|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What skill does Carnelle exhibit at the pageant?
2. Which characters talk behind the pageant tent when Carnelle is in the pageant?
3. Which character is more defensive over Carnelle?
4. How does Delmount respond to Tessy's invitation?
5. What word describes Delmount when he comes back from the pageant tent?
Essay Topic 1
What causes Carnelle to suffer embarrassment? What effect does it have on her?
Essay Topic 2
How does Carnelle experience a reversal of fortune? How does it change her outlook, or does it?
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of the characters in the play and analyze him or her. Consider actions, motivations, and the way the character relates with the other characters.
This section contains 491 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)