|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of which of the following is Carnelle a victim?
(a) Her own poor choices.
(c) Sexual assault.
(d) Police brutality.
2. Which character becomes distraught with unrequited feelings?
3. What is Popeye's occupation?
4. How old is Carnelle?
5. In the first act, what drink does Carnelle serve to Popeye?
(b) Diet Coke.
(c) Iced tea.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who calls for Elain in Act 1, Scene 2?
2. Which character is considered wealthy?
3. With whom is Delmount angry for not getting him out of trouble?
4. What is the name of the town that Carnelle lives in?
5. Which character attended a junior college?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Carnelle think that Elain has had the perfect life?
2. Describe Carnelle's experience walking in the parade.
3. What has happened to Popeye's eyes?
4. What does the pageant symbolize?
5. How does Carnelle's fortune reverse in the play's second scene?
6. What has happened to Carnelle's mother and father?
7. What is in the shoebox that Tessy brings to Carnelle and what does it represent?
8. Who is Mac Sam and why is he significant to the story?
9. How does Carnelle's family attempt to save her from embarrassment?
10. What elements of the story foreshadow that things will go wrong for Carnelle in the pageant?
This section contains 590 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)