|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which word best describes Popeye's eye injury story?
2. What is Popeye's last name?
3. What does Popeye see that causes her to fall in love with Delmount?
(a) A photo of his son.
(b) A photo of him.
(c) A letter he wrote to Carnelle.
(d) A drawing he did as a kid.
4. What is Carnelle's last name?
5. With whom is Delmount angry for not getting him out of trouble?
(c) His mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character does Delmount believe doesn't follow through with actions?
2. Who consoles Popeye and Carnelle?
3. What color is the dress that Carnelle asks Elain to borrow?
4. What is the name of Carnelle's uncle?
5. What does Elain warn Popeye about?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Elain attract Mac Sam's attention to Popeye instead of herself?
2. What has stopped Carnelle from being a contestant in the pageant before?
3. Why does Carnelle lose the pageant?
4. What does Delmount think about his sister, Elain?
5. Describe the situation with Elain and her family.
6. What is Carnelle's goal in the play? Why does she have this goal?
7. How does the play's southern culture play a role in the pageant events? How does the culture contrast with the way the community acts?
8. What causes Popeye to become distraught in the play's second scene?
9. How does Carnelle show that she will not let others dictate her life?
10. Why does Elain bring Carnelle a Mardi Gras mask?
This section contains 606 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)