|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of dream does Julie tell Jean she has in Scene 2?
(a) A frightening one.
(b) A strange one.
(c) A recurring one.
(d) A pleasant one.
2. During the pantomime, where does Christine go to listen after she is finished with her hair?
(a) Her bedroom.
(b) The garden.
(c) The front door.
(d) The back door.
3. How did Miss Julie's family lose its home?
(a) Miss Julie's mother lost it in a game of cards.
(b) It was burned down.
(c) It was bombed during the war.
(d) Miss Julie's father lost it in a game of cards.
4. What do Jean and Miss Julie drink after they finish their first drink?
5. What does Julie tell Jean she is doing in her dream?
(a) She has climbed to the top of a mountain and can't get back down.
(b) She is climbing down a mountain and can't get back up.
(c) She is climbing down a column and can't get back up.
(d) She has climbed to the top of a pillar and can't get back down.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which member of Miss Julie's family was ill during her childhood?
2. In Scene 2, Jean tells Julie that his father worked as a _________.
3. What is Christine doing as Jean and Julie talk in Scene 2?
4. Christine knows you can't win a man by ______.
5. Who does the image of dirty sleeves and clean buttons refer to?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the final scene.
2. What does Julie think the servants think about her?
3. How has Miss Julie been reacting to her broken engagement?
4. Why does Miss Julie ask Jean to call her just "Julie?"
5. How does the Count change the situation in the final scene?
6. How submissive is Julie?
7. What does the canary represent in the play?
8. Why did Strindberg want the audience to shoulder the pity for Miss Julie?
9. Describe Jean's and Christine's behavior in the kitchen and what it says about their relationship.
10. How did Julie's mother raise Julie?
This section contains 714 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)