|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What facts do the sailors hear the Captain say to Roberts over the loudspeaker?
(a) They hear the Captain say Roberts will be court marshalled.
(b) That he and Roberts had made a deal so the men could have liberty.
(c) They hear that the Captain say he will resign.
(d) They hear the Captain say the palm tree is his only friend.
2. After finishing his notice about liberty being canceled, at what does the Captain glance?
(a) His watch.
(b) His trophy.
(c) A mirror.
(d) A picture of himself.
3. The Patrol Officer state some sailors have broken into a house on the island. To whom does this house belong?
(a) An ambassador.
(b) The wealthiest man on the island.
(c) The Commander.
(d) A high ranking general.
4. Who is in the stateroom with Roberts as he is packing to leave the cargo ship?
(b) Doc and Dolan.
(c) Pulver and Doc.
(d) Dowdy and Pulver.
5. How does Roberts react when he hears what he might get as a reward for keeping the men in line?
(a) He is surprised.
(b) He is sad.
(c) He is angry.
(d) He is excited.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the radio announcer commend for winning the war in Europe?
2. At the end of Act 2, Scene 2, how does the crew feel about Roberts' attitude?
3. What has Dolan already done for Roberts after receiving the communication requesting men to transfer to combat?
4. About what does Doc think that Roberts is panicked?
5. The Captain has Roberts take a group of men to the back of the ship and have them do what?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)