|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color is the thing that the man gives Cletus?
2. At the beginning of Chapter 8, what does Summer say that May liked?
3. In Chapter 6, by what time does Summer decide that Ob overslept because he was finished waiting for May and finished waiting for grief to leave?
4. What color is Cletus' house?
5. What part of the plot does Summer call Chapter 6?
(c) Rising action.
6. What did Mr. Underwood used to do for a living?
(a) Auto repairman.
(d) Factory worker.
7. Where is the local sanatorium?
(c) Mount Pleasant.
8. What is Ob wearing when he finally gets up in Chapter 6?
(c) Shirt wrong side to and jeans.
(d) Old shirt and slacks.
9. What is Cletus' mother's name?
10. What does Ob read as May heads off to school in Chapter 8?
(a) A magazine.
(b) A newspaper.
(c) A novel.
(d) A travel guide.
11. How many fingers had Mr. Underwood lost?
12. When does Ob plan to meet Cletus' parents and discuss a trip to Rev. Conklin's church?
13. How do the three travelers find the church?
(a) Ask someone on the street for directions.
(b) Look in a phone book.
(c) Ask for directions at a filling station.
(d) Look on a map.
14. Who does Summer compare herself, Ob, and Cletus to in Chapter 6?
(a) The Swiss Family Robinson.
(b) The Three Stooges.
(c) Snoopy and the Red Baron.
(d) Characters from The Wizard of Oz.
15. Where does Summer sit while Ob and Cletus chat about a church?
(a) Kitchen chair.
(b) On her bed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Cletus learn about a church where the minister talks to the dead?
2. What factory do Ob, Summer, and Cletus pass as they drive past Charleston?
3. What does Summer compare the West Virginia capitol building to?
4. What did Summer start to pull out for supper in Chapter 7?
5. What road does Ob drive toward as they leave Charleston?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)