|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As they fight, Jean calls Julie _____.
(a) A devil.
(b) A pathetic girl.
(c) A whore.
(d) A wonderful woman.
2. How does Julie respond to Jean's statement about the nature of the chorus's song?
(a) "Dreadful! Oh horrible! And how frightening!"
(b) "Wonderful! Oh delightful! And how brave!"
(c) "Infamous! Oh horrible! And how cowardly!"
(d) "Infamous! Oh delightful! And how scandalous!"
3. What does Jean NOT have for his establishment?
4. What does Miss Julie do to the bird before she hands it over to Jean?
(a) She kisses it.
(b) She feeds it.
(c) She breaks its leg.
(d) She pushes it.
5. Why does Jean insist to Julie that there must be formality between them?
(a) Because his station is above hers.
(b) Because he is a traditional man.
(c) Because it is a religious holiday.
(d) Because they are in the Count's house.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "Oh, I should like to see your blood flowing--to see your brain on the chopping block, all your sex swimming in a sea of blood. I believe I could drink out of your skull, bathe my feet in your breast and eat your heart cooked whole"?
2. According to Jean, what is taught in childhood that can't be uprooted in a moment?
3. Jean tells Julie that his conquest of her was too __________to be exciting.
4. What do Jean and Miss Julie decide to do with Miss Julie's bird?
5. What type of song is in the Chorus?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)