|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What might Roberts get if he does a good job keeping the crew in line?
(a) A promotion.
(b) An upgrade to a single cabin.
(c) A transfer to a battleship.
(d) An extended leave.
2. What do Roberts and the Captain hear coming from the port while they are arguing about liberty?
(b) The men crying.
3. What order does the Captain give Roberts regarding his letter writing?
(a) Roberts is not to write any more letters.
(b) Roberts has to write more convincing letters.
(c) Roberts cannot order other men to write his letters.
(d) Roberts can write another letter once he has been more obedient.
4. For what does Roberts ask the Port Director?
(a) Liberty for the men.
(b) A recommendation to his captain.
(c) A job with the port authority.
(d) A longer vacation for himself.
5. What type of fruit is in the crates Roberts gives to the officer?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Captain assume about Pulver since he never sees Pulver around?
2. What type of study does Roberts quit before becoming a sailor?
3. How are the Captain's actions best described in Act 1, Scene 6?
4. According to Dolan, the communication he receives asking men to apply for a transfer also asks them to have how many years experience?
5. Why is the Captain so angry with Roberts when he comes out on deck during the supply transfer?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)