|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the story of the chimney sweep, why is the chimney sweep going to be arrested?
(a) For nonpayment of his taxes.
(b) For theft.
(c) For nonsupport of his children.
(d) For domestic disturbance.
2. If the servants break down the door, what does Jean promise to do?
(a) Run away.
(b) Shoot them.
(c) Help Julie escape.
(d) Tell them to leave.
3. Who does Jean tell Miss Julie to keep in the sack?
(a) The bitch.
(b) The king.
(c) The butcher.
(d) The miller.
4. What does Miss Julie she will do with Jean's heart after she has fried it?
(a) Hide it.
(b) Eat it.
(c) Show it to her friends.
(d) Show it to her father.
5. In the first line of the chorus's song, how many ladies are there?
6. With whom does Miss Julie have to share Jean?
7. What happens at the end of the Ballet?
(a) The Chorus leaves.
(b) The alcohol runs out.
(c) Christine joins in.
(d) The police come to the house.
8. In the ballet, what is in the larger keg the folk carry?
9. What does Jean say Miss Julie is when she tells him she wants to take her canary?
10. Jean tells Julie, "One must always be ___________ to capture a woman."
11. What does the sun illuminate?
(a) The hills.
(b) A park.
(c) The kitchen.
(d) A field.
12. What will the Count find is gone when he arrives home?
(a) His car.
(b) His money.
(c) His daughter.
(d) His life.
13. What does Jean argue to Julie about the Chorus song?
(a) That it's about them.
(b) That the servants have had too much to drink.
(c) That the servants have talent.
(d) That it's a bad song.
14. What does Miss Julie say she could do with Jean's breast?
(a) Turn it in to a sculpture.
(b) Bathe her feet in it.
(c) Turn it into dust.
(d) Play music with it.
15. What does the Chorus song represent?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Julie and Jean go to Jean's room?
2. How is Christine dressed when she enters after Jean commands Julie to leave for her room?
3. How is the barrel decorated?
4. Who does Jean think is walking up and down in the room above him and Christine?
5. In the chorus's song, the ladies talk of a hundred_______.
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)