|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many fingers had Mr. Underwood lost?
2. Where does Cletus learn about a church where the minister talks to the dead?
3. Where does Ob go in Chapter 5 after he tries to contact May?
(a) Grocery store.
(c) Hardware store.
4. What is the person doing who is at the church and talks to the three travelers?
(b) Putting the minster's affairs in order.
(c) Living there now.
5. Where was Ob shot when he was in the navy?
6. Where does Cletus sit while he talks to Ob about a church?
(a) On the floor.
(d) Kitchen chair.
7. What does Summer drink for breakfast in Chapter 6?
(c) Orange juice.
8. When does Ob plan to meet Cletus' parents and discuss a trip to Rev. Conklin's church?
9. In Chapter 6, by what time does Summer decide that Ob overslept because he was finished waiting for May and finished waiting for grief to leave?
10. What is one of Rev. Conklin's nicknames?
(a) Bat Lady.
(b) Tiger Lady.
11. What has happened to the Rev. Young?
(a) She left the church.
(b) She died.
(c) She got married.
(d) She moved.
12. What does Ob compare to a strong drink of whiskey?
(a) A good run.
(d) Getting angry.
13. What nickname does Cletus give Rev. Conklin?
(a) Speaker to the dead.
(b) Quiet lady.
(c) Just-in-Time Lady.
(d) Lady of death.
14. What does Summer believe that Cletus' idea about the church ranks with?
(a) Invention of Spam.
(b) Bellows vacuum cleaner.
(c) Invention of Cheez Whiz.
(d) Motor skates.
15. What is the only medical book that Summer can find in her house?
(a) First Aid.
(b) Emergency Preparation.
(c) Baby and Child Care.
(d) Talking to Teens about Puberty.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long ago, did Cletus find the information about the church?
2. What simile does Summer use to describe Ob when she goes into his room on the day they oversleep?
3. What route can be taken to get to Rev. Conklin's church?
4. What color is the spiritualist church?
5. What color beard does Mr. Underwood have?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)