|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't Delmount respond to Popeye's advances?
(a) He just doesn't like her.
(b) He loves somebody else.
(c) He knows he is violent.
(d) He's emotionally wounded.
2. In what state does the play take place?
3. What does Delmount like the most in a romantic partner?
(d) Sense of humor.
4. How many children did Carnelle's aunt have?
5. What culture is explored in the play?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character shows the most irony in the play?
2. Which of the following happens to Carnelle in the play's second act?
3. What does Popeye see that causes her to fall in love with Delmount?
4. What is the name of the town that Carnelle lives in?
5. Which of the following is a theme in the play's second act?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Carnelle lose the pageant?
2. What has happened to Popeye's eyes?
3. What causes Popeye to become distraught in the play's second scene?
4. What does the pageant symbolize?
5. How does Carnelle look for love in the wrong ways?
6. What motivates Carnelle to win the contest after Delmount visits?
7. By the end of the play, do you consider Carnelle to be defeated or undefeated?
8. Why doesn't Delmount approve of Franklin?
9. Who calls for Elain and why is she not happy to talk to him?
10. Describe the character of Delmount.
This section contains 601 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)