|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Jean, the chorus does what with Julie?
2. According to Julie, who was responsible for the big fire that destroyed the house and stables?
3. As they fight, Jean calls Julie _____.
4. What does Christine have in her hand?
5. Who does Christine think is walking up and down in the room above her and Jean?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the Count as a structuring absence in the play. What are the characters' feelings about his role as the patriarch? What are the ways in which the characters offer their respect and servitude?
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the following and examine what it expresses about late 19th century society:
1. Class structure.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the book's reception in three different countries including the country in which the book was written. How do their opinions about the books differ? Was the book more influential in one country than another? If so, why?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)