|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Strindberg's style is an attempt to _____ classic playwrighting.
(b) Pay tribute to.
2. What does Jean want to drink with his food?
(b) Red wine.
(c) White wine.
3. Which of the following two people are the only two characters in the play other than Miss Julie?
(a) The Count and Margo.
(b) Klara and Isabelle.
(c) Jean and Christine.
(d) The Count and Rubi.
4. Whose money paid for the new house?
(a) Miss Julie's mother's.
(c) Father's friend's.
(d) Mother's friend's.
5. What kind of dream does Julie tell Jean she has in Scene 2?
(a) A pleasant one.
(b) A frightening one.
(c) A recurring one.
(d) A strange one.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who helped Miss Julie's family find a new home?
2. What does Strindberg allow the actors to do?
3. How does Miss Julie say she feels when she speaks to Jean about their situation?
4. Why does Jean hesitate to dance with Julie?
5. The pantomime reveals that Christine is ____________.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Christine think she and Jean should quit working for the family?
2. In addition to cleaning the kitchen, what else does Christine do to the kitchen that provides insight into how she feels about her position as a cook?
3. What is the subtext of the song the chorus sings about the two ladies in the woods?
4. What is Jean's true motive for sleeping with Julie?
5. What do the servants sing a song about?
6. How does Jean convince Julie to run away with him?
7. Why does Jean want to remain with Christine?
8. Why does Jean want to leave immediately?
9. Why did Strindberg want the audience to shoulder the pity for Miss Julie?
10. How manipulative is Jean?
This section contains 668 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)