Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what war did the Miller's wife find favor with the king?
2. Why do Julie and Jean go to Jean's room?
3. Which part of Miss Julie's body does Strindberg describe as dirty?
4. What does Julie want Jean to do when she implores, "Command me--I will obey like a dog."
5. Why does Christine say she cannot continue working at the house?
Essay Topic 1
Freedom is a major theme in "Miss Julie." Choose three characters and identify the ways in which they try to attain freedom.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the author's writing style. How would you describe the author's style? What kind of vocabulary does he use? What meaning does the author's style give to the story?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the use of deception as a weapon and instigator.
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)