|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the nickname for Ponky's clubhouse?
(a) The Pit of Despair.
(b) The House of Doom.
(c) Chops Central.
2. Which friendship/relationship goes bad first because of The Bet?
(a) Two Down and Dannie.
(b) Ray and Dannie.
(c) Ray and Two Down.
(d) Dannie and Hoover.
3. How does Ray's father act when Ray visits his office?
(a) As if nothing has changed.
4. What illness did Travis have?
(b) Obsessive Compulsive Disorder.
(c) Heart Disease.
5. What is Dannie's background?
(a) Poor, Southern.
(b) Child of traveling missionaries.
(c) Rich, Italian.
(d) Rich, Boston suburb.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who surprises Ray when Ray sees him working at The Mayflower Club?
2. To whom is Ray assigned at The Mayflower Club that he manages to escape working for?
3. Ray refers to his father as a "part-time ________________."
4. Who is Ray first assigned to at his new job?
5. Why does Dannie's plan fail?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens with the flirting between Ray and Madeline in Chapter 13?
2. What are some of the similarities seen in Chapter 3 between each golf course and its respective members?
3. While Ray is on his way to apply for the caddy job, how does he describe his golf background and his Uncle Joe's role in his life?
4. What effect does The Bet have on the atmosphere at Ponky?
5. Describe the terms of The Bet and list the people involved.
6. To whom was Ray once married, and what happened to their marriage?
7. Describe Ray's first assignment as a caddy. What is the member like?
8. Why does Ray lose his job at The Mayflower Club?
9. Describe Ponkaquogue (Ponky), giving details of the interior and exterior.
10. Briefly describe the details of Dannie's first plan to win The Bet and why it fails.
This section contains 741 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)