|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Tessy looking for in Act 2, Scene 1?
2. Who does Tessy think that she loves?
3. What does Carnelle do in the parade after the pageant?
4. How does the audience react to Carnelle falling onstage?
5. What does Tessy want Delmount to do with her in Act 2 Scene 2?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the attraction between Elain and Mac Sam. What attracts them to each other? What effect does the attraction have on each character?
Essay Topic 2
Which characters are content with their lives? In what ways is happiness a theme in the story?
Essay Topic 3
How is Popeye an example of an ironic character? What is the purpose of this irony?
This section contains 514 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)