|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has destroyed Carnelle's spirit?
(a) Her lack of education.
(b) A lack of money.
(c) Her mother's death.
(d) A dysfunctional family.
2. Who tells Elain that Popeye loves Delmount?
(d) Mac Sam.
3. What food does Carnelle serve to Popeye in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Saltine crackers.
(b) Chocolate chip cookies.
(c) Garlic baked potatoes.
4. How many children did Carnelle's aunt have?
5. Who is Delmount's redemption foreshadowed to be?
Short Answer Questions
1. On what day does Act 1, Scene 2, occur?
2. Where does Carnelle volunteer?
3. Who calls for Elain in Act 1, Scene 2?
4. What is the name of Elain's husband?
5. With whom is Delmount angry for not getting him out of trouble?
Short Essay Questions
1. What doesn't Delmount understand about Carnelle's obsession with the beauty pageant?
2. Describe how Carnelle is coming to terms with life's unpredictability.
3. How does Carnelle look for love in the wrong ways?
4. What motivates Carnelle to win the contest after Delmount visits?
5. How does Carnelle fail in the beauty pageant?
6. Why does Carnelle think that Elain has had the perfect life?
7. What has been the cause of Carnelle's problems for most of her life?
8. Why is Delmount avoiding Tessy?
9. Describe three ways Carnelle is attempting to better her reputation.
10. What does the pageant symbolize?
This section contains 587 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)