|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Miss Julie call her canary?
(a) Little rat.
(b) Little Jupiter.
(c) Little siren.
(d) Little beauty.
2. What does the Chorus wear in their hats?
3. When Jean enters the kitchen after the folk's dance is over, where does he suggest to Julie they should travel to?
4. Who does Jean tell Miss Julie to keep in the sack?
(a) The king.
(b) The butcher.
(c) The miller.
(d) The bitch.
5. In the chorus's song, from where do the ladies come?
(a) The woods.
(b) The house.
(c) The building.
(d) The lake.
6. Which of the following does Julie say she can't take?
7. What does Miss Julie hear outside?
(a) A deer.
(b) A carriage.
(c) A thief.
(d) A song.
8. According to Julie, what type of men are easy to catch as husbands?
9. What does Jean think is making Miss Julie feel sick?
(a) The bad weather.
(b) Having to leave home.
(c) The sight of blood.
(d) The bad food.
10. In the ballet, what kind of dress are the folk wearing?
11. According to Julie, what does the chorus feel toward her?
(a) Fear and loathing.
(b) Contempt and jealousy.
(c) Love and respect.
(d) Indifference and boredom.
12. Why does Jean want to open a hotel?
(a) To have a cover business for illegal activity.
(b) To be nice.
(c) To capture teenage runaways.
(d) To make money.
13. In the first line of the chorus's song, how many ladies are there?
14. Who says, "Oh, I should like to see your blood flowing--to see your brain on the chopping block, all your sex swimming in a sea of blood. I believe I could drink out of your skull, bathe my feet in your breast and eat your heart cooked whole"?
(d) The Count.
15. Which of the following painters does Miss Julie tell Jean they can see in Munich?
Short Answer Questions
1. In the Chorus song, whom does the speaker say they think of?
2. Who does Miss Julie say she will write to after she leaves?
3. How does Julie respond to Jean's statement about the nature of the chorus's song?
4. Why does Julie ask Jean to take her away from home?
5. What does Jean think Miss Julie should learn?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)