|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What key thing is missing from Christine and Jean's engagement?
(a) Their families' support.
(b) A ring.
(d) A steady income.
2. What celebration is the setting of the play?
(b) New Year's Eve.
(d) Midsummer Eve.
3. What is Christine's occupation?
(a) A servicewoman.
(b) A cook.
(c) A company for Miss Julie.
(d) A teacher.
4. Strindberg's stress on scenery is meant to promote ______.
(a) Political parties.
(d) Energy conservation.
5. In Scene 2, Jean tells Julie that in his dream he is where?
(a) On top of a boulder.
(b) In a cave.
(c) Next to a creek.
(d) Under a tree.
Short Answer Questions
1. Christine knows Jean must return to her by:
2. Which of the following animals does Miss Julie call Jean?
3. What kind of clothes is Jean wearing in Scene 2?
4. What does Christine put on the table when Miss Julie and Jean leave the kitchen?
5. What was Miss Julie wearing when Jean saw her for the first time?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Jean insist to Julie that there must be formality between them, and what does this signify?
2. What is the audience's responsibility in the Ballet?
3. What is the symbolism of Miss Julie's mothers' dirty sleeves and clean buttons?
4. What does Jean admit he lied to Julie about regarding his story of the oat bin? What does the true story reveal about Julie?
5. Will Christine confront Julie and Jean when they return after the Pantomime?
6. What is the subtext of the song the chorus sings about the two ladies in the woods?
7. How does Miss Julie show that she is ultimately in charge?
8. What does the canary represent in the play?
9. How do Jean's feelings toward Julie change in the fourth scene?
10. What does Christine do with a hairpin that also lends insight into her character?
This section contains 831 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)