|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Scene 2, Jean and Julie conclude that if they got together___________.
2. What is the effect of the way Julie treats men?
3. What does Christine hum after Julie and Jean leave?
4. In Scene 2, Jean tells Julie that his father worked as a _________.
5. What does Jean tell Julie he wants to do in his dream?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Jean want to open a hotel?
2. How has Miss Julie been reacting to her broken engagement?
3. How does Jean try to manipulate both Julie and Christine?
4. To what does Julie attribute the strange power that drew her to Jean, and how is this significant?
5. Why does Strindberg state that his play will offend simple souls?
6. What would be the effect of a relationship between Julie and Jean?
7. Why does Julie want to take a canary with her?
8. What do the servants sing a song about?
9. What kind of music is playing during the pantomime? How does it situate the play historically?
10. How delusional is Miss Julie in Scene 3?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss "love" in "Miss Julie" and considering the following:
-How it's used to control situations.
-Its fair-weather nature.
-Its use as a weakness and as a tool.
Essay Topic 2
What are the differences between a play and a film in terms of the following?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the role of class in the play.
1. How are the characters confined by the conditions of their birth?
2. Who tries to rise above his or her class position and why?
3. Who embraces her or his class position and why?
This section contains 693 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)