|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Carnelle hope to gain from the beauty contest?
(d) A trophy.
2. What does Elain bring for Carnelle to wear in the first act?
(a) Red hair ribbon.
(b) Antebellum dress.
(c) High heeled shoes.
(d) Mardi Gras mask.
3. When Delmount arrives in the first act, what does Popeye explain to him?
(a) Her nickname.
(b) The dress she is holding.
(c) Why she is a seamstress.
(d) Her children.
4. Who is Delmount's redemption foreshadowed to be?
5. What type of dialect is used in the play?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Carnelle's last name?
2. Which character shows the most irony in the play?
3. What is Popeye's last name?
4. What has Carnelle been searching for most of her life?
5. Where does Carnelle work?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe how Carnelle is coming to terms with life's unpredictability.
2. Why doesn't Delmount approve of Franklin?
3. What are Elain's fears?
4. What has happened to Popeye's eyes?
5. Why doesn't Delmount respond to Popeye's romantic advances?
6. Why does Carnelle think that Elain has had the perfect life?
7. What is Carnelle's goal in the play? Why does she have this goal?
8. How does Carnelle fail in the beauty pageant?
9. What is Delmount's reaction to Tessy's invitation?
10. Why does Elain decide to go back to her husband?
This section contains 598 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)