|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Jean, why can't he and Julie stay at the manor?
(a) It has mold.
(b) People know about them.
(c) Christine will kill them.
(d) They can't afford it.
2. Who does Jean tell Miss Julie to keep in the sack?
(a) The king.
(b) The butcher.
(c) The miller.
(d) The bitch.
3. When Jean enters the kitchen after the folk's dance is over, where does he suggest to Julie they should travel to?
4. According to Julie, who was responsible for the big fire that destroyed the house and stables?
(a) Her father.
(c) Her mother.
5. How does Julie respond to Jean's statement about the nature of the chorus's song?
(a) "Wonderful! Oh delightful! And how brave!"
(b) "Infamous! Oh horrible! And how cowardly!"
(c) "Infamous! Oh delightful! And how scandalous!"
(d) "Dreadful! Oh horrible! And how frightening!"
Short Answer Questions
1. After the chorus, Jean tells Julie that he is her _______________ friend.
2. Why does Jean want to open a hotel?
3. In the chorus's song, the ladies talk of a hundred_______.
4. Fill in the blank of a line in the chorus's song, "For another, I'm going to ______you."
5. What was the occupation of Julie's mother's lover?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)