|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Carnelle's last name?
2. Which character does Delmount believe doesn't follow through with actions?
3. What has Carnelle been searching for most of her life?
(a) A home.
(b) Her father.
(d) A hobby.
4. In the first act, what drink does Carnelle serve to Popeye?
(b) Iced tea.
(c) Diet Coke.
5. How does Elain's husband feel about her?
(a) He is apathetic toward her.
(b) He adores her.
(c) He hates her.
(d) He is using her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does Delmount want to study?
2. Who tells Elain that Popeye loves Delmount?
3. What is Popeye's last name?
4. In what state does the play take place?
5. What does Carnelle hope to gain from the beauty contest?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Elain's fears?
2. Why is Delmount avoiding Tessy?
3. How does the play's southern culture play a role in the pageant events? How does the culture contrast with the way the community acts?
4. Why doesn't Delmount approve of Franklin?
5. Who calls for Elain and why is she not happy to talk to him?
6. Describe the character of Delmount.
7. How is hope a theme in the play?
8. How does Carnelle's fortune reverse in the play's second scene?
9. What is Carnelle's goal in the play? Why does she have this goal?
10. Why is Delmount in a good mood when he arrives at the pageant?
This section contains 604 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)