|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Dolan, when will the Captain need a bucket?
(a) When he reads Roberts' letter.
(b) When he gets seasick.
(c) When he sees how dirty Pulver's room is.
(d) When the cook serves his Seaman Surprise for dinner.
2. What position does Roberts tell Miss Girard he holds on the ship?
(a) Executive officer
(d) Laundry officer.
3. What does Roberts pick up at the end of Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) His bottle of scotch.
(b) A mop and pail.
(c) The spyglass.
(d) His next request for transfer.
4. What drink do Miss Girard and Roberts joke is their favorite?
(c) Medical alcohol and orange juice.
(d) Peach Schnapps.
5. Why do the sailors want to go to an island near their ship?
(a) They are sea sick.
(b) To be placed on a new ship.
(c) For liberty.
(d) For more supplies.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of the play, with which shipmate is Roberts talking?
2. What position does Roberts truly hold on the ship?
3. How does Roberts respond when the messenger tells him the Captain would like to see him?
4. What does the Captain see when he gets on deck that he considers to be insubordination by the crew?
5. For what is Pulver looking in Roberts' locker?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)