|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Carnelle feel after her skill routine?
2. What is Tessy's occupation?
3. What scene is the climax of the play?
4. Who does Tessy think that she loves?
5. Who leaves the tent to tell the remaining character that Carnelle received last place?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What role does comic relief play in the story? What is the purpose of it?
Essay Topic 2
In what way does each of the main characters seek redemption? How do they achieve redemption, if they do?
Essay Topic 3
What causes Elain to decide to go back to her husband, Franklin?
This section contains 122 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)