|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What cartoon character was used for whirligigs where Summer used to live?
2. Who gave Cletus' an old picture that he shows Summer at the beginning of Chapter 4?
(a) Mrs. White.
(b) Mrs. Davis.
(c) Mrs. Brown.
(d) Mrs. Andrews.
3. What bird passes over head after Ob talks about all the good things he can remember about May?
(b) Blue jay.
4. What type of car did Ob drive when Summer moved to live with Ob and May?
5. When May woke during the flood, how far was she from home?
(a) 12 miles.
(b) 10 miles.
(c) 6 miles.
(d) 8 miles.
6. What type of chips did May have in her cabinets the first day that Summer was at May's home?
7. Who in Cletus' family had just died when Cletus drowned?
8. How old is Summer?
9. When Cletus first moved to the area where Summer lives, what did he collect?
(b) Wrapping paper.
(c) Potato chip bags.
10. What month is it in Chapter 2?
11. What show did Cletus, Ob, and Summer watch the first time that Cletus showed them his pictures?
(a) 60 Minutes.
(b) Lawrence Welk.
(c) Lost in Space.
(d) American Bandstand.
12. What color hair did May have?
(c) Salt and pepper.
13. What was May doing when she died?
(a) Attending church.
(c) Baking a cake.
(d) Going for a walk.
14. What dead plants does Summer see outside when Ob tries to contact May in Chapter 5?
(a) Roses and daisies.
(c) Dead beans and broccoli.
15. How long did it take Cletus and Ob to put a puzzle together on Christmas Day?
(a) 12 hours.
(b) 14 hours.
(c) 8 hours.
(d) 10 hours.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color handkerchief does Ob have in his pocket in Chapter 2?
2. What was the name of the dog that Cletus saw when he drowned?
3. That first day that Summer came to Ob and May's home, what did Summer see in cans in May's cabinets?
4. When Summer imagined Aunt May gardening, what birds did she imagine landed on her aunt's shoulders?
5. What did May believe that her daddy would eat in heaven?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)