|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Popeye give to a young girl that caused her to lose a job?
2. What color dress does Carnelle wear in the pageant?
3. What does Carnelle want in Act 2, Scene 1?
4. How does the audience react to Carnelle falling onstage?
5. What does Elain want in Act 2, Scene 1?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Beth Henley use Southern dialect and culture in the play? What effect does it have on the reader/audience?
Essay Topic 2
Describe each character's quest for love in the play.
Essay Topic 3
Which characters are seeking their self-identity? How do they seek to find it?
This section contains 162 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)