|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pulver say he is going to put under the Captain's bed?
(a) A letter from Roberts.
(b) A thank you card.
(c) A dead fish.
(d) A firecracker.
2. How does Doc describe the desire to fight?
(a) It is a life's calling.
(b) It is a passion.
(c) It is a stupid decision.
(d) It is a reflex.
3. What item is a trophy of excellence for the Captain?
(a) A leather bound book.
(b) A gold compass.
(c) A trophy.
(d) A palm tree.
4. Why does Roberts shut off the radio?
(a) The reports about the war action make him angry.
(b) He decides to try and take a nap.
(c) There is too much static to hear the reports.
(d) Only songs in foreign languages are playing.
5. How long has it been since the sailors have had a vacation?
(a) 18 months.
(b) Six months.
(c) Two years.
(d) One year.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of the play, with which shipmate is Roberts talking?
2. What does Roberts tell Doc he spots while on watch the previous night?
3. What is the first question Roberts' asks Pulver when he gets back to their room?
4. What does Dolan say about Roberts' letter?
5. What do the sailors notice is being built on a nearby island?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)