|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Julie respond to Jean's claim about what to do in such a battle?
2. After the chorus, Jean tells Julie that he is her _______________ friend.
3. What does Miss Julie she will do with Jean's heart after she has fried it?
4. What is Jean doing while Miss Julie and Christine are talking?
5. Who does Miss Julie say she will write to after she leaves?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the "dirt" imagery in "Miss Julie."
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the values of the 1880s.
1. In what ways are the characters a product of their time?
2. How does the play express the changes Europe was going through at the time?
3. Does modern society share any values with 1880s Europe?
Essay Topic 3
Look at the generation gap between younger and the older characters. What different experiences did both generations go through? What problems is the generation gap causing the characters? Is generational gap expressed in MISS JULIE particularly widespread during this time or is a wide generational gap common to all ages?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)