|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jean tell Julie he wants to open?
(a) A hotel.
(b) A shoe store.
(c) A brothel.
(d) A restaurant.
2. What is Miss Julie's view on God?
(a) She thinks there are many Gods.
(b) She loves Him.
(c) She doubts He exists.
(d) She believes only in Jean.
3. Who is the last person the audience sees leaving the kitchen?
(b) Miss Julie.
4. What is the subject of the song the chorus sings?
5. In the Chorus song, whom does the speaker say they think of?
(a) A quiet old man.
(b) Their spouse's sister.
(c) A foreign prince.
6. What does Jean think he hears after he tells Julie that she takes strength from him so that he becomes a coward?
(a) A voice.
(b) A bell.
(c) A carriage.
(d) A bird.
7. What does Jean give Miss Julie when she asks him to help her?
(a) A watch.
(b) A bottle of wine.
(c) A key.
(d) A knife.
8. Why does Jean tell Julie that they are on the same level?
(a) Because Jean has been promoted.
(b) Because Julie has slept with him.
(c) Because Julie has left home.
(d) Because Jean respects her.
9. According to Julie, who was responsible for the big fire that destroyed the house and stables?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her mother.
10. What is the melody of the dance the folk do in the Count's kitchen?
(a) "The peasant and His Mistress."
(b) "There Came the Farmer and His Goat."
(c) "There Came Two Ladies Out of the Woods."
(d) "The Wolf and the Pig."
11. What kind of animal does Christine say passes through an eye of a needle?
(a) A giraffe.
(b) A mule.
(c) An elephant.
(d) A camel.
12. Christine tells Julie, "Where sin overflows, there ________overflows also."
13. Why does Julie tell Jean about the chorus finding them, "But think if they found you there"?
(a) Because they will discover their affair.
(b) Because they will want to join the festival.
(c) Because they will want compensation from the Count.
(d) Because they will lose their jobs.
14. What does Jean tell Julie is an eternal summer?
(a) The Italian lakes.
(b) The French Riveria.
(c) The Spanish coast.
(d) The Swiss countryside.
15. Why does Jean tell Christine that she can't have respect for her master and mistress any longer?
(a) Because she's the Count's mistress and a spy for the government.
(b) Because she betrayed Julie to the Count and sold bribes to Jean.
(c) Because she gets a commission on the groceries and a bribe from the butcher.
(d) Because she is the butcher's mistress and a spy for Jean.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Miss Julie say will stay in her memories?
2. What does Jean steal from the Count that he offers to Julie?
3. Why is Jean disappointed in Scene 4?
4. In the chorus's song, the ladies talk of a hundred_______.
5. According to Julie, what type of men are easy to catch as husbands?
This section contains 496 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)