ship?
4. Why can't Pulver have lunch with the Captain?
5. What is the first question Roberts' asks Pulver when he gets back to their room?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)