|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Jean say he cannot keep his promise?
(a) Because he likes his life.
(b) He doesn't like Miss Julie.
(c) He wanted to do it earlier.
(d) He doesn't know how.
2. During the pantomime, what does Christine heat with a candle?
(a) A washcloth.
(b) A knife.
(c) A glass bowl.
(d) A hairpin.
3. Which of the following animals does Miss Julie call Jean?
(a) A horse.
(b) A dog.
(c) A mouse.
(d) A rat.
4. What county is "Miss Julie" set in?
5. What are the characters celebrating?
(a) Midsummer's Night.
(b) Good Friday.
(d) The Count's birthday.
6. What is the holiday "Miss Julie" begins on?
(b) Julie's birthday.
(c) New Years.
(d) Midsummer Eve.
7. What characterizes Christine and Jean's interactions while they're alone?
8. Why does Jean hesitate to dance with Julie?
(a) He doesn't like her.
(b) He's a bad dancer.
(d) He's not polite.
9. What does Jean want to drink with his food?
(b) Red wine.
(d) White wine.
10. Who helped Miss Julie's family find a new home?
(a) A anonymous man.
(b) A friend.
(c) Her Grandparents.
(d) A manufacturer.
11. According to Jean and Christine, who does Julie like to dance with?
(a) Some of the men, including Jean.
(b) All the men, except Jean.
(c) All the men, including Jean.
(d) Just Jean.
12. Where does Scene 1 take place?
(a) In the dining room of the Count's city estate.
(b) In the living room of the Count's country home.
(c) In the kitchen of the Count's country home.
(d) In the kitchen of the Count's city estate.
13. Miss Julie" begins in a ______.
(b) Front yard.
14. What is the effect of the way Julie treats men?
(a) They stay with her.
(b) She's shunned b y society.
(c) They leave her.
(d) They try to kill her.
15. What does Jean say has happened to him only once?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Jean say he is always standing in his dream?
2. What does Jean want to do in Switzerland?
3. What does Christine do with the item she finds on the table during the pantomime?
4. Christine knows Jean must return to her by:
5. What kind of capital does Jean say he has?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)