|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Delmount want in Act 2, Scene 1?
2. Who is Mac Sam looking for in Act 2, Scene 1?
3. What does Carnelle change into for her final lineup?
4. Who sends roses to Elain in Act 2, Scene 2?
5. Who was asked to speak at the beauty pageant about beauty?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How is Popeye an example of an ironic character? What is the purpose of this irony?
Essay Topic 2
How does Beth Henley use Southern dialect and culture in the play? What effect does it have on the reader/audience?
Essay Topic 3
What causes Elain to decide to go back to her husband, Franklin?
This section contains 138 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)