|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Miss Julie call her canary?
(a) Little siren.
(b) Little beauty.
(c) Little Jupiter.
(d) Little rat.
2. What does the sun illuminate?
(a) A field.
(b) A park.
(c) The kitchen.
(d) The hills.
3. What does Julie do when she returns to the kitchen in Scene 4, after the Ballet?
(a) Makes a phone call.
(b) Packs her things.
(c) Starts to cry.
(d) Powders her face.
4. When Julie returns and asks Jean to go with her on the train, she says, "One may fly, fly, but ___________follow in the pack wagon."
(a) Anguish and remorse.
(b) Happiness and joy.
(c) Sadness and loneliness.
(d) Joy and sorrow.
5. Which character in the Bible will be the topic of the church sermon?
(a) John the Baptist.
(b) Jesus Christ.
(c) The Virgin Mary.
6. What does Jean say always sounds harsh?
(a) His laugh.
(b) A command.
(c) A crow.
(d) His cough.
7. How is Jean when he returns to the kitchen in Scene 4?
8. What does Miss Julie say Christine could do at the hotel?
(a) Wait on tables.
9. According to the chorus's song, one of the ladies does what with her foot?
(a) Wets it.
(b) Touches it.
(c) Kicks it.
(d) Hurts it.
10. According to Julie, how did her mother raise her?
(a) Like a child of England.
(b) Like a child of Heaven.
(c) Like a child of nature.
(d) Like a child of God.
11. What does Miss Julie ask Jean to do to her?
(a) Touch her.
(b) Kill her.
(c) Palm her.
(d) Kiss her.
12. In Scene 4, Jean compares Julie to prostitutes and ________.
13. What does Jean tell Julie she should do to escape shame on her and her family?
(a) Stay and marry Jean.
(b) Leave home with Jean.
(c) Stay and confess to the Count.
(d) Leave home on her own.
14. What is the color of Jean's face as he talks to Christine?
15. What is the financial situation of the characters in the Chorus song?
(a) They have all the money in the world.
(b) They're broke.
(c) They're wealthy.
(d) They don't need money.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Ballet, who enters after Jean and Julie?
2. How does Miss Julie think her father will die?
3. What kind of relationship does Christine want with Jean?
4. What will the Count find is gone when he arrives home?
5. What does Christine say she slept like?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)