|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Strindberg, what interrupts the mood of the play?
2. What is the holiday "Miss Julie" begins on?
(a) Midsummer Eve.
(c) Julie's birthday.
(d) New Years.
3. What does Christine believe Jean's motive is in dancing and flirting with Julie in Scene 1?
(a) To marry Julie.
(b) To get revenge on the Count.
(c) To save his job.
(d) To save Christine's job.
4. Who does the image of dirty sleeves and clean buttons refer to?
(c) Miss Julie's mother.
(d) The Count.
5. In Scene 1, what does Jean observe about Christine and Julie?
(a) That they will take advantage of him.
(b) That they are both lovable.
(c) That they will leave him.
(d) That they are both vulnerable.
6. When did Jean see Miss Julie for the first time?
(a) 2 years ago.
(b) 2 months ago.
(c) In his teenage years.
(d) In his childhood.
7. During the pantomime, the audience can infer that Christine is evaluating Jean's loyalty to whom?
(a) The Count.
(c) His job.
8. Where did Miss Julie's family sleep when they did not have a home?
(a) In a caravan.
(b) In a ditch.
(c) In a carriage.
(d) In the servant's house house.
9. When Julie fiancé breaks the riding whip, he breaks her ______.
10. What are the characters celebrating?
(a) Good Friday.
(c) Midsummer's Night.
(d) The Count's birthday.
11. How is Christine treating the situation with Jean and Julie?
12. During the pantomime, what does Christine do to act as though she were by herself?
(a) She falls asleep.
(b) She addresses the audience.
(c) She faces the audience.
(d) She turns her back to the audience.
13. What is Jean's occupation?
(a) A company for the Count.
(b) A cook.
(c) A teacher.
(d) A serviceman.
14. What does Strindberg express about writing "Miss Julie" in the preface?
(a) People's reactions.
(b) Why he wrote it.
(c) It's personal relevance to his life.
(d) His hesitation.
15. What does Jean say he has promised to Christine when Julie enters the kitchen in Scene 1?
(a) He has promised the next dance.
(b) He has promised his hand in marriage.
(c) He has promised to help her in the kitchen.
(d) He has promised to accompany her to town.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Scene 2, Jean tells Julie that in his dream he is where?
2. What does Christine do with the item she finds on the table during the pantomime?
3. What kind of dream does Julie tell Jean she has in Scene 2?
4. Which of the following animals does Miss Julie call Jean?
5. What is Christine's excuse for Julie's wildness?
This section contains 464 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)