|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Carnelle want in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) To win the pageant.
(b) To avoid her family.
(c) To find her mask.
(d) To hide from Tessy.
2. Who does not understand why Carnelle is putting herself through the humiliation?
(a) Mac Sam.
3. Who does Tessy think that she loves?
(d) Mac Sam.
4. How does Carnelle feel when s he returns to the dressing room?
5. Who delivers the roses to Elain in Act 2, Scene 2?
(c) Mac Sam.
6. What sentence best describes Elain?
(a) She loves her sons more than anything.
(b) She loves Franklin with all her heart.
(c) She would rather have love than money.
(d) She wants adventure.
7. Which characters talk behind the pageant tent when Carnelle is in the pageant?
(a) Elain and Franklin.
(b) Popeye and Elain.
(c) Delmount and Popeye.
(d) Mac Sam and Delmount.
8. Which character retrieves ice in Act 2, Scene 2?
9. On what day does Act 2 occur?
(a) July fourth.
(b) July third.
(c) July fifth.
(d) July second.
10. Which of the following items is a symbol in Act 2?
(b) Pageant stage.
11. Where does Act 2 take place?
(a) In Carnelle's house.
(b) In the back of the pageant tent.
(c) In the pageant dressing room.
(d) In Popeye's house.
12. Who tells Delmount that Popeye loves him?
13. Who is Mac Sam looking for in Act 2, Scene 1?
14. Which character drinks heavily?
(c) Mac Sam.
15. What color dress does Carnelle wear in the pageant?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Delmount hide in Act 2?
2. What skill does Carnelle exhibit at the pageant?
3. Which character does Carnelle hope will alter her dress?
4. How does Delmount respond to Tessy's invitation?
5. How does Carnelle feel before going back on stage to exhibit her skill?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)