|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Dramatis Personae Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Scene 1, what idea does Jean begin to formulate in regards to Christine and Julie?
(a) How he can get what he wants from them.
(b) When he will leave both of them.
(c) Whom he wants to be faithful to.
(d) How he can trust them.
2. Who does the Count leave Julie with as the play opens?
(a) No one.
(d) Business associates.
3. What is the holiday "Miss Julie" begins on?
(a) Julie's birthday.
(b) Midsummer Eve.
(d) New Years.
4. What county is "Miss Julie" set in?
5. Which of the following two people are the only two characters in the play other than Miss Julie?
(a) Klara and Isabelle.
(b) Jean and Christine.
(c) The Count and Rubi.
(d) The Count and Margo.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose interest is Jean most invested in?
2. During the era in which Strindberg wrote, what did most playwrights focus on?
3. What drink do Jean and Miss Julie drink together?
4. What characterizes Christine and Jean's interactions while they're alone?
5. How does Miss Julie feel after her engagement has been broken off?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)