|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Christine have in her hand?
2. What does Jean argue to Julie about the Chorus song?
3. Where does Miss Julie go after she has finished speaking to Jean?
4. When Julie returns and asks Jean to go with her on the train, she says, "One may fly, fly, but ___________follow in the pack wagon."
5. Why is Jean disappointed in Scene 4?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Miss Julie is translated from Swedish into English. How much meaning can a play lose through a translation? What aspects of the play do you think would be the most difficult to express in English? How do you think a translator can overcome these difficulties?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss "delusion" in "Miss Julie." How do characters use it? How do they rely on it?
Essay Topic 3
MISS JULIE greatly influenced modern theater. Choose a play that you think was influenced by the play and discuss its similarities with the novel in terms of the following:
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)