|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tells Elain that Popeye loves Delmount?
(d) Mac Sam.
2. Who is Delmount's redemption foreshadowed to be?
3. In the first act, what drink does Carnelle serve to Popeye?
(b) Iced tea.
(d) Diet Coke.
4. What caused Popeye's nickname?
(a) A bad experience at school.
(b) Her job.
(c) Her mother started it.
(d) A childhood prank.
5. At what time in the evening Act 1, Scene 2, take place?
(a) 7 p.m.
(b) 6 p.m.
(c) 8 p.m.
(d) 9 p.m.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the town that Carnelle lives in?
2. Of which of the following is Carnelle a victim?
3. What is the name of Carnelle's uncle?
4. What is Carnelle waiting for in Act 1, Scene 2?
5. What does Delmount like the most in a romantic partner?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Mac Sam and why is he significant to the story?
2. Why is Delmount avoiding Tessy?
3. Why does Elain attract Mac Sam's attention to Popeye instead of herself?
4. What causes Popeye to become distraught in the play's second scene?
5. Why does Carnelle turn down Mac Sam's invitation?
6. What does the pageant symbolize?
7. What are Elain's fears?
8. How does Carnelle fail in the beauty pageant?
9. Which characters are on a quest for love?
10. How is self-identity a theme in the play?
This section contains 605 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)