|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pantomime.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the Count leave Julie with as the play opens?
(b) Business associates.
(d) No one.
2. What is the statue described in the stage direction of Scene 1?
(b) A child.
(c) Miss Julie.
3. Where does Jean say he is always standing in his dream?
(a) A castle.
(b) A house.
(c) A dark forest.
(d) A meadow.
4. What is Strindberg's opinion of the theater?
(a) It's too liberal.
(b) They are poorly run.
(c) Movies are better.
(d) It's too close-minded.
5. Where was Miss Julie when Jean saw her for the first time?
(a) The living room.
(b) The balcony.
(c) The stables.
(d) The rose patio.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Strindberg's attitude in the preface?
2. What does Julie disregard in Scene 1 regarding Jean and Christine?
3. What is Jean convinced of in terms of his class position?
4. According to Christine and Jean, why did Julie and her fiancé break up?
5. When Julie enters the kitchen in Scene 1, what does she immediately do?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)