|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Summer drink for breakfast in Chapter 6?
2. What did Summer start to pull out for supper in Chapter 7?
3. What does Ob read as May heads off to school in Chapter 8?
4. Who gave Cletus some magazines that he unloads in the car?
5. What type of trees surround Cletus' house?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Chapter 2, Ob believed that Mary had returned as a spirit. Discuss what Summer, Ob, and May's beliefs about spirits.
Essay Topic 2
In Chapter 1, Summer made a comment that she "had come home." Discuss the places Summer had known and why she felt that she had found a home with Ob and May.
Essay Topic 3
When Ob drives past the capitol, Cletus looks like he'd like to stay there forever. Discuss why Cletus and Summer are fascinated by the capitol building and what it represents to them.
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)