|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During the pantomime, what does Christine do to act as though she were by herself?
(a) She falls asleep.
(b) She addresses the audience.
(c) She faces the audience.
(d) She turns her back to the audience.
2. What tactic does Jean use in Scene 1 in his relationship with Christine and Julie?
3. What is Jean convinced of in terms of his class position?
(a) That he was born in the right class.
(b) That his class position gives him certain rights.
(c) That he was born in the wrong class.
(d) That his class position matters.
4. What does Miss Julie want to do before they leave?
5. What is the statue described in the stage direction of Scene 1?
(b) Miss Julie.
(c) A child.
6. What does Christine hum after Julie and Jean leave?
(a) The dancing music outside.
(b) A random compilation of notes.
(c) A lullaby.
(d) A new popular song.
7. What does Julie tell Jean she is doing in her dream?
(a) She is climbing down a mountain and can't get back up.
(b) She is climbing down a column and can't get back up.
(c) She has climbed to the top of a pillar and can't get back down.
(d) She has climbed to the top of a mountain and can't get back down.
8. Who does Miss Julie say taught her to hate men?
(a) Her grandparents.
(b) Her friends.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her father.
9. In Scene 2, Jean tells Julie that his father worked as a _________.
10. During their conversation, Jean kisses Julie's hand and ______.
11. Where did Jean learn to tell stories?
(a) At school.
(b) From his grandfather.
(c) From novels and plays.
(d) From his father.
12. Strindberg openly criticized what for its closed mindedness?
13. Why does Julie refute Jean's statement about the servants in Scene 1?
(a) Because she doesn't want the Count to find out they are leaving.
(b) Because she has evidence that they dislike her.
(c) Because she feels they get more than enough pay.
(d) Because she wants to believe everyone likes her.
14. What was Miss Julie wearing when Jean saw her for the first time?
(a) A light dress.
(d) A mini skirt.
15. According to Jean and Christine, who does Julie like to dance with?
(a) Just Jean.
(b) All the men, except Jean.
(c) All the men, including Jean.
(d) Some of the men, including Jean.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jean say Miss Julie can smell?
2. Which of the following characters is 30-years-old?
3. During the pantomime, the audience can infer that Christine is evaluating Jean's loyalty to whom?
4. What does Miss Julie want to do with Jean after they leave?
5. What key thing is missing from Christine and Jean's engagement?
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)