|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character retires to bed with a headache?
2. What is Popeye's last name?
3. What time is Carnelle supposed to be notified that she is eligible to be in the pageant?
4. What color is the dress that Carnelle asks Elain to borrow?
5. What is Carnelle's last name?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Carnelle turn down Mac Sam's invitation?
2. Which characters are on a quest for love?
3. What routine does Carnelle plan to perform in the beauty contest? Be descriptive.
4. What does the pageant symbolize?
5. Describe the character of Delmount.
6. What are Elain's fears?
7. Why is Delmount in a good mood when he arrives at the pageant?
8. How does Carnelle's family attempt to save her from embarrassment?
9. Why does Elain bring Carnelle a Mardi Gras mask?
10. How is unhappiness a theme in the play?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze the statement Mac Sam makes about women needing to feel beautiful. How does this relate to the rest of the play? How is this a theme?
Essay Topic 2
How does Carnelle experience a reversal of fortune? How does it change her outlook, or does it?
Essay Topic 3
Who are the secondary characters in the play? What role do the secondary characters play in the story?
This section contains 591 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)