|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following characters is 35-years-old?
(b) Miss Julie.
2. What is Julie lacking in her dream?
3. According to Strindberg, "I have made an attempt. If it proves a ______, there is ______ of time to try over again."
(a) Success; plenty.
(b) Failure; plenty.
(c) Success; no.
(d) Failure; no.
4. What does Jean say he feels towards Christine?
(b) True love.
(c) An obligation.
5. In which of the following countries does Strindberg set the play?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jean say Miss Julie can smell?
2. After Christine goes to bed in Scene 2, how does Jean prove servitude to Julie?
3. What does Strindberg express about writing "Miss Julie" in the preface?
4. When Christine sits, what does she do?
5. How is Christine feeling in Pantomime?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jean tell Christine he witnessed Julie and her fiancé doing in the stableyard and how is it significant?
2. Why does Jean say he tried to kill himself?
3. Why does Julie want Jean to kill her?
4. Why did Jean say he told Julie a story that was not true?
5. What does Christine do while Jean and Julie go out dancing?
6. To what does Julie attribute the strange power that drew her to Jean, and how is this significant?
7. Why does Jean want to remain with Christine?
8. Describe Christine's reaction to the music and why it is significant.
9. Why does Jean call of his plans to open the hotel?
10. Why does Julie want to take a canary with her?
This section contains 625 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)