|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Jean want to open a hotel?
(a) To make money.
(b) To be nice.
(c) To have a cover business for illegal activity.
(d) To capture teenage runaways.
2. What does Miss Julie say will stay in her memories?
(a) Her night with Jean.
(b) Jean's dream.
(c) Christine's dress.
(d) Her friends.
3. What does Miss Julie's face look like when she enters the kitchen?
(a) Like sleeper.
(b) Like an animal.
(c) Like death.
(d) Like a baby.
4. What does Miss Julie say she could do with Jean's heart?
(a) Stab it.
(b) Bury it.
(c) Burn it.
(d) Fry it.
5. How is Christine dressed when she enters after Jean commands Julie to leave for her room?
(a) For church.
(b) For work.
(c) For travel.
(d) For a party.
6. Who is the Chorus referring to in their song?
(b) Ghosts and goblins.
(d) Jean and Julie.
7. Where does Miss Julie not want to leave her bird?
(a) On the roof.
(b) In her house.
(c) In her room.
(d) In Jean's hands.
8. What does Miss Julie ask Jean to do to her?
(a) Kiss her.
(b) Kill her.
(c) Touch her.
(d) Palm her.
9. In Scene 4, Jean compares Julie to prostitutes and ________.
10. What does the Chorus song represent?
11. What does Jean tell Julie is an eternal summer?
(a) The Italian lakes.
(b) The Swiss countryside.
(c) The French Riveria.
(d) The Spanish coast.
12. According to Jean, what should one do in such a battle?
(a) Forgive and forget.
(b) Make peace.
(c) Stay and fight.
(d) Run away.
13. How is Jean when he returns to the kitchen in Scene 4?
14. Jean tells Julie, "One must always be ___________ to capture a woman."
15. In the story Jean tells Julie, the chimney sweep makes a deathbed for himself to escape his arrest. What kind of blossoms is the deathbed made of?
(a) Magnolia blossoms.
(b) Tulip blossoms.
(c) Rose blossoms.
(d) Syringa blossoms.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Julie's mother take revenge on the Count for taking the reins of their home from her?
2. In the ballet, what do the folk place on the table?
3. According to the chorus's song, one of the ladies does what with her foot?
4. What does Miss Julie say she wishes for?
5. Why is Jean disappointed in Scene 4?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)