|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Julie's mother take revenge on the Count for taking the reins of their home from her?
2. What does Miss Julie say her father will do when he finds his money is gone?
3. Why is Jean scared of speaking with Miss Julie?
4. What does Jean promise he will do if the chorus finds them?
5. According to the chorus's song, what DON'T the ladies have?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the way the author uses the characters in the book. When does he introduce and take them away from the story? What effect does it have on the story?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the interactions between men and women in "Miss Julie." Consider the following:
-The competition and tension.
-The nature of their relationships.
-The double standards.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the audience's role in "Miss Julie."
This section contains 930 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)