|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what way is Julie lower class, according to Jean and Christine?
(a) In her speech.
(b) In her preferences.
(c) In her hygiene.
(d) In her carriage.
2. During the pantomime, the audience can infer that Julie would behave how compared to Christine?
(a) Opposite to Christine.
(b) Identical to Christine.
(c) Identical to Jean.
(d) Similar to Jean.
3. What will be Julie's role at the hotel?
(a) A lady of the hotel.
(b) An executive.
(c) A musician.
(d) A seller.
4. What is the holiday "Miss Julie" begins on?
(a) New Years.
(c) Julie's birthday.
(d) Midsummer Eve.
5. At the time "Miss Julie" is written, society has very _____ thinking.
6. What kind of capital does Jean say he has?
(d) A beautiful woman.
7. Where does Jean say she wants to go in her dream?
(a) The sun.
(b) The stars.
(c) The moon.
(d) The earth.
8. What kind of plate does Jean want Christine to serve his food on?
(a) A hot plate.
(b) A frozen plate.
(c) A warm plate.
(d) A cold plate.
9. What does Christine do during the pantomime?
(a) Hums and sleeps.
(b) Sings and dresses.
(c) Hums and cleans.
(d) Sleeps and cleans.
10. During the pantomime, Christine finds a certain item on the table. Whom does it belong to?
(a) The Count.
(b) The Countess.
11. Where do Jean and Miss Julie hide from the peasants?
(a) Jean's room.
(b) Miss Julie's room.
(c) On the balcony.
(d) Christine's room.
12. Strindberg's style is an attempt to _____ classic playwrighting.
(b) Pay tribute to.
13. During the pantomime, what does Christine heat with a candle?
(a) A knife.
(b) A hairpin.
(c) A washcloth.
(d) A glass bowl.
14. What was a reflection of society at the time, according to Strindberg?
(a) A need to compensate for one's privilege.
(b) A need to humiliate those in power.
(c) A need to feel bad for the less fortunate.
(d) A need to take pleasure from someone else's pain.
15. What did Strindberg want to expand in theater performance?
(a) Acting and accompaniment.
(b) Costume and design.
(c) Topics and themes.
(d) Length and structure.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Christine hum after Julie and Jean leave?
2. In Pantomime, what is Strindberg's intention for the actress?
3. Strindberg is a playwright in the _______ century.
4. According to Christine and Jean, why did Julie and her fiancé break up?
5. People in Strindberg's time do not see ______ as positive.
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)