|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Christine doing in the kitchen in the Pantomime?
(b) Making a mess.
2. When Miss Julie enters, how does Jean act?
3. What does Strindberg allow the actors to do?
4. What element of Strindberg's style is displayed in Pantomime?
5. According to Strindberg, what interrupts the mood of the play?
6. Who is Jean engaged to?
(a) No one.
7. Which of the following types of places would Miss Julie like to stay with Jean?
(a) A bordello.
(b) A camper van.
(c) A hotel for lovers.
(d) A hut in the forest.
8. In Scene 1, what idea does Jean begin to formulate in regards to Christine and Julie?
(a) When he will leave both of them.
(b) How he can get what he wants from them.
(c) Whom he wants to be faithful to.
(d) How he can trust them.
9. According to Jean, where did his father work?
(a) A government building.
(b) A countryside school.
(c) The county attorney's property.
(d) The Count's nearby estate.
10. Christine knows Jean must return to her by:
(a) Julie's force.
(c) Realizing his mistakes.
(d) His own will.
11. Where was Miss Julie when Jean saw her for the second time?
(a) In the garden.
(b) On the balcony.
(c) In the church.
(d) On the patio.
12. What is the effect of the way Julie treats men?
(a) She's shunned b y society.
(b) They leave her.
(c) They stay with her.
(d) They try to kill her.
13. Why does Jean say he cannot keep his promise?
(a) He doesn't like Miss Julie.
(b) Because he likes his life.
(c) He wanted to do it earlier.
(d) He doesn't know how.
14. What does Jean come back into the kitchen wearing?
(a) A black skirt and black hat.
(b) A black hat and a black shirt.
(c) A black jacket and a pair of black pants.
(d) A pair of black pants and a black shirt.
15. The pantomime reveals that Christine is ____________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Miss Julie's mother not want to give birth to Miss Julie?
2. What does Miss Julie leave on the table?
3. Who does the image of dirty sleeves and clean buttons refer to?
4. Julie calls Jean a ______.
5. Where does Jean say she wants to go in her dream?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)