|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Two Down win at a golf tournament?
(a) A new set of clubs.
(b) A Lexus.
(d) A chance to play at The Mayflower Club.
2. Why isn't Deisha in Ray's life anymore?
(a) She died.
(b) He stopped talking to her.
(c) They had a fight.
(d) She divorced him.
3. What realization prompts Ray's first attempt at winning The Bet?
(a) There are no security guards at The Mayflower Club.
(b) The time of day was not stipulated.
(c) Ray can sneak into the club in his father's car.
(d) Ray can ask his father for access.
4. What is a "Numeral"?
(a) A player at Ponky.
(b) A golfer's score.
(c) A number.
(d) A member of The Mayflower Club.
5. Whom does Two Down plan to impersonate for his first plan to win The Bet, described in Chapter 7?
(a) A non-member who had never met the member with whom he was scheduled to play golf.
(b) The member's long-lost childhood friend.
(c) A friend of another member.
(d) A government official.
6. What does Ray notice about Concorde?
(a) He has no friends.
(b) He is generous.
(c) He cheats.
(d) He is obssessed with women.
7. The Chops are a group of _______________.
(a) Expert golfers.
(b) Stray dogs.
(c) Bad golfers.
8. As Two Down's match approaches, what does he suggest to the other Bet participants?
(a) Change the terms of The Bet.
(b) Back out.
(c) Double the stakes.
(d) Combine resources with Ray against Dannie.
9. Ray also remembers his Uncle Joe, who had been Ray's most ardent supporter, and a special golf club that Uncle Joe had given him. The club had once been used by ____________.
(a) Jack Nicklaus.
(b) Bobby Jones.
(c) Arnold Palmer.
(d) Ben Hogan.
10. Which friendship/relationship goes bad first because of The Bet?
(a) Two Down and Dannie.
(b) Ray and Two Down.
(c) Dannie and Hoover.
(d) Ray and Dannie.
11. When are caddies at The Mayflower Club allowed to enter the clubhouse?
(b) Only to use the restroom.
(c) To assist a member.
(d) Anytime they want.
12. Who is Ray's secret girlfriend?
(b) Two Down.
(c) Blue Chao.
13. What became an obsession for the Chops after Hoover's tirade?
(a) Fixing the damage cause by Hoover.
(b) Looking at The Mayflower Club.
(c) Getting Hoover to agree to more bets.
(d) Getting Hoover into anger management therapy.
14. What is the outcome of Ray's third attempt?
(a) His father invites him to play.
(b) He is thrown out of The Mayflower Club.
(c) He gets arrested.
(d) Ray ditches Madeline.
15. What is Ray's first impression of The Mayflower Club?
(a) He is taken aback by the grandeur.
(b) He is unimpressed.
(c) He is jealous of the members.
(d) He is motivated to become a member.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ponky is described as "possibly the ___________ golf course in America."
2. Which character stops looking at The Mayflower Club?
3. What secret does Ray keep from Madeline?
4. Why does Dannie's plan fail?
5. Who is Ray first assigned to at his new job?
This section contains 517 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)