|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Elain begins talking to the character she becomes attracted to in Act 2, from whom does she attract attention?
2. What does Carnelle change into for her final lineup?
(a) Antebellum dress.
(b) Cocktail dress.
(d) Funny costume
3. Which characters talk behind the pageant tent when Carnelle is in the pageant?
(a) Delmount and Popeye.
(b) Popeye and Elain.
(c) Mac Sam and Delmount.
(d) Elain and Franklin.
4. Which character retrieves ice in Act 2, Scene 2?
5. Which sentence best describes Carnelle?
(a) She had a big chance of winning until she tripped.
(b) She is jealous of Elain's bond with her children.
(c) She was defeated before she began.
(d) She is jealous of Popeye and Delmount's relationship.
6. Which character chastises Delmount in Act 2, Scene 2?
7. Which character arrives to the pageant in a good mood?
(c) Mac Sam.
8. How does Carnelle feel before going back on stage to exhibit her skill?
9. Who does Carnelle talk to in the beginning of Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Mac Sam.
10. What does Elain bring to the pageant for Carnelle to use?
(b) Mardi Gras mask.
(c) Antebellum dress.
11. How does Delmount respond to Tessy's invitation?
(a) He accepts reluctantly.
(b) He accepts eagerly.
(c) He ignores her completely.
(d) He protests.
12. Who tells Delmount that women need to feel beautiful?
(b) Mac Sam.
13. What skill does Carnelle exhibit at the pageant?
(b) Poetry reading.
(c) Baton twirling.
(d) Violin playing.
14. What does Carnelle do in the parade after the pageant?
(a) Carries the flag behind the float.
(b) Sits on the float and waves.
(c) Drives the truck pulling the float.
(d) Dresses up in a costume to pass out candy.
15. What does Carnelle trip on when she is onstage?
(a) A power cord.
(b) Her own feet.
(c) A pencil.
(d) Her dress.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is present in Act 2, Scene 1?
2. Where did Popeye lose a job?
3. Who does Elain call on the phone in Act 2, Scene 2?
4. What is going well for Delmount in Act 2, Scene 1?
5. To whom does Elain try to explain her motives?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)