|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Jean, why can't he and Julie stay at the manor?
(a) Christine will kill them.
(b) It has mold.
(c) They can't afford it.
(d) People know about them.
2. Who does Jean think is walking up and down in the room above him and Christine?
(a) The Count.
(d) Miss Julie.
3. What does Miss Julie do to the bird before she hands it over to Jean?
(a) She breaks its leg.
(b) She kisses it.
(c) She feeds it.
(d) She pushes it.
4. What does Julie ask Jean to speak to her like?
(a) A dolly bird.
(b) A peasant.
(c) An animal.
(d) A human being.
5. Jean says he dreams of traveling to what part of Italy?
6. When Julie enters the kitchen after the folk's dance is over, what does she do?
(a) She makes tea.
(b) She crimps her hair.
(c) She eats leftovers.
(d) She powders her face.
7. How is Jean when he returns to the kitchen in Scene 4?
8. When Jean enters the kitchen after the folk's dance is over, where does he suggest to Julie they should travel to?
9. What does Miss Julie hear outside?
(a) A deer.
(b) A song.
(c) A thief.
(d) A carriage.
10. What jobs does Christine suggest Jean get when they are married?
(a) A brick layer or cobbler.
(b) A gatekeeper or watchman.
(c) A soldier or banker.
(d) A cotter or bookeeper.
11. After the Chrous song, Julie attempts to _______.
(a) Kiss Jean.
(b) Deny reality.
(c) Laugh it off.
(d) Run away.
12. The chorus is composed of servants and ________.
(a) Upper class women.
(b) Farm people.
13. What does Jean steal from the Count that he offers to Julie?
14. In the ballet, what kind of dress are the folk wearing?
15. What is occurring off stage during Ballet?
(a) Julie and Jean are playing cards.
(b) Christine and Jean are fighting.
(c) Julie and Jean are consummating their relationship.
(d) Julie is asleep and Jean has left.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jean tells Julie, "The pack is always ___________."
2. Why do Julie and Jean go to Jean's room?
3. Which of the following people were in Miss Julie's family tree?
4. While the Chorus dances, what happens to the room?
5. In Scene 4, Jean compares Julie to prostitutes and ________.
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)