|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mac Sam want in Act 2, Scene 1?
2. Who was asked to speak at the beauty pageant about beauty?
3. What word describes Delmount when he comes back from the pageant tent?
4. What did Popeye give to a young girl that caused her to lose a job?
5. Which characters talk behind the pageant tent when Carnelle is in the pageant?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What kind of reputation does each character have in the play? How do they seek to change this? Are they successful?
Essay Topic 2
How is Popeye an example of an ironic character? What is the purpose of this irony?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the play's climax. What is the significance of the climax?
This section contains 512 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)