|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jean steal from the Count that he offers to Julie?
2. Jean tells Julie that in Romania, one can buy what cheap?
(c) A title.
(d) A farm.
3. What does Miss Julie tell Christine she believes in?
4. When Julie asks Jean to order her what to do, what is she doing to Jean?
(a) Flattering him.
(b) Tricking him.
(c) Submitting to him.
(d) Mocking him.
5. How is the barrel decorated?
(a) With ribbons.
(b) With photos.
(c) With jewels.
(d) With garlands.
6. According to Julie, how did her mother raise her?
(a) Like a child of England.
(b) Like a child of nature.
(c) Like a child of Heaven.
(d) Like a child of God.
7. What type of song is in the Chorus?
(a) A quiet ballad.
(b) A classical song.
(c) A folk song.
(d) A modern song.
8. According to Jean, why is Julie "lucky?"
(a) That he's too tired to fight.
(b) There's no punishment for seductresses.
(c) That he doesn't tell her father.
(d) That he's her friend.
9. What do Jean and Julie actually hear after Jean says, "Stop your cars. Stop your ears?"
(a) Four loud steps.
(b) Two loud rings.
(c) Three loud knocks.
(d) One loud cry.
10. What does Miss Julie say she could do with Jean's heart?
(a) Bury it.
(b) Burn it.
(c) Fry it.
(d) Stab it.
11. After the chorus, Jean tells Julie that he is her _______________ friend.
(a) Good, grateful, honest.
(b) Genuine, honest, good.
(c) Real, genuine, respectful.
(d) True, respectful, admiring.
12. What kind of language does Jean tell Christine to use when she talks to Miss Julie?
(a) Proper language.
(b) Crude language.
(c) French language.
(d) Working class language.
13. Fill in the blank of a line in the chorus's song, "For another, I'm going to ______you."
14. How does Julie respond to Jean's statement about the nature of the chorus's song?
(a) "Wonderful! Oh delightful! And how brave!"
(b) "Infamous! Oh delightful! And how scandalous!"
(c) "Dreadful! Oh horrible! And how frightening!"
(d) "Infamous! Oh horrible! And how cowardly!"
15. If the servants break down the door, what does Jean promise to do?
(a) Run away.
(b) Shoot them.
(c) Tell them to leave.
(d) Help Julie escape.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Miss Julie say she will write to after she leaves?
2. According to Jean, what will Julie do at the establishment he wants to open?
3. Who exits Scene 3 first?
4. According to Jean, "Necessity knows no __________."
5. What does Jean tell Julie she should do to escape shame on her and her family?
This section contains 448 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)