|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character drinks heavily?
(b) Mac Sam.
2. Which character gave Mac Sam syphilis?
3. Why does Delmount need money?
(a) To support his family.
(b) To pay off a debt.
(c) To buy a new house in town.
(d) To leave town.
4. What did Popeye give to a young girl that caused her to lose a job?
(a) A hair brush.
(b) A tube of lipstick.
(c) A pair of pantyhose.
(d) A compact.
5. What does Tessy want Delmount to do with her in Act 2 Scene 2?
(a) Go to dinner.
(b) Watch fireworks.
(c) Play carnival games.
(d) Move in to her house.
6. When Elain begins talking to the character she becomes attracted to in Act 2, from whom does she attract attention?
7. Who is Mac Sam looking for in Act 2, Scene 1?
8. From what does Carnelle's family try to save her?
(b) Dropping out of college.
(c) Making a horrible decision.
9. Who sends roses to Elain in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Mac Sam.
10. What is going well for Delmount in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) He got his house back.
(b) His furniture is selling well.
(c) He met a new girl.
(d) He is in love with Popeye.
11. How does Carnelle feel before going back on stage to exhibit her skill?
12. Which character decides in Act 2 not to watch the rest of the pageant?
(b) Mac Sam.
13. What does Carnelle change into for her final lineup?
(a) Antebellum dress.
(b) Funny costume
(d) Cocktail dress.
14. How does Carnelle feel after her skill routine?
15. Where did Popeye lose a job?
(a) Dime store.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Delmount respond to Tessy's invitation?
2. What is Elain wearing at the pageant?
3. Which sentence best describes Carnelle?
4. From whom does Delmount hide in Act 2?
5. What color snow cone does Popeye have?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)