|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens at the end of the Ballet?
(a) The police come to the house.
(b) The alcohol runs out.
(c) Christine joins in.
(d) The Chorus leaves.
2. What does Miss Julie say will stay in her memories?
(a) Her night with Jean.
(b) Her friends.
(c) Christine's dress.
(d) Jean's dream.
3. What does Miss Julie say her father will do when he finds his money is gone?
(a) Call the police.
(b) Kill himself.
(c) Ring the bell twice.
(d) Hire a detective.
4. What is the financial situation of the characters in the Chorus song?
(a) They don't need money.
(b) They're broke.
(c) They're wealthy.
(d) They have all the money in the world.
5. Fill in the blank of a line in the chorus's song, "For another, I'm going to ______you."
6. What was the occupation of Julie's mother's lover?
(a) A coach builder.
(b) A chimney sweep.
(c) A brick manufacturer.
(d) A pipe engineer.
7. What do the folk in the kitchen do after their dance is over?
(a) They eat.
(b) They pray.
(c) They sleep.
(d) They leave.
8. According to Julie, what type of men are easy to catch as husbands?
9. Jean says he dreams of traveling to what part of Italy?
10. What does Miss Julie hear outside?
(a) A deer.
(b) A carriage.
(c) A song.
(d) A thief.
11. What does Jean tell Julie is an eternal summer?
(a) The French Riveria.
(b) The Swiss countryside.
(c) The Spanish coast.
(d) The Italian lakes.
12. What does Jean think is making Miss Julie feel sick?
(a) Having to leave home.
(b) The bad food.
(c) The sight of blood.
(d) The bad weather.
13. What jobs does Christine suggest Jean get when they are married?
(a) A soldier or banker.
(b) A gatekeeper or watchman.
(c) A cotter or bookeeper.
(d) A brick layer or cobbler.
14. Where does Jean want to accompany Miss Julie?
(a) The church.
(b) The stable.
(c) The pub.
(d) The station.
15. What does the Chorus wear in their hats?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jean promise he will do if the chorus finds them?
2. How is Jean when he returns to the kitchen in Scene 4?
3. What advice does Miss Julie want Jean to give her?
4. Who does Jean tell Miss Julie to keep in the sack?
5. What does Miss Julie's face look like when she enters the kitchen?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)