|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Julie returns and asks Jean to go with her on the train, she says, "One may fly, fly, but ___________follow in the pack wagon."
2. In the story Jean tells Julie, the chimney sweep makes a deathbed for himself to escape his arrest. What kind of blossoms is the deathbed made of?
3. What does Miss Julie say she and Jean want to do in another country?
4. Why does Julie tell Jean that she has nothing to give Jean in terms of capital?
5. Who does Christine think is walking up and down in the room above her and Jean?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss "love" in "Miss Julie" and considering the following:
-How it's used to control situations.
-Its fair-weather nature.
-Its use as a weakness and as a tool.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the author's life. In what way are his life and personality reflected in the play? How does he express his view through the character and play's themes?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the relationship between truth and fiction in "Miss Julie."
1. How does Jean tell the truth in his lies to Julie?
2. How do Julie's lies to herself betray the truth?
3. Who understands the difference between truth and fiction?
4. Identify the most honest characters in the play.
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)