|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tells Elain that Popeye loves Delmount?
(c) Mac Sam.
2. What did Delmount once injure a man with?
(a) Beer bottle.
(b) Butter knife.
(c) Large rock.
3. Which character does Delmount believe doesn't follow through with actions?
4. What is Popeye's last name?
5. What type of dialect is used in the play?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character attended a junior college?
2. What is Popeye's occupation?
3. What is Carnelle's last name?
4. What has destroyed Carnelle's spirit?
5. What is Carnelle waiting for in Act 1, Scene 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe three ways Carnelle is attempting to better her reputation.
2. How is comic relief used in the play?
3. Why does Delmount decide to watch fireworks with Popeye?
4. What motivates Carnelle to win the contest after Delmount visits?
5. What causes Popeye to become distraught in the play's second scene?
6. What is Tessy's motivation in the story?
7. What does the pageant symbolize?
8. Why doesn't Delmount approve of Franklin?
9. What routine does Carnelle plan to perform in the beauty contest? Be descriptive.
10. Who is the protagonist of the story? How do you know?
This section contains 542 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)