|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the only person Miss Julie says she will leave with?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her brother.
2. What does Jean say Miss Julie is when she tells him she wants to take her canary?
3. Where does Jean advise Miss Julie to go?
(b) A forest.
(c) A big city.
(d) An Indian reserve.
4. How does Julie respond to Jean's claim about what to do in such a battle?
(a) She tells him she will talk to the people.
(b) She tells him she will try to fight.
(c) She tells him there's no place to run.
(d) She tells him it doesn't matter.
5. As they fight, Jean calls Julie _____.
(a) A pathetic girl.
(b) A whore.
(c) A wonderful woman.
(d) A devil.
6. When Julie enters the kitchen after the folk's dance is over, what does she do?
(a) She powders her face.
(b) She eats leftovers.
(c) She makes tea.
(d) She crimps her hair.
7. What does Miss Julie say she wishes for?
(a) Family and friends.
(c) Peace and quiet.
(d) A house and a stable.
8. In the story Jean tells Julie, the chimney sweep makes a deathbed for himself to escape his arrest. What kind of blossoms is the deathbed made of?
(a) Syringa blossoms.
(b) Tulip blossoms.
(c) Magnolia blossoms.
(d) Rose blossoms.
9. Jean says he dreams of traveling to what part of Italy?
10. Why does Jean not want to go to church the next day?
(a) He does not believe in God.
(b) It takes too long.
(c) He has better things to do.
(d) The priest will want to talk to him.
11. Who is Jean speaking about when he tells Julie, "I have never known anyone else for whom I have such respect"?
(a) The Count.
(c) The Countess.
12. In the ballet, what are the folk wearing in their hats?
13. What is the theme of the Chorus's song?
14. What does Miss Julie do to the bird before she hands it over to Jean?
(a) She feeds it.
(b) She breaks its leg.
(c) She kisses it.
(d) She pushes it.
15. Where do Jean and Christine usually go after dinner?
(a) To bed.
(b) The pub.
(c) To visit friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Miss Julie say she could do with Jean's heart?
2. What part of her body does Miss Julie clean?
3. How does Jean respond to Julie when she says, "Is there a being on earth so miserable as I"?
4. What does the sun illuminate?
5. According to Jean, what is taught in childhood that can't be uprooted in a moment?
This section contains 475 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)