|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mac Sam want in Act 2, Scene 1?
2. What does Carnelle trip on when she is onstage?
3. Where does Act 2 take place?
4. Which character is considered an ugly misfit in the eyes of others?
5. Which sentence best describes Carnelle?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are the effects of each character's childhood, based on what you know about them? How does their childhood still affect their adult life?
Essay Topic 2
How is Popeye an example of an ironic character? What is the purpose of this irony?
Essay Topic 3
Analyze the statement Mac Sam makes about women needing to feel beautiful. How does this relate to the rest of the play? How is this a theme?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)