Objective: August Strindberg is known as one of the leading playwrights of the late 19th century. His plays challenged the restricting laws of the time and are seen as before their time. The aim of this lesson is to examine August Strindberg.
1. Divide the students into groups of five and ask them to develop a 5-minute play that examines August Strindberg's life.
2. Divide the class into groups and give each student the title of a Strindberg to research. The students need to research the story, characters and some of the themes. What similarities do Strindberg's plays share?
3. Ask the students to write Strindberg's obituary.
4. Homework. Read two or three scenes from another Strindberg play.
Objective: MISS JULIE is a naturalist play. The aim of this lesson is to examine naturalism.
1. With the students, discuss naturalism and Strindberg's use of the technique in MISS JULIE. What do...
This section contains 4,986 words
(approx. 17 pages at 300 words per page)