|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is present in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Tragic ending.
(b) Comic relief.
(d) Character analysis.
2. What does Mac Sam want in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) To talk to Carnelle.
(b) To find a new job.
(c) To fall in love.
(d) To leave town.
3. What does Carnelle do in the parade after the pageant?
(a) Dresses up in a costume to pass out candy.
(b) Drives the truck pulling the float.
(c) Carries the flag behind the float.
(d) Sits on the float and waves.
4. Which character is considered an ugly misfit in the eyes of others?
5. What does Tessy want Delmount to do with her in Act 2 Scene 2?
(a) Play carnival games.
(b) Watch fireworks.
(c) Go to dinner.
(d) Move in to her house.
6. Who was asked to speak at the beauty pageant about beauty?
7. Who sends roses to Elain in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Mac Sam.
8. What skill does Carnelle exhibit at the pageant?
(b) Poetry reading.
(c) Violin playing.
(d) Baton twirling.
9. Which character retrieves Delmount from the pageant tent?
(d) Mac Sam.
10. When Elain and Popeye come out of the pageant tent, how do they appear?
11. How does the audience react to Carnelle falling onstage?
(a) They are sympathetic.
(b) They call her names.
(c) They begin leaving the tent.
(d) They laugh quietly.
12. How does Carnelle feel when s he returns to the dressing room?
13. What does Delmount want in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) To fall in love.
(b) To avoid Elain.
(c) To avoid Tessy.
(d) To leave town as soon as possible.
14. Who tells Delmount that women need to feel beautiful?
(c) Mac Sam.
15. Which sentence best describes Carnelle?
(a) She is jealous of Popeye and Delmount's relationship.
(b) She was defeated before she began.
(c) She had a big chance of winning until she tripped.
(d) She is jealous of Elain's bond with her children.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does not understand why Carnelle is putting herself through the humiliation?
2. Who leaves the tent to tell the remaining character that Carnelle received last place?
3. From what does Carnelle's family try to save her?
4. When Popeye got fired from a job recently, what did the young girl who caused the problem claim to want to see?
5. What color dress does Carnelle wear in the pageant?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)