|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Jean, what does he possess that will allow him to move up in class?
2. During the Chorus, Julie should realize what?
3. What does Julie have to learn as a child?
4. According to Julie, what does the chorus feel toward her?
5. What does Jean pick up when Miss Julie leaves the kitchen?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Miss Julie is translated from Swedish into English. How much meaning can a play lose through a translation? What aspects of the play do you think would be the most difficult to express in English? How do you think a translator can overcome these difficulties?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the role of gender in the play.
1. How do gender roles impact the characters' behavior and actions?
2. What characters embrace their gender roles and what characters try to break free?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Christine's character in "Miss Julie."
This section contains 894 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)