|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Julie, what type of men are easy to catch as husbands?
2. Which part of Miss Julie's body does Strindberg describe as dirty?
3. What does Jean say Miss Julie is when she tells him she wants to take her canary?
4. According to Jean, what is taught in childhood that can't be uprooted in a moment?
5. Why do Julie and Jean go to Jean's room?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the "dirt" imagery in "Miss Julie."
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the role of the servants in the play. Who are they and what are their viewpoints on class, upper mobility, and the nobility?
Essay Topic 3
Look at the generation gap between younger and the older characters. What different experiences did both generations go through? What problems is the generation gap causing the characters? Is generational gap expressed in MISS JULIE particularly widespread during this time or is a wide generational gap common to all ages?
This section contains 891 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)