|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Jean quickly change his plans in Scene 4?
2. In Scene 4, Jean compares Julie to prostitutes and ________.
3. How was John the Baptist killed?
4. In the ballet, what do the folk place on the table?
5. What does Jean think is making Miss Julie feel sick?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss "love" in "Miss Julie" and considering the following:
-How it's used to control situations.
-Its fair-weather nature.
-Its use as a weakness and as a tool.
Essay Topic 2
Dreams are highly symbolic in "Miss Julie." Discuss Julie's and Jean's dreams and analyze their potential meanings within the play.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss pride in the play. Choose three characters and address the following:
1. Who possesses pride and how does it manifest itself?
2. How is pride a fatal flaw for some and a means of self-determination for others?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)