|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What occurs after Scene 3?
(a) Julie and Jean's relationship changes.
(b) Christine comes looking for Jean.
(c) A moment of silence.
(d) The play ends.
2. What does Jean steal from the Count that he offers to Julie?
3. The Chorus places a barrel of ______ on the table.
4. Whose fears are coming true in Scene 3?
(c) The audience's.
(d) The servants'.
5. The chorus is composed of servants and ________.
(a) Upper class women.
(d) Farm people.
6. According to Julie, what type of men are easy to catch as husbands?
7. What does the Chorus song represent?
8. What does Miss Julie say will stay in her memories?
(a) Her night with Jean.
(b) Christine's dress.
(c) Jean's dream.
(d) Her friends.
9. Why does Jean not want to go to church the next day?
(a) He does not believe in God.
(b) It takes too long.
(c) He has better things to do.
(d) The priest will want to talk to him.
10. Julie tells Jean that through her mother, she learned to _________men.
(a) Love and honor.
(b) Respect and admire.
(c) Hurt and punish.
(d) Distrust and hate.
11. Which of the following names does Miss Julie say should be her surname?
(a) Mrs. Gatekeeper.
(b) Mrs Thornbush.
(c) Mrs. Heartstopper.
(d) Mrs. Slavedriver.
12. What does Jean think Miss Julie should learn?
(c) Chicken slaughter.
13. What does Miss Julie say her father will do when he finds his money is gone?
(a) Ring the bell twice.
(b) Call the police.
(c) Hire a detective.
(d) Kill himself.
14. How did Julie's mother take revenge on the Count for taking the reins of their home from her?
(a) By having an affair with her friend.
(b) By entrusting her money to her friend's care.
(c) By abandoning him to care for Julie.
(d) By leaving all her money to Julie.
15. What does Miss Julie she will do with Jean's heart after she has fried it?
(a) Eat it.
(b) Hide it.
(c) Show it to her father.
(d) Show it to her friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Christine say she cannot continue working at the house?
2. After the chorus, Jean tells Julie that he is her _______________ friend.
3. In Scene 3, Jean swears to Julie he will be a ______.
4. What are both of the kegs the folk carry decorated with?
5. With whom does Miss Julie have to share Jean?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)