|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Miss Julie suggest Christine do when Miss Julie and Jean leave?
2. After Julie addresses Jean's debt, what does he toss her?
3. Complete the following sentence; I can't understand all this __________.
4. Why does Miss Julie say she is tired of Jean?
5. Who does Miss Julie say she will write to after she leaves?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Jean's character in "Miss Julie."
Essay Topic 2
What is the role of family in the playl?
1. How does it function?
2. What power dynamics are in play?
3. Who has power within the family and why?
4. How does the nobility and its subjects mimic a traditional family?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Julie's and Jean's views on love, desire, and intimacy. How are their views a reflection of dominant culture? How do they differ?
This section contains 884 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)