|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who consoles Popeye and Carnelle?
(d) Mac Sam.
2. Of which of the following is Carnelle a victim?
(a) Police brutality.
(b) Her own poor choices.
(c) Sexual assault.
3. How old is Carnelle?
4. How old was Elain when she won the beauty contest?
5. What is Carnelle wearing when Popeye shows up at her house?
(a) A Halloween costume.
(b) A tutu.
(c) A dress.
(d) A leotard.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the first act, what drink does Carnelle serve to Popeye?
2. Which character is considered wealthy?
3. How does Elain's husband feel about her?
4. Which character does Delmount not approve of?
5. Which of the following does Carnelle hope for in the play's second act?
Short Essay Questions
1. What has happened to Carnelle's mother and father?
2. How does Carnelle's family attempt to save her from embarrassment?
3. How is hope a theme in the play?
4. What has been the cause of Carnelle's problems for most of her life?
5. Describe how Carnelle is coming to terms with life's unpredictability.
6. Why doesn't Delmount approve of Franklin?
7. What are Elain's fears?
8. Describe how Carnelle's persistence is not helpful in her life.
9. How does Carnelle's fortune reverse in the play's second scene?
10. Describe the climax of the play.
This section contains 605 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)