|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the first act, what drink does Carnelle serve to Popeye?
(a) Diet Coke.
(c) Iced tea.
2. What color is Carnelle's hair for the contest?
3. Which character does Delmount believe doesn't follow through with actions?
4. How many children did Carnelle's aunt have?
5. What caused Carnelle's aunt to die?
(a) A gunshot.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which word best describes Popeye's eye injury story?
2. How old was Carnelle when her father left her?
3. Where does Carnelle volunteer?
4. What does Popeye see that causes her to fall in love with Delmount?
5. Who tells Elain that Popeye loves Delmount?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Elain decide to go back to her husband?
2. Why does Carnelle lose the pageant?
3. What does the pageant symbolize?
4. What is Delmount's redemption?
5. By the end of the play, do you consider Carnelle to be defeated or undefeated?
6. How does Carnelle fail in the beauty pageant?
7. What does Delmount think about his sister, Elain?
8. What is Delmount's reaction to Tessy's invitation?
9. Describe the character of Delmount.
10. Describe Carnelle's experience walking in the parade.
This section contains 592 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)