|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Jean, what should one do in such a battle?
2. According to Christine, why should one respect one's betters?
3. When Julie returns and asks Jean to go with her on the train, she says, "One may fly, fly, but ___________follow in the pack wagon."
4. What does Julie tell Jean she can't leave behind?
5. The chorus is composed of servants and ________.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the role of gender in the play.
1. How do gender roles impact the characters' behavior and actions?
2. What characters embrace their gender roles and what characters try to break free?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the interactions between men and women in "Miss Julie." Consider the following:
-The competition and tension.
-The nature of their relationships.
-The double standards.
Essay Topic 3
Address the role of pantomime in "Miss Julie."
1. The relationship between the actress and the audience.
2. The ways in which the actress expresses the character's emotional state.
3. The significance of the pantomime in relation to the action of the play.
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)