|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Julie and Jean exit the scene, what can the audience assume will take place?
2. Jean tells Julie, "One must always be ___________ to capture a woman."
3. What does Miss Julie say Christine could do at the hotel?
4. According to the chorus's song, one of the ladies does what with her foot?
5. Where do Jean and Christine usually go after dinner?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why does Strindberg structure the play like he does? What does the play's structure express? How different do the students think the play would have been if it had a more conventional structure?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss how Strindberg portrays heroines in the play. How are Julie and her mother, the Countess, tragic heroines? Is Christine a heroine? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of the following and discuss how it affects the tone of the play and helps to express character and theme:
2. Point of view
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)