|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Jean leaves to shave, what does Julie suggest to Christine the three of them should do?
(a) To to Italy and open a restaurant.
(b) Go to Spain and buy a tavern.
(c) Go to Germany and buy a farm.
(d) Go to Switzerland and open a hotel.
2. Who is the Chorus referring to in their song?
(a) Ghosts and goblins.
(d) Jean and Julie.
3. Who is singing in the Chorus?
(a) The servants.
(b) Julie's family.
4. What kind of relationship does Christine want with Jean?
(b) Husband and wife.
(c) Brother and sister.
(d) A work relationship.
5. The Chorus places a barrel of ______ on the table.
6. Julie tries to believe that her servants still _______.
(a) Are sane.
(b) Work for her.
(c) Hate her.
(d) Love her.
7. Where does Jean advise Miss Julie to go?
(b) A forest.
(c) A big city.
(d) An Indian reserve.
8. Which of the following names does Miss Julie say should be her surname?
(a) Mrs. Slavedriver.
(b) Mrs Thornbush.
(c) Mrs. Gatekeeper.
(d) Mrs. Heartstopper.
9. What does the sun illuminate?
(a) A park.
(b) The kitchen.
(c) The hills.
(d) A field.
10. In what war did the Miller's wife find favor with the king?
(a) The Crimean War.
(b) The Danish War.
(c) The Polish War.
(d) The Boer War.
11. Julie asks Jean to call her _____.
(a) His fiancé.
(c) Miss Julie.
12. If the servants break down the door, what does Jean promise to do?
(a) Tell them to leave.
(b) Help Julie escape.
(c) Shoot them.
(d) Run away.
13. In the third stanza of the chorus's song, what object will be sent?
(a) A mitten.
(b) A jewel.
(c) A rose.
(d) A dollar.
14. What song is the Chorus dancing to in Ballet?
(a) The one they were singing earlier.
(b) A sad, tragic song.
(c) A messy and nonsensical song.
(d) A classic song.
15. What does Miss Julie she will do with Jean's heart after she has fried it?
(a) Show it to her father.
(b) Eat it.
(c) Hide it.
(d) Show it to her friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Jean scared of speaking with Miss Julie?
2. Who exits Scene 3 first?
3. According to Julie, who was responsible for the big fire that destroyed the house and stables?
4. Which of the following painters does Miss Julie tell Jean they can see in Munich?
5. What does Miss Julie say her father will do when he finds his money is gone?
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)