|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Julie's animal sick?
(a) It's been poisoned.
(b) It's pregnant.
(c) It's old.
(d) She never feeds it.
2. Christine knows you can't win a man by ______.
3. What is Jean convinced of in terms of his class position?
(a) That his class position matters.
(b) That he was born in the right class.
(c) That his class position gives him certain rights.
(d) That he was born in the wrong class.
4. How does Julie act towards men?
(a) She's rude to them.
(b) She is very ingratiating.
(c) She tries to dominate them.
(d) She's indifferent.
5. Which of the following sentences does Jean have to say to persuade Miss Jean to sleep with him?
(a) I've got a surprise.
(b) I will do everything for you.
(c) I love you.
(d) Could you come with me?
6. According to Strindberg, what interrupts the mood of the play?
7. Why type of plays do the audiences in Strindberg's time want to see?
(a) Political plays.
(b) Happy plays.
(c) Sad plays.
(d) They didn't want to see any.
8. Which member of Miss Julie's family was ill during her childhood?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her sister.
(c) Her brother.
(d) Her father.
9. What does the holiday inspire in people?
(c) Somber observance.
10. In Scene 1, what idea does Jean begin to formulate in regards to Christine and Julie?
(a) How he can get what he wants from them.
(b) When he will leave both of them.
(c) Whom he wants to be faithful to.
(d) How he can trust them.
11. In scene 1, the Count leaves to do what?
(a) Travel abroad.
(b) Visit family.
(c) Go sightseeing.
(d) Attend business.
12. Christine knows Jean must return to her by:
(a) His own will.
(c) Julie's force.
(d) Realizing his mistakes.
13. What food does Christine fix for Jean?
14. During the pantomime, how is the instrument being played?
15. What is Jean's profession?
(a) He is the gardener.
(b) He is the cook.
(c) He is the Count's valet.
(d) He is Julie's tutor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Julie during the pantomime?
2. Why does Jean say he cannot keep his promise?
3. What kind of relationship did Miss Julie's mother have with the manufacturer?
4. During the pantomime, what does Christine heat with a candle?
5. What is Strindberg's opinion of the theater?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)