|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Chorus song represent?
2. When Jean enters the kitchen after the folk's dance is over, where does he suggest to Julie they should travel to?
3. Who says, "Oh, I should like to see your blood flowing--to see your brain on the chopping block, all your sex swimming in a sea of blood. I believe I could drink out of your skull, bathe my feet in your breast and eat your heart cooked whole"?
(a) The Count.
4. What does Jean tell Julie she should do to escape shame on her and her family?
(a) Leave home on her own.
(b) Stay and confess to the Count.
(c) Leave home with Jean.
(d) Stay and marry Jean.
5. Julie wants to tell Jean her life story before they ______.
(a) Get married.
(b) Leave each other.
(c) Travel together.
(d) Tell Christine.
6. If the servants break down the door, what does Jean promise to do?
(a) Shoot them.
(b) Run away.
(c) Help Julie escape.
(d) Tell them to leave.
7. The chorus is composed of servants and ________.
(a) Upper class women.
(d) Farm people.
8. What does Miss Julie want to build next to Lake Como?
(a) A mansion.
(b) A castle.
(c) A villa.
(d) A chateau.
9. Complete the following sentence; I can't understand all this __________.
(c) Hanky panky.
10. Who does Miss Julie say she will write to after she leaves?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her father.
11. In what war did the Miller's wife find favor with the king?
(a) The Polish War.
(b) The Danish War.
(c) The Crimean War.
(d) The Boer War.
12. What does Jean tell Julie he wants to open?
(a) A hotel.
(b) A shoe store.
(c) A restaurant.
(d) A brothel.
13. Why does Julie tell Jean about the chorus finding them, "But think if they found you there"?
(a) Because they will discover their affair.
(b) Because they will lose their jobs.
(c) Because they will want to join the festival.
(d) Because they will want compensation from the Count.
14. According to Christine, why should one respect one's betters?
(a) Because it is part of God's plan.
(b) Because it is the law.
(c) Because it reflects on one's self.
(d) Because it reflects on society.
15. What was the occupation of Julie's mother's lover?
(a) A pipe engineer.
(b) A chimney sweep.
(c) A coach builder.
(d) A brick manufacturer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Every other line in the Chorus song reads:
2. What does Miss Julie say Jean has butchered?
3. In the ballet, what do the folks help themselves to in the Count's kitchen?
4. What happens at the end of the Ballet?
5. What are both of the kegs the folk carry decorated with?
This section contains 459 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)