Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of which of the following is Carnelle a victim?
2. Which character becomes distraught with unrequited feelings?
3. What is Popeye's occupation?
4. How old is Carnelle?
5. In the first act, what drink does Carnelle serve to Popeye?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Carnelle think that Elain has had the perfect life?
2. Describe Carnelle's experience walking in the parade.
3. What has happened to Popeye's eyes?
4. What does the pageant symbolize?
5. How does Carnelle's fortune reverse in the play's second scene?
6. What has happened to Carnelle's mother and father?
7. What is in the shoebox that Tessy brings to Carnelle and what does it represent?
8. Who is Mac Sam and why is he significant to the story?
9. How does Carnelle's family attempt to save her from embarrassment?
10. What elements of the story foreshadow that things will go wrong for Carnelle in the pageant?
Describe each character's quest for love in the play.
How is Popeye an example of an ironic character? What is the purpose of this irony?
What is Carnelle's overall goal in joining the beauty pageant? What does she hope to gain from it?
This section contains 572 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)