|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character is on a conscious quest for romantic love?
2. What does Elain bring for Carnelle to wear in the first act?
(a) Antebellum dress.
(b) Mardi Gras mask.
(c) Red hair ribbon.
(d) High heeled shoes.
3. On what day does Act 1, Scene 2, occur?
4. Who is Delmount's redemption foreshadowed to be?
5. With whom is Delmount angry for not getting him out of trouble?
(b) His mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of dialect is used in the play?
2. In what state does the play take place?
3. How old is Carnelle?
4. Where does Carnelle volunteer?
5. Which of the following words best describes Popeye's appearance?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do you think Mac Sam means when he says that women need to feel beautiful?
2. What is Carnelle's nickname and how did she get it?
3. How does the play's southern culture play a role in the pageant events? How does the culture contrast with the way the community acts?
4. What causes Popeye to become distraught in the play's second scene?
5. Why does Delmount decide to watch fireworks with Popeye?
6. Why does Elain bring Carnelle a Mardi Gras mask?
7. Why is Delmount in a good mood when he arrives at the pageant?
8. What has stopped Carnelle from being a contestant in the pageant before?
9. Describe the situation with Elain and her family.
10. What has happened to Carnelle's mother and father?
This section contains 597 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)