|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the time "Miss Julie" is written, society has very _____ thinking.
2. ________ Strindberg is the author of "Miss Julie"
3. What kind of relationship did Miss Julie's mother have with the manufacturer?
(a) They were friends.
(b) They were lovers.
(c) They were colleagues.
(d) They were brother and sister.
4. What does Julie tell Jean she is doing in her dream?
(a) She has climbed to the top of a pillar and can't get back down.
(b) She is climbing down a mountain and can't get back up.
(c) She is climbing down a column and can't get back up.
(d) She has climbed to the top of a mountain and can't get back down.
5. Where was Miss Julie when Jean saw her for the second time?
(a) On the balcony.
(b) On the patio.
(c) In the garden.
(d) In the church.
Short Answer Questions
1. In which of the following countries does Jean want to start a new life with Miss Julie?
2. In Scene 2, Jean tells Julie that in his dream he is where?
3. According to Jean, where did his father work?
4. Where is Julie during the pantomime?
5. Which of the following does Jean like to smoke?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Strindberg claim that the problem of social ascent is a suitable matter for tragedy?
2. Why do Jean and Christine think Miss Julie is both upper and lower class?
3. What does Julie tell happened to the estate when she was a child that led to the big fire?
4. What does Julie's behavior toward Jean indicate about her own sense of power?
5. Do the servants know what's occurring with Jean and Julie during the Ballet?
6. According to Jean, why is Julie "lucky?"
7. What does Christine tell Julie and Jean is her life belief?
8. Why does Julie claim that a servant is just a servant when regarding Christine? What does this reveal about Julie?
9. What do Christine's actions say about her?
10. What does Jean admit he lied to Julie about regarding his story of the oat bin? What does the true story reveal about Julie?
This section contains 860 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)