|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jean says the Chorus song is ______.
2. What does Christine say she slept like?
(a) A cat.
(b) A dog.
(c) A stone.
(d) A door.
3. Julie tries to believe that her servants still _______.
(a) Love her.
(b) Are sane.
(c) Hate her.
(d) Work for her.
4. What is Jean doing while Miss Julie and Christine are talking?
5. What does Jean NOT have for his establishment?
6. In the third stanza of the chorus's song, what object will be sent?
(a) A dollar.
(b) A rose.
(c) A mitten.
(d) A jewel.
7. Who does Miss Julie say she will write to after she leaves?
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her father.
8. The audience must ______ at the conclusion of Scene 3.
9. What does Jean think Miss Julie should learn?
(d) Chicken slaughter.
10. Why does Jean quickly change his plans in Scene 4?
(a) He realizes Julie is penniless.
(b) He realizes he loves Christine.
(c) He snaps back to reality.
(d) He realizes he's thinking too small.
11. After the Chrous song, Julie attempts to _______.
(a) Laugh it off.
(b) Deny reality.
(c) Run away.
(d) Kiss Jean.
12. What does Julie ask Jean to speak to her like?
(a) A dolly bird.
(b) An animal.
(c) A peasant.
(d) A human being.
13. How was John the Baptist killed?
(a) He was crucified.
(b) He was beheaded.
(c) He was drowned.
(d) He was hanged.
14. When Julie enters the kitchen after the folk's dance is over, what does she do?
(a) She crimps her hair.
(b) She powders her face.
(c) She eats leftovers.
(d) She makes tea.
15. According to Julie, how did her mother raise her?
(a) Like a child of England.
(b) Like a child of God.
(c) Like a child of nature.
(d) Like a child of Heaven.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Scene 4, Jean compares Julie to prostitutes and ________.
2. In what war did the Miller's wife find favor with the king?
3. What are both of the kegs the folk carry decorated with?
4. How does Jean respond to Julie when she says, "Is there a being on earth so miserable as I"?
5. What is the melody of the dance the folk do in the Count's kitchen?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)