|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what war did the Miller's wife find favor with the king?
2. Why do Julie and Jean go to Jean's room?
3. Which part of Miss Julie's body does Strindberg describe as dirty?
4. What does Julie want Jean to do when she implores, "Command me--I will obey like a dog."
5. Why does Christine say she cannot continue working at the house?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the relationship between truth and fiction in "Miss Julie."
1. How does Jean tell the truth in his lies to Julie?
2. How do Julie's lies to herself betray the truth?
3. Who understands the difference between truth and fiction?
4. Identify the most honest characters in the play.
Essay Topic 2
Address the role of pantomime in "Miss Julie."
1. The relationship between the actress and the audience.
2. The ways in which the actress expresses the character's emotional state.
3. The significance of the pantomime in relation to the action of the play.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the book's reception in three different countries including the country in which the book was written. How do their opinions about the books differ? Was the book more influential in one country than another? If so, why?
This section contains 933 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)