|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During the pantomime, the audience can infer that Julie would behave how compared to Christine?
(a) Identical to Jean.
(b) Opposite to Christine.
(c) Similar to Jean.
(d) Identical to Christine.
2. People in Strindberg's time do not see ______ as positive.
3. What is the statue described in the stage direction of Scene 1?
(a) A child.
(d) Miss Julie.
4. What does Julie tell Jean she is doing in her dream?
(a) She is climbing down a mountain and can't get back up.
(b) She has climbed to the top of a pillar and can't get back down.
(c) She is climbing down a column and can't get back up.
(d) She has climbed to the top of a mountain and can't get back down.
5. In Scene 1, what does Julie choose to believe about the world in which she lives?
(a) What she wants to see.
(b) What the servants want her to see.
(c) What her peers want her to see.
(d) What her father wants her to see.
6. Which of the following characters is 25-years-old?
(c) Miss Julie.
7. Strindberg openly criticized what for its closed mindedness?
8. When Julie enters the kitchen in Scene 1, what does she immediately do?
(a) Praise Christine.
(b) Criticize Jean.
(c) Criticize Christine.
(d) Flirt with Jean.
9. Christine knows Jean must return to her by:
(b) Realizing his mistakes.
(c) His own will.
(d) Julie's force.
10. What does Christine do with the item she finds on the table during the pantomime?
(a) She smells, smooths, and folds it.
(b) She irons and folds it.
(c) She opens it.
(d) She opens, smooths, and folds it.
11. How does Julie respond when Jean replies to her in French?
12. What does Jean tell Julie he wants to do in his dream?
(a) Get to the top to plunder the bird's nest.
(b) Find the end where he can escape.
(c) Swim to the other side where he is safe.
(d) Climb to the bottom where the ground is cool.
13. When Christine sits, what does she do?
(a) Curls her hair.
(c) Makes a phone call.
(d) Write a letter.
14. What is Jean convinced of in terms of his class position?
(a) That he was born in the right class.
(b) That his class position gives him certain rights.
(c) That he was born in the wrong class.
(d) That his class position matters.
15. Whose money paid for the new house?
(a) Father's friend's.
(b) Mother's friend's.
(d) Miss Julie's mother's.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of the pantomime, how does Christine greet the person who enters?
2. What element of Strindberg's style is displayed in Pantomime?
3. In which of the following countries does Strindberg set the play?
4. Which of the following does Jean like to smoke?
5. Which member of Miss Julie's family was ill during her childhood?
This section contains 470 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)