|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Miss Julie is the daughter of a ________.
2. During the pantomime, what does Christine do to act as though she were by herself?
(a) She falls asleep.
(b) She addresses the audience.
(c) She turns her back to the audience.
(d) She faces the audience.
3. Publishing his plays is a ______ for Strindberg.
(b) Desperate act.
(c) Selfish act.
4. What do Strindberg's plays offer to playwrighting?
(a) He influences plays to be more romantic.
(b) He influences plays to be shorter.
(c) He introduces sci-fi.
(d) He pushes playwrighting into modernity.
5. What does Jean tell Julie he wants to do in his dream?
(a) Get to the top to plunder the bird's nest.
(b) Find the end where he can escape.
(c) Climb to the bottom where the ground is cool.
(d) Swim to the other side where he is safe.
6. What kind of capital does Jean say he has?
(d) A beautiful woman.
7. Besides Julie, who are the two other main characters in the play?
(a) Jean and an unnamed servant.
(b) Christine and the Count.
(c) Jean and Christine.
(d) The Count and Jean.
8. In which of the following rooms does most of the action take place?
(a) The balcony.
(b) The livingroom.
(c) The hall.
(d) The kitchen.
9. Where does Jean learn to speak French?
(b) In jail.
(d) In school.
10. According to Jean and Christine, what do all the servants talk about regarding Julie?
(a) Her wit.
(b) Her talents.
(c) Her promiscuity.
(d) Her beauty.
11. What does Jean put on the table to symbolize that he does not want anything to bind him?
(a) A bottle of wine.
(b) A coin.
(c) A bottle of water.
(d) A cup of tea.
12. In what way is Julie lower class, according to Jean and Christine?
(a) In her speech.
(b) In her carriage.
(c) In her preferences.
(d) In her hygiene.
13. What is Christine doing at the beginning of the first scene?
14. In Scene 2, Jean tells Julie that in his dream he is where?
(a) Under a tree.
(b) On top of a boulder.
(c) Next to a creek.
(d) In a cave.
15. What is the holiday "Miss Julie" begins on?
(a) New Years.
(b) Midsummer Eve.
(c) Julie's birthday.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Christine treating the situation with Jean and Julie?
2. What does Christine do with the item she finds on the table during the pantomime?
3. How does Jean manipulate Julie and Christine in the play?
4. What does Jean climb in his dream?
5. What is Strindberg's aim in disclosing so much in the preface?
This section contains 470 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)