|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of which of the following is Carnelle a victim?
(a) Her own poor choices.
(b) Police brutality.
(c) Sexual assault.
2. What is the name of Elain's husband?
3. Which character has spent time in jail and a mental institution?
4. How does Elain's husband feel about her?
(a) He is apathetic toward her.
(b) He is using her.
(c) He adores her.
(d) He hates her.
5. What time is Carnelle supposed to be notified that she is eligible to be in the pageant?
(a) 8 a.m.
(b) 9 a.m.
(c) 4 a.m.
(d) 6 a.m.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Carnelle waiting for in Act 1, Scene 2?
2. What color is the dress that Carnelle asks Elain to borrow?
3. Which of the following is a theme in the play's second act?
4. How many children did Carnelle's aunt have?
5. Which character is considered wealthy?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the play's southern culture play a role in the pageant events? How does the culture contrast with the way the community acts?
2. Why is Delmount in a good mood when he arrives at the pageant?
3. Why doesn't Delmount approve of Franklin?
4. What routine does Carnelle plan to perform in the beauty contest? Be descriptive.
5. Why does Elain attract Mac Sam's attention to Popeye instead of herself?
6. What doesn't Delmount understand about Carnelle's obsession with the beauty pageant?
7. What is in the shoebox that Tessy brings to Carnelle and what does it represent?
8. What does Elain warn Popeye about in Act 1, Scene 2?
9. Which characters are on a quest for love?
10. Describe three ways Carnelle is attempting to better her reputation.
This section contains 621 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)