|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Julie, what does the chorus feel toward her?
2. In the ballet, what is in the larger keg the folk carry?
3. Jean tells Julie, "One must always be ___________ to capture a woman."
4. How is Christine dressed when she enters after Jean commands Julie to leave for her room?
5. Which of the following does Julie say she can't take?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the degradation and submission of Julie, considering the following:
-Pretend and real.
-Jean's end game.
-The lowest point for the character is the high point of the play.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Julie's and Jean's views on love, desire, and intimacy. How are their views a reflection of dominant culture? How do they differ?
Essay Topic 3
What is the role of family in the playl?
1. How does it function?
2. What power dynamics are in play?
3. Who has power within the family and why?
4. How does the nobility and its subjects mimic a traditional family?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)