|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Two Down plan to impersonate for his first plan to win The Bet, described in Chapter 7?
(a) The member's long-lost childhood friend.
(b) A government official.
(c) A friend of another member.
(d) A non-member who had never met the member with whom he was scheduled to play golf.
2. What is the nickname for Ponky's clubhouse?
(b) The House of Doom.
(c) The Pit of Despair.
(d) Chops Central.
3. What is Dannie's background?
(a) Child of traveling missionaries.
(b) Rich, Boston suburb.
(c) Poor, Southern.
(d) Rich, Italian.
4. What else did Uncle Joe do to help and support Ray's pursuit of golf?
(a) Bought Ray a new set of clubs.
(b) Paid for Ray's attempt at professional golf.
(c) Paid for Ray's college tuition.
(d) Attended every one of Ray's matches.
5. In a game between Hoover and Two Down in Chapter 2, what distracts Hoover and causes him to lose his bet?
(a) Obsessing over his shadow.
(b) Excessive yelling and cheering by Two Down.
(d) Thinking of the serial killer who shares his name.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Ray see from a distance one day at The Mayflower Club?
2. What was the reason for the incident Ray mentions between his father and mother?
3. Whom does Ray enlist to help him with his plan to win The Bet?
4. Which friendship/relationship goes bad first because of The Bet?
5. What does Ray remember about his father?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)