|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Hoover change after the match?
(a) He is more confident.
(b) He is more nervous than ever.
(c) He gives up on golf.
(d) He gets into frequent fights.
2. Who ultimately comes up with a plan to help Two Down get out of his predicament?
(d) Two Down.
3. What activity is Concorde involved in that will make the plan in Chapter 18 work?
(b) An affair.
(c) Mofia work.
(d) Cheating at golf.
4. What mood is Crowbar in when he approaches Two Down in Chapter 21?
5. After watching Madeline walk away, what does Ray decide to do?
(a) Follow Madeline.
(b) Quit the game.
(c) Intentionally commit a violation, forcing a tie.
(d) Cheat to win.
6. Whose absence is conspicuous to Ray?
7. What do the Numerals and the Chops do once they are all together?
(b) Ignore each other.
(c) Become friends.
(d) Bet against each other.
8. In Chapter 17, where does Ray take Two Down to convince him?
(a) Concorde's house.
(c) Ponky to meet the others.
(d) A bar to meet the others.
9. What does Ray's father convince him to do while they are playing a match?
(a) Play his best.
(b) Intentionally not win the match.
(c) Lend his special club to his father.
(d) Quit the match.
10. How does Ray help Two Down enter the match in Chapter 19?
(a) He puts up the $8,000 needed.
(b) He convinces his father to agreet to the terms.
(c) He convinces Concorde to agree to the terms.
(d) He threatens his father.
11. What shocks Ray when the second half of the match starts?
(a) His father wants to keep the same caddy.
(b) No one continues watching.
(c) Two Down quits.
(d) Concorde quits.
12. What is the atmosphere at Ponky after The Bet?
(c) Depressing and unfriendly.
13. What determines who will win The Bet?
(a) Another bet.
(b) The order of matches.
(c) A fight.
(d) A game of cards.
14. Once things settle down with Two Down, who is Ray left alone to talk to?
(c) His father.
(d) Chunkin' Charlie.
15. What does Ray have to do to get ready for the second half?
(a) Brainstorm ways to cheat.
(b) Buy a new pair of pants.
(c) Have a talk with his father.
(d) Call Madeline.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Hoover distract Concorde?
2. What does Ray's father want to buy from Ray that motivates him to invite Ray for drinks?
3. What is the solution to Two Down dropping out?
4. How does Ray try to convince Two Down in Chapter 17 that the plan won't work?
5. What makes Two Down's plan backfire?
This section contains 516 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)