|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Elain decide to do in Act 2, Scene 2?
2. Who tells Delmount that women need to feel beautiful?
3. Which character arrives to the pageant in a good mood?
4. What scene is the climax of the play?
5. Which character is more defensive over Carnelle?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe each character's quest for love in the play.
Essay Topic 2
What is Carnelle's overall goal in joining the beauty pageant? What does she hope to gain from it?
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of the characters in the play and analyze him or her. Consider actions, motivations, and the way the character relates with the other characters.
This section contains 492 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)