|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Carnelle hope to gain from the beauty contest?
(a) A trophy.
2. What is Carnelle's last name?
3. Who is Delmount's redemption foreshadowed to be?
4. What is the name of the beauty contest?
(a) Miss Firework.
(b) Miss Firecracker.
(c) Miss Independence.
(d) Miss Sparkler.
5. Which character attended a junior college?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Carnelle volunteer?
2. How many children did Carnelle's aunt have?
3. When Delmount arrives in the first act, what does Popeye explain to him?
4. Which character does Delmount not approve of?
5. What is Carnelle waiting for in Act 1, Scene 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do Delmount and Elain discuss the negative impact their mother had on their lives?
2. How does Carnelle look for love in the wrong ways?
3. What are Mac Sam's motivations in the story?
4. Describe Carnelle's experience walking in the parade.
5. How is self-identity a theme in the play?
6. What is an example of irony in the play?
7. How does Carnelle's fortune reverse in the play's second scene?
8. Why doesn't Delmount respond to Popeye's romantic advances?
9. What is Tessy's motivation in the story?
10. Why does Carnelle think that Elain has had the perfect life?
This section contains 613 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)