|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Elain bring to the pageant for Carnelle to use?
2. Why does Delmount need money?
3. According to Carnelle's perspective, which character has the perfect life?
4. What did Popeye give to a young girl that caused her to lose a job?
5. Who does Elain call on the phone in Act 2, Scene 2?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What causes Carnelle to suffer embarrassment? What effect does it have on her?
Essay Topic 2
What kind of reputation does each character have in the play? How do they seek to change this? Are they successful?
Essay Topic 3
Of what is the beauty pageant a symbol? What characters does it represent and why?
This section contains 157 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)