|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jean claim is the real reason for Julie's failed engagement?
2. What does Julie want Jean to do when she implores, "Command me--I will obey like a dog."
3. Jean says the Chorus song is ______.
4. With whom does Miss Julie have to share Jean?
5. According to Jean, why is Julie "lucky?"
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the author's life. In what way are his life and personality reflected in the play? How does he express his view through the character and play's themes?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss how Strindberg portrays heroines in the play. How are Julie and her mother, the Countess, tragic heroines? Is Christine a heroine? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Compare Jean's character to the person she is at the beginning of the play to the person she is at the end.
1. What does Julie hope to achieve at the beginning of the play?
2. What events changes Julie's ideas about life?
3. How has Julie's character changed by the end of the novel?
This section contains 904 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)