|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jean observes that Miss Julie is acting _____.
2. During the pantomime, what does Christine do with her hair?
3. Who does Miss Julie say taught her to hate men?
4. Who is Christine cooking dinner for in Scene 1?
5. What are the characters celebrating?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Jean in such a good mood at the beginning of Scene 4?
2. What does the audience anticipate for the third scene?
3. Why is the Chorus singing this song?
4. Why does Jean proclaim that wedding Julie would be a misalliance?
5. What do the servants sing a song about?
6. What would be the effect of a relationship between Julie and Jean?
7. When Jean tells Julie he loves her, is he still playing their game?
8. How would you characterize Christine and Jean's relationship?
9. What is the actress who plays Christine's stage directions and how are they significant?
10. Why does Julie want Jean to kill her?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the influence or insignificance of gossip and others' opinions on characters in "Miss Julie."
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Jean's character in "Miss Julie."
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the use of deception as a weapon and instigator.
This section contains 597 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)