|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character is considered an ugly misfit in the eyes of others?
2. What does Carnelle do in the parade after the pageant?
(a) Carries the flag behind the float.
(b) Dresses up in a costume to pass out candy.
(c) Sits on the float and waves.
(d) Drives the truck pulling the float.
3. What does Mac Sam do for a living?
(a) Balloon vendor.
(b) Pageant coordinator.
(c) Fast food worker.
(d) Carnival game runner.
4. What color snow cone does Popeye have?
5. Which character decides in Act 2 not to watch the rest of the pageant?
(c) Mac Sam.
6. What does Popeye want in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) To quit her job.
(b) To learn to sew.
(c) To be with Delmount.
(d) to be with Mac Sam.
7. What does Tessy want Delmount to do with her in Act 2 Scene 2?
(a) Play carnival games.
(b) Go to dinner.
(c) Watch fireworks.
(d) Move in to her house.
8. Which character retrieves Delmount from the pageant tent?
(b) Mac Sam.
9. Where does Delmount hide in Act 2?
(a) Under the stage.
(b) Under a table.
(c) Under a bed.
(d) In a closet.
10. Who does Elain call on the phone in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Her son.
(d) Mac Sam.
11. Which character is more defensive over Carnelle?
(a) Mac Sam.
12. Which sentence best describes Carnelle?
(a) She is jealous of Elain's bond with her children.
(b) She is jealous of Popeye and Delmount's relationship.
(c) She was defeated before she began.
(d) She had a big chance of winning until she tripped.
13. What is inside the shoebox that Carnelle receives?
(a) A new dress.
(b) A Mardi Gras mask.
(c) A frog in a dress.
(d) A knife.
14. How does Carnelle feel after her skill routine?
15. Which character retrieves ice in Act 2, Scene 2?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following items is a symbol in Act 2?
2. Who does not understand why Carnelle is putting herself through the humiliation?
3. Who tells Delmount that Popeye loves him?
4. When Elain and Popeye come out of the pageant tent, how do they appear?
5. Which character brings a shoebox to Carnelle?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)