|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of society does Miss Julie want to live in?
(a) All classes.
(b) Lower class.
(c) Middle class.
(d) Upper class.
2. People in Strindberg's time are unable to accept ______ as a part of life.
3. In which of the following countries does Jean want to start a new life with Miss Julie?
4. What is Strindberg's attitude in the preface?
5. What does Jean say Miss Julie can smell?
6. What does Jean tell Julie he wants to do in his dream?
(a) Swim to the other side where he is safe.
(b) Climb to the bottom where the ground is cool.
(c) Get to the top to plunder the bird's nest.
(d) Find the end where he can escape.
7. Where was Miss Julie when Jean saw her for the second time?
(a) On the balcony.
(b) On the patio.
(c) In the church.
(d) In the garden.
8. Where does Jean learn to speak French?
(b) In school.
(c) In jail.
9. What does Strindberg allow the actors to do?
10. How does Strindberg want to form his characters?
(a) As human.
(b) As fictional.
(c) As metaphors.
(d) As animals.
11. Which of the following does Christine serve to Jean?
12. What is Christine doing when Jean reenters the kitchen?
(a) Falling asleep.
(b) Looking through the window.
(c) Reading a book.
13. For Strindberg, what is/are a real and indelible part of everyday life?
14. What do Strindberg's plays offer to playwrighting?
(a) He pushes playwrighting into modernity.
(b) He influences plays to be more romantic.
(c) He introduces sci-fi.
(d) He influences plays to be shorter.
15. What did Miss Julie's father try to do when he heard his wife was responsible for burning down their house?
(a) Divorce her.
(b) Commit suicide.
(c) Move out.
(d) Kill her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What stands on the left of the window?
2. What kind of relationship did Miss Julie's mother have with the manufacturer?
3. How is Julie NOT a typical daughter of a count?
4. What food does Christine fix for Jean?
5. What does Miss Julie say will happen after she has been with Jean for two years?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)