|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Scene 1 take place?
(a) In the dining room of the Count's city estate.
(b) In the living room of the Count's country home.
(c) In the kitchen of the Count's country home.
(d) In the kitchen of the Count's city estate.
2. What drink do Jean and Miss Julie drink together?
(a) A water.
(b) Red wine.
(c) A beer.
(d) White wine.
3. What does Christine say she wants to do after work?
4. What flowers does Julie want to go pick?
5. What is the statue described in the stage direction of Scene 1?
(b) A child.
(d) Miss Julie.
6. What is Christine doing when Jean reenters the kitchen?
(b) Falling asleep.
(c) Reading a book.
(d) Looking through the window.
7. What does Jean come back into the kitchen wearing?
(a) A pair of black pants and a black shirt.
(b) A black jacket and a pair of black pants.
(c) A black hat and a black shirt.
(d) A black skirt and black hat.
8. Strindberg's stress on scenery is meant to promote ______.
(a) Energy conservation.
(d) Political parties.
9. Where was Miss Julie when Jean saw her for the first time?
(a) The balcony.
(b) The rose patio.
(c) The stables.
(d) The living room.
10. What can Jean see through the window?
(a) A fountain with Amor.
(b) A statue with a hat.
(c) A quelle with stones.
(d) A fountain with flowers.
11. What is the effect of the way Julie treats men?
(a) They try to kill her.
(b) They stay with her.
(c) She's shunned b y society.
(d) They leave her.
12. How did Miss Julie's father try to kill himself?
(a) Jump from a window.
(b) Slit his wrists.
(c) Shoot himself.
(d) Drown himself.
13. What kind of relationship did Miss Julie's mother have with the manufacturer?
(a) They were brother and sister.
(b) They were friends.
(c) They were lovers.
(d) They were colleagues.
14. What is Jean climbing in his dream?
(a) A staircase.
(b) A ladder.
(c) A mountain.
(d) A tree.
15. Which of the following two people are the only two characters in the play other than Miss Julie?
(a) Jean and Christine.
(b) The Count and Rubi.
(c) Klara and Isabelle.
(d) The Count and Margo.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Miss Julie want to do with Jean after they leave?
2. How did Miss Julie's family lose its home?
3. In Scene 2, Julie states that Christine will make a good________.
4. At the time "Miss Julie" is written, society has very _____ thinking.
5. What is Christine's occupation?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)