|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Cletus' mother's name?
2. In addition to his usual suitcase, what is Cletus taking on the trip?
(a) Gym bag.
(b) Duffle bag.
(c) Grocery bag.
3. What city is the church located in that Cletus mentions?
(a) Prairie Meadow.
(c) Glen Meadows.
4. What is another one of Rev. Conklin's nicknames?
(a) White Lady.
(b) The Wise One.
(c) Black Lady.
(d) The Old One.
5. How do the three travelers find the church?
(a) Look on a map.
(b) Look in a phone book.
(c) Ask someone on the street for directions.
(d) Ask for directions at a filling station.
6. What route can be taken to get to Rev. Conklin's church?
(b) Route 57.
(c) Route 89.
7. If a bat would get in the trailer, how would Ob and May try to catch it?
(a) With a tennis racket.
(b) With a blanket.
(c) With a fishing net.
(d) With a bug net.
8. What time do Ob and Summer finally eat breakfast on the morning they both sleep late?
9. Where was Ob shot when he was in the navy?
10. What does the man who is at the church offer the three travelers?
11. At the beginning of Chapter 8, what does Summer say that May liked?
12. What is Ob wearing when he finally gets up in Chapter 6?
(b) Old shirt and slacks.
(d) Shirt wrong side to and jeans.
13. Where does Cletus want to stop on the way back from the church?
14. What is the person doing who is at the church and talks to the three travelers?
(a) Living there now.
(c) Putting the minster's affairs in order.
15. What type of church does Cletus tell Ob about?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Mr. Underwood used to do for a living?
2. What does Summer compare the West Virginia capitol building to?
3. In Chapter 6, by what time does Summer decide that Ob overslept because he was finished waiting for May and finished waiting for grief to leave?
4. How long ago, did Cletus find the information about the church?
5. What color beard does Mr. Underwood have?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)