|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Popeye's occupation?
2. Where does Elain's family live?
(b) Baton Rouge.
(d) New Orleans.
3. Which of the following does Delmount want to study?
4. Which character shows the most irony in the play?
5. What part of Popeye's body is injured?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character retires to bed with a headache?
2. What is the name of the town that Carnelle lives in?
3. How does Delmount respond to Popeye's handicap?
4. What type of dialect is used in the play?
5. What does Popeye see that causes her to fall in love with Delmount?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the character of Delmount.
2. What doesn't Delmount understand about Carnelle's obsession with the beauty pageant?
3. What does Elain warn Popeye about in Act 1, Scene 2?
4. What has happened to Carnelle's mother and father?
5. Describe how Carnelle is coming to terms with life's unpredictability.
6. What has been the cause of Carnelle's problems for most of her life?
7. How does Carnelle show that she will not let others dictate her life?
8. Why does Elain decide to go back to her husband?
9. Why does Elain attract Mac Sam's attention to Popeye instead of herself?
10. What is Delmount's redemption?
This section contains 604 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)