|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do the Numerals and the Chops gather to watch the match?
(a) Boston Municipal Golf Course.
(b) The Mayflower Club.
(d) A bar that is televising the match.
2. How does Thud re-establish order in Chapter 23?
(a) Makes verbal threats.
(b) Brandishes a pistol.
(c) Removes Two Down from the course.
(d) Literally throws people off the course.
3. Whose funeral are the Numerals talking about attending?
(a) Bingsley Colchester's.
(c) Dr. Dingsby's.
(d) Chunkin' Charlie's.
4. Where will the golf match planned in Chapter 19 take place?
(b) Ponky and The Mayflower Club.
(c) Boston Municipal Golf Course.
(d) The Mayflower Club.
5. How do the Chops feel when they see each other at The Mayflower Club?
6. What determines who will win The Bet?
(a) The order of matches.
(b) A fight.
(c) A game of cards.
(d) Another bet.
7. What does Ray learn about Madeline from her note?
(a) She is going to start playing professional golf.
(b) Chunkin' Charlie was her father.
(c) She never loved him.
(d) She's pregnant.
8. What does Ray insist about the trophies?
(a) No trophies should be handed out.
(b) Hoover shouldn't receive one.
(c) Two Down shouldn't receive one.
(d) One should read "Alberto de Salvo."
9. Two Down was threatened with getting fired, a recall on his home loan, and ________________.
(a) Losing his marriage.
(c) Losing his club membership.
(d) A forgery conviction.
10. How does Ray convince Two Down that everything will be alright?
(a) He reminds Two Down of times in the past when they got out of trouble.
(b) He personally pays Concorde.
(c) He offers to hire Two Down so Two Down earns enough money to pay the debt.
(d) He offers his club to sell to pay the debt.
11. What makes Two Down's plan backfire?
(a) The name Bingsley Colchester is called, and the real Bingsley Colchester responds.
(b) Two Down confesses his actions.
(c) Concorde discovers that Two Down is having an affair.
(d) Two Down gets caught visiting Concorde.
12. Before she leaves, what does Madeline give to Ray?
(a) A note and the locket.
(b) A note and the ring.
(c) A note and his hat.
(d) A note and the picture of them.
13. What does Two Down do to help win the match in Chapter 23?
(a) Reverses the magnetic effect of Concorde's system of cheating.
(b) Uses his phone company connections to distract Concorde.
(c) Uses the "shadow trick."
(d) Shouts loudly.
14. What does Ray's father want to buy from Ray that motivates him to invite Ray for drinks?
(a) Ray's special golf club.
(b) Ray's golf club set.
(c) Ray's car.
(d) Travis' old golf clubs.
15. What does Dannie do with her free time after The Bet is over?
(a) Hangs out at Ponky.
(b) Goes to a second job.
(c) Plays at The Mayflower Club.
(d) Spends it with Browning.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Dannie respond when Ray confronts her about her relationship with Browning?
2. What is the atmosphere at Ponky after The Bet?
3. What is the idea in Chapter 19, which Two Down shares with Ray, to get himself out of trouble?
4. How much does Ray's father offer to pay Ray for the item he wants to purchase from him?
5. What shocks Ray when the second half of the match starts?
This section contains 562 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)