|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What part of Popeye's body is injured?
2. What is Carnelle waiting for in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) Popeye to take her measurements.
(b) Elain to show up.
(c) A phone call.
(d) A visit from Tessy.
3. What is Popeye's occupation?
4. What is the name of the town that Carnelle lives in?
5. What does Elain warn Popeye about?
(a) Delmount's instability.
(b) Carnelle is mentally unstable.
(c) Delmount is already involved with another woman.
(d) Delmount has always been violent.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Carnelle when her father left her?
2. Where does Carnelle work?
3. How old is Carnelle?
4. In what month does Act 1, Scene 1, occur?
5. How does Delmount respond to Popeye's handicap?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Carnelle's experience walking in the parade.
2. How is comic relief used in the play?
3. What has stopped Carnelle from being a contestant in the pageant before?
4. What doesn't Delmount understand about Carnelle's obsession with the beauty pageant?
5. What has been the cause of Carnelle's problems for most of her life?
6. How does the play's southern culture play a role in the pageant events? How does the culture contrast with the way the community acts?
7. What is in the shoebox that Tessy brings to Carnelle and what does it represent?
8. What motivates Carnelle to win the contest after Delmount visits?
9. Why is Delmount in a good mood when he arrives at the pageant?
10. Why does Elain attract Mac Sam's attention to Popeye instead of herself?
This section contains 609 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)