|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Jean scared of speaking with Miss Julie?
(a) She is too noisy.
(b) She is too beautiful.
(c) She makes him feel high.
(d) She sends him into a rage.
2. Who exits Scene 3 first?
(b) Julie and Jean together.
(d) The servants.
3. After Jean leaves to shave, what does Julie suggest to Christine the three of them should do?
(a) To to Italy and open a restaurant.
(b) Go to Spain and buy a tavern.
(c) Go to Germany and buy a farm.
(d) Go to Switzerland and open a hotel.
4. What does Miss Julie say Christine could do at the hotel?
(a) Wait on tables.
5. What does Miss Julie say she could do with Jean's breast?
(a) Play music with it.
(b) Turn it into dust.
(c) Turn it in to a sculpture.
(d) Bathe her feet in it.
6. The Chorus places a barrel of ______ on the table.
7. With whom does Miss Julie have to share Jean?
8. What does Jean want to use to kill Miss Julie's bird?
(b) A sack.
(c) A bag.
(d) A knife.
9. What is the only thing Miss Julie says she wants to take with her?
(b) A ticket.
(d) Her bird.
10. What does Jean say always sounds harsh?
(a) His cough.
(b) His laugh.
(c) A crow.
(d) A command.
11. What does Miss Julie want to build next to Lake Como?
(a) A villa.
(b) A mansion.
(c) A castle.
(d) A chateau.
12. After Julie and Jean exit the scene, what can the audience assume will take place?
(a) Christine will confront Julie.
(b) Julie and Jean will sleep together.
(c) Julie will return to her room.
(d) Jean and Christine will sleep together.
13. In the ballet, what kind of dress are the folk wearing?
14. In the story of the chimney sweep, why is the chimney sweep going to be arrested?
(a) For domestic disturbance.
(b) For theft.
(c) For nonsupport of his children.
(d) For nonpayment of his taxes.
15. How is the barrel decorated?
(a) With garlands.
(b) With photos.
(c) With ribbons.
(d) With jewels.
Short Answer Questions
1. Every other line in the Chorus song reads:
2. What does Jean tell Julie is an eternal summer?
3. What does Julie ask Jean to tell to give her courage?
4. How does Jean respond to Julie when she says, "Is there a being on earth so miserable as I"?
5. Who does Jean think is walking up and down in the room above him and Christine?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)