|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the Numerals and the Chops do once they are all together?
(a) Become friends.
(b) Ignore each other.
(c) Bet against each other.
2. How does Madeline react when she finds out about Ray's plan?
(a) She falls more in love with him.
(b) She walks out on him.
(c) She agrees to help him.
(d) She calls the police to report him.
3. Where does Ray take Two Down after the incident with Concorde?
(b) The Emergency Room.
(d) A Therapy Group.
4. Who wins The Bet?
(d) Two Down.
5. What mood is Crowbar in when he approaches Two Down in Chapter 21?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who surprises Ray by arriving at the course in Chapter 24?
2. What does Ray jokingly suggest as a solution for Two Down's trouble?
3. What is one of Ray's stipulations for Two Down?
4. What does Ray have to do to get ready for the second half?
5. Who else had looked up information on Ray's club?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Two Down's problem with Concorde initially resolved, and how does it backfire on him?
2. At the beginning of Chapter 24, what does Ray's father offer him? What does Ray do?
3. Whom does Two Down see approaching in a golf cart at the end of Chapter 20, and why is he pleased?
4. What threat do Concorde and the Slavic man make against Two Down?
5. Describe what happens when Dannie arrives at The Mayflower Club with Browning.
6. When Ray, Two Down, and Dannie all arrive at The Mayflower Club on the same morning and realize that all three have a match scheduled, what do they realize will determine the winner of The Bet?
7. When Two Down tells Ray of the "double or nothing" golf match against Concorde to get himself out of trouble, Ray initially refuses to be Two Down's partner. What makes Ray change his mind?
8. Who serves as Ray's father's caddy during the first half of the match at Ponky, and what surprises Ray about his father's caddy during the second half?
9. Describe what Ray learns from other Numerals and from Madeline with only one round left to play in the match.
10. What change does the reader see in Hoover when he distracts Ray's father with talk about seeing his own shadow?
This section contains 856 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)