|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character shows the most irony in the play?
2. What is the name of the beauty contest?
(a) Miss Sparkler.
(b) Miss Firework.
(c) Miss Independence.
(d) Miss Firecracker.
3. What does Delmount like the most in a romantic partner?
(c) Sense of humor.
4. In what month does Act 1, Scene 1, occur?
5. Why does Popeye show up at Carnelle's house in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) To take measurements.
(b) To have dinner.
(c) To meet her family.
(d) To take photos.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what day does Act 1, Scene 2, occur?
2. Which character attended a junior college?
3. Where does Elain's family live?
4. Which character has spent time in jail and a mental institution?
5. Which character is on a conscious quest for romantic love?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Carnelle show that she will not let others dictate her life?
2. What does the pageant symbolize?
3. What causes Popeye to become distraught in the play's second scene?
4. What does Delmount think about his sister, Elain?
5. What is Carnelle's goal in the play? Why does she have this goal?
6. Why has Elain been asked to speak at the beauty pageant?
7. Why doesn't Delmount approve of Franklin?
8. How does Delmount protect Carnelle's honor?
9. How does Carnelle's fortune reverse in the play's second scene?
10. What has been the cause of Carnelle's problems for most of her life?
This section contains 564 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)