|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't Julie care about Jean's hotel scheme?
(a) She knows it's just pretend.
(b) She knows it will fail.
(c) She hates hotels.
(d) Because she only wants to be with him.
2. What is the color of Jean's face as he talks to Christine?
3. What does Jean say always sounds harsh?
(a) A command.
(b) His cough.
(c) A crow.
(d) His laugh.
4. Who is the only person Miss Julie says she will leave with?
(c) Her brother.
(d) Her father.
5. What does Julie have to learn as a child?
(a) How to be a lady.
(b) How to flirt.
(c) How to do what boys do.
(d) How to do math.
6. What does Jean pick up when Miss Julie leaves the kitchen?
(a) A bottle of water.
(b) A bottle of wine.
(c) A coin.
(d) A notebook.
7. How is the barrel decorated?
(a) With photos.
(b) With ribbons.
(c) With jewels.
(d) With garlands.
8. How does Julie respond to Jean's statement about the nature of the chorus's song?
(a) "Dreadful! Oh horrible! And how frightening!"
(b) "Wonderful! Oh delightful! And how brave!"
(c) "Infamous! Oh delightful! And how scandalous!"
(d) "Infamous! Oh horrible! And how cowardly!"
9. Why does Jean quickly change his plans in Scene 4?
(a) He realizes he's thinking too small.
(b) He snaps back to reality.
(c) He realizes he loves Christine.
(d) He realizes Julie is penniless.
10. What kind of animal does Miss Julie want to take with her on her journey?
(a) A mouse.
(b) A cat.
(c) A bird.
(d) A puppy.
11. What advice does Miss Julie want Jean to give her?
(a) If she should go to sleep.
(b) If she should work.
(c) What to do with her life.
(d) What she should wear.
12. Who is singing during the chorus?
13. What kind of child is Julie?
(a) A quiet child.
(b) A rebellious child.
(c) A nature child.
(d) A well-mannered child.
14. What does Julie realize from the Chorus song?
(a) The meaning of life.
(b) Everyone is drunk.
(c) Christine is ill.
(d) People know about her and Jean.
15. What do Jean and Julie actually hear after Jean says, "Stop your cars. Stop your ears?"
(a) One loud cry.
(b) Two loud rings.
(c) Four loud steps.
(d) Three loud knocks.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Jean insist to Julie that there must be formality between them?
2. After Julie addresses Jean's debt, what does he toss her?
3. Where do Jean and Christine usually go after dinner?
4. Where does Miss Julie go after she has finished speaking to Jean?
5. Julie asks Jean to call her _____.
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)