|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Julie ask Jean about the language he is speaking in Scene 2?
(a) If he can teach her.
(b) Where he learned to speak it.
(c) If he speaks it to Christine.
(d) How long he has spoken it.
2. According to Jean, how long has he been in love with Julie?
(a) Since the first day he saw her.
(b) Since her fiancé broke up with her.
(c) Since their dance at Midsummer Eve.
(d) Since he was a child.
3. Where was Miss Julie when Jean saw her for the second time?
(a) In the garden.
(b) In the church.
(c) On the balcony.
(d) On the patio.
4. Why did Miss Julie's mother not want to marry?
(a) She wanted to stay with her father.
(b) She hated men.
(c) She enjoyed her freedom.
(d) She was not religious.
5. Who does Miss Julie ask to help her?
(b) Her father.
(c) Her mother.
(d) An angel.
6. Where was Miss Julie when Jean saw her for the first time?
(a) The rose patio.
(b) The living room.
(c) The stables.
(d) The balcony.
7. What drink do Jean and Miss Julie drink together?
(a) A beer.
(b) White wine.
(c) A water.
(d) Red wine.
8. When Julie fiancé breaks the riding whip, he breaks her ______.
9. According to Jean and Christine, what do all the servants talk about regarding Julie?
(a) Her beauty.
(b) Her wit.
(c) Her talents.
(d) Her promiscuity.
10. What is Christine's excuse for Julie's wildness?
(a) She's abusing drugs.
(b) She's going crazy.
(c) She's drunk.
(d) She's on her period.
11. Which of the following does Christine serve to Jean?
12. How did Miss Julie's family lose its home?
(a) It was burned down.
(b) Miss Julie's mother lost it in a game of cards.
(c) It was bombed during the war.
(d) Miss Julie's father lost it in a game of cards.
13. Julie pretends to be ______.
14. Where is Christine during the pantomime?
(a) In her bedroom.
(b) In the kitchen.
(c) Visiting family in the city.
(d) At the Midsummer Eve celebration.
15. Where have Jean and Julie gone?
(a) To a secret room.
(c) To find their friend.
(d) To buy food.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the statue described in the stage direction of Scene 1?
2. What does Jean come back into the kitchen wearing?
3. What is the effect of Julie's treatment of Jean?
4. What is Jean and Christine's relationship NOT based on?
5. What does Jean say he feels towards Christine?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)