|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Doc describe the desire to fight?
(a) It is a stupid decision.
(b) It is a passion.
(c) It is a life's calling.
(d) It is a reflex.
2. What is the first question Roberts' asks Pulver when he gets back to their room?
(a) Where the Captain is.
(b) Why it is so hot in the room.
(c) What Pulver is doing in his locker.
(d) Whether Dolan has brought his letter.
3. What do the sailors notice is being built on a nearby island?
(a) An airport.
(c) A hotel.
4. Which of the following does Roberts not say about Pulver?
(a) He is too preoccupied by sex.
(b) He is a great shot.
(c) He is lazy.
(d) He is a great guy.
5. What position on the ship does Pulver hold?
(c) First Mate.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of study does Roberts quit before becoming a sailor?
2. What are Pulver, Doc, and Roberts making with Coca Cola, medication, alcohol, and iodine?
3. How does Roberts seem to view the cargo ship's role in the war compared with a battleship's role in the war?
4. Because it is so hot, what happens while the sailors are unloading cargo?
5. What item is a trophy of excellence for the Captain?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)