|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Two Down win at a golf tournament?
(a) A Lexus.
(c) A new set of clubs.
(d) A chance to play at The Mayflower Club.
2. How are Two Down's leadership skills evident in this suggestion to the other Chops?
(a) He gets mad and storms off.
(b) He talks them out of going on with The Bet.
(c) He forces them to drop out.
(d) He takes charge and convinces them to go along.
3. What is the tone of Chapters 8 and 9?
4. How does Ray's father act when Ray visits his office?
(b) As if nothing has changed.
5. Why does Two Down's first plan fail?
(a) Ray discloses Two Down's secret.
(b) Two Down gives up.
(c) His car breaks down.
(d) His partner dies.
6. What does Hoover do for a living?
(b) Scientist at MIT.
(c) College Student.
7. How does Ray describe the decor of the caddy facility at The Mayflower Club?
(d) Early Slave.
8. How did Uncle Joe die?
(a) Heart attack.
(d) Car accident.
9. Who is the narrator of the story?
(b) Ray's father.
(c) Chunkin' Charlie.
(d) Two Down.
10. Ultimately, when is Two Down able to schedule a match?
11. What does Ray notice about Concorde?
(a) He is generous.
(b) He is obssessed with women.
(c) He cheats.
(d) He has no friends.
12. Hoover's real name, Alberto de Salvo, is shared with ________________.
(a) A famous scientist.
(b) A movie star.
(c) A former Mexican president.
(d) A serial killer.
13. Who is Ray's secret girlfriend?
(a) Blue Chao.
(b) Two Down.
14. How does Hoover react to losing the bet with Two Down?
(a) Hits Two Down.
(b) Walks away.
(c) Throws his club into the lake.
(d) Hits the hedge and puts a hole in it.
15. What does Ray have to do to come up with the money to buy into The Bet?
(a) Sell his car.
(b) Beg his father for an early Christmas gift.
(c) Threaten Dannie for the money Ray is owed.
(d) Get a loan from Froghair.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Dannie's plan fail?
2. What is the reaction when Dannie's plan fails?
3. As Two Down's match approaches, what does he suggest to the other Bet participants?
4. What became an obsession for the Chops after Hoover's tirade?
5. When Ray remembers back to his start in golfing, he describes giving up admission to Harvard to pursue golf at which university?
This section contains 497 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)