|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Carnelle feel before going back on stage to exhibit her skill?
2. What does Carnelle change into for her final lineup?
(a) Funny costume
(b) Cocktail dress.
(d) Antebellum dress.
3. What did Popeye give to a young girl that caused her to lose a job?
(a) A compact.
(b) A pair of pantyhose.
(c) A hair brush.
(d) A tube of lipstick.
4. What does Carnelle want in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) To avoid her family.
(b) To hide from Tessy.
(c) To find her mask.
(d) To win the pageant.
5. What does Elain want in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) To feel beautiful.
(b) To go back to school.
(c) To have children.
(d) A man who is adventurous.
6. What does Mac Sam do for a living?
(a) Fast food worker.
(b) Pageant coordinator.
(c) Balloon vendor.
(d) Carnival game runner.
7. Which character decides in Act 2 not to watch the rest of the pageant?
(b) Mac Sam.
8. Which sentence best describes Carnelle?
(a) She had a big chance of winning until she tripped.
(b) She was defeated before she began.
(c) She is jealous of Popeye and Delmount's relationship.
(d) She is jealous of Elain's bond with her children.
9. Which character does Carnelle hope will alter her dress?
(d) Mac Sam.
10. How does Delmount respond to Tessy's invitation?
(a) He accepts eagerly.
(b) He protests.
(c) He ignores her completely.
(d) He accepts reluctantly.
11. What color snow cone does Popeye have?
12. Who is the shoebox from that Carnelle receives?
(a) Mac Sam.
13. What does Tessy want Delmount to do with her in Act 2 Scene 2?
(a) Move in to her house.
(b) Play carnival games.
(c) Watch fireworks.
(d) Go to dinner.
14. What does Carnelle do in the parade after the pageant?
(a) Dresses up in a costume to pass out candy.
(b) Sits on the float and waves.
(c) Drives the truck pulling the float.
(d) Carries the flag behind the float.
15. Why does Delmount need money?
(a) To buy a new house in town.
(b) To support his family.
(c) To leave town.
(d) To pay off a debt.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character retrieves Delmount from the pageant tent?
2. Who is Mac Sam looking for in Act 2, Scene 1?
3. What does Popeye want in Act 2, Scene 1?
4. What sentence best describes Elain?
5. Who tells Delmount that Popeye loves him?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)