|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ray also remembers his Uncle Joe, who had been Ray's most ardent supporter, and a special golf club that Uncle Joe had given him. The club had once been used by ____________.
(a) Jack Nicklaus.
(b) Ben Hogan.
(c) Bobby Jones.
(d) Arnold Palmer.
2. What was the reason for the incident Ray mentions between his father and mother?
(a) He had a bad day at work.
(b) Ray brought home poor grades.
(c) She wanted to leave him.
(d) She failed to have two cold beers ready for dinner.
3. When are caddies at The Mayflower Club allowed to enter the clubhouse?
(a) To assist a member.
(c) Only to use the restroom.
(d) Anytime they want.
4. What is the nickname for Ponky's clubhouse?
(a) The Pit of Despair.
(c) Chops Central.
(d) The House of Doom.
5. Who introduced Ray to golf?
(a) Two Down.
(b) Uncle Joe.
(d) His father.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Two Down's first plan fail?
2. Ponky is described as "possibly the ___________ golf course in America."
3. Who is Ray first assigned to at his new job?
4. What secret does Ray keep from Madeline?
5. Who is Ray's secret girlfriend?
Short Essay Questions
1. Briefly describe Ray's family history.
2. Briefly describe Two Down's plan to win The Bet described in Chapter 7 and why it fails.
3. Among the Chops, who is more of a leader at Ponky in the first two chapters, Ray or Two Down? Why?
4. What sort of abuse does Ray describe in Chapter 6 when discussing his father?
5. While Ray is on his way to apply for the caddy job, how does he describe his golf background and his Uncle Joe's role in his life?
6. What are some of the similarities seen in Chapter 3 between each golf course and its respective members?
7. What is the dynamic between Ray and Madeline by the end of Chapter 12?
8. Describe Two Down's attitude toward betting.
9. To whom was Ray once married, and what happened to their marriage?
10. Why is Thud, an ex-con, chosen to hold the money for The bet?
This section contains 770 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)