|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During which war is this play set?
(a) Vietnam War.
(b) World War II.
(c) Korean War.
(d) World War I.
2. What happens to the Captain every time he gets angry at Roberts?
(a) He hits things.
(b) He gets nauseated.
(c) He is left speechless.
(d) He cries.
3. What does Dolan say about Roberts' letter?
(a) It is not a very good letter.
(b) It is the best transfer Roberts' has ever written.
(c) It has tons of spelling errors.
(d) The letter is written in excellent handwriting.
4. What order does the captain shout to the men about their shirts?
(a) No shirt should have long sleeves.
(b) Only black shirts should be worn.
(c) Shirts are to be worn on deck.
(d) All shirts should have pockets.
5. What position on the ship does Pulver hold?
(d) First Mate.
Short Answer Questions
1. Besides the nearby island, on what does Dowdy comment when he first joins Roberts?
2. What does Doc think about the cargo ship?
3. Who tells the sailors that it is time to start their daily work?
4. How long has it been since the sailors have had a vacation?
5. What gift does Roberts take to the Port Director?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)