|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the ballet, what is in the larger keg the folk carry?
2. Who does Jean tell Miss Julie to keep in the sack?
3. In the Chorus song, whom does the speaker say they think of?
4. What does Julie do when she returns to the kitchen in Scene 4, after the Ballet?
5. In the story of the chimney sweep, why is the chimney sweep going to be arrested?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss "disgrace" in "Miss Julie" in the following ways:
-Characters' awareness and unawareness.
-Its projected effect, real effect, and characters' reactions.
-Characters as victims and self-inflicted.
Essay Topic 2
In the play, animals have particular symbolic significance. Discuss the presence of animals, their meaning, and how they impact the characters' lives.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the meaning of "dreams" in "Miss Julie."
This section contains 181 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)