|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During the pantomime, what does Christine stand against a flower pot on the table?
(b) A glass.
(c) A garland.
2. In scene 1, the Count leaves to do what?
(a) Attend business.
(b) Travel abroad.
(c) Visit family.
(d) Go sightseeing.
3. Strindberg openly criticized what for its closed mindedness?
4. What did Strindberg want to expand in theater performance?
(a) Costume and design.
(b) Topics and themes.
(c) Acting and accompaniment.
(d) Length and structure.
5. What about Jean is Christine contemplating?
(a) His health.
(b) His money.
(c) His good looks.
(d) His loyalty.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Christine want Jean to drink with his food?
2. Christine knows Jean must return to her by:
3. How is Christine treating the situation with Jean and Julie?
4. What stands on the left of the window?
5. How did Miss Julie's family lose its home?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Jean and Christine discuss as the play opens, and why is it significant?
2. What might Christine be thinking about Jean in Pantomime?
3. Where does Jean say he learned to speak French so well?
4. How did Julie's mother raise Julie?
5. Describe how August Strindberg's approach to drama was revolutionary.
6. What is Jean's true motive for sleeping with Julie?
7. What does Jean say is the only option open to them?
8. Why does Miss Julie ask Jean to call her just "Julie?"
9. Why does Miss Julie want Jean to call her only Julie?
10. Why does Jean proclaim that wedding Julie would be a misalliance?
This section contains 616 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)