Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what war did the Miller's wife find favor with the king?
2. Why do Julie and Jean go to Jean's room?
3. Which part of Miss Julie's body does Strindberg describe as dirty?
4. What does Julie want Jean to do when she implores, "Command me--I will obey like a dog."
5. Why does Christine say she cannot continue working at the house?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss "love" in "Miss Julie" and considering the following:
-How it's used to control situations.
-Its fair-weather nature.
-Its use as a weakness and as a tool.
Essay Topic 2
Compare Jean's character to the person she is at the beginning of the play to the person she is at the end.
1. What does Julie hope to achieve at the beginning of the play?
2. What events changes Julie's ideas about life?
3. How has Julie's character changed by the end of the novel?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss "delusion" in "Miss Julie." How do characters use it? How do they rely on it?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)