|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Summer first came to live with Ob and May, what type of cookies did May have in the cabinets?
(a) Vanilla wafers.
(b) Thin mints.
(d) Chocolate chip.
2. What is the name of the school where Cletus and Summer go to school?
(a) Deep Water Junior High.
(b) Fayette Junior High.
(c) Mountain Top Junior High.
(d) Raleigh Junior High.
3. What type of car did Ob drive when Summer moved to live with Ob and May?
4. What type of deodorant does Summer mention that she thinks Cletus uses?
(a) Old Spice.
(d) Right Guard.
5. What color is Cletus' hair?
Short Answer Questions
1. That first day that Summer came to Ob and May's home, what did Summer see in cans in May's cabinets?
2. What was the name of the dog that Cletus saw when he drowned?
3. What month is it in Chapter 2?
4. What type of soda did May have in her refrigerator when Summer came to live with Ob and May?
5. Where did May get a special gift for Ob that she had to save for a long time to be able to purchase?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Summer believe that she knew love before her mother died?
2. Why did May think that the good Lord waited until she and Ob were old to send Summer to them?
3. What reasons does Ob give for wanting to go on a trip?
4. What does Summer say about Cletus' hygiene?
5. What does Ob compare a strong drink of whiskey to ?
6. Why did Cletus spend Christmas with Ob and Summer instead of with his parents?
7. When Summer was younger, how did she get to the bus stop?
8. How did Cletus get an old photograph of a baby who looked like he was floating?
9. Why does Summer believe that people want to stay on earth?
10. How did May refer to being in her garden?
This section contains 696 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)