|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jean says the Chorus song is ______.
2. What does the sun illuminate?
(a) A park.
(b) The kitchen.
(c) The hills.
(d) A field.
3. Why does Julie tell Jean about the chorus finding them, "But think if they found you there"?
(a) Because they will discover their affair.
(b) Because they will lose their jobs.
(c) Because they will want compensation from the Count.
(d) Because they will want to join the festival.
4. What does Julie realize from the Chorus song?
(a) The meaning of life.
(b) People know about her and Jean.
(c) Everyone is drunk.
(d) Christine is ill.
5. What does Jean tell Julie she should do to escape shame on her and her family?
(a) Leave home on her own.
(b) Stay and confess to the Count.
(c) Leave home with Jean.
(d) Stay and marry Jean.
6. Why does Jean tell Julie that they are on the same level?
(a) Because Julie has slept with him.
(b) Because Jean has been promoted.
(c) Because Julie has left home.
(d) Because Jean respects her.
7. In the chorus's song, the ladies talk of a hundred_______.
8. What does Miss Julie suggest Christine do when Miss Julie and Jean leave?
(a) Find a new job.
(b) Leave with them.
(c) Buy a horse.
(d) Get married.
9. According to Jean, who is the song about that the chorus sings?
(a) Jean and Julie.
(b) Jean and Christine.
(c) The Count and Countess.
(d) Julie and Christine.
10. According to Jean, what will Julie do at the establishment he wants to open?
(a) She will be the cook.
(b) She will be the mistress.
(c) She will be the housekeeper.
(d) She will be the accountant.
11. What does Jean think is making Miss Julie feel sick?
(a) The sight of blood.
(b) Having to leave home.
(c) The bad weather.
(d) The bad food.
12. What kind of dance do the folks do in the Count's kitchen?
(a) A slow dance.
(b) A traditional dance.
(c) A country dance.
(d) A courtly dance.
13. When Julie returns and asks Jean to go with her on the train, she says, "One may fly, fly, but ___________follow in the pack wagon."
(a) Sadness and loneliness.
(b) Happiness and joy.
(c) Joy and sorrow.
(d) Anguish and remorse.
14. What does Julie tell Jean she can't leave behind?
(a) Her dog.
(b) Her horse.
(c) Her cat.
(d) Her canary.
15. When does Jean want Miss Julie to leave?
(a) After her father comes home.
(b) When she feels better.
(d) Before her father comes home.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom does Miss Julie have to share Jean?
2. While the Chorus dances, what happens to the room?
3. What is occurring off stage during Ballet?
4. According to Jean, it gives him satisfaction to know, "It is the glitter of brass, not _________, that dazzles us from below."
5. Who does Christine think is walking up and down in the room above her and Jean?
This section contains 495 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)