|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of dialect is used in the play?
2. What does Popeye see that causes her to fall in love with Delmount?
(a) A photo of him.
(b) A drawing he did as a kid.
(c) A letter he wrote to Carnelle.
(d) A photo of his son.
3. What part of Popeye's body is injured?
4. How old is Carnelle?
5. Which of the following happens to Carnelle in the play's second act?
(a) An injury.
(c) Reversal of fortune.
(d) She falls in love.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Elain's husband feel about her?
2. What is the name of Carnelle's uncle?
3. Which character does Delmount believe doesn't follow through with actions?
4. What does Carnelle hope to gain from the beauty contest?
5. What caused Popeye's nickname?
Short Essay Questions
1. What has happened to Carnelle's mother and father?
2. What does Elain warn Popeye about in Act 1, Scene 2?
3. How does Carnelle look for love in the wrong ways?
4. Describe the character of Delmount.
5. Why doesn't Delmount approve of Franklin?
6. Describe Carnelle's experience walking in the parade.
7. What has happened to Popeye's eyes?
8. How have Delmount and Elain distanced themselves from their mother?
9. What causes Popeye to become distraught in the play's second scene?
10. How does Delmount protect Carnelle's honor?
This section contains 578 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)