|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were the terms of The Bet established in Chapter 2?
(a) The first Chop to date someone from The Mayflower Club wins.
(b) The first Chop to win a game at Ponky wins.
(c) The first Chop to be admitted to The Mayflower Club wins.
(d) The first Chop to play a full game of golf at The Mayflower Club wins.
2. Why does Two Down's first plan fail?
(a) His car breaks down.
(b) Two Down gives up.
(c) Ray discloses Two Down's secret.
(d) His partner dies.
3. Hoover's real name, Alberto de Salvo, is shared with ________________.
(a) A famous scientist.
(b) A former Mexican president.
(c) A movie star.
(d) A serial killer.
4. When Ray remembers back to his start in golfing, he describes giving up admission to Harvard to pursue golf at which university?
(a) Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
(b) Boston College.
(c) University of Massachusetts.
(d) Boston Baptist College.
5. What else did Uncle Joe do to help and support Ray's pursuit of golf?
(a) Attended every one of Ray's matches.
(b) Paid for Ray's attempt at professional golf.
(c) Bought Ray a new set of clubs.
(d) Paid for Ray's college tuition.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which phrase best describes Two Down's attitude about bets?
2. Why does Dannie's plan fail?
3. What is the tone of Chapters 8 and 9?
4. Who is Ray's secret girlfriend?
5. What does Ray have to do to come up with the money to buy into The Bet?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)