|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Jean climbing in his dream?
(a) A tree.
(b) A staircase.
(c) A ladder.
(d) A mountain.
2. What does Jean say Miss Julie can smell?
3. Which of the following sentences does Jean have to say to persuade Miss Jean to sleep with him?
(a) I love you.
(b) I will do everything for you.
(c) Could you come with me?
(d) I've got a surprise.
4. Whose interest is Jean most invested in?
(b) His own.
(d) The Count's.
5. In which of the following rooms does most of the action take place?
(a) The livingroom.
(b) The kitchen.
(c) The hall.
(d) The balcony.
6. What does Jean put on the table to symbolize that he does not want anything to bind him?
(a) A coin.
(b) A bottle of wine.
(c) A cup of tea.
(d) A bottle of water.
7. What was a reflection of society at the time, according to Strindberg?
(a) A need to feel bad for the less fortunate.
(b) A need to take pleasure from someone else's pain.
(c) A need to compensate for one's privilege.
(d) A need to humiliate those in power.
8. During the pantomime, how is the instrument being played?
9. Who does Miss Julie say taught her to hate men?
(a) Her grandparents.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her friends.
10. Why is Jean scared to kiss Miss Julie?
(a) Mis Julie might tell her father.
(b) Christine may wake up.
(c) Jean may lose his job.
(d) People may come in.
11. Which member of Miss Julie's family was ill during her childhood?
(a) Her sister.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her brother.
(d) Her father.
12. When Jean returns in Scene 2, what language is he speaking?
13. During the era in which Strindberg wrote, what did most playwrights focus on?
14. Where was Miss Julie when Jean saw her for the second time?
(a) In the garden.
(b) On the patio.
(c) On the balcony.
(d) In the church.
15. What does Miss Julie say her father educated her to be?
(a) A girl.
(b) A maid.
(c) A boy.
(d) A soldier.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Miss Julie use a riding whip on her fiancé?
2. What is Christine doing when Jean reenters the kitchen?
3. Where have Jean and Julie gone?
4. What stands on the left of the kitchen?
5. Which of the following does Jean say does not amuse him?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)