|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mac Sam do for a living?
2. Who tells Delmount that Popeye loves him?
3. Which sentence best describes Carnelle?
4. Which character retrieves ice in Act 2, Scene 2?
5. What does Elain bring to the pageant for Carnelle to use?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In what way does each of the main characters seek redemption? How do they achieve redemption, if they do?
Essay Topic 2
What kind of reputation does each character have in the play? How do they seek to change this? Are they successful?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the attraction between Elain and Mac Sam. What attracts them to each other? What effect does the attraction have on each character?
This section contains 167 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)