|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following animals does Miss Julie call Jean?
(a) A gorilla.
(b) A cat.
(c) A dog.
(d) A monkey.
2. Why does Julie tell Jean that she has nothing to give Jean in terms of capital?
(a) Because she is saving money.
(b) Because she is an unmarried woman.
(c) Because she doesn't want to.
(d) Because she is poor like him.
3. What does Julie ask Jean to tell to give her courage?
(a) That he wants her.
(b) That he loves her.
(c) That he respects her.
(d) That he needs her.
4. What does Jean pick up when Miss Julie leaves the kitchen?
(a) A notebook.
(b) A bottle of water.
(c) A bottle of wine.
(d) A coin.
5. What is the theme of the Chorus's song?
6. As they fight, Jean calls Julie _____.
(a) A pathetic girl.
(b) A whore.
(c) A wonderful woman.
(d) A devil.
7. Which of the following people were in Miss Julie's family tree?
(a) A king.
(b) A smith.
(c) A servant.
(d) A miller.
8. How does Jean respond to Julie when she says, "Is there a being on earth so miserable as I"?
(a) He holds her in his arms.
(b) He tells her to think of Christine.
(c) He leaves the room angry.
(d) He asks her if she will forgive him.
9. According to the chorus's song, what DON'T the ladies have?
(a) A jewel.
(b) A rose.
(c) A dollar.
(d) A dress.
10. What does Miss Julie say she and Jean want to do in another country?
(a) Do nothing.
(c) Open a hotel.
(d) Have a baby.
11. Why does Jean want to open a hotel?
(a) To be nice.
(b) To capture teenage runaways.
(c) To have a cover business for illegal activity.
(d) To make money.
12. What does Jean tell Julie he wants to open?
(a) A restaurant.
(b) A hotel.
(c) A shoe store.
(d) A brothel.
13. What does Julie ask Jean to speak to her like?
(a) A human being.
(b) A dolly bird.
(c) An animal.
(d) A peasant.
14. What does the sun illuminate?
(a) A field.
(b) A park.
(c) The kitchen.
(d) The hills.
15. Jean says he dreams of traveling to what part of Italy?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Christine think is walking up and down in the room above her and Jean?
2. According to Julie, who was responsible for the big fire that destroyed the house and stables?
3. After the Chrous song, Julie attempts to _______.
4. What does Miss Julie say she could do with Jean's breast?
5. In Scene 4, Julie begins to tell Jean about ______ past.
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)