|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During the pantomime, how is the instrument being played?
2. During the pantomime, the audience can infer that Julie would behave how compared to Christine?
(a) Similar to Jean.
(b) Identical to Jean.
(c) Identical to Christine.
(d) Opposite to Christine.
3. What can Jean see through the window?
(a) A fountain with flowers.
(b) A statue with a hat.
(c) A quelle with stones.
(d) A fountain with Amor.
4. In Scene 2, Jean and Julie conclude that if they got together___________.
(a) Julie would be stepping down in society and Jean would be stepping up.
(b) Jean would be stepping down in society and Julie would be stepping up.
(c) Julie would be stepping down in society and Jean would be stepping down.
(d) Jean would be stepping up in society and Julie would be stepping up.
5. Who is Jean engaged to?
(b) No one.
6. What does Jean want to do after finishing his story?
(a) Eat some food.
(b) Go to sleep.
(c) Drink some beer.
(d) Go dancing.
7. What kind of clothes is Jean wearing in Scene 2?
(a) Resort wear.
(b) Formal attire.
(c) Dress clothes.
(d) Work clothes.
8. What does Miss Julie say will happen after she has been with Jean for two years?
(a) She will fall pregnant.
(b) She will find God.
(c) She will divorce him.
(d) She will die.
9. At the time "Miss Julie" is written, society has very _____ thinking.
10. In which of the following countries does Strindberg set the play?
11. In Scene 2, why is Julie excited when she enters the kitchen?
(a) Because she saw her fiancé.
(b) Because of her new dress.
(c) Because of her dance with Jean.
(d) Because she made her curfew.
12. What does Miss Julie want to do after finishing Jean's story?
(a) Sit by the lake.
(b) Dance the Waltz.
(c) Fall asleep.
(d) Talk to her friends.
13. In Scene 1, what does Jean observe about Christine and Julie?
(a) That they will take advantage of him.
(b) That they are both vulnerable.
(c) That they are both lovable.
(d) That they will leave him.
14. What is Christine doing when Jean reenters the kitchen?
(a) Reading a book.
(b) Looking through the window.
(c) Falling asleep.
15. According to Jean, how long has he been in love with Julie?
(a) Since their dance at Midsummer Eve.
(b) Since her fiancé broke up with her.
(c) Since he was a child.
(d) Since the first day he saw her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jean carry into the kitchen?
2. Which of Julie's animals is sick?
3. According to Christine, why does she go along with Julie's behavior toward Jean in Scene 1?
4. How does Strindberg want to form his characters?
5. When Miss Julie enters, how does Jean act?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)