|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Tessy's occupation?
(d) Pageant coordinator.
2. Which character retrieves Delmount from the pageant tent?
(d) Mac Sam.
3. What skill does Carnelle exhibit at the pageant?
(b) Violin playing.
(c) Baton twirling.
(d) Poetry reading.
4. Which of the following items is a symbol in Act 2?
(d) Pageant stage.
5. How does Delmount respond to Tessy's invitation?
(a) He accepts eagerly.
(b) He ignores her completely.
(c) He accepts reluctantly.
(d) He protests.
6. Which character retrieves ice in Act 2, Scene 2?
7. What does Carnelle do in the parade after the pageant?
(a) Carries the flag behind the float.
(b) Sits on the float and waves.
(c) Drives the truck pulling the float.
(d) Dresses up in a costume to pass out candy.
8. Which sentence best describes Carnelle?
(a) She was defeated before she began.
(b) She had a big chance of winning until she tripped.
(c) She is jealous of Popeye and Delmount's relationship.
(d) She is jealous of Elain's bond with her children.
9. What color snow cone does Popeye have?
10. Which character is considered an ugly misfit in the eyes of others?
11. What scene is the climax of the play?
(a) Act 2, Scene 1.
(b) Act 1, Scene 2.
(c) Act 2, Scene 2.
(d) Act 1, Scene 1.
12. Who was asked to speak at the beauty pageant about beauty?
13. How does Carnelle feel after her skill routine?
14. What is going well for Delmount in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) He met a new girl.
(b) He got his house back.
(c) He is in love with Popeye.
(d) His furniture is selling well.
15. When Elain and Popeye come out of the pageant tent, how do they appear?
Short Answer Questions
1. From what does Carnelle's family try to save her?
2. What is inside the shoebox that Carnelle receives?
3. Who is the shoebox from that Carnelle receives?
4. What does Elain bring to the pageant for Carnelle to use?
5. What does Tessy want Delmount to do with her in Act 2 Scene 2?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)