|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Julie act towards men?
(a) She's rude to them.
(b) She is very ingratiating.
(c) She tries to dominate them.
(d) She's indifferent.
2. Whose money paid for the new house?
(b) Mother's friend's.
(c) Miss Julie's mother's.
(d) Father's friend's.
3. Which of the following characters is 30-years-old?
(b) Miss Julie.
(c) The Count.
4. What food does Christine fix for Jean?
5. What is Christine's occupation?
(a) A servicewoman.
(b) A cook.
(c) A company for Miss Julie.
(d) A teacher.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Scene 1, what does Julie choose to believe about the world in which she lives?
2. Why type of plays do the audiences in Strindberg's time want to see?
3. Where is Jean during the pantomime?
4. According to Jean and Christine, what do all the servants talk about regarding Julie?
5. What does Jean say she is standing on top of in her dream?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Julie's mother raise Julie?
2. Why does Strindberg state that Miss Julie is a modern character?
3. Are Miss Julie and Jean playful people?
4. What would be the effect of a relationship between Julie and Jean?
5. Does class matter to Miss Julie?
6. What did Strindberg want modern theatre to do?
7. Why does Julie claim that a servant is just a servant when regarding Christine? What does this reveal about Julie?
8. Where does Jean say he learned to speak French so well?
9. How would you characterize Christine and Jean's relationship?
10. How does Christine respond to Julie's flirtatious behavior toward Jean, and what does it indicate about Christine's position?
This section contains 671 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)