|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Miss Julie's mother not want to marry?
(a) She enjoyed her freedom.
(b) She hated men.
(c) She was not religious.
(d) She wanted to stay with her father.
2. During the pantomime, what does Christine stand against a flower pot on the table?
(a) A glass.
(d) A garland.
3. In Scene 2, why is Julie excited when she enters the kitchen?
(a) Because of her new dress.
(b) Because she saw her fiancé.
(c) Because she made her curfew.
(d) Because of her dance with Jean.
4. During the pantomime, what does Christine put in the china closet?
(a) A bowl.
(b) A glass.
(c) A plate.
(d) A vase.
5. What does Jean say Miss Julie can smell?
Short Answer Questions
1. What will be Julie's role at the hotel?
2. What is Christine doing at the beginning of the first scene?
3. What claim does Christine feel she has over Jean?
4. Where does Miss Julie ask Jean to kiss her?
5. During the pantomime, Christine's thoughts are __________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jean tell Christine he witnessed Julie and her fiancé doing in the stableyard and how is it significant?
2. Why does Jean now want to get rid of Julie?
3. Why was Miss Julie's engagement broken off?
4. Why does Christine not question the way Julie flirts with her fiancé?
5. How critical is Strindberg?
6. Are Miss Julie and Jean aware of what their actions are doing to Christine?
7. Instead of leaving for Lake Como, what solution does Jean offer Julie? How does Julie respond?
8. What is the dance's significance to the plot of "Miss Julie?"
9. What does Julie tell happened to the estate when she was a child that led to the big fire?
10. Will Christine confront Julie and Jean when they return after the Pantomime?
This section contains 765 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)