|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Dolan, when will the Captain need a bucket?
(a) When the cook serves his Seaman Surprise for dinner.
(b) When he gets seasick.
(c) When he sees how dirty Pulver's room is.
(d) When he reads Roberts' letter.
2. What gift does Roberts take to the Port Director?
(a) Chocolate chip cookies.
(b) Scotch whisky.
(c) A new spyglass.
(d) New trousers.
3. Who reveals to Roberts that the Captain has received his transfer request letter?
(a) The Messenger.
4. What position does Roberts truly hold on the ship?
(b) Laundry officer.
(c) Executive officer.
(d) First mate.
5. What does the Captain say when Roberts goes to stand with the men?
(a) The Captain says all the men are worthless.
(b) The Captain asks Roberts to leave his sight.
(c) The Captain tells Roberts to move faster into line.
(d) The Captain tells Roberts to stand with him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the Captain not want Roberts to leave his ship?
2. According to the Captain, Pulver is the only officer who does what to the Captain?
3. What does Pulver call the nurse with whom he is hoping to be?
4. What does the Captain assume about Pulver since he never sees Pulver around?
5. What does the radio commentary on the loud speaker suggest at the end of Act 2, Scene 2?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)