|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Jean and Christine's relationship NOT based on?
2. According to Christine and Jean, why did Julie and her fiancé break up?
(a) Because her fiancé is in love with Christine.
(b) Because Julie is in love with Jean.
(c) Because Julie wanted to control him.
(d) Because her fiancé wanted to control her.
3. What is the effect of Julie's treatment of Jean?
(a) He leaves her.
(b) He stays with her.
(c) He kills her.
(d) He returns to Christine.
4. What does Christine ask Jean not to pull?
(a) Her ear.
(b) Her finger.
(c) Her hair.
(d) Her leg .
5. People in Strindberg's time do not see ______ as positive.
6. During the pantomime, what does Christine heat with a candle?
(a) A knife.
(b) A washcloth.
(c) A hairpin.
(d) A glass bowl.
7. Who does the Count leave Julie with as the play opens?
(b) No one.
(c) Business associates.
8. Christine knows you can't win a man by ______.
9. Jean confesses that he thinks Miss Julie is ______.
(a) A werewolf.
10. What instrument does the band leader play?
11. Why does Miss Julie use a riding whip on her fiancé?
(a) For fun.
(b) He told her to.
(c) To train him.
(d) She was drunk.
12. During the era in which Strindberg wrote, what did most playwrights focus on?
13. In scene 1, the Count leaves to do what?
(a) Go sightseeing.
(b) Visit family.
(c) Travel abroad.
(d) Attend business.
14. During their conversation, Jean kisses Julie's hand and ______.
15. During the pantomime, Christine finds a certain item on the table. Whom does it belong to?
(b) The Count.
(d) The Countess.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following characters is 25-years-old?
2. Why is Julie's animal sick?
3. What is Christine's excuse for Julie's wildness?
4. What must the audience do during Pantomime?
5. What are the characters celebrating?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)