|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jean say has happened to him only once?
2. In Scene 2, why is Julie excited when she enters the kitchen?
(a) Because of her new dress.
(b) Because she saw her fiancé.
(c) Because of her dance with Jean.
(d) Because she made her curfew.
3. What does Miss Julie say her father educated her to be?
(a) A soldier.
(b) A boy.
(c) A maid.
(d) A girl.
4. What does Christine ask Jean not to pull?
(a) Her finger.
(b) Her ear.
(c) Her leg .
(d) Her hair.
5. Which member of Miss Julie's family was ill during her childhood?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her sister.
(d) Her brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Christine sits, what does she do?
2. During the pantomime, the audience can infer that Julie would behave how compared to Christine?
3. What is Christine waiting for in Pantomime?
4. Strindberg is a playwright in the _______ century.
5. Who is Christine cooking dinner for in Scene 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Strindberg want the audience to shoulder the pity for Miss Julie?
2. What is Julie's recurring dream and what can it be a metaphor for?
3. How does Christine become the final arbiter of Julie's fate?
4. Which of Julie's fears does the Chorus song embody?
5. How do Jean's feelings toward Julie change in the fourth scene?
6. What might Christine be thinking about Jean in Pantomime?
7. What does the canary represent in the play?
8. According to Strindberg, what is our response to the tragedy of Julie due to?
9. Will Christine confront Julie and Jean when they return after the Pantomime?
10. How does Jean visualize their separate roles at the hotel?
This section contains 659 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)