|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Summer looks at Cletus in his hat with the earflaps, who does he remind her of?
(a) An aviator.
(b) A cousin.
(c) Red Baron.
2. How old was May when her mommy and daddy died in a flash flood?
3. When Cletus first moved to the area where Summer lives, what did he collect?
(c) Wrapping paper.
(d) Potato chip bags.
4. In Chapter 1, what type of fruit does Summer say was in May's refrigerator the first day that Summer came to May's home?
5. What was the name of the dog that Cletus saw when he drowned?
6. In Chapter 2, how long has it been since Aunt May died?
(a) 2 months.
(b) 7 months.
(c) 4 months.
(d) 6 months.
7. What dance does Ob love?
8. When Aunt May talked about gardening, what color hat did Summer envision her Aunt wearing?
9. How many TV dinners did Summer cook for Cletus and Ob on Christmas Day?
10. What color hair did May have?
(d) Salt and pepper.
11. What cartoon character was used for whirligigs where Summer used to live?
12. When Summer describes Ob's appearance in Chapter 2, who does she compare him to?
(a) Ichabod Crane.
(c) The scarecrow.
13. What state do Ob and Summer live in?
(b) North Carolina.
(d) West Virginia.
14. When May woke during the flood, how far was she from home?
(a) 10 miles.
(b) 8 miles.
(c) 12 miles.
(d) 6 miles.
15. In Chapter 3, how long has Summer been riding the school bus with Cletus?
(a) 2 years.
(b) 1 year.
(c) 3 months.
(d) 6 months.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color is Cletus' hair?
2. In a photo that Cletus show Summer in Chapter 4, where was a baby photographed?
3. What aching joint did May rub for Ob every night?
4. What bus does Summer ride to school?
5. What bird passes over head after Ob talks about all the good things he can remember about May?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)