|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jean argue to Julie about the Chorus song?
2. What part of her body does Miss Julie clean?
3. What are both of the kegs the folk carry decorated with?
4. In Jean's analogy of the brass, who are the "us" that are dazzled from below?
5. What is the financial situation of the characters in the Chorus song?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss "disgrace" in "Miss Julie" in the following ways:
-Characters' awareness and unawareness.
-Its projected effect, real effect, and characters' reactions.
-Characters as victims and self-inflicted.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the role of conflict in "Miss Julie."
1. The conflict between Julie and society.
2. The conflict between Julie and Jean.
3. The conflict between Julie and herself.
Essay Topic 3
What is the significance of women in "Miss Julie?" Discuss the tension, attitudes, expectations, and how they are portrayed in the play.
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)