|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What subject does the teacher teach who has a face-lift?
2. What cover the earflaps on Cletus' hat?
3. Where did May get a special gift for Ob that she had to save for a long time to be able to purchase?
4. How long has Summer lived with Ob and May?
5. What is the subject of a paper that Summer is writing in Chapter 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. In fourth grade, how did another student describe Summer?
2. Why did May used to laugh about moving to Deep Water, West Virginia?
3. How does Summer describe the capitol building?
4. How did May survive the flood that killed her parents?
5. What types of pictures does Cletus collect and how does he want to collaborate with Summer?
6. Why does Summer believe that Ob talks about May in the garden?
7. How did Cletus get an old photograph of a baby who looked like he was floating?
8. As Cletus talks about the capitol, what image of Cletus does Summer see in her mind?
9. How did Ob meet Cletus?
10. What do the three travelers learn when they arrive at the church?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Cletus recalls the time that he died and came back to life. Discuss Cletus' death experience and how he was brought back to life.
Essay Topic 2
Cletus wants Ob and Summer to come to a spiritualist church. Discuss spiritualist churches and why Cletus wants to go to one.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss May and whether she is a round or flat character.
This section contains 603 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)