|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In which of the following rooms does most of the action take place?
(a) The balcony.
(b) The kitchen.
(c) The hall.
(d) The livingroom.
2. What response does Christine give Julie when she's asked if her and Jean are engaged?
(a) A vague one.
(b) An impassioned on.
(c) An adamant one.
(d) A reluctant one.
3. What is Christine's occupation?
(a) A teacher.
(b) A cook.
(c) A servicewoman.
(d) A company for Miss Julie.
4. Which of the following does Christine serve to Jean?
5. What does Jean want from Miss Julie?
6. Which of the following characters is 30-years-old?
(b) Miss Julie.
(d) The Count.
7. What was Miss Julie wearing when Jean saw her for the first time?
(a) A light dress.
(b) A mini skirt.
8. What aspect of the play does Strindberg NOT describe in detail?
(a) Surrounding activity.
9. Why does Jean hesitate to dance with Julie?
(a) He doesn't like her.
(c) He's a bad dancer.
(d) He's not polite.
10. What instrument is playing during the pantomime?
11. What is the effect of the way Julie treats men?
(a) They leave her.
(b) They stay with her.
(c) She's shunned b y society.
(d) They try to kill her.
12. Who is similar to Julie's mother?
(d) Julie's dog.
13. What does Jean say she is standing on top of in her dream?
(a) A church roof.
(b) A column.
(c) A mountain.
(d) A tower.
14. In which of the following countries does Jean want to decorate himself like an Earl?
15. According to Strindberg, what cause is NOT attributable to Julie's suicide?
(a) Her upbringing.
(b) Her recent breakup.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jean come back into the kitchen wearing?
2. People in Strindberg's time are unable to accept ______ as a part of life.
3. What do Jean and Miss Julie drink after they finish their first drink?
4. What does Jean put on the table to symbolize that he does not want anything to bind him?
5. In Pantomime, what is Strindberg's intention for the actress?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)