|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Christine think is walking up and down in the room above her and Jean?
2. Who exits Scene 3 first?
3. Why does Julie ask Jean to take her away from home?
4. According to Julie, what type of men are easy to catch as husbands?
5. When Julie returns and asks Jean to go with her on the train, she says, "One may fly, fly, but ___________follow in the pack wagon."
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss how "Miss Julie" develops a 'play within a play' through story telling, role-playing, and deception.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the role of gender in the play.
1. How do gender roles impact the characters' behavior and actions?
2. What characters embrace their gender roles and what characters try to break free?
Essay Topic 3
In what way is MISS JULIE a character-based play? What is the difference between a character-based play and a plot-based play? How does Strindberg use the characters to tell the story?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)