|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Uncle Joe die?
(c) Car accident.
(d) Heart attack.
2. What realization prompts Ray's first attempt at winning The Bet?
(a) Ray can sneak into the club in his father's car.
(b) There are no security guards at The Mayflower Club.
(c) The time of day was not stipulated.
(d) Ray can ask his father for access.
3. Whom does Ray enlist to help him with his plan to win The Bet?
(a) Hoover and Crowbar.
(b) Captain Roberts and Hoover.
(c) Froghair and Ray's father.
(d) Dannie and Thud.
4. Ray refers to his father as a "part-time ________________."
(b) Golf commentator.
(c) Child murderer.
5. How are Two Down's leadership skills evident in this suggestion to the other Chops?
(a) He gets mad and storms off.
(b) He takes charge and convinces them to go along.
(c) He forces them to drop out.
(d) He talks them out of going on with The Bet.
6. What is the reaction when Dannie's plan fails?
(a) The man with her takes pity on her and invites her to play with him.
(b) The man with her calls the police.
(c) The man with her falls in love with her.
(d) The man with her kicks her out.
7. Why isn't Deisha in Ray's life anymore?
(a) She died.
(b) He stopped talking to her.
(c) They had a fight.
(d) She divorced him.
8. Why does Dannie's plan fail?
(a) Dannie gets scared and calls it off.
(b) Cementhead reveals they didn't really know the Mayflower Club member.
(c) Cementhead drops out.
(d) The Mayflower Club member recognizes Thud as a thief.
9. Who is the owner of Ponky?
(b) Snake Eyes.
(d) Blue Chao.
10. How much is the membership fee at The Mayflower Club?
11. Who is Ray first assigned to at his new job?
(a) His friend.
(b) Dr. Dingsby.
(c) The Admiral.
12. What was The Mayflower Club like?
(a) Private and exclusive.
(d) Public, open for all.
13. After leaving the professional golf tour following Travis' death, what did Ray do to attempt a return to the tour?
(a) Won a golf tournament.
(b) Asked his father for money.
(c) Sold his house.
(d) Begged for another chance.
14. Who spends the most time looking at The Mayflower Club?
(c) Two Down.
15. Who came up with the idea for The Bet?
(a) Two Down.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ray tells Fletcher that his name is _____________.
2. Why does Ray's plan fail?
3. Ray states that The Bet ruined his friendships, caused two women to leave him, and ____________.
4. What does Two Down decide to do in order to secure a match at The Mayflower Club?
5. Which person is integral to Dannie's first plan to win The Bet?
This section contains 509 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)