|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Carnelle volunteer?
(a) Animal shelter.
(b) Soup kitchen.
(c) Veteran's hospital.
(d) Cancer society.
2. Which of the following words best describes Popeye's appearance?
(d) A hidden beauty.
3. Why doesn't Delmount respond to Popeye's advances?
(a) He loves somebody else.
(b) He's emotionally wounded.
(c) He knows he is violent.
(d) He just doesn't like her.
4. In the first act, what drink does Carnelle serve to Popeye?
(b) Iced tea.
(d) Diet Coke.
5. What is Popeye's occupation?
Short Answer Questions
1. What time is Carnelle supposed to be notified that she is eligible to be in the pageant?
2. What does Elain warn Popeye about?
3. What is Carnelle wearing when Popeye shows up at her house?
4. How old was Carnelle when her father left her?
5. Which character is on a conscious quest for romantic love?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Delmount's redemption?
2. What does the pageant symbolize?
3. What causes Popeye to become distraught in the play's second scene?
4. Why does Elain attract Mac Sam's attention to Popeye instead of herself?
5. Why do Delmount and Elain discuss the negative impact their mother had on their lives?
6. Why doesn't Delmount respond to Popeye's romantic advances?
7. Why has Elain been asked to speak at the beauty pageant?
8. How is comic relief used in the play?
9. Why does Delmount decide to watch fireworks with Popeye?
10. What do you think Mac Sam means when he says that women need to feel beautiful?
This section contains 628 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)