|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Julie disregard in Scene 1 regarding Jean and Christine?
(a) That they are too busy to entertain her.
(b) That they are engaged.
(c) That they want her to leave.
(d) That they dislike her company.
2. What is Christine waiting for in Pantomime?
(a) An important letter.
(b) A miracle.
(c) Jean and Julie to return.
(d) Her other boyfriend.
3. What kind of plate does Jean want Christine to serve his food on?
(a) A warm plate.
(b) A cold plate.
(c) A hot plate.
(d) A frozen plate.
4. Who is similar to Julie's mother?
(a) Julie's dog.
5. What does Jean want to do in Switzerland?
(b) Open a shop.
(c) Open a hotel.
(d) Sit on the beach.
6. What does Jean put on the table to symbolize that he does not want anything to bind him?
(a) A cup of tea.
(b) A bottle of wine.
(c) A bottle of water.
(d) A coin.
7. According to Jean and Christine, what do all the servants talk about regarding Julie?
(a) Her promiscuity.
(b) Her beauty.
(c) Her wit.
(d) Her talents.
8. Which of the following does Christine serve to Jean?
9. What does the holiday inspire in people?
(c) Somber observance.
10. What does Christine see on the table during the pantomime?
(a) A glove.
(b) A letter.
(c) A handkerchief.
(d) A gift.
11. Miss Julie's relationship with class, although indecisive, displays _______.
(b) Fear of failure.
(c) Artistic talent.
(d) Forward thinking.
12. At the time "Miss Julie" is written, society has very _____ thinking.
13. Which of the following words does Jean use to describe Miss Julie?
14. In Scene 2, why is Julie excited when she enters the kitchen?
(a) Because of her new dress.
(b) Because of her dance with Jean.
(c) Because she made her curfew.
(d) Because she saw her fiancé.
15. Where is Jean during the pantomime?
(a) In Christine's bedroom.
(b) With the Count in the city.
(c) In the kitchen.
(d) At the Midsummer Eve celebration.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Jean trying to get to in his dream?
2. In which of the following countries does Jean want to start a new life with Miss Julie?
3. Julie is invested in what in her relationship with Jean?
4. August Strindberg wrote in the _____century.
5. What does Christine do with the item she finds on the table during the pantomime?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)