|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is surprising to Ray about the Numerals attending that funeral?
(a) The Numerals had been talking poorly about that person.
(b) He thinks they should watch the rest of the match.
(c) He didn't know that person had died.
(d) He didn't know that person was a Numeral.
2. Who else had looked up information on Ray's club?
(a) Ray's father.
(c) Two Down.
(d) Uncle Joe.
3. How does Ray respond to Madeline's reaction to his plan?
(a) He ransacks her apartment.
(b) He gets drunk and tries to make up with her.
(c) He leaves her.
(d) He also falls more in love with her.
4. What does Concorde make fun of Thud for?
(a) His weight.
(b) His poor golf skills.
(c) His accent.
(d) His intelligence.
5. Why do Ray and Two Down meet with Ray's father and Concorde?
(a) Ray's father works out a payment plan for them.
(b) They work out details of a golf match.
(c) Ray and Two Down want to threaten Concorde and Ray's father.
(d) Ray and his father mediate for the other men.
6. What does Crowbar say to Two down?
(a) Encouraging words.
(b) Nothing at all.
(c) Good luck.
(d) Two Down's checks have bounced.
7. What does Madeline do with Ray's gift?
(a) Throws it at him.
(b) Burns it.
(c) Throws it in the lake.
(d) Gives it to another employee.
8. What does Ray's father want to buy from Ray that motivates him to invite Ray for drinks?
(a) Travis' old golf clubs.
(b) Ray's car.
(c) Ray's special golf club.
(d) Ray's golf club set.
9. What club rule is enforced strictly for the second half, even though so many others are ignored?
(a) No shouting.
(b) No weapons.
(c) No denim.
(d) No pets.
10. In Chapter 17, where does Ray take Two Down to convince him?
(a) Ponky to meet the others.
(b) Concorde's house.
(d) A bar to meet the others.
11. How does Ray help Two Down enter the match in Chapter 19?
(a) He puts up the $8,000 needed.
(b) He threatens his father.
(c) He convinces Concorde to agree to the terms.
(d) He convinces his father to agreet to the terms.
12. Which Chop is absent from Ponky's after becoming the first black member of The Mayflower Club?
13. What is Ray's father's motivation for the suggestion he makes?
(a) His father wants him to focus on The Bet.
(b) His father is worried about decorum.
(c) His father is proud of him.
(d) His father does not want to be beaten by his son.
14. How does Thud re-establish order in Chapter 23?
(a) Literally throws people off the course.
(b) Removes Two Down from the course.
(c) Makes verbal threats.
(d) Brandishes a pistol.
15. When Ray looks up information on his club, what does he find out?
(a) It's hardly worth anything.
(b) It's a fake.
(c) It's worth double what his father offered.
(d) It's worth enough to get Two Down out of trouble.
Short Answer Questions
1. What activity is Concorde involved in that will make the plan in Chapter 18 work?
2. What shocks Ray when the second half of the match starts?
3. What is the plan in Chapter 18 that someone comes up with to get Two Down out of his predicament?
4. How does Ray raise the stakes of the bet in Chapter 19?
5. What does Two Down confess to Ray one time during a match?
This section contains 606 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)