|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Tessy looking for in Act 2, Scene 1?
2. What does Carnelle change into for her final lineup?
3. On what day does Act 2 occur?
4. What sentence best describes Elain?
5. Which character retrieves ice in Act 2, Scene 2?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the attraction between Elain and Mac Sam. What attracts them to each other? What effect does the attraction have on each character?
Essay Topic 2
Which characters are seeking their self-identity? How do they seek to find it?
Essay Topic 3
How is Popeye an example of an ironic character? What is the purpose of this irony?
This section contains 143 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)