|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Jean doing while Miss Julie and Christine are talking?
2. What does Miss Julie she will do with Jean's heart after she has fried it?
(a) Show it to her father.
(b) Eat it.
(c) Hide it.
(d) Show it to her friends.
3. Who does Jean think is walking up and down in the room above him and Christine?
(b) Miss Julie.
(c) The Count.
4. Who is singing during the chorus?
5. According to Julie, who was responsible for the big fire that destroyed the house and stables?
(b) Her father.
(c) Her mother.
6. What does Jean argue to Julie about the Chorus song?
(a) That the servants have had too much to drink.
(b) That it's about them.
(c) That the servants have talent.
(d) That it's a bad song.
7. Why do Julie and Jean go to Jean's room?
(a) Because Jean suggested it.
(b) Because Julie demanded.
(c) It's the only private place.
(d) It gets a nice breeze.
8. What do Jean and Julie actually hear after Jean says, "Stop your cars. Stop your ears?"
(a) Two loud rings.
(b) Four loud steps.
(c) Three loud knocks.
(d) One loud cry.
9. How does Miss Julie think her father will die?
(a) A heart attack.
(d) A stroke.
10. Why is Jean scared of speaking with Miss Julie?
(a) She is too beautiful.
(b) She is too noisy.
(c) She makes him feel high.
(d) She sends him into a rage.
11. In the third stanza of the chorus's song, what object will be sent?
(a) A dollar.
(b) A mitten.
(c) A jewel.
(d) A rose.
12. After Jean and Julie exit scene 3, who is on stage?
(a) The servants.
(c) No one.
(d) The Count.
13. What does Miss Julie say she wants to see in Hamburg?
(a) The river.
(b) The castle.
(c) The zoo.
(d) The clothes shops.
14. What kind of child is Julie?
(a) A well-mannered child.
(b) A nature child.
(c) A quiet child.
(d) A rebellious child.
15. Jean responds to Julie's request to save her honor by saying, "It is absolutely as though this ______does it--but I can't command you now."
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jean pick up when Miss Julie leaves the kitchen?
2. What are Jean's final words to Julie before she departs?
3. Complete the following sentence; I can't understand all this __________.
4. According to Jean, who is the rotten limb in Julie's analogy of the eagle perched on a limb?
5. What does Miss Julie say her father will do when he finds his money is gone?
This section contains 473 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)