|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Strindberg's aim in disclosing so much in the preface?
(a) To stress its importance.
(b) To stress its uselessness.
(c) Give audience something to ponder.
(d) To pass the time.
2. What does Strindberg NOT divide the scenes with?
3. What does Jean say has happened to him only once?
4. People in Strindberg's time are unable to accept ______ as a part of life.
5. What flowers does Julie want to go pick?
Short Answer Questions
1. For Strindberg, what is/are a real and indelible part of everyday life?
2. Julie pretends to be ______.
3. What can Jean see through the window?
4. According to Christine and Jean, why did Julie and her fiancé break up?
5. What does the holiday inspire in people?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Jean's feelings toward Julie change in the fourth scene?
2. Why is Jean in such a good mood at the beginning of Scene 4?
3. Why does Christine tell Julie that grace is not allotted to all, and why is this significant?
4. Why does Jean not want the Count to find out about his relationship with Julie?
5. Why did Miss Julie's fiancé leave her?
6. Why does Christine think Jean goes along with Julie's flirting?
7. How do Christine and Miss Julie compare in relationships?
8. Why is Julie upset at the beginning of Scene 3?
9. Describe the setting and its significance as the play opens.
10. How is Miss Julie "too stuck-up in some ways and not proud enough in others?"
This section contains 667 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)