|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Ob and Summer using to make bird feeders when Ob believes that May returns?
(a) Popsicle sticks.
(b) Half of an orange.
(c) Milk jugs.
(d) Orange juice cartons.
2. What day of the week does Ob believe that May returns?
3. What color is Cletus' hair?
4. What show did Cletus, Ob, and Summer watch the first time that Cletus showed them his pictures?
(a) American Bandstand.
(b) Lost in Space.
(c) Lawrence Welk.
(d) 60 Minutes.
5. What did Mary use when she rubbed Ob's aching joint every night?
(a) Icy Hot.
(c) Deep Heat.
(d) Ben Gay.
6. What color did Betty Underwood dye her hair?
7. How old was May when her mommy and daddy died in a flash flood?
8. Who in Cletus' family had just died when Cletus drowned?
9. What color hair did May have?
(d) Salt and pepper.
10. How long had the dog been dead that Cletus saw when he drowned?
(a) 3 years.
(b) 2 years.
(c) 1 year.
(d) 4 years.
11. What state do Ob and Summer live in?
(a) West Virginia.
(b) North Carolina.
12. When Summer imagined Aunt May gardening, what birds did she imagine landed on her aunt's shoulders?
13. In a photo that Cletus show Summer in Chapter 4, where was a baby photographed?
(a) In a church.
(b) In a field.
(c) In a house.
(d) In a photo studio.
14. How high was the wall of water that washed into the valley where Mary lived with her parents?
(a) 30 ft.
(b) 15 ft.
(c) 25 ft.
(d) 20 ft.
15. How many years did May save to buy a special gift for Ob?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Summer?
2. What type of soda did May have in her refrigerator when Summer came to live with Ob and May?
3. Where do Ob, Cletus, and Summer go to try to contact May at the beginning of Chapter 5?
4. What dance does Ob love?
5. Where does Cletus believe that the photograph he shows Summer at the beginning of Chapter 4 should be displayed?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)