|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following does Christine serve to Jean?
2. Which of the following two people are the only two characters in the play other than Miss Julie?
(a) Klara and Isabelle.
(b) The Count and Rubi.
(c) Jean and Christine.
(d) The Count and Margo.
3. Jean pretends to be ______.
4. What food does Christine fix for Jean?
5. In which of the following countries does Strindberg set the play?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why type of plays do the audiences in Strindberg's time want to see?
2. What is Jean's dream?
3. During the pantomime, what does Christine heat with a candle?
4. What is Strindberg's aim in disclosing so much in the preface?
5. During the pantomime, how does Christine appear to be?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Julie feel about stealing from her father?
2. What is the purpose of the preface?
3. What is the dance's significance to the plot of "Miss Julie?"
4. In addition to cleaning the kitchen, what else does Christine do to the kitchen that provides insight into how she feels about her position as a cook?
5. During the Ballet, is this uncharacteristic behavior of the servants?
6. What would be the effect of a relationship between Julie and Jean?
7. Does Julie's family have a dark past?
8. What does the mitten signify in the third stanza? How does it relate to Julie?
9. Why does Jean tell Julie, "The pack is always cowardly"?
10. What does the chorus represent in the play?
This section contains 675 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)