|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Christine treating the situation with Jean and Julie?
2. After Christine goes to bed in Scene 2, how does Jean prove servitude to Julie?
(a) By saluting the king.
(b) By kissing her feet.
(c) By dropping to his knees.
(d) By pledging his loyalty.
3. What did Strindberg NOT use in his plays?
4. Who is similar to Julie's mother?
(a) Julie's dog.
5. What is Christine's demeanor in Pantomime?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jean say has happened to him only once?
2. What about Jean is Christine contemplating?
3. In which of the following countries does Strindberg set the play?
4. What profession does Julie think Jean should have pursued?
5. What does Jean tell Julie he wants to do in his dream?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Jean want to leave immediately?
2. What kind of relationship did the Countess have with her husband? What can we infer about her demise?
3. What does Julie need to accomplish to have a peaceful life?
4. Why is the Chorus singing this song?
5. What is the purpose of the preface?
6. How does Jean persuade Julie to go up to his room?
7. Why does Strindberg employ a pantomime?
8. Describe Jean's recurring dream.
9. What do Julie and Christine talk about while Jean gets changed?
10. How does Julie feel about stealing from her father?
This section contains 647 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)