|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Strindberg want to expand in theater performance?
(a) Length and structure.
(b) Costume and design.
(c) Topics and themes.
(d) Acting and accompaniment.
2. What kind of capital does Jean say he has?
(c) A beautiful woman.
3. What type of society does Miss Julie want to live in?
(a) Lower class.
(b) Upper class.
(c) All classes.
(d) Middle class.
4. What is Christine doing at the beginning of the first scene?
5. How does Miss Julie feel after her engagement has been broken off?
6. What does Strindberg NOT divide the scenes with?
7. What is Strindberg's attitude in the preface?
8. What do Jean and Christine find odd about the company Julie keeps?
(a) Julie's preference for the servants over her family.
(b) Julie's disregard for her peers.
(c) Julie's disregard for the servants.
(d) Julie's preference for her family over her peers.
9. What does Christine hum after Julie and Jean leave?
(a) A new popular song.
(b) A random compilation of notes.
(c) The dancing music outside.
(d) A lullaby.
10. How does Jean manipulate Julie and Christine in the play?
(a) By creating an illusion of dedication to each.
(b) By threatening them with exposure.
(c) By using the Count's sanction to control them.
(d) By using physical force.
11. What does Miss Julie dance with the peasants?
(a) She doesn't dance.
(b) A polka.
(c) A lady's waltz.
(d) A cancan.
12. Julie pretends to be ______.
13. Who does the Count leave Julie with as the play opens?
(a) Business associates.
(b) No one.
14. What flowers does Julie want to go pick?
15. What does Miss Julie want to do before they leave?
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Jean agree to sit next to Julie?
2. In which of the following rooms does most of the action take place?
3. In which of the following periods does Strindberg set the play?
4. What kind of relationship did Miss Julie's mother have with the manufacturer?
5. What article of clothing does Christine take off during the pantomime?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)