|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Delmount like the most in a romantic partner?
(b) Sense of humor.
2. What does Popeye see that causes her to fall in love with Delmount?
(a) A drawing he did as a kid.
(b) A letter he wrote to Carnelle.
(c) A photo of him.
(d) A photo of his son.
3. Who tells Elain that Popeye loves Delmount?
(a) Mac Sam.
4. What caused Carnelle's aunt to die?
(d) A gunshot.
5. Why doesn't Delmount respond to Popeye's advances?
(a) He just doesn't like her.
(b) He knows he is violent.
(c) He loves somebody else.
(d) He's emotionally wounded.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character is on a conscious quest for romantic love?
2. What is Carnelle's last name?
3. What is the name of Carnelle's uncle?
4. What is the name of the town that Carnelle lives in?
5. What time is Carnelle supposed to be notified that she is eligible to be in the pageant?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do you think Mac Sam means when he says that women need to feel beautiful?
2. Describe the climax of the play.
3. How is comic relief used in the play?
4. Describe the character of Delmount.
5. What does Elain warn Popeye about in Act 1, Scene 2?
6. How does Carnelle fail in the beauty pageant?
7. How does Carnelle show that she will not let others dictate her life?
8. What elements of the story foreshadow that things will go wrong for Carnelle in the pageant?
9. How is self-identity a theme in the play?
10. Why doesn't Delmount respond to Popeye's romantic advances?
This section contains 655 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)