|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mac Sam do for a living?
2. What is inside the shoebox that Carnelle receives?
3. Who is Mac Sam looking for in Act 2, Scene 1?
4. Which character arrives to the pageant in a good mood?
5. What does Carnelle do in the parade after the pageant?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Beth Henley use Southern dialect and culture in the play? What effect does it have on the reader/audience?
Essay Topic 2
What causes Elain to decide to go back to her husband, Franklin?
Essay Topic 3
What is Carnelle's overall goal in joining the beauty pageant? What does she hope to gain from it?
This section contains 164 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)