|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Julie and Jean leave in Scene 3?
2. Which of the following words best describes Christine's reaction towards Miss Julie when Miss Julie enters the kitchen?
3. What does Jean say always sounds harsh?
4. The Chorus places a barrel of ______ on the table.
5. In the story of the chimney sweep, why is the chimney sweep going to be arrested?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss "disgrace" in "Miss Julie" in the following ways:
-Characters' awareness and unawareness.
-Its projected effect, real effect, and characters' reactions.
-Characters as victims and self-inflicted.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the meaning of "dreams" in "Miss Julie."
Essay Topic 3
In the play, animals have particular symbolic significance. Discuss the presence of animals, their meaning, and how they impact the characters' lives.
This section contains 163 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)