|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character does Delmount believe doesn't follow through with actions?
2. How old was Carnelle when her father left her?
3. Which of the following does Carnelle hope for in the play's second act?
4. What has destroyed Carnelle's spirit?
5. Which character is considered wealthy?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe how Carnelle is coming to terms with life's unpredictability.
2. Why does Elain decide to go back to her husband?
3. Why has Elain been asked to speak at the beauty pageant?
4. How have Delmount and Elain distanced themselves from their mother?
5. Describe the situation with Elain and her family.
6. What are Mac Sam's motivations in the story?
7. Why does Carnelle think that Elain has had the perfect life?
8. Who is Mac Sam and why is he significant to the story?
9. Why doesn't Delmount respond to Popeye's romantic advances?
10. How does Carnelle look for love in the wrong ways?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Which characters are seeking their self-identity? How do they seek to find it?
Essay Topic 2
What causes Carnelle to suffer embarrassment? What effect does it have on her?
Essay Topic 3
Which characters are content with their lives? In what ways is happiness a theme in the story?
This section contains 597 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)