|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word describes Delmount when he comes back from the pageant tent?
2. Which character arrives to the pageant in a good mood?
(b) Mac Sam.
3. According to Carnelle's perspective, which character has the perfect life?
4. Which character decides in Act 2 not to watch the rest of the pageant?
(d) Mac Sam.
5. Which sentence best describes Carnelle?
(a) She was defeated before she began.
(b) She is jealous of Elain's bond with her children.
(c) She had a big chance of winning until she tripped.
(d) She is jealous of Popeye and Delmount's relationship.
6. What does Elain decide to do in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Force her husband to move.
(b) Bring her sons to the carnival.
(c) Return to her husband.
(d) Leave her husband to go back to school.
7. When Popeye got fired from a job recently, what did the young girl who caused the problem claim to want to see?
(a) A new coat.
(b) Popeye's hair color.
(c) The color of her own eyes.
(d) How good she looked in her new clothes.
8. How does the audience react to Carnelle falling onstage?
(a) They are sympathetic.
(b) They call her names.
(c) They laugh quietly.
(d) They begin leaving the tent.
9. From whom does Delmount hide in Act 2?
10. Where did Popeye lose a job?
(c) Dime store.
11. Who does Carnelle talk to in the beginning of Act 2, Scene 1?
(c) Mac Sam.
12. Which of the following is present in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Tragic ending.
(b) Character analysis.
(c) Comic relief.
13. Who once dated Mac Sam?
14. How does Carnelle feel before going back on stage to exhibit her skill?
15. Which character retrieves Delmount from the pageant tent?
(a) Mac Sam.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Delmount need money?
2. Which character does Carnelle hope will alter her dress?
3. Who tells Delmount that Popeye loves him?
4. Where does Act 2 take place?
5. From what does Carnelle's family try to save her?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)