|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The chorus is composed of servants and ________.
(a) Upper class women.
(b) Farm people.
2. What is the financial situation of the characters in the Chorus song?
(a) They have all the money in the world.
(b) They're wealthy.
(c) They don't need money.
(d) They're broke.
3. After Jean and Julie exit scene 3, who is on stage?
(b) The Count.
(c) No one.
(d) The servants.
4. While the Chorus dances, what happens to the room?
(a) It gets brighter.
(b) It gets wrecked.
(c) It starts spinning.
(d) It gets cleaner.
5. What does Miss Julie she will do with Jean's heart after she has fried it?
(a) Hide it.
(b) Show it to her friends.
(c) Show it to her father.
(d) Eat it.
6. In the story of the chimney sweep, why is the chimney sweep going to be arrested?
(a) For theft.
(b) For domestic disturbance.
(c) For nonsupport of his children.
(d) For nonpayment of his taxes.
7. Why doesn't Julie care about Jean's hotel scheme?
(a) She knows it will fail.
(b) Because she only wants to be with him.
(c) She hates hotels.
(d) She knows it's just pretend.
8. What does Christine say she slept like?
(a) A dog.
(b) A stone.
(c) A door.
(d) A cat.
9. Which of the following names does Miss Julie say should be her surname?
(a) Mrs. Gatekeeper.
(b) Mrs. Heartstopper.
(c) Mrs Thornbush.
(d) Mrs. Slavedriver.
10. What does Jean tell Julie he wants to open?
(a) A restaurant.
(b) A hotel.
(c) A brothel.
(d) A shoe store.
11. What kind of dance do the folks do in the Count's kitchen?
(a) A country dance.
(b) A slow dance.
(c) A traditional dance.
(d) A courtly dance.
12. According to Jean, what should one do in such a battle?
(a) Run away.
(b) Make peace.
(c) Forgive and forget.
(d) Stay and fight.
13. Which of the following words best describes Christine's reaction towards Miss Julie when Miss Julie enters the kitchen?
14. Why does Jean tell Julie that they are on the same level?
(a) Because Jean respects her.
(b) Because Jean has been promoted.
(c) Because Julie has slept with him.
(d) Because Julie has left home.
15. Who is Jean speaking about when he tells Julie, "I have never known anyone else for whom I have such respect"?
(a) The Countess.
(d) The Count.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jean says the Chorus song is ______.
2. In what war did the Miller's wife find favor with the king?
3. When does Jean say he wants to leave the house?
4. When Julie enters the kitchen after the folk's dance is over, what does she do?
5. Where does Miss Julie go after she has finished speaking to Jean?
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)