|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Jean engaged to?
(b) No one.
2. Who is similar to Julie's mother?
(a) Julie's dog.
3. Which of the following does Jean like to smoke?
(a) A bong.
(b) A pipe.
4. Julie is invested in what in her relationship with Jean?
5. When Jean returns in Scene 2, what language is he speaking?
6. In Scene 2, Jean tells Julie that his father worked as a _________.
7. Which of the following characters is 25-years-old?
(c) Miss Julie.
8. Strindberg openly criticized what for its closed mindedness?
9. What does Julie tell Jean she is doing in her dream?
(a) She is climbing down a mountain and can't get back up.
(b) She has climbed to the top of a mountain and can't get back down.
(c) She has climbed to the top of a pillar and can't get back down.
(d) She is climbing down a column and can't get back up.
10. What is Julie sitting on in her dream?
(a) A horse.
(b) The moon.
(c) A rock.
(d) A pillar.
11. What does Christine see on the table during the pantomime?
(a) A letter.
(b) A handkerchief.
(c) A glove.
(d) A gift.
12. What is Strindberg's opinion of the theater?
(a) It's too close-minded.
(b) It's too liberal.
(c) Movies are better.
(d) They are poorly run.
13. What do Jean and Christine find odd about the company Julie keeps?
(a) Julie's preference for her family over her peers.
(b) Julie's disregard for the servants.
(c) Julie's disregard for her peers.
(d) Julie's preference for the servants over her family.
14. August Strindberg wrote in the _____century.
15. What drink do Jean and Miss Julie drink together?
(a) A beer.
(b) Red wine.
(c) White wine.
(d) A water.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jean want to do in Switzerland?
2. What language do Jean and Miss Julie speak together?
3. How did Miss Julie's father try to kill himself?
4. What key thing is missing from Christine and Jean's engagement?
5. How does Jean think he and Miss Julie should kill themselves?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)