|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom is Delmount angry for not getting him out of trouble?
(c) His mother.
2. Which character is considered wealthy?
3. In the first act, what drink does Carnelle serve to Popeye?
(a) Diet Coke.
(b) Iced tea.
4. Which character becomes distraught with unrequited feelings?
5. What food does Carnelle serve to Popeye in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Chocolate chip cookies.
(b) Saltine crackers.
(c) Garlic baked potatoes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character brings Carnelle her costume for the pageant?
2. Where does Elain's family live?
3. How old was Elain when she won the beauty contest?
4. On what day does Act 1, Scene 2, occur?
5. Who consoles Popeye and Carnelle?
Short Essay Questions
1. What has stopped Carnelle from being a contestant in the pageant before?
2. How is hope a theme in the play?
3. Who is Mac Sam and why is he significant to the story?
4. Why does Elain decide to go back to her husband?
5. Describe three ways Carnelle is attempting to better her reputation.
6. How does Carnelle's family attempt to save her from embarrassment?
7. Why has Elain been asked to speak at the beauty pageant?
8. How does Carnelle show that she will not let others dictate her life?
9. How is comic relief used in the play?
10. How does Carnelle fail in the beauty pageant?
This section contains 606 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)