|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Scene 2, why is Julie excited when she enters the kitchen?
(a) Because she made her curfew.
(b) Because she saw her fiancé.
(c) Because of her new dress.
(d) Because of her dance with Jean.
2. Where does Miss Julie ask Jean to kiss her?
(a) On the shoe.
(b) On the cheek.
(c) On the head.
(d) On the glove.
3. What did Miss Julie's father try to do when he heard his wife was responsible for burning down their house?
(a) Kill her.
(b) Move out.
(c) Divorce her.
(d) Commit suicide.
4. What does Christine say she wants to do after work?
5. When did Jean see Miss Julie for the first time?
(a) 2 years ago.
(b) In his teenage years.
(c) In his childhood.
(d) 2 months ago.
Short Answer Questions
1. During the pantomime, what does Christine put in the china closet?
2. Which of Julie's animals is sick?
3. Why does Julie refute Jean's statement about the servants in Scene 1?
4. How does Julie convince Jean to dance?
5. Why is Jean scared to kiss Miss Julie?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does silence say in Pantomime?
2. Why does Jean call of his plans to open the hotel?
3. Why did Strindberg want the actors to improvise?
4. How does Christine become the final arbiter of Julie's fate?
5. What is Jean's attitude towards Miss Julie in the first scene?
6. What is the purpose of the preface?
7. What does Strindberg think are the reasons Miss Julie decided to kill herself?
8. Why does Jean insist to Julie that there must be formality between them, and what does this signify?
9. What do the servants sing a song about?
10. Why does Jean think it is not safe for him and Julie to be seen together?
This section contains 772 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)