Act 1, Scene 1
• This play is set during the last days of WW II aboard a Navy cargo ship.
• Roberts shares with Doc that he is going to be submitting another transfer request.
• Roberts seems to think that the cargo ship's role in the war is not as important.
• The men on the cargo ship learn they can see nurses showering on a nearby island by looking through a spyglass.
Act 1, Scene 2
• Dolan drops off the typed transfer request for Roberts, but Pulver takes the letter and hides it.
• Doc and Roberts help Pulver create a concoction that is meant to taste like scotch.
• Roberts tells Pulver what he needs to work on and what it will take for Roberts to respect him.
• Doc and Roberts discuss Roberts' desire to fight on a combat ship rather than being on a cargo ship.
Act 1, Scene 3
• Roberts breaks the Captain's orders...
This section contains 848 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)