|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following two people are the only two characters in the play other than Miss Julie?
(a) Klara and Isabelle.
(b) Jean and Christine.
(c) The Count and Margo.
(d) The Count and Rubi.
2. What is Christine doing in the kitchen in the Pantomime?
(a) Making a mess.
3. How did Miss Julie's father try to kill himself?
(a) Jump from a window.
(b) Slit his wrists.
(c) Drown himself.
(d) Shoot himself.
4. What key thing is missing from Christine and Jean's engagement?
(b) A ring.
(c) Their families' support.
(d) A steady income.
5. What does Strindberg NOT divide the scenes with?
Short Answer Questions
1. What stands on the left of the kitchen?
2. What does Jean say she is standing on top of in her dream?
3. What does Julie ask Jean about the language he is speaking in Scene 2?
4. What does Jean come back into the kitchen wearing?
5. In Julie's dream, what does she tell Jean she feels?
Short Essay Questions
1. What would be the effect of a relationship between Julie and Jean?
2. Why does Jean compare Julie to her mother, and how is this significant?
3. Instead of leaving for Lake Como, what solution does Jean offer Julie? How does Julie respond?
4. What kind of imagery does Jean employ in recalling the stories of his youth when he first spied Miss Julie in her white dress and stockings?
5. What is the symbolism of Miss Julie's mothers' dirty sleeves and clean buttons?
6. Does class matter to Miss Julie?
7. Why does Jean tell Julie that he is her "real, genuine, and respectful friend"? What is his tone?
8. What do Jean and Christine discuss as the play opens, and why is it significant?
9. How does the play end?
10. How does Jean calm Julie down?
This section contains 822 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)