|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Carnelle want in Act 2, Scene 1?
2. Who is Mac Sam looking for in Act 2, Scene 1?
3. What skill does Carnelle exhibit at the pageant?
4. What does Popeye want in Act 2, Scene 1?
5. Who tells Delmount that Popeye loves him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is Carnelle's overall goal in joining the beauty pageant? What does she hope to gain from it?
Essay Topic 2
Of what is the beauty pageant a symbol? What characters does it represent and why?
Essay Topic 3
How does Beth Henley use Southern dialect and culture in the play? What effect does it have on the reader/audience?
This section contains 148 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)