|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are both of the kegs the folk carry decorated with?
2. Whose fears are coming true in Scene 3?
(c) The audience's.
(d) The servants'.
3. As they fight, Jean calls Julie _____.
(a) A whore.
(b) A wonderful woman.
(c) A pathetic girl.
(d) A devil.
4. In the story Jean tells Julie, the chimney sweep makes a deathbed for himself to escape his arrest. What kind of blossoms is the deathbed made of?
(a) Magnolia blossoms.
(b) Tulip blossoms.
(c) Rose blossoms.
(d) Syringa blossoms.
5. Who says, "Oh, I should like to see your blood flowing--to see your brain on the chopping block, all your sex swimming in a sea of blood. I believe I could drink out of your skull, bathe my feet in your breast and eat your heart cooked whole"?
(b) The Count.
6. What is the subject of the song the chorus sings?
7. According to Jean, what will Julie do at the establishment he wants to open?
(a) She will be the mistress.
(b) She will be the accountant.
(c) She will be the housekeeper.
(d) She will be the cook.
8. What can the audience infer Jean whispers in Julie's ear as the sun shines through the window?
(a) A proposal to marry him.
(b) A plea to love him.
(c) A request to forgive him.
(d) A command to kill herself.
9. What kind of dance do the folks do in the Count's kitchen?
(a) A country dance.
(b) A traditional dance.
(c) A courtly dance.
(d) A slow dance.
10. What kind of relationship does Christine want with Jean?
(b) A work relationship.
(c) Brother and sister.
(d) Husband and wife.
11. What does Miss Julie suggest Christine do when Miss Julie and Jean leave?
(a) Leave with them.
(b) Buy a horse.
(c) Get married.
(d) Find a new job.
12. What does Miss Julie say will stay in her memories?
(a) Christine's dress.
(b) Her night with Jean.
(c) Jean's dream.
(d) Her friends.
13. How does Miss Julie think her father will die?
(b) A stroke.
(d) A heart attack.
14. What does the Chorus song represent?
15. What will the Count find is gone when he arrives home?
(a) His life.
(b) His daughter.
(c) His car.
(d) His money.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens at the end of the Ballet?
2. Who are the characters in the Chorus' song?
3. Why does the Count try to kill himself?
4. What is the color of Jean's face as he talks to Christine?
5. Why does Jean insist to Julie that there must be formality between them?
This section contains 471 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)