|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is similar to Julie's mother?
(c) Julie's dog.
2. Miss Julie" begins in a ______.
(a) Front yard.
3. In terms of his relationships with women, what kind of man is Jean?
(a) A classic gentleman.
(b) A romantic.
(c) A player.
(d) Romantically disinterested.
4. What does Christine say she wants to do after work?
5. Which of the following does Jean say does not amuse him?
(a) Talking with Miss Julie.
(b) Dancing with the peasants.
(c) Drinking with Miss Julie.
(d) Being with Christine.
6. Where is Christine during the pantomime?
(a) In the kitchen.
(b) In her bedroom.
(c) Visiting family in the city.
(d) At the Midsummer Eve celebration.
7. Julie pretends to be ______.
8. How does Jean manipulate Julie and Christine in the play?
(a) By using physical force.
(b) By creating an illusion of dedication to each.
(c) By threatening them with exposure.
(d) By using the Count's sanction to control them.
9. During their conversation, Jean kisses Julie's hand and ______.
10. What does Christine put on the table when Miss Julie and Jean leave the kitchen?
(a) A book.
(b) One bottle of wine.
(c) Some food.
(d) A mirror.
11. In Scene 1, what idea does Jean begin to formulate in regards to Christine and Julie?
(a) How he can get what he wants from them.
(b) Whom he wants to be faithful to.
(c) How he can trust them.
(d) When he will leave both of them.
12. What drink do Jean and Miss Julie drink together?
(a) A beer.
(b) White wine.
(c) A water.
(d) Red wine.
13. What tactic does Jean use in Scene 1 in his relationship with Christine and Julie?
14. In Scene 2, why is Julie excited when she enters the kitchen?
(a) Because she made her curfew.
(b) Because of her new dress.
(c) Because she saw her fiancé.
(d) Because of her dance with Jean.
15. Where have Jean and Julie gone?
(a) To buy food.
(b) To a secret room.
(d) To find their friend.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does Christine serve to Jean?
2. Christine and Jean are _____ when Julie enters the kitchen in Scene 2.
3. When Julie enters the kitchen in Scene 1, what does she immediately do?
4. August Strindberg wrote in the _____century.
5. Which of the following sentences does Jean have to say to persuade Miss Jean to sleep with him?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)