|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How would Julie act if the situation with Christine were reversed?
(c) The same as Christine.
2. What characterizes Christine and Jean's interactions while they're alone?
3. What does Jean say she is standing on top of in her dream?
(a) A church roof.
(b) A column.
(c) A mountain.
(d) A tower.
4. Strindberg openly criticized what for its closed mindedness?
5. What does Christine hum after Julie and Jean leave?
(a) The dancing music outside.
(b) A lullaby.
(c) A random compilation of notes.
(d) A new popular song.
Short Answer Questions
1. Julie pretends to be ______.
2. Where have Jean and Julie gone?
3. In which of the following countries does Strindberg set the play?
4. Why does Julie want to dance with Jean?
5. What is Jean climbing in his dream?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Christine respond to Jean's admission that he slept with Julie, and how is this significant?
2. What do the servants sing a song about?
3. Why does Jean proclaim that wedding Julie would be a misalliance?
4. Why does Miss Julie ask Jean to call her just "Julie?"
5. Why does Jean think the servants do not love Julie?
6. How submissive is Julie?
7. What does the mitten signify in the third stanza? How does it relate to Julie?
8. What kind of imagery does Jean employ in recalling the stories of his youth when he first spied Miss Julie in her white dress and stockings?
9. How critical is Strindberg?
10. What do Christine's actions say about her?
This section contains 661 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)