|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What paper is Roberts holding in his hand when he runs into the doctor early in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) A letter to his wife.
(b) An application for transfer.
(c) A list of tasks.
(d) A page from his journal.
2. Who tells the sailors that it is time to start their daily work?
3. What does Roberts tell Doc he spots while on watch the previous night?
(a) Storm clouds fast approaching.
(b) An unlucky omen.
(c) A formation of battleships in the distance.
(d) A fire on a nearby ship.
4. What gift does Roberts take to the Port Director?
(a) New trousers.
(b) Scotch whisky.
(c) Chocolate chip cookies.
(d) A new spyglass.
5. Over what does the crew argue when the Captain has left the deck?
(a) Who gets to sit next to Roberts in the mess hall.
(b) Whether or not they should finish their job for the day.
(c) Whether or not Roberts should have listened to the Captain's orders.
(d) Who gets to take the next application for transfer to the Captain.
Short Answer Questions
1. What warning phrase do the sailors shout when spying on the women showering?
2. Why does Roberts shut off the radio?
3. What position does Roberts tell Miss Girard he holds on the ship?
4. Why can't Pulver have lunch with the Captain?
5. What does Dolan say about Roberts' letter?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)