|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What grade was Summer in when her class had to write descriptions of each other?
2. Who does Summer compare herself, Ob, and Cletus to in Chapter 6?
3. What simile does Summer use to describe Ob when she goes into his room on the day they oversleep?
4. What is one of Rev. Conklin's nicknames?
5. Where is the local sanatorium?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss May and whether she is a round or flat character.
Essay Topic 2
Missing May is about the death of a beloved wife and mother. Discuss the overall mood of the novel.
Essay Topic 3
In Chapter 1, Summer made a comment that she "had come home." Discuss the places Summer had known and why she felt that she had found a home with Ob and May.
This section contains 170 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)