|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 21-23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ray jokingly suggest as a solution for Two Down's trouble?
(a) Kidnapping Concorde.
(b) Putting a horse's head in Concorde's bed.
(c) Catching Concorde at cheaing.
(d) Killing Concorde.
2. What does Two Down do to help win the match in Chapter 23?
(a) Uses his phone company connections to distract Concorde.
(b) Uses the "shadow trick."
(c) Shouts loudly.
(d) Reverses the magnetic effect of Concorde's system of cheating.
3. What do Ray and Madeline notice they have in common?
(a) A similar sense of humor.
(b) A mutual friend.
(c) The same last name.
(d) Their hometown.
4. What does Hoover do for a living?
(b) College Student.
(d) Scientist at MIT.
5. What is Ray's first impression of The Mayflower Club?
(a) He is motivated to become a member.
(b) He is unimpressed.
(c) He is taken aback by the grandeur.
(d) He is jealous of the members.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ray raise the stakes of the bet in Chapter 19?
2. When Ray looks up information on his club, what does he find out?
3. How much is the membership fee at The Mayflower Club?
4. What does Ray decide to do with the club?
5. What secret does Ray keep from Madeline?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)