|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Elain wearing at the pageant?
(a) A parka.
(b) A red antebellum dress.
(c) A summer dress.
(d) A Mardi Gras mask.
2. Which characters talk behind the pageant tent when Carnelle is in the pageant?
(a) Elain and Franklin.
(b) Delmount and Popeye.
(c) Popeye and Elain.
(d) Mac Sam and Delmount.
3. What color dress does Carnelle wear in the pageant?
4. What scene is the climax of the play?
(a) Act 2, Scene 1.
(b) Act 2, Scene 2.
(c) Act 1, Scene 1.
(d) Act 1, Scene 2.
5. Which character is considered an ugly misfit in the eyes of others?
6. Which character arrives to the pageant in a good mood?
(b) Mac Sam.
7. Why does Delmount need money?
(a) To buy a new house in town.
(b) To leave town.
(c) To pay off a debt.
(d) To support his family.
8. To whom does Elain try to explain her motives?
(c) Mac Sam.
9. What does Tessy want Delmount to do with her in Act 2 Scene 2?
(a) Move in to her house.
(b) Go to dinner.
(c) Play carnival games.
(d) Watch fireworks.
10. Who once dated Mac Sam?
11. What does Delmount want in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) To avoid Elain.
(b) To avoid Tessy.
(c) To fall in love.
(d) To leave town as soon as possible.
12. What does Elain bring to the pageant for Carnelle to use?
(c) Antebellum dress.
(d) Mardi Gras mask.
13. How does Carnelle feel when s he returns to the dressing room?
14. Who is Mac Sam looking for in Act 2, Scene 1?
15. Where did Popeye lose a job?
(a) Dime store.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Carnelle feel after her skill routine?
2. Who is the shoebox from that Carnelle receives?
3. Which of the following is present in Act 2, Scene 1?
4. Which character is more defensive over Carnelle?
5. Which of the following items is a symbol in Act 2?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)