|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From whom does Delmount hide in Act 2?
2. What does Elain want in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) To go back to school.
(b) To feel beautiful.
(c) A man who is adventurous.
(d) To have children.
3. Where did Popeye lose a job?
(b) Dime store.
4. When Popeye got fired from a job recently, what did the young girl who caused the problem claim to want to see?
(a) A new coat.
(b) The color of her own eyes.
(c) Popeye's hair color.
(d) How good she looked in her new clothes.
5. Who is Tessy looking for in Act 2, Scene 1?
(c) Mac Sam.
6. Who once dated Mac Sam?
7. Which character arrives to the pageant in a good mood?
(d) Mac Sam.
8. Which character is considered an ugly misfit in the eyes of others?
9. What is Elain wearing at the pageant?
(a) A Mardi Gras mask.
(b) A summer dress.
(c) A red antebellum dress.
(d) A parka.
10. What is inside the shoebox that Carnelle receives?
(a) A frog in a dress.
(b) A new dress.
(c) A Mardi Gras mask.
(d) A knife.
11. Which character is more defensive over Carnelle?
(a) Mac Sam.
12. What color dress does Carnelle wear in the pageant?
13. From what does Carnelle's family try to save her?
(a) Dropping out of college.
(b) Making a horrible decision.
14. Which characters talk behind the pageant tent when Carnelle is in the pageant?
(a) Mac Sam and Delmount.
(b) Popeye and Elain.
(c) Elain and Franklin.
(d) Delmount and Popeye.
15. What is going well for Delmount in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) His furniture is selling well.
(b) He met a new girl.
(c) He got his house back.
(d) He is in love with Popeye.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is present in Act 2, Scene 1?
2. Which character gave Mac Sam syphilis?
3. How does the audience react to Carnelle falling onstage?
4. What is Tessy's occupation?
5. What does Elain bring to the pageant for Carnelle to use?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)