|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During the pantomime, the audience can infer that Christine is evaluating Jean's loyalty to whom?
(c) The Count.
(d) His job.
2. What does Julie tell Jean she is doing in her dream?
(a) She is climbing down a column and can't get back up.
(b) She is climbing down a mountain and can't get back up.
(c) She has climbed to the top of a pillar and can't get back down.
(d) She has climbed to the top of a mountain and can't get back down.
3. What key thing is missing from Christine and Jean's engagement?
(b) A ring.
(c) A steady income.
(d) Their families' support.
4. What does Miss Julie want to do after finishing Jean's story?
(a) Dance the Waltz.
(b) Talk to her friends.
(c) Sit by the lake.
(d) Fall asleep.
5. According to Christine, why does she go along with Julie's behavior toward Jean in Scene 1?
(a) Because she doesn't want to lose her job.
(b) Because she respects Julie.
(c) Because she believes Julie truly loves Jean.
(d) Because she doesn't want to be with Jean.
6. What do Strindberg's plays offer to playwrighting?
(a) He introduces sci-fi.
(b) He pushes playwrighting into modernity.
(c) He influences plays to be shorter.
(d) He influences plays to be more romantic.
7. What is Strindberg's aim in disclosing so much in the preface?
(a) To stress its uselessness.
(b) To stress its importance.
(c) To pass the time.
(d) Give audience something to ponder.
8. In which of the following countries does Strindberg set the play?
9. Why does Jean hesitate to dance with Julie?
(a) He's not polite.
(b) He doesn't like her.
(c) He's a bad dancer.
10. At the end of the pantomime, how does Christine greet the person who enters?
11. "Miss Julie" is set in whose house?
(a) A stranger's.
(b) The Count's.
(c) The servants'.
12. Julie is invested in what in her relationship with Jean?
13. Whom does Jean leave with to attend the celebration with the other servants in Scene 1?
(a) No one.
(b) The Count.
14. What does Julie ask Jean about the language he is speaking in Scene 2?
(a) If he speaks it to Christine.
(b) How long he has spoken it.
(c) Where he learned to speak it.
(d) If he can teach her.
15. Julie pretends to be ______.
Short Answer Questions
1. What flowers does Julie want to go pick?
2. During the pantomime, what does Christine heat with a candle?
3. Who does Miss Julie say taught her to hate men?
4. During the pantomime, what does the audience have to interpret?
5. How does Julie act towards men?
This section contains 466 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)