|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who reveals to Roberts that the Captain has received his transfer request letter?
(a) The Messenger.
2. What does Roberts ask Doc to do because he really wants to be off the ship?
(a) He asks Doc to help him sneak off the ship.
(b) He asks Doc to talk with the Captain for him.
(c) He asks Doc to request a medical transfer for him.
(d) He asks Doc to report him.
3. What does the Captain say when Roberts goes to stand with the men?
(a) The Captain tells Roberts to move faster into line.
(b) The Captain says all the men are worthless.
(c) The Captain tells Roberts to stand with him.
(d) The Captain asks Roberts to leave his sight.
4. Because it is so hot, what happens while the sailors are unloading cargo?
(a) A sailor has an asthma attack.
(b) A sailor passes out.
(c) Some of the food goes bad.
(d) Some of the sailors jump into the sea for a swim.
5. Why does the Captain tell Roberts not to release any of the fresh fruit while they are unloading cargo?
(a) The fruit is making other sailors ill.
(b) He is saving it for a friend.
(c) He has to make sure they are properly recorded first.
(d) He wants it for himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Captain say Roberts' letters will do for his reputation?
2. What does Pulver say he is going to put under the Captain's bed?
3. What type of study does Roberts quit before becoming a sailor?
4. According to Dolan, why has Roberts allowed the Captain to speak to him the way he does in Act 2, Scene 2?
5. How does Roberts respond when the messenger tells him the Captain would like to see him?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)