|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Tessy's occupation?
2. Who is the shoebox from that Carnelle receives?
3. What does Elain want in Act 2, Scene 1?
4. Where did Popeye lose a job?
5. Who is Mac Sam looking for in Act 2, Scene 1?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the attraction between Elain and Mac Sam. What attracts them to each other? What effect does the attraction have on each character?
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the characters in the play and analyze him or her. Consider actions, motivations, and the way the character relates with the other characters.
Essay Topic 3
Of what is the beauty pageant a symbol? What characters does it represent and why?
This section contains 141 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)