|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the time "Miss Julie" is written, society has very _____ thinking.
2. When Jean leaves in Scene 2, what does Julie ask Christine about Jean?
3. Which of the following characters is 30-years-old?
4. What does Christine hum after Julie and Jean leave?
5. What does Jean want from Miss Julie?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Julie want Jean to kill her?
2. Why does Jean tell Julie, "The pack is always cowardly"?
3. Describe Christine's reaction to the music and why it is significant.
4. What might Christine be thinking about Jean in Pantomime?
5. Why is Jean in such a good mood at the beginning of Scene 4?
6. Why does Christine not think Julie is to blame for staying out all night with Jean?
7. What is the song in the Chorus about?
8. What do Julie and Christine talk about while Jean gets changed?
9. How do Julie's attitudes with Jean and her ex-fiancé compare?
10. Why does Jean think it is not safe for him and Julie to be seen together?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the use of deception as a weapon and instigator.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Julie's and Jean's views on love, desire, and intimacy. How are their views a reflection of dominant culture? How do they differ?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the play's chronological setting.
1. What were the main concerns during the 1880s? How does the author express these concerns?
2. How would the author change the play if it were set in today's society?
This section contains 579 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)