|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the three travelers find the church?
(a) Ask someone on the street for directions.
(b) Look on a map.
(c) Ask for directions at a filling station.
(d) Look in a phone book.
2. What does Summer compare Mr. Underwood to?
3. Who does Summer compare herself, Ob, and Cletus to in Chapter 6?
(a) The Three Stooges.
(b) Characters from The Wizard of Oz.
(c) Snoopy and the Red Baron.
(d) The Swiss Family Robinson.
4. Where was Ob shot when he was in the navy?
5. How long ago, did Cletus find the information about the church?
(a) 3 months.
(b) 6 months.
(c) A year.
(d) Last week.
6. What animal does the person resemble who greets them at the church?
7. What time does Summer usually eat breakfast on school days?
8. What does Summer watch when she wakes up too late to go to school?
(b) Good morning today.
(c) Today show.
(d) A movie.
9. Who told them what had happened to the Rev. Young?
(a) Her uncle.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her nephew.
(d) Her husband.
10. What color is the thing that the man gives Cletus?
11. How long had the Underwoods been asking Cletus to bring Summer over?
(a) 3 months.
(b) Since Thanksgiving.
(c) Since Christmas.
(d) 8 weeks.
12. What is the only medical book that Summer can find in her house?
(a) Talking to Teens about Puberty.
(b) Emergency Preparation.
(c) First Aid.
(d) Baby and Child Care.
13. When a bat died that May injured, where was it buried?
(a) Behind the trailer.
(b) Next to an oak tree.
(c) May's garden.
(d) Under the Chevy.
14. What type of trees surround Cletus' house?
15. At the beginning of Chapter 6, how long has it been since Ob tried to contact May?
(a) 4 days.
(b) 2 days.
(c) 3 days.
(d) 1 day.
Short Answer Questions
1. What grade was Summer in when her class had to write descriptions of each other?
2. What road does Ob drive toward as they leave Charleston?
3. What type of church does Cletus tell Ob about?
4. In addition to his usual suitcase, what is Cletus taking on the trip?
5. What color is Cletus' house?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)