|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character begins beating up the people insulting Carnelle?
2. What scene is the climax of the play?
3. Who does Tessy think that she loves?
4. Who does Elain call on the phone in Act 2, Scene 2?
5. Who does Carnelle talk to in the beginning of Act 2, Scene 1?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Carnelle experience a reversal of fortune? How does it change her outlook, or does it?
Essay Topic 2
Which characters are seeking their self-identity? How do they seek to find it?
Essay Topic 3
What role does comic relief play in the story? What is the purpose of it?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)