|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Julie act towards men?
(a) She tries to dominate them.
(b) She's rude to them.
(c) She is very ingratiating.
(d) She's indifferent.
2. Why does Strindberg not use intermissions?
(a) To sabotage concession stands.
(b) To keep the mood.
(c) To torture the audience.
(d) To save time.
3. According to Strindberg, what interrupts the mood of the play?
4. Why does Miss Julie use a riding whip on her fiancé?
(a) To train him.
(b) He told her to.
(c) She was drunk.
(d) For fun.
5. Which of the following does Jean like to smoke?
(a) A bong.
(b) A pipe.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Julie tell Jean she is doing in her dream?
2. Why does Jean hesitate to dance with Julie?
3. What is the effect of Julie's treatment of Jean?
4. According to Strindberg, who should shoulder the feelings his characters provoke in the play?
5. In Scene 1, what does Jean observe about Christine and Julie?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Jean say he learned to speak French so well?
2. Summarize the play.
3. Why is Jean in such a good mood at the beginning of Scene 4?
4. What is the audience's responsibility in the Ballet?
5. How does Julie feel about stealing from her father?
6. Describe the final scene.
7. What is the significance of Jean tossing Julie the coin?
8. What does Jean tell Christine he witnessed Julie and her fiancé doing in the stableyard and how is it significant?
9. What is the significance of the ballet?
10. Why does Jean want to open a hotel?
This section contains 793 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)