|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Jean, what should one do in such a battle?
2. According to Jean, it gives him satisfaction to know, "It is the glitter of brass, not _________, that dazzles us from below."
3. Julie tries to believe that her servants still _______.
4. When Julie returns and asks Jean to go with her on the train, she says, "One may fly, fly, but ___________follow in the pack wagon."
5. In the chorus's song, from where do the ladies come?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the interactions between men and women in "Miss Julie." Consider the following:
-The competition and tension.
-The nature of their relationships.
-The double standards.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the role of the servants in the play. Who are they and what are their viewpoints on class, upper mobility, and the nobility?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss pride in the play. Choose three characters and address the following:
1. Who possesses pride and how does it manifest itself?
2. How is pride a fatal flaw for some and a means of self-determination for others?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)