Short Answer Questions Key
1. August Strindberg wrote in the _____century.
2. Strindberg openly criticized what for its closed mindedness?
3. What did Strindberg want to expand in theater performance?
Topics and themes.
4. According to Strindberg, who should shoulder the feelings his characters provoke in the play?
5. What was a reflection of society at the time, according to Strindberg?
A need to feel bad for the less fortunate.
6. For Strindberg, what is/are a real and indelible part of everyday life?
7. According to Strindberg, what cause is NOT attributable to Julie's suicide?
This section contains 11,186 words
(approx. 38 pages at 300 words per page)