|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the theme of the Chorus's song?
2. Who does Christine think is walking up and down in the room above her and Jean?
3. What is Jean doing while Miss Julie and Christine are talking?
4. After the chorus, Jean tells Julie that he is her _______________ friend.
5. What does Christine have in her hand?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss pride in the play. Choose three characters and address the following:
1. Who possesses pride and how does it manifest itself?
2. How is pride a fatal flaw for some and a means of self-determination for others?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the Count as a structuring absence in the play. What are the characters' feelings about his role as the patriarch? What are the ways in which the characters offer their respect and servitude?
Essay Topic 3
Look at the generation gap between younger and the older characters. What different experiences did both generations go through? What problems is the generation gap causing the characters? Is generational gap expressed in MISS JULIE particularly widespread during this time or is a wide generational gap common to all ages?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)