Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what war did the Miller's wife find favor with the king?
2. Why do Julie and Jean go to Jean's room?
3. Which part of Miss Julie's body does Strindberg describe as dirty?
4. What does Julie want Jean to do when she implores, "Command me--I will obey like a dog."
5. Why does Christine say she cannot continue working at the house?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the role of the servants in the play. Who are they and what are their viewpoints on class, upper mobility, and the nobility?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss pride in the play. Choose three characters and address the following:
1. Who possesses pride and how does it manifest itself?
2. How is pride a fatal flaw for some and a means of self-determination for others?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the interactions between men and women in "Miss Julie." Consider the following:
-The competition and tension.
-The nature of their relationships.
-The double standards.
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)