|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Mac Sam looking for in Act 2, Scene 1?
2. Which of the following is present in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Character analysis.
(c) Tragic ending.
(d) Comic relief.
3. What does Popeye want in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) To be with Delmount.
(b) To quit her job.
(c) To learn to sew.
(d) to be with Mac Sam.
4. Where does Delmount hide in Act 2?
(a) In a closet.
(b) Under the stage.
(c) Under a bed.
(d) Under a table.
5. Who does Tessy think that she loves?
(a) Mac Sam.
6. From whom does Delmount hide in Act 2?
7. How does Carnelle feel when s he returns to the dressing room?
8. Which character drinks heavily?
(a) Mac Sam.
9. Which character is considered an ugly misfit in the eyes of others?
10. What does Mac Sam do for a living?
(a) Balloon vendor.
(b) Pageant coordinator.
(c) Fast food worker.
(d) Carnival game runner.
11. Who does not understand why Carnelle is putting herself through the humiliation?
(c) Mac Sam.
12. What does Elain decide to do in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Bring her sons to the carnival.
(b) Force her husband to move.
(c) Return to her husband.
(d) Leave her husband to go back to school.
13. What sentence best describes Elain?
(a) She would rather have love than money.
(b) She loves her sons more than anything.
(c) She wants adventure.
(d) She loves Franklin with all her heart.
14. How does Delmount respond to Tessy's invitation?
(a) He protests.
(b) He accepts reluctantly.
(c) He accepts eagerly.
(d) He ignores her completely.
15. Where does Act 2 take place?
(a) In the pageant dressing room.
(b) In Popeye's house.
(c) In Carnelle's house.
(d) In the back of the pageant tent.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Elain and Popeye come out of the pageant tent, how do they appear?
2. When Popeye got fired from a job recently, what did the young girl who caused the problem claim to want to see?
3. What is going well for Delmount in Act 2, Scene 1?
4. According to Carnelle's perspective, which character has the perfect life?
5. Where did Popeye lose a job?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)