|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Carnelle talk to in the beginning of Act 2, Scene 1?
2. How does Carnelle feel before going back on stage to exhibit her skill?
3. According to Carnelle's perspective, which character has the perfect life?
4. What does Carnelle do in the parade after the pageant?
5. Who is Mac Sam looking for in Act 2, Scene 1?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Beth Henley use Southern dialect and culture in the play? What effect does it have on the reader/audience?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the play's climax. What is the significance of the climax?
Essay Topic 3
In what way does each of the main characters seek redemption? How do they achieve redemption, if they do?
This section contains 156 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)