|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Scene 2, what does Julie ask Jean to do with his clothes?
(a) Change them.
(b) Toss them.
(c) Donate them.
(d) Clean them.
2. What is on the left of the old clock?
(a) Some books.
(b) Some photos.
(c) A bild.
(d) A telephone.
3. Whose interest is Jean most invested in?
(b) His own.
(d) The Count's.
4. Where have Jean and Julie gone?
(a) To a secret room.
(b) To buy food.
(c) To find their friend.
5. After Christine goes to bed in Scene 2, how does Jean prove servitude to Julie?
(a) By kissing her feet.
(b) By pledging his loyalty.
(c) By dropping to his knees.
(d) By saluting the king.
6. In scene 1, the Count leaves to do what?
(a) Attend business.
(b) Go sightseeing.
(c) Travel abroad.
(d) Visit family.
7. What does Christine ask Jean not to pull?
(a) Her hair.
(b) Her finger.
(c) Her leg .
(d) Her ear.
8. What did Strindberg NOT use in his plays?
9. Miss Julie is the daughter of a ________.
10. Who is similar to Julie's mother?
(d) Julie's dog.
11. Where does Jean learn to speak French?
(a) In jail.
(b) In school.
12. What kind of dream does Julie tell Jean she has in Scene 2?
(a) A frightening one.
(b) A recurring one.
(c) A pleasant one.
(d) A strange one.
13. At the time "Miss Julie" is written, society has very _____ thinking.
14. What is the holiday "Miss Julie" begins on?
(a) Midsummer Eve.
(c) New Years.
(d) Julie's birthday.
15. What does Christine see on the table during the pantomime?
(a) A handkerchief.
(b) A gift.
(c) A letter.
(d) A glove.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Jean and Miss Julie drink after they finish their first drink?
2. In which of the following countries does Jean want to start a new life with Miss Julie?
3. What is Christine's excuse for Julie's wildness?
4. Where does Scene 1 take place?
5. During the pantomime, how does Christine appear to be?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)