|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the ballet, what do the folk place on the table?
2. What advice does Miss Julie want Jean to give her?
3. How does Julie respond to Jean's claim about what to do in such a battle?
4. Which of the following animals does Miss Julie call Jean?
5. In the third stanza of the chorus's song, what object will be sent?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the Count as a structuring absence in the play. What are the characters' feelings about his role as the patriarch? What are the ways in which the characters offer their respect and servitude?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the play's chronological setting.
1. What were the main concerns during the 1880s? How does the author express these concerns?
2. How would the author change the play if it were set in today's society?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss how wealth controls the characters of "Miss Julie."
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)