|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Dolan, when will the Captain need a bucket?
(a) When he reads Roberts' letter.
(b) When he gets seasick.
(c) When he sees how dirty Pulver's room is.
(d) When the cook serves his Seaman Surprise for dinner.
2. What are Pulver, Doc, and Roberts making with Coca Cola, medication, alcohol, and iodine?
(a) Something that will work like lighter fluid.
(c) A cleaner for the floors.
(d) Something that tastes like scotch.
3. What does Pulver say he is going to put under the Captain's bed?
(a) A thank you card.
(b) A dead fish.
(c) A firecracker.
(d) A letter from Roberts.
4. Besides the nearby island, on what does Dowdy comment when he first joins Roberts?
(a) The breakfast they have had that morning.
(b) His aching back.
(c) The captain.
(d) The heat.
5. What does Doc say Pulver has been telling him?
(a) Tales about his sexual prowess.
(b) That Roberts is a loser.
(c) That he is leaving the ship soon.
(d) Stories about the battlefront.
Short Answer Questions
1. In which branch of the military is Roberts enlisted?
2. How does Doc describe the desire to fight?
3. What happens to the Captain every time he gets angry at Roberts?
4. What is the first question Roberts' asks Pulver when he gets back to their room?
5. What warning phrase do the sailors shout when spying on the women showering?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)