|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which part of Miss Julie's body does Strindberg describe as dirty?
(a) Her face.
(b) Her hands.
(c) Her head.
(d) Her leg.
2. In Scene 4, Jean compares Julie to prostitutes and ________.
3. Who says, "Oh, I should like to see your blood flowing--to see your brain on the chopping block, all your sex swimming in a sea of blood. I believe I could drink out of your skull, bathe my feet in your breast and eat your heart cooked whole"?
(c) The Count.
4. What does Christine have in her hand?
(a) A song book.
(b) A hat.
(c) A box.
(d) A magazine.
5. What does Christine say she slept like?
(a) A cat.
(b) A door.
(c) A stone.
(d) A dog.
6. What is the subject of the song the chorus sings?
7. What occurs after Scene 3?
(a) A moment of silence.
(b) Christine comes looking for Jean.
(c) The play ends.
(d) Julie and Jean's relationship changes.
8. Which of the following names does Miss Julie say should be her surname?
(a) Mrs Thornbush.
(b) Mrs. Gatekeeper.
(c) Mrs. Heartstopper.
(d) Mrs. Slavedriver.
9. In the story Jean tells Julie, the chimney sweep makes a deathbed for himself to escape his arrest. What kind of blossoms is the deathbed made of?
(a) Magnolia blossoms.
(b) Tulip blossoms.
(c) Syringa blossoms.
(d) Rose blossoms.
10. What does Miss Julie suggest Christine do when Miss Julie and Jean leave?
(a) Leave with them.
(b) Find a new job.
(c) Get married.
(d) Buy a horse.
11. In Scene 3, Jean swears to Julie he will be a ______.
(a) Loyal servant.
(c) Good friend.
12. In the ballet, what kind of dress are the folk wearing?
13. Why do Julie and Jean go to Jean's room?
(a) Because Jean suggested it.
(b) Because Julie demanded.
(c) It gets a nice breeze.
(d) It's the only private place.
14. What kind of animal does Miss Julie want to take with her on her journey?
(a) A mouse.
(b) A cat.
(c) A bird.
(d) A puppy.
15. What does Miss Julie do to the bird before she hands it over to Jean?
(a) She feeds it.
(b) She breaks its leg.
(c) She kisses it.
(d) She pushes it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Jean doing while Miss Julie and Christine are talking?
2. How are the members of the chorus dressed in Ballet?
3. What is the color of Jean's face as he talks to Christine?
4. Jean tells Julie that in Romania, one can buy what cheap?
5. According to Jean, the chorus does what with Julie?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)