|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is surprising to Ray about the Numerals attending that funeral?
(a) He thinks they should watch the rest of the match.
(b) He didn't know that person had died.
(c) The Numerals had been talking poorly about that person.
(d) He didn't know that person was a Numeral.
2. Why does Ray go along with Two Down?
(a) Ray doesn't want his club anymore.
(b) Two Down's opponents are Concorde and Ray's father.
(c) Ray has come to hate Concorde.
(d) Ray never liked Two Down's wife.
3. What club rule is enforced strictly for the second half, even though so many others are ignored?
(a) No weapons.
(b) No pets.
(c) No denim.
(d) No shouting.
4. What is so significant about Chunkin' Charlie in Ray's life?
(a) He financed Ray's attempt at professional golf.
(b) He reminds Ray of Uncle Joe.
(c) Ray has never been able to beat him at golf.
(d) He helped Ray get a job in writing.
5. Why do Concorde and Ray's father lose the first round?
(a) Two Down sinks a hole-in-one.
(b) Concorde plays horribly.
(c) Ray points out how Concorde cheats.
(d) Ray's father plays horribly.
6. Who does Concorde bring with him to Two Down's house in Chapter 19?
(a) The Slavic man.
(b) The police.
(d) Ray's father.
7. Before she leaves, what does Madeline give to Ray?
(a) A note and the locket.
(b) A note and the ring.
(c) A note and the picture of them.
(d) A note and his hat.
8. What is one of Ray's stipulations for Two Down?
(a) Two Down can never show his face at Ponky again.
(b) Two Down must go to work for Ray.
(c) Two Down must stop betting.
(d) Two Down will repay Ray at $100 per month.
9. What is the solution to Two Down dropping out?
(a) Ray plays alone against Concorde and his father.
(b) Ray forfeits.
(c) Concorde selects a substitute.
(d) Two Down selects a substitute.
10. What does Ray learn about Madeline from her note?
(a) She's pregnant.
(b) She is going to start playing professional golf.
(c) She never loved him.
(d) Chunkin' Charlie was her father.
11. What makes Two Down's plan backfire?
(a) Two Down confesses his actions.
(b) Concorde discovers that Two Down is having an affair.
(c) Two Down gets caught visiting Concorde.
(d) The name Bingsley Colchester is called, and the real Bingsley Colchester responds.
12. What is the atmosphere at Ponky's in the Epilogue?
(a) Festive and friendly.
13. What determines who will win The Bet?
(a) A game of cards.
(b) A fight.
(c) The order of matches.
(d) Another bet.
14. What does Thud do in response to Concorde making fun of him?
(a) Hits Concorde.
(b) Walks away.
(c) Runs over Concorde's club.
(d) Urinates on Concorde's ball.
15. Why are the Chops angry with Crowbar?
(a) He cursed at Two Down.
(b) He has been helping Two Down cheat to win bets against them.
(c) He doesn't seem to care about the match.
(d) He arrived late.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the atmosphere at Ponky after The Bet?
2. How are the details of Ray's plan confirmed while he is at home?
3. What is the plan in Chapter 18 that someone comes up with to get Two Down out of his predicament?
4. Why does Chunkin' Charlie stop going to Ponky much anymore?
5. Who ultimately comes up with a plan to help Two Down get out of his predicament?
This section contains 576 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)