|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom does Elain try to explain her motives?
2. Who tells Delmount that Popeye loves him?
3. How does Carnelle feel when s he returns to the dressing room?
4. What does Carnelle trip on when she is onstage?
5. When Elain and Popeye come out of the pageant tent, how do they appear?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the attraction between Elain and Mac Sam. What attracts them to each other? What effect does the attraction have on each character?
Essay Topic 2
What are the effects of each character's childhood, based on what you know about them? How does their childhood still affect their adult life?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the play's climax. What is the significance of the climax?
This section contains 144 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)