|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How are Two Down's leadership skills evident in this suggestion to the other Chops?
(a) He gets mad and storms off.
(b) He forces them to drop out.
(c) He talks them out of going on with The Bet.
(d) He takes charge and convinces them to go along.
2. When Ray reveals that he hasn't been completely honest with Madeline, this is an example of _________.
(c) Character Foil.
3. Which person is integral to Dannie's first plan to win The Bet?
(b) Blue Chao.
(c) Captain Roberts.
(d) Dr. Dingsby.
4. What does Ray see that makes him want to keep his new job?
(a) A woman named Madeline.
(b) A bonus opportunity.
(c) A raffle for employees.
(d) An opportunity for a new car.
5. What does Hoover do for a living?
(b) College Student.
(d) Scientist at MIT.
Short Answer Questions
1. What illness did Travis have?
2. What happens between Ray and Madeline during Chapter 13?
3. Why isn't Deisha in Ray's life anymore?
4. What does Ray remember about his father?
5. What was Ray's father's solution for Travis' illness?
Short Essay Questions
1. What effect does The Bet have on the atmosphere at Ponky?
2. Briefly describe the details of Dannie's first plan to win The Bet and why it fails.
3. Briefly describe Two Down's plan to win The Bet described in Chapter 7 and why it fails.
4. What happens with the flirting between Ray and Madeline in Chapter 13?
5. What term do the Chops use for members of The Mayflower Club and why?
6. Among the Chops, who is more of a leader at Ponky in the first two chapters, Ray or Two Down? Why?
7. Briefly describe Two Down's second plan to win The Bet, described in Chapter 13.
8. Which character is the most obsessed with looking at The Mayflower Club and why?
9. Describe the two tragic events that took Ray away from professional golf.
10. Why does Ray lose his job at The Mayflower Club?
This section contains 837 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)