|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jean think Miss Julie should learn?
(b) Chicken slaughter.
2. What happens at the end of the Ballet?
(a) The Chorus leaves.
(b) The alcohol runs out.
(c) The police come to the house.
(d) Christine joins in.
3. Where does Jean steal his story of the oat bin from?
(a) His friend.
(b) A book.
(c) A different situation.
(d) A newspaper.
4. Which part of Miss Julie's body does Strindberg describe as dirty?
(a) Her leg.
(b) Her hands.
(c) Her head.
(d) Her face.
5. What is the color of Jean's face as he talks to Christine?
6. What does Jean argue to Julie about the Chorus song?
(a) That it's about them.
(b) That it's a bad song.
(c) That the servants have had too much to drink.
(d) That the servants have talent.
7. Why does Julie tell Jean about the chorus finding them, "But think if they found you there"?
(a) Because they will lose their jobs.
(b) Because they will discover their affair.
(c) Because they will want compensation from the Count.
(d) Because they will want to join the festival.
8. Who does Christine think is walking up and down in the room above her and Jean?
(b) Miss Julie.
(c) The Count.
9. What do the folk in the kitchen do after their dance is over?
(a) They sleep.
(b) They eat.
(c) They leave.
(d) They pray.
10. Why does Julie tell Jean that she has nothing to give Jean in terms of capital?
(a) Because she is poor like him.
(b) Because she is saving money.
(c) Because she doesn't want to.
(d) Because she is an unmarried woman.
11. In the ballet, what do the folks help themselves to in the Count's kitchen?
12. How does Julie respond to Jean's mean remarks in Scene 4?
(a) She yells at him.
(b) She walks out.
(c) She submits.
(d) She cries.
13. What does Julie ask Jean to speak to her like?
(a) A human being.
(b) An animal.
(c) A peasant.
(d) A dolly bird.
14. What does Miss Julie say she could do with Jean's skull?
(a) Skin it.
(b) Crush it.
(c) Kiss it.
(d) Drink from it.
15. What kind of relationship does Christine want with Jean?
(b) Brother and sister.
(c) A work relationship.
(d) Husband and wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following words best describes Christine's reaction towards Miss Julie when Miss Julie enters the kitchen?
2. What does Jean tell Julie she should do to escape shame on her and her family?
3. According to Jean, what does he possess that will allow him to move up in class?
4. Where does Jean suggest to Julie they should go to get away from the chorus?
5. What does Jean say Miss Julie is when she tells him she wants to take her canary?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)