|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Jean, what should one do in such a battle?
(a) Forgive and forget.
(b) Make peace.
(c) Run away.
(d) Stay and fight.
2. What does Miss Julie say her father will do when he finds his money is gone?
(a) Hire a detective.
(b) Ring the bell twice.
(c) Kill himself.
(d) Call the police.
3. What does Miss Julie want to build next to Lake Como?
(a) A villa.
(b) A castle.
(c) A chateau.
(d) A mansion.
4. Why do Julie and Jean leave in Scene 3?
(a) To hide.
(b) To get some quiet.
(c) To sleep.
(d) To talk.
5. What is the name of the king that Miss Julie references?
(a) King Ludwig.
(b) King George.
(c) King Louis.
(d) King Henry III
6. What kind of relationship does Christine want with Jean?
(a) A work relationship.
(b) Brother and sister.
(c) Husband and wife.
7. Why does Jean not want to go to church the next day?
(a) It takes too long.
(b) He has better things to do.
(c) The priest will want to talk to him.
(d) He does not believe in God.
8. Why do Julie and Jean go to Jean's room?
(a) Because Julie demanded.
(b) It's the only private place.
(c) It gets a nice breeze.
(d) Because Jean suggested it.
9. What does Miss Julie do when Christine enters the kitchen?
(a) Hits her.
(b) Kisses her.
(c) Falls in her arms.
(d) Ignores her.
10. According to Jean, it gives him satisfaction to know, "It is the glitter of brass, not _________, that dazzles us from below."
11. Which of the following animals does Miss Julie call Jean?
(a) A gorilla.
(b) A dog.
(c) A cat.
(d) A monkey.
12. What do Jean and Miss Julie decide to do with Miss Julie's bird?
(a) Kill it.
(b) Let it go.
(c) Leave it at home.
(d) Give it away.
13. What does Jean say Miss Julie is when she tells him she wants to take her canary?
14. Complete the following sentence; I can't understand all this __________.
(c) Hanky panky.
15. Julie tries to believe that her servants still _______.
(a) Love her.
(b) Hate her.
(c) Are sane.
(d) Work for her.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Julie and Jean exit the scene, what can the audience assume will take place?
2. Julie tells Jean that through her mother, she learned to _________men.
3. In Scene 3, Jean swears to Julie he will be a ______.
4. After the chorus, Jean tells Julie that he is her _______________ friend.
5. According to Jean, what will Julie do at the establishment he wants to open?
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)