|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Jean, it gives him satisfaction to know, "It is the glitter of brass, not _________, that dazzles us from below."
2. What is the name of the king that Miss Julie references?
3. Who is singing during the chorus?
4. According to Jean, "Necessity knows no __________."
5. What does Miss Julie's face look like when she enters the kitchen?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the interactions between men and women in "Miss Julie." Consider the following:
-The competition and tension.
-The nature of their relationships.
-The double standards.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Julie's character in "Miss Julie."
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the role of marriage in "Miss Julie" by addressing how the following relationships function:
1. The Count and Countess.
2. Jean and Christine.
3. Julie and the lieutenant governor.
This section contains 153 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)