|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Delmount hide in Act 2?
(a) Under a table.
(b) Under the stage.
(c) In a closet.
(d) Under a bed.
2. Which character chastises Delmount in Act 2, Scene 2?
3. What does Mac Sam want in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) To talk to Carnelle.
(b) To leave town.
(c) To fall in love.
(d) To find a new job.
4. Who tells Delmount that women need to feel beautiful?
(d) Mac Sam.
5. What does Carnelle do in the parade after the pageant?
(a) Drives the truck pulling the float.
(b) Sits on the float and waves.
(c) Carries the flag behind the float.
(d) Dresses up in a costume to pass out candy.
6. Who was asked to speak at the beauty pageant about beauty?
7. Which character gave Mac Sam syphilis?
8. Who is Tessy looking for in Act 2, Scene 1?
(d) Mac Sam.
9. Which of the following items is a symbol in Act 2?
(a) Pageant stage.
10. What skill does Carnelle exhibit at the pageant?
(a) Baton twirling.
(b) Violin playing.
(c) Poetry reading.
11. How does Carnelle feel after her skill routine?
12. What does Mac Sam do for a living?
(a) Fast food worker.
(b) Carnival game runner.
(c) Pageant coordinator.
(d) Balloon vendor.
13. What is Tessy's occupation?
(d) Pageant coordinator.
14. What does Elain want in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) To have children.
(b) To go back to school.
(c) A man who is adventurous.
(d) To feel beautiful.
15. Why does Delmount need money?
(a) To leave town.
(b) To support his family.
(c) To buy a new house in town.
(d) To pay off a debt.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Popeye give to a young girl that caused her to lose a job?
2. To whom does Elain try to explain her motives?
3. What word describes Delmount when he comes back from the pageant tent?
4. What is inside the shoebox that Carnelle receives?
5. When Elain and Popeye come out of the pageant tent, how do they appear?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)