|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what war did the Miller's wife find favor with the king?
(a) The Boer War.
(b) The Danish War.
(c) The Crimean War.
(d) The Polish War.
2. Why do Julie and Jean go to Jean's room?
(a) It's the only private place.
(b) It gets a nice breeze.
(c) Because Julie demanded.
(d) Because Jean suggested it.
3. Which part of Miss Julie's body does Strindberg describe as dirty?
(a) Her face.
(b) Her head.
(c) Her leg.
(d) Her hands.
4. What does Julie want Jean to do when she implores, "Command me--I will obey like a dog."
(a) To command her to confess her sins.
(b) To command her to kill herself.
(c) To command her to marry him.
(d) To command her to leave the house.
5. Why does Christine say she cannot continue working at the house?
(a) She has fallen in love with Jean.
(b) She has lost respect for the Count.
(c) She has lost respect for Miss Julie.
(d) God is calling her to a different place.
6. What is in the smaller keg the folk carry?
7. According to Jean, what is taught in childhood that can't be uprooted in a moment?
(a) Dreams and aspirations.
(b) Morals and values.
(c) Ideas and theories.
(d) Superstitions and prejudices.
8. Who says, "Oh, I should like to see your blood flowing--to see your brain on the chopping block, all your sex swimming in a sea of blood. I believe I could drink out of your skull, bathe my feet in your breast and eat your heart cooked whole"?
(c) The Count.
9. What advice does Miss Julie want Jean to give her?
(a) What she should wear.
(b) If she should work.
(c) What to do with her life.
(d) If she should go to sleep.
10. What is the color of Jean's face as he talks to Christine?
11. According to Jean, who is the song about that the chorus sings?
(a) Julie and Christine.
(b) Jean and Christine.
(c) Jean and Julie.
(d) The Count and Countess.
12. Which character in the Bible will be the topic of the church sermon?
(a) John the Baptist.
(b) Jesus Christ.
(d) The Virgin Mary.
13. What jobs does Christine suggest Jean get when they are married?
(a) A brick layer or cobbler.
(b) A gatekeeper or watchman.
(c) A cotter or bookeeper.
(d) A soldier or banker.
14. What does Julie claim is the downfall of her relationship with her fiancé?
(a) She gets bored.
(b) He isn't handsome enough.
(c) He is too egotistical.
(d) He isn't wealthy.
15. After Jean leaves to shave, what does Julie suggest to Christine the three of them should do?
(a) To to Italy and open a restaurant.
(b) Go to Switzerland and open a hotel.
(c) Go to Germany and buy a farm.
(d) Go to Spain and buy a tavern.
Short Answer Questions
1. Complete the following sentence; I can't understand all this __________.
2. What kind of language does Jean tell Christine to use when she talks to Miss Julie?
3. When Julie returns and asks Jean to go with her on the train, she says, "One may fly, fly, but ___________follow in the pack wagon."
4. What is the only thing Miss Julie says she wants to take with her?
5. Jean tells Julie, "One must always be ___________ to capture a woman."
This section contains 549 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)