|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Julie addresses Jean's debt, what does he toss her?
(a) A coin.
(b) A piece of candy.
(c) A gun.
(d) A letter.
2. What will the Count find is gone when he arrives home?
(a) His daughter.
(b) His money.
(c) His life.
(d) His car.
3. Whose hand is Jean referring to?
(b) The police's.
(d) The Count's.
4. What is in the smaller keg the folk carry?
5. Which of the following words best describes Miss Julie's reaction to Jean's help?
6. What is the name of the lake Julie suggests the three of them buy a villa on once they are rich?
7. Where does Miss Julie not want to leave her bird?
(a) In Jean's hands.
(b) In her house.
(c) On the roof.
(d) In her room.
8. According to Christine, it is easier for a camel to pass through an eye of an needle than for a ______man to enter the Kingdom of Heaven.
9. According to Jean, what should one do in such a battle?
(a) Stay and fight.
(b) Make peace.
(c) Forgive and forget.
(d) Run away.
10. Julie tells Jean, "I haven't anything of my own. I haven't a ________ which was not nay father's--not a ________ that wasn't my mother's.
(a) Thought; passion.
(b) Passion; thought.
(c) Idea; belief.
(d) Belief; idea.
11. Who exits Scene 3 first?
(a) Julie and Jean together.
(c) The servants.
12. Who does Miss Julie say will marry Christine?
(a) A rich German gentleman.
(b) A rich French gentleman.
(c) A rich English gentleman.
(d) A rich Swiss gentleman.
13. When does Jean want Miss Julie to leave?
(a) When she feels better.
(b) After her father comes home.
(c) Before her father comes home.
14. In the ballet, what kind of dress are the folk wearing?
15. If the servants break down the door, what does Jean promise to do?
(a) Tell them to leave.
(b) Shoot them.
(c) Run away.
(d) Help Julie escape.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Jean's final words to Julie before she departs?
2. Why does Jean not want to go to church the next day?
3. Who would Julie be in the hotel?
4. What does Jean claim is the real reason for Julie's failed engagement?
5. Why is Jean disappointed in Scene 4?
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)