|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the narrator of the story?
(a) Ray's father.
(b) Two Down.
(c) Chunkin' Charlie.
2. In a game between Hoover and Two Down in Chapter 2, what distracts Hoover and causes him to lose his bet?
(b) Thinking of the serial killer who shares his name.
(c) Obsessing over his shadow.
(d) Excessive yelling and cheering by Two Down.
3. What is the reason Fletcher doesn't want to hire Ray?
(a) Ray's father gave him a poor reference.
(b) Fletcher and Ray do not get along well.
(c) Ray is white.
(d) Ray has a criminal background.
4. The Chops are a group of _______________.
(a) Bad golfers.
(b) Stray dogs.
(d) Expert golfers.
5. What is the tone of Chapters 8 and 9?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ray say his father believed was necessary for success?
2. Ponky is described as "possibly the ___________ golf course in America."
3. Whom does Ray see from a distance one day at The Mayflower Club?
4. When Ray remembers back to his start in golfing, he describes giving up admission to Harvard to pursue golf at which university?
5. What else did Uncle Joe do to help and support Ray's pursuit of golf?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)