|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When are caddies at The Mayflower Club allowed to enter the clubhouse?
(a) Anytime they want.
(b) Only to use the restroom.
(d) To assist a member.
2. What is the name of the caddy Ray especially likes?
(a) The Boss.
(c) Number One.
3. What were the terms of The Bet established in Chapter 2?
(a) The first Chop to date someone from The Mayflower Club wins.
(b) The first Chop to be admitted to The Mayflower Club wins.
(c) The first Chop to win a game at Ponky wins.
(d) The first Chop to play a full game of golf at The Mayflower Club wins.
4. What illness did Travis have?
(a) Heart Disease.
(c) Obsessive Compulsive Disorder.
5. Which character stops looking at The Mayflower Club?
(b) Chunkin' Charlie.
(d) Blue Chao.
Short Answer Questions
1. How are Two Down's leadership skills evident in this suggestion to the other Chops?
2. How did Travis die?
3. Who came up with the idea for The Bet?
4. The Bet was agreed upon by ______________.
5. Where does Two Down work that gives him the ability to do research for The Bet?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is ironic about the location of Ponky and The Mayflower Club?
2. While Ray is on his way to apply for the caddy job, how does he describe his golf background and his Uncle Joe's role in his life?
3. What effect does The Bet have on the atmosphere at Ponky?
4. Describe Ray's first assignment as a caddy. What is the member like?
5. What is Dannie's second plan to win The Bet, and what happens when she attempts it?
6. What sort of abuse does Ray describe in Chapter 6 when discussing his father?
7. Why is Thud, an ex-con, chosen to hold the money for The bet?
8. Describe the terms of The Bet and list the people involved.
9. Briefly describe Two Down's second plan to win The Bet, described in Chapter 13.
10. Describe the two tragic events that took Ray away from professional golf.
This section contains 861 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)