|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During the pantomime, how is the instrument being played?
2. What is Strindberg's aim in disclosing so much in the preface?
(a) Give audience something to ponder.
(b) To stress its importance.
(c) To pass the time.
(d) To stress its uselessness.
3. Which of the following does Jean say does not amuse him?
(a) Drinking with Miss Julie.
(b) Being with Christine.
(c) Talking with Miss Julie.
(d) Dancing with the peasants.
4. In which of the following countries does Jean want to decorate himself like an Earl?
5. During their conversation, Jean kisses Julie's hand and ______.
6. Why does Julie refute Jean's statement about the servants in Scene 1?
(a) Because she wants to believe everyone likes her.
(b) Because she has evidence that they dislike her.
(c) Because she doesn't want the Count to find out they are leaving.
(d) Because she feels they get more than enough pay.
7. In Scene 1, what idea does Jean begin to formulate in regards to Christine and Julie?
(a) How he can get what he wants from them.
(b) When he will leave both of them.
(c) Whom he wants to be faithful to.
(d) How he can trust them.
8. Whose interest is Jean most invested in?
(b) The Count's.
(d) His own.
9. What element of Strindberg's style is displayed in Pantomime?
10. What does the holiday inspire in people?
(c) Somber observance.
11. What is on the left of the old clock?
(a) A bild.
(b) Some books.
(c) A telephone.
(d) Some photos.
12. In which of the following rooms does most of the action take place?
(a) The kitchen.
(b) The balcony.
(c) The livingroom.
(d) The hall.
13. In Scene 2, why is Julie excited when she enters the kitchen?
(a) Because of her new dress.
(b) Because of her dance with Jean.
(c) Because she made her curfew.
(d) Because she saw her fiancé.
14. Which of the following cities does Jean want to travel through before they arrive in Switzerland?
(a) Malmö and Frankfurt.
(b) Oslo and Frankfurt.
(c) Frankfurt and Paris.
(d) Malmö and Hamburg.
15. Publishing his plays earns Strindberg a great deal of ______.
Short Answer Questions
1. Christine knows Jean must return to her by:
2. Where is Julie during the pantomime?
3. How is Christine treating the situation with Jean and Julie?
4. During the pantomime, what does Christine heat with a candle?
5. When does Jean agree to sit next to Julie?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)