|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom does Delmount agree to split the income of his mother's house?
(d) Mac Sam.
2. What does Delmount like the most in a romantic partner?
(d) Sense of humor.
3. Which character brings Carnelle her costume for the pageant?
4. Who is Delmount's redemption foreshadowed to be?
5. What is the name of Elain's husband?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what state does the play take place?
2. Who tells Elain that Popeye loves Delmount?
3. What did Delmount once injure a man with?
4. Which of the following happens to Carnelle in the play's second act?
5. What does Popeye see that causes her to fall in love with Delmount?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Carnelle's nickname and how did she get it?
2. Why does Delmount decide to watch fireworks with Popeye?
3. Why is Delmount in a good mood when he arrives at the pageant?
4. What routine does Carnelle plan to perform in the beauty contest? Be descriptive.
5. How is hope a theme in the play?
6. How is unhappiness a theme in the play?
7. How does Carnelle's fortune reverse in the play's second scene?
8. Why does Carnelle lose the pageant?
9. Why doesn't Delmount respond to Popeye's romantic advances?
10. What doesn't Delmount understand about Carnelle's obsession with the beauty pageant?
This section contains 583 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)