Essay Topic 1
Discuss the role of conflict in "Miss Julie."
1. The conflict between Julie and society.
2. The conflict between Julie and Jean.
3. The conflict between Julie and herself.
Essay Topic 2
Pick two characters from the play and discuss their goals and motives. Do they achieve their motives? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters' goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
Essay Topic 3
Use "Strindberg's Time" as a focus. Discuss how "Miss Julie" compares to playwrighting of the 19th century, other playwrights, and other Strindberg plays.
Essay Topic 4
Discuss the role of setting in "Miss Julie."
1. What impact does Midsummer Eve have on the characters?
2. What is the significance of the kitchen in the play?
Essay Topic 5
Discuss elements of the narrative structure: Exposition, conflict, complication, climax, resolution and conclusion. Do all...
This section contains 781 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)