|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In which of the following countries does Strindberg set the play?
2. Which of the following does Jean like to smoke?
(b) A pipe.
(d) A bong.
3. What is the effect of the way Julie treats men?
(a) They try to kill her.
(b) She's shunned b y society.
(c) They stay with her.
(d) They leave her.
4. What does Strindberg NOT divide the scenes with?
5. Strindberg's stress on scenery is meant to promote ______.
(b) Energy conservation.
(d) Political parties.
Short Answer Questions
1. During the pantomime, what does Christine do to act as though she were by herself?
2. What is Strindberg's attitude in the preface?
3. In scene 1, the Count leaves to do what?
4. What is Christine's demeanor in Pantomime?
5. Which of the following words describes how Christine and Jean are talking about Miss Julie?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the Countess's handkerchief and Christine's handling it symbolic?
2. How do Julie's attitudes with Jean and her ex-fiancé compare?
3. Why does Julie claim that a servant is just a servant when regarding Christine? What does this reveal about Julie?
4. What is the mood of Christine's Pantomime?
5. When Jean tells Julie he loves her, is he still playing their game?
6. How does Jean persuade Julie to go up to his room?
7. What does Jean tell Julie about his recurring dream, and why is it significant?
8. Why does Jean proclaim that wedding Julie would be a misalliance?
9. How does Julie show that she is in denial at the beginning of the third scene?
10. What is the song in the Chorus about?
This section contains 690 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)