|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following words describes how Christine and Jean are talking about Miss Julie?
2. What will be Julie's role at the hotel?
3. What flowers does Julie want to go pick?
4. ________ Strindberg is the author of "Miss Julie"
5. What is Christine's demeanor in Pantomime?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jean convince Julie to run away with him?
2. What does Julie tell happened to the estate when she was a child that led to the big fire?
3. What is the song in the Chorus about?
4. Why does Strindberg claim that the problem of social ascent is a suitable matter for tragedy?
5. How does Jean react when Julie asks him to kiss him?
6. Why does Jean insist to Julie that there must be formality between them, and what does this signify?
7. Describe how August Strindberg's approach to drama was revolutionary.
8. Why does Jean tell Julie that he is her "real, genuine, and respectful friend"? What is his tone?
9. How does Jean react when Julie insists that she take the canary with her?
10. What is the significance of the ballet?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the use of deception as a weapon and instigator.
Essay Topic 2
Dreams are highly symbolic in "Miss Julie." Discuss Julie's and Jean's dreams and analyze their potential meanings within the play.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the audience's role in "Miss Julie."
This section contains 654 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)