|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the statue described in the stage direction of Scene 1?
(c) Miss Julie.
(d) A child.
2. In which of the following countries does Strindberg set the play?
3. What aspect of the play does Strindberg NOT describe in detail?
(d) Surrounding activity.
4. When Christine sits, what does she do?
(a) Write a letter.
(b) Curls her hair.
(d) Makes a phone call.
5. What is Christine's excuse for Julie's wildness?
(a) She's on her period.
(b) She's drunk.
(c) She's going crazy.
(d) She's abusing drugs.
6. Which of the following characters is 35-years-old?
(a) Miss Julie.
7. What food does Christine fix for Jean?
8. Christine and Jean are _____ when Julie enters the kitchen in Scene 2.
(c) Ignoring each other.
9. In Scene 2, Julie states that Christine will make a good________.
10. Which of the following characters is 30-years-old?
(a) Miss Julie.
(d) The Count.
11. What does Miss Julie want to do with Jean after they leave?
(b) Live in the forest.
(c) Buy a boat.
(d) Have children.
12. What does Strindberg express about writing "Miss Julie" in the preface?
(a) People's reactions.
(b) His hesitation.
(c) Why he wrote it.
(d) It's personal relevance to his life.
13. During the pantomime, what does Christine heat with a candle?
(a) A hairpin.
(b) A washcloth.
(c) A knife.
(d) A glass bowl.
14. What kind of capital does Jean say he has?
(b) A beautiful woman.
15. Jean pretends to be ______.
Short Answer Questions
1. Julie pretends to be ______.
2. Whom does Jean leave with to attend the celebration with the other servants in Scene 1?
3. What are the peasants doing as they approach the kitchen?
4. What does Christine say she wants to do after work?
5. What does Jean say he feels towards Christine?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)