|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the subject of a puzzle that Cletus brought at Christmastime?
(a) Leaning Tower of Pisa.
(b) Eiffel Tower.
(c) Great Pyramids.
2. What color is Cletus' hair?
3. When Cletus first moved to the area where Summer lives, what did he collect?
(a) Wrapping paper.
(b) Potato chip bags.
4. Where did the teacher get her face-lift done?
5. Where did Summer live before she moved to stay with Ob and May?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Aunt May talked about gardening, what color hat did Summer envision her Aunt wearing?
2. When Summer looks at Cletus in his hat with the earflaps, who does he remind her of?
3. When May woke during the flood, how far was she from home?
4. What color hair did May have?
5. What bus does Summer ride to school?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did May used to laugh about moving to Deep Water, West Virginia?
2. Describe the photograph that Cletus shows Summer at the beginning of Chapter 4.
3. What does Ob say that they will do tomorrow on the trip back?
4. What things does Ob remember about May in Chapter 5?
5. What does Summer say about Cletus' hygiene?
6. What happened when Cletus died and then came back to life?
7. What type of food did Summer see that first day she went to live with Ob and May?
8. How did Summer and Ob spend their first Christmas after May died?
9. How did Summer feel about the love that Ob and Mary had?
10. In fourth grade, how did another student describe Summer?
This section contains 743 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)