|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is occurring off stage during Ballet?
2. How is the barrel decorated?
3. What does Miss Julie say she could do with Jean's heart?
4. What does Julie claim is the downfall of her relationship with her fiancé?
5. In Ballet, who enters after Jean and Julie?
Essay Topic 1
Look at the generation gap between younger and the older characters. What different experiences did both generations go through? What problems is the generation gap causing the characters? Is generational gap expressed in MISS JULIE particularly widespread during this time or is a wide generational gap common to all ages?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Julie's and Jean's views on love, desire, and intimacy. How are their views a reflection of dominant culture? How do they differ?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss how "Miss Julie" develops a 'play within a play' through story telling, role-playing, and deception.
This section contains 887 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)