Part One: Still as Night - Chapter One
• After May's funeral, Ob changed his clothes and went to sit out in an old Chevy buried in weeds in the yard.
• Summer tells how she never saw a couple that loved each other as much as Ob and May did.
• Summer's mother died when she was six.
• Summer was passed around her mother's siblings since she had no other home.
• When Uncle Ob and Aunt May visited one day and saw Summer, they knew that they had to take her home with them.
• Home for Uncle Ob and Aunt May was then and still is a rusty old trailer perched precariously on a mountain in West Virginia.
• Summer felt as though she had reached paradise in Uncle Ob and Aunt May's home.
• Inside the trailer every wall and shelf were covered with whirligigs.
• Not just ordinary whirligigs, but very...
This section contains 1,627 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)