|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Delmount respond to Tessy's invitation?
2. Why does Delmount need money?
3. Which character gave Mac Sam syphilis?
4. What does Mac Sam do for a living?
5. What word describes Delmount when he comes back from the pageant tent?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What role does comic relief play in the story? What is the purpose of it?
Essay Topic 2
Which characters are seeking their self-identity? How do they seek to find it?
Essay Topic 3
What are the effects of each character's childhood, based on what you know about them? How does their childhood still affect their adult life?
This section contains 490 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)