|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Scene 3, Jean swears to Julie he will be a ______.
2. What was the occupation of Julie's mother's lover?
3. When does Jean say he wants to leave the house?
4. Who is singing in the Chorus?
5. Julie tries to believe that her servants still _______.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Parallel the environment of "Miss Julie" with the play, plot, and characters.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the values of the 1880s.
1. In what ways are the characters a product of their time?
2. How does the play express the changes Europe was going through at the time?
3. Does modern society share any values with 1880s Europe?
Essay Topic 3
Freedom is a major theme in "Miss Julie." Choose three characters and identify the ways in which they try to attain freedom.
This section contains 170 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)