|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Miss Julie suggest Christine do when Miss Julie and Jean leave?
(a) Buy a horse.
(b) Leave with them.
(c) Find a new job.
(d) Get married.
2. Every other line in the Chorus song reads:
(a) Hoo-ha Hoo-hum.
3. Who does Miss Julie say she will write to after she leaves?
(b) Her mother.
(d) Her father.
4. What does Jean tell Julie is an eternal summer?
(a) The Spanish coast.
(b) The Swiss countryside.
(c) The French Riveria.
(d) The Italian lakes.
5. Who enters the ballet after Julie and Jean exit the scene?
(a) City folk.
(b) Farm folk.
(c) Religious folk.
(d) Rich folk.
6. In the story of the chimney sweep, why is the chimney sweep going to be arrested?
(a) For nonpayment of his taxes.
(b) For nonsupport of his children.
(c) For domestic disturbance.
(d) For theft.
7. Julie tries to believe that her servants still _______.
(a) Are sane.
(b) Love her.
(c) Hate her.
(d) Work for her.
8. In Scene 4, Jean compares Julie to prostitutes and ________.
9. What does Christine have in her hand?
(a) A box.
(b) A song book.
(c) A magazine.
(d) A hat.
10. When does Jean say he wants to leave the house?
(b) A bit later.
(c) He doesn't want to leave.
(d) In a few days.
11. What does Jean think the servants' motives are?
(a) They're selling Julie's secrets to newspapers.
(b) They're going to sabotage her relationships.
(c) They want to take advantage of Julie's position.
(d) They are going to rob her.
12. Jean tells Julie, "The pack is always ___________."
13. Why does Jean tell Julie that she should have learned how to chop off a chicken's head instead of shooting a revolver?
(a) So that she wouldn't swoon at a drop of blood.
(b) So that she would make a good wife.
(c) So that she could learn to be a cook.
(d) So that she couldn't shoot him with a gun.
14. Jean changes his story about the first time he saw Julie. What does he now claim he was thinking?
(a) About money.
(b) About food.
(c) Dirty thoughts.
(d) How beautiful she was.
15. Where does Miss Julie not want to leave her bird?
(a) In Jean's hands.
(b) On the roof.
(c) In her room.
(d) In her house.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Julie tell Jean that she has nothing to give Jean in terms of capital?
2. What part of her body does Miss Julie clean?
3. According to Jean, who is the song about that the chorus sings?
4. What does the Chorus song represent?
5. What does Jean tell Julie he wants to open?
This section contains 459 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)