|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Joe Underwood work?
(a) Machine shop.
(b) Grocery store.
(d) Moving company.
2. What month is it in Chapter 2?
3. When Cletus first moved to the area where Summer lives, what did he collect?
(b) Wrapping paper.
(c) Potato chip bags.
4. How old is Summer?
5. What do Ob, Cletus and Summer wear when they go outside in Chapter 5 to try to talk to May?
(a) Overcoats and boots.
(b) Jean jackets and school shoes.
(c) Sweaters and tennis shoes.
(d) Light jackets and slippers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did May get a special gift for Ob that she had to save for a long time to be able to purchase?
2. When May woke during the flood, how far was she from home?
3. What state do Ob and Summer live in?
4. What word does Cletus use to describe the photo he shows Summer at the beginning of Chapter 4?
5. What cartoon character was used for whirligigs where Summer used to live?
Short Essay Questions
1. What things does Ob remember about May in Chapter 5?
2. In Chapter 5, how does Summer describe the three of them while Ob tries to contact May?
3. Describe the place where Summer lives with Ob.
4. What does Cletus want to be when he grows up?
5. How did Summer and Ob spend their first Christmas after May died?
6. What reasons does Ob give for wanting to go on a trip?
7. What type of food did Summer see that first day she went to live with Ob and May?
8. Why did May think that the good Lord waited until she and Ob were old to send Summer to them?
9. Describe Cletus' house.
10. How did most people in Fayette County speak of being in their gardens, and what images did that bring to mind?
This section contains 704 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)