|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom does Elain try to explain her motives?
2. Who tells Delmount that women need to feel beautiful?
3. Which character gave Mac Sam syphilis?
4. When Popeye got fired from a job recently, what did the young girl who caused the problem claim to want to see?
5. What does Tessy want Delmount to do with her in Act 2 Scene 2?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the play's climax. What is the significance of the climax?
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the characters in the play and analyze him or her. Consider actions, motivations, and the way the character relates with the other characters.
Essay Topic 3
Of what is the beauty pageant a symbol? What characters does it represent and why?
This section contains 165 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)