|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do other Chops stop going to Ponky much?
(a) They miss Two Down's entertainment.
(b) The owner threatened them.
(c) They only want to play at The Mayflower Club.
(d) They are upset about the outcome of The Bet.
2. Who ultimately comes up with a plan to help Two Down get out of his predicament?
(d) Two Down.
3. How are the details of Ray's plan confirmed while he is at home?
(a) He sees a news story about The Mayflower Club.
(b) His father calls to confirm.
(c) Madeline comes over.
(d) Two Down calls to confirm.
4. What does Ray decide to do with the club?
(a) Sell it and return to professional golf.
(b) Give it to his father.
(c) Break it.
(d) Have it appraised.
5. Where does Thud hide in order to execute the plan in Chapter 18?
(a) The closet of a hotel room.
(b) The back seat of Concorde's car.
(c) The clubhouse at The Mayflower Club.
(d) Concorde's living room.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the atmosphere at Ponky's in the Epilogue?
2. Who else had looked up information on Ray's club?
3. What do the Numerals and the Chops do once they are all together?
4. How does Hoover distract Concorde?
5. Before she leaves, what does Madeline give to Ray?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Crowbar arrives at the match, what does he reveal about Two Down?
2. What change does the reader see in Hoover when he distracts Ray's father with talk about seeing his own shadow?
3. How do things end for Ray and Dannie?
4. Who serves as Ray's father's caddy during the first half of the match at Ponky, and what surprises Ray about his father's caddy during the second half?
5. What threat do Concorde and the Slavic man make against Two Down?
6. What does Ray do that he hopes will convince Two Down to drop the kidnapping plan?
7. Which rule at The Mayflower Club is strictly enforced when the Chops follow Ray and Two Down for the second half of the match? Why is this ironic?
8. Whom does Two Down see approaching in a golf cart at the end of Chapter 20, and why is he pleased?
9. Describe what Ray learns from other Numerals and from Madeline with only one round left to play in the match.
10. What is the one solution Ray proposes for Two Down's problem that Two Down takes seriously?
This section contains 878 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)