|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which part of Miss Julie's body does Strindberg describe as dirty?
2. In what war did the Miller's wife find favor with the king?
3. How was John the Baptist killed?
4. How did Julie's mother take revenge on the Count for taking the reins of their home from her?
5. What is Jean doing while Miss Julie and Christine are talking?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the play's chronological setting.
1. What were the main concerns during the 1880s? How does the author express these concerns?
2. How would the author change the play if it were set in today's society?
Essay Topic 2
Compare Jean's character to the person she is at the beginning of the play to the person she is at the end.
1. What does Julie hope to achieve at the beginning of the play?
2. What events changes Julie's ideas about life?
3. How has Julie's character changed by the end of the novel?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the role of setting in "Miss Julie."
1. What impact does Midsummer Eve have on the characters?
2. What is the significance of the kitchen in the play?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)