|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Julie enters the kitchen after the folk's dance is over, what does she do?
(a) She powders her face.
(b) She makes tea.
(c) She eats leftovers.
(d) She crimps her hair.
2. After Julie addresses Jean's debt, what does he toss her?
(a) A letter.
(b) A coin.
(c) A piece of candy.
(d) A gun.
3. What is the effect of Julie siding with her mother in her parents' marital troubles?
(a) She has relationship issues.
(b) She hates men now.
(c) She has poor judgment.
(d) She is insecure.
4. Why does Jean want to open a hotel?
(a) To be nice.
(b) To capture teenage runaways.
(c) To have a cover business for illegal activity.
(d) To make money.
5. According to Jean, what should one do in such a battle?
(a) Stay and fight.
(b) Forgive and forget.
(c) Make peace.
(d) Run away.
6. How is Jean when he returns to the kitchen in Scene 4?
7. Why does Jean tell Julie that she should have learned how to chop off a chicken's head instead of shooting a revolver?
(a) So that she could learn to be a cook.
(b) So that she couldn't shoot him with a gun.
(c) So that she wouldn't swoon at a drop of blood.
(d) So that she would make a good wife.
8. What jobs does Christine suggest Jean get when they are married?
(a) A soldier or banker.
(b) A gatekeeper or watchman.
(c) A cotter or bookeeper.
(d) A brick layer or cobbler.
9. Julie tells Jean, "I haven't anything of my own. I haven't a ________ which was not nay father's--not a ________ that wasn't my mother's.
(a) Passion; thought.
(b) Thought; passion.
(c) Idea; belief.
(d) Belief; idea.
10. Which character in the Bible will be the topic of the church sermon?
(b) John the Baptist.
(c) Jesus Christ.
(d) The Virgin Mary.
11. After Jean leaves to shave, what does Julie suggest to Christine the three of them should do?
(a) Go to Germany and buy a farm.
(b) To to Italy and open a restaurant.
(c) Go to Spain and buy a tavern.
(d) Go to Switzerland and open a hotel.
12. What is the melody of the dance the folk do in the Count's kitchen?
(a) "The peasant and His Mistress."
(b) "The Wolf and the Pig."
(c) "There Came Two Ladies Out of the Woods."
(d) "There Came the Farmer and His Goat."
13. Jean tells Julie, "One must always be ___________ to capture a woman."
14. According to Jean, what will Julie do at the establishment he wants to open?
(a) She will be the cook.
(b) She will be the accountant.
(c) She will be the mistress.
(d) She will be the housekeeper.
15. What does Christine say she slept like?
(a) A cat.
(b) A dog.
(c) A stone.
(d) A door.
Short Answer Questions
1. Complete the following sentence; I can't understand all this __________.
2. Who enters the ballet after Julie and Jean exit the scene?
3. Why does Jean tell Julie that they are on the same level?
4. What does Jean promise he will do if the chorus finds them?
5. How does Julie respond to Jean's mean remarks in Scene 4?
This section contains 541 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)